Layton observed in disbelief, there was no way there was an actual monster in this tomb,... was there? He tried to think of something that would actually want to eat metal like it was a five star dish. Layton went to take a closer look. And what do you know, it really looked like something took a really nice bite of steel. Then he noticed the scrapes... It was impossible that there was anything out there that could take such a clean bite out of a piece of machinery like that.

"One time, I heard there were the weird insects which feed off of metal and minerals. They were pretty average sized for insects, and they were always is swarms." Layton explained "But then that wouldn't explain the scrapes on the walls..." he took a couple of steps back to get a better view "If it really was the insects, then there is bound to be acid residue." Layton pointed out quickly "Hey Zoe, could you scan this?"

"I can power it up with electricity, not sure if it would work," Jane suggested as she followed the others down the stairs. She didn't mind walking down the stairs, but, walking up slippery stairs with a sensitive relique did sound slow and dangerous.

As the girl saw the giant bite out of the machinery she froze up for a moment, shocked by the sheer size of the bite. But, it didn't take long before her curiosity got bigger. "That doesn't look like it is the work of insects," Jane mentioned as she got closer the machine. "Or it is a giant insect," she added the thought of such a beast sent a shiver up her spine. The girl stood on her tones running her fingers over the metal checking for any saliva or any other identification if it was fresh or not. She couldn't quite reach the bite itself but, it would have dripped down right?

Vir smirked as she held her gun in her hands steadily. ''...Maybe it is one of the builders of this place returning to check on the cubes to see how much longer the temple can hold against the weather. Y'know, propably was in a cryostasis in some hidden room until an emergency in form of loss of too many cubes occured and their duty is to ensure temple holds for as long as possible.'' She said. She looked at the claw with her heat vision to see if whatever touched the thing left a heat mark. If it did then this is quite fresh. If it did not then this is an old claw mark, as even friction creates some heat if clawed through a long enough area.

"Interesting theory Vir. I like it better than the meal eating insects." Nuli commented after all this could be a tomb. Though she's not sure what would be worse. She took a good look at the bitten equipment and the scrapes on the wall. There were certainly broken pieces of equipment and scraps everywhere, but she didn't see any footsteps or tracks of any kind.

"Honestly, every time we step inside, there's always something new. I have no idea what took a bite. Maybe the planet has wild animals that found its way in the temple."

There weren't any animals though, at least not near the temple. What was in the temple soon flew over everyone's heads though. Weird drones that were no bigger then a football didn't seem bothered there were intruders in the temple. They mostly made their way to the abandoned types of equipment, breaking them apart even more, while others tended to repair the scrapes that were on the temple walls. Others flew to the broken elevators, proceeding to do some repairs.

They looked a bit cute. Nuli lept up and grabbed one mid-air. "I guess it's just these little guys," she replied. This particular one was circular.

Layton almost recoiled i disgust "How cute..." he said sarcastically "Heh looks like I wasn't that far off with my theory after all." he let out a small chuckle. After a few moments he was no longer disgusted or even disturbed by them. "I don't think holding them like that is a wise decision." he commented. Layton observed them as they repaired the elevator and got an interesting idea. "You know, we could just use the elevator and see where it goes, once the drones are done doing their thing." he suggested, "Or should we continue following the archaeologist? It does seem like the wiser thing to do."

Jane instinctively ducked down when the little iron things came flying in. "Great metal-eating robots," she exclaimed as she looked at the thing the purple alien was holding. "Doesn't really look cute to me," she judged. "Don't look very friendly, who knows who is controlling those," she said.

Jane looked up at Layton and then at the elevator. "We could try using it to go back up when he left us, I can charge it. Worth the try," she said.

Vir followed along the others with her gun in her hand. Her eyes quickly latched unto the drones as they emerged into her vision. ''Hang on. These droids can be a threat. Avoid going too close to them.'' She said as she held her gun up as she aimed at one of the drones with her gun in case the droids did anything suspicious. Whiel she was doing so her eyes glared at one of the weird insects that were still in the room. She tried to scan one of these for any potential information she could get on them with her eyes.

"I've seen inscriptions of them, they're harmless maintenance droids, but they're not local to this temple. They much have come from somewhere, a portal." The archaeologist deduced, "And they're controlled by someone..."

Nuli looked around and of course, she let the droid go. She looked at the repaired elevator and thought about it, "If someone's controlling them, we got to go immediately." she stated and made her way to the elevator. The inscriptions were weird and ancient. But she managed to recognize just a bit to get a rough idea of what they mean, "Come on guys, this elevator should take us directly where we need to be."

"Alright, I hope you know what you're doing." Layton rushed to follow her. It was also at this time, that he noticed Nuli's nice ass. It was a good thing he was wearing NV goggles so no one could tell where he was looking.

Layton was hiding it, but all of those drones -and the thought of someone controlling them- was making him slightly nervous. Though he couldn't just let it show. That would hurt his pride. "What about the archaeologist? Is she joining us?" he looked back for a moment.

Last edited:
"Doesn't look harmless," Jane said as she glanced in the direction of the bites prints on the machinery. "I don't want to find out if, what happens when they start attacking us," Jane shared her concerns. The girl followed Nuli shortly, walking as quickly as she can in the direction of the lift without slipping.

Vir walked along as the others talked. ''Let's take archeologist with us. More the merrier. Besides, that way we will have a meatshield.'' She commented as she continued walking. ''Controlled by someone, you say? In that case I suggest we get rid of the droids before they can cause us any harm.'' She said as she took aim at one of the droids. With a swift pull of a finger bullets flew out of her gun as she carefully took down one of the mysterious droids.

"Wait, what?" The archaeologist said she didn't quite like the idea of being a human shield, well one likes the idea of being a human shield, to be honest. Still, she ended up stepping inside of the elevator with everyone else, especially since she didn't want to get shot by the crazy woman. "I am not a meat shield." She said to Vir immediately.

The droid broke apart, exploding the moment the bullets went through them. None of the other droids noticed, or even cared for that matter, they just continued their business. Nuli, of course, made sure Vir was in the elevator before she decided to destroy another one. The Quark had a feeling while one may not be an issue, destroying others would alert people.

Of course, once everyone was in the elevator, it immediately went down without any touch of a button. The trip was a bit long, and the elevator was rather quick. The deeper they went, the warmer it got, up to the point, it was room temperature, especially with the winter clothes on. "It's hotter then it's supposed to be." the archaeologist said.

Of course, once the elevator went to the very bottom it opened up. The room here was like it was a heatwave in the city. Burning hot. Nuli didn't mind the heat, she just walked out of the elevator like nothing. To her surprise, there was more drone that was carrying and placing the Argon Cubes in their places. There were a lot of panels that contained cubes, and almost all of them were full. The temple, for the most part, was being repaired and reactivated.

Layton stared in awe, it was a shame they could only take a few. "I guess you could say we hit the jackpot..." he said with a concerned expression. The site of those cubes made Layton think about how all of this was too convenient. On one; side he felt like they were somewhere where they shouldn't be. But the fact that they wren't faced with any security, was making him uneasy. "Let's just get the cubes and get the hell out." he said as he slowly exited the elevator.

The image of Nuli's ass was still fresh in his mind.

Jane followed the others into the elevator and before she could even ask if it needed electricity it started moving. For a moment the girl was convinced the lift was going to bring them to the middle of the earth. As the temperature raises the girl unzipped her coat making it a little more bearable.

The girl followed right behind Nuli. A little fearful she followed the activity of the drones. She had hoped there would be less here but, the opposite turned out to be true. "Doesn't seem damaged to me," she mentioned as she walked towards the nearest cube. "Can we just take them out?" she asked as she put her hands around the cube with the attention to rip it right out of its place.

As the elevator dropped deeper and deeper Vir started to sweat in her suit. Mist begun to form upon her helmet as she gently panted in her gear. Once they reached the bottom floor the heat was unbearable. Vir sighed as she begun to remove her helmet. She took a deep inhale once the helmet was removed, and then breathed out. She could breathe, but the air was moist and rather hot - even without the helmet. She proceeded to unzip her winter gear as she hands them over to the archeologist. ''Carry these.'' She said. Vir was currently in her uniform that she had worn from before and underneath her gear. She started walking after the three others. She looked at the drones and at the center of the temple thath ad the cubes. She frowned. ''Guys... I have a gut sense telling me that - if we grab one of the cubes - these droids will actually attack.'' She commented as she held her gun in her hand, aiming at the droids with anticipation.

There was a rather joyful humming, something's there and not just the droids. A much larger, golden droid hovered down to meet the new guests. This one was circular as well, and it had small wings around the sides and spikes around its top. A single-camera just in front of it. "Oh my, two humans, an Allurian and UUD Quark in the facility, how marvellous." It said to them, then it faced Nuli specifically, "Wait, UUD, where's your owner, aren't you supposed to be in a plantation now?"

"What?" Nuli asked.

"Nevermind that. Greetings, I am Grand Liberian102, I'm the care keeper of facility 212B. Recently, facility 221A reported several damages and interferences so I have come to repair things to it's proper function."

"Fascinating." The archaeologist ended up holding Vir's clothes, but she was more focused on the ancient droid right in front of her.

"I suspect you're the meddler's who's been interfering with this facility?" the droid asked

Jane was just about to jank the cube out of place when a humming pulled her attention. The happy humming seemed strangely out of place as she turned around she got confronted with an even larger drone. Not good certainly not good, she quickly turned around to grab the cube and be out of here but, as she turned around it spoke. It spoke. The girl almost flew a metre in the air, letting out a surprised scream. "You talk?" she asked surprised.

Well, it wasn't the first time she witnessed a robot-like thing speak but, it mostly was a whole lot more machine-like. "We just need one," Jane said. "You sure have tons of them," she added pointing at the dozens of cubes all around the room.

Layton cleared his voice with a gentle cough, to seem more polite. "Excuse us." he said in a charismatic manner "Me and my partners here, were wondering if you could spare us a few of those cubes over there. It took us a very long time to arrive to this amazing planet. So we were wondering if we could add one of those cubes to our artifact collection." he asked like fine man. "We also apologize for causing any issues." he said nicely

Vir nodded as she lowered her gun as she walked up to the golden droid until she was one feet off from the droid. ''Listen here you shiny and fancy pansy metal piece of junk. I don't know who is interfering with this facility, but we need one of those cubes because we fucked up our other heist. How about you are a nice little bot and let us swoop in, grab one of these useless cubes and we're all on our merry way away? You won't even notice the cube going missing. Sounds good, yes?'' Vir asked.

Nuli was a bit relieved that everyone seemed to be asking relatively politely, but then, of course, Vir had to open her mouth. Nuli took a deep breath and sighed. At first, however, it just hovered had shivered right in front of them, so Nuli thought it wasn't angry, or at least hid it at the moment.
"Please ignore Vir, she's an angry one."

Oh, but it did get angry, after a brief hesitation it's camera glowed a bright yellow while its body began glowing more reddish at the same time. Nuli took a deep breath, casually stepping behind Layon. The droid faced each one of them, then it faced Vir specifically, blasting the lady with a very powerful blast of blue electricity. The electricity burnt through much of Vir's clothes and fried a bit of her metal arm, possibly frying her brain as well. It then calmed down again, acting normal.
"No apologies needed, I get quite angry as well." The droid said in a calm tone, then it hovered across the room, "Invader alert 1st degree. Suspects are considered armed and dangerous, and rude. Meet with deadly force." It spoke out loud, it's voice echoed through the entire room, and through the entire temple alerting every drone. And so, every drone began to glow red.

Back