Layton was rather surprised the golden drone was still in one piece, then again, it's not like things were going in their favour to begin with.

"Great, anybody have any ideas on how to get past this hunk of junk?" he asked.

Jane jumped backwards as the ship worked itself into the temple. Just as she was about to run into the ship the drones blocked her way. "No way you creep," she yelled at the golden disk in the air. Again she grabbed for the battery and pointed at the three drones sending all the electricity stored in it in their direction. That should be enough otherwise she would need to use her special weapon.

Vir glared at the four droids. This is not a good situation. She has zero idea why they are here or why they need the cube, but she has this gut feeling that if they left without the cube they wouldn't get to live for long.

After some time of thinking a small drop of water fell unto Vir's head. She was surprised by it as she looked up the roof as she saw something that she remembered. The temple is made out of ice that is right now slowly melting due to the heat that had built up. It gave her an idea. She takes a quick aim at the roof with her gun as she empties her last clip to the roof as she shoots her bullets at the roof. The bullets make a circle shape upon the roof that surrounds the four droids. As she had expected it she begun to see growing cracks form inside of the circle that she created due to lessened support that it specifically has. Vir quickly puts her hand against Nuli's chest that was next to her as she pulled Nuli back as Vir took a few steps to stay safe from the potential ice shrapnel. And then there was a loud crash-like cracking as the ice within the circle broke off from rest of the roof and started its rapid fall towards the droids.

"No, no, no, no, NO!" The droid said looking up, the temple officially began collapsing quite a bit. Many slight imbalances tipped the scale, becoming a giant problem. "The Temple!" It completely forgot about the group and scrambled to a panel just across the room, reading the stats and groaning frustrated.
"You know what, just go. Take the cube with you. Every second you spend here is more destruction! GET OUT!" It yelled while all of the other droids moved out out the way. Some were crushed by the falling ice and debris, but others made it to the safety of course.

Nuli blinked for a second and took a deep breath, the ship was receiving a lot of abuse from the falling ice but it should be fine. She immediately dashed towards her ship, expecting the others to follow of course. She quickly went to the panel and began getting everything read. She's not sure how long the droid's frustration would last. "Hurry while it's still annoyed by us." She said to the group.

Layton followed suit and made his way onto the ship. He looked around at the crumbling temple, and couldn't help but smirk at the panicking droid. "Let's go, team." he said loudly, his voice somewhat muffled by the sound of falling debris. "Have to admit, that was the shittiest mission I was ever a part of." he commented as he brushed past Nuli. Layton then proceeded to take off all of his head gear and put it away.

As the drones flew aside, Jane didn't stop thinking about the sudden change of mind. No, the girl ran straight at the entrance at the ship as soon as the girl was inside she looked back to see if everyone had made it inside. "Hurry, Hurry," she yelled. Jumping up and down eager to get out of the place as fast as possible.

"Well it isn't completely over yet," she mentioned.

Vir ran to the ship along with others as her feet stomped upon the metal landing platform. Once she made it insideo f the ship she quickly looked at others and motioned them in. ''Hurry! We need to get this ship running! Get the captain to steer the ship already!'' She shouted at others.

Nuli sat down on the captain's seat and looked at Vir, "Buckle up," she said to her. The outside of the ship was banged up because of the ice but that wasn't a real problem. With a quick push of a button and the adjusting of some gears. AND with everyone inside and seated carefully. The ship hovered out of the temple and blasted out into space. Nuli didn't stop flying until they were out of the planet's gravity range. Once things had cooled down, she looked around and did a quick headcount, "Is everyone here?" She asked. There was a Jane, a Vir, and a Layton. Oh, and the archaeologist was there too.

Layton was leaning against the wall with his hands crossed. A somewhat dissapointed and annoyed expression on his face. He then turned so he could face the rest of the group and said:

Dialogue options:

1) Not gonna lie, that was a shit show...
2) I hope that was worth it, because I'm not sure if I'm willing to go through that again if the cubes are in a damaged state.
3) You have to admit, that was one hell of a mission AND outcome. I was starting to have doubts about us getting out of there alive.
4) [LIE] Hey girls, I think I forgot my phone back at the temple, mind if we go back?

Option chosen: 1)

He then began inspecting his metal hand, somewhat like a gesture.

"Yes, I am here," Jane said as she put her hand up, still a little shaken from their hurried escape. "Did we got the cubes?' she asked as she glanced over at the others. In all the chaos she wasn't 100 percent sure they managed to get them with them safely.

Vir panted as she stood In the ship with her "squad" as she looked at them. There was a growing confusion In her. Fear and confusion towards these strangers grew within her as she lacked a conception or memory of Who these People are. In fact she lacks a memory of why she is Jere with these strangers and why are they In a spaceship or what they were doing in that Temple. She let go of her weapon and let it fall To the ground. There was a deep clink as it hit the ground.

"Alright. Pause time. Who are you People, why are we on a spaceship, why is my armor so tarnished and why were we In that odd ice place? I have 0 idea who you guys are. Why don't I remember what happened In the Last few years? ? " Vir said.

((Sorry about my silence. Traveling with my family In Japan so my replies are slow.))

"Wow, a few hours ago, you threatened to kill each one of us," Nuli said honestly, the ship was in the vacuum of space and just moving aimlessly for now.

"You were struck by a robot, that might have caused your amnesia," the archaeologist said. She went into the bag and emptied it. And there it was, the cube.

Almost immediately, it made the room very warm, luckily it was placed in its containment box before it began to bake everyone. Just when Nuli had placed the Argon Cube into the box, a small disk fell out from it. From the design of the disk, it was the same colour and design of the cube, made to blend into it. Someone obviously placed the disk on the cube.
"That was there the whole time?" Nuli asked.

Layton went for a closer look. "Well that's interesting..." he commented "... I haven't noticed that before." he said as he eyed it with suspicion. He proceeded to grab the disc with his metalic hand, just in case. His hand produced a soft click as he held it with his index finger and his thumb. He was trying to be as delicate as possible with it, as to not damage what could potentially be valuable goods.

He then raised it closer to the light so that everyone could get a nice and clear look. Layton wondered what this disc was, could this have something to do with the cube itself, or was it some sort of tracking device? In which case, why in the hell was he treating it like a delicate butterfly?

"Any ideas as to what this is?" he asked, still inspecting the disc with squinted eyes.

"Well best if you don't remind her of that," Jane remarked before glancing over to the woman. "You don't remember anything anymore? Prison? Our mission to get the artefact thing?" she asked the woman looking a little worried.

As she heard the other two behind her she turned around glancing up at the disc in the hands of the much taller man. "Is there something written on it?" she asked as she stood up at her tones to look better.

Vir lifted her eyebrow at them. She was... Unsure and confused with their words. "Prison? Was I assigned To send you here? Thay would explain why my armor lacks the Police insignia, but not why I would lack any Police related equipment. Why are we In a spaceship? I thought these only Come In once a decade or so. What..."

Vir paused To think about any possible reasons. Slowly a fear grew within her as she begun To find out that, while she remembers parts of her Last mission as an operator, she does not know what happened after the mission. All she remembers a sudden shock on her head and them her Last memory is from the Temple. But there was something Else In her. She heard a gentle ringing voice. The ringing and high pitched note Slowly devolved into a scream. It was a scream something unstable would do out of anger while gurgling and drowning. It was a familiar scram - her scream but More deranged.

Vir quickly snapped out of her trying To remembers as she slapped her face, gently sweating as a spill of adrenaline again filled her. Something had happened To her, but she does not know what. "So... I don't remember anything that had happened In the Last four years. Why am I with you People and not In the Police forced of the station?"

"Well, if you really cannot remember, then we'll just get you your files then. So you can just read what happened." She answers the person who has had the greatest personality shift the archaeologist has ever seen. Hopefully, once they return, there would be a decent computer that can access the relevant information, hopefully, the Commerce Partnership likes to keep records of people it's come into contact with. Including your people, I'll imagine." She replied to Vir. The archaeologist was hoping to return to her regular boring paper work, this was just too much excitement.

"You're not with the police force, you attempted to rob a shipment or relics and so the owners hired you to go get them more of the relics." Nuli had answered point-blank. She forgot about the disk for a moment, but she made sure to grab it and place it somewhere safe so it doesn't get too scratched.

Vir looked at Nuli with her eyebrow, no, eyebrows raised. She was shocked with the news she heard from her. "e-excuse me? Robbed a shipment? Why?!" She asked as she had never done any crimes In her cop career. Why did she-... What happened? What caused her life To go wrong? Vir stood there frozen as she heard her life had been ruined by something unknown To her. Why did this happen?

Layton stared at her in amusement. He couldn't believe the woman who was -let's be honest- responsible for half of the shit that went wrong during the robbery. "Unfortunately, only you know the answer to that question." he said carelessly "As for *Robbed a shipment?*, no one robbed shit!" suddenly he seemed rather angry "Let me enlighten you on your forgotten past you fucking cunt!" he stood in front of her and started re-telling of the events that transpired on that damn station.

"Some moons ago, on a certain decrepid space station there were three thiefs, You, me, Nuli and Jane. At the time, we were unknown to one another. But one day, we all heard the news that the Comerce partnership was stopping by for a visit. A pretty big cargo ship belonging to the partnership needed a quick repair -if I remember correctly-. At the same time, we all got the idea to rob it, for our own reasons." Layton crossed his arms as he was recalling the events "Eventually, we all happened to meet inside a big freezer sheltering those cubes inside the ship." he pointed at the bag with the artifacts. "Understandably, we didn't know one another, there was bound to be mistrust. Hell, one other thief tried to kill Nuli once we met up, but he was taken care of..." he exclamed "We probably could've come to a compromise, if it wasn't for you!" he pointed a metalic finger at Vir's face with scorn. "You made it worse when you tried to kill everyone and threw granades in an closed space. Not to mention you wouldn't stop talking. You kept throwing insults and talking about "Getting rid of the filth."." he pintched the bridge of his nose.

"Eventually they caught us, for better or worse. The only reason we're here and not in a federal prison, is because the Commerce partnership thought it would be better to send us on suicide missions to die doing them instead." he said as if he was finishing the last paragraph of a fairy tale. "Satisfied?".

Jane looked surprised at the woman, "Police? You worked for the police?" she exclaimed. "Well no good things happen, that's clear," Jane blurred out. Starting to get a bit more comfortable with the others or maybe it was just because she was relieved they came at alive maybe both.

She smirked and rolled her eyes as the men mentioned the woman hadn't stopped talking and screwed stuff up. After all, he was quite chattering as well and if she remembered right he had turned off the light. "But, we did came to a compromise, after they captured us because of the failed robbery we got the mission to get that artefact," she said as she nodded in the direction of the box. "If we managed to that we would get uh millions of credits. Well, it did work, technically. We blew up the temple well doing so and destroying all the other artefacts but, still," Jane added on to the summary of the man.

"There's the fact we angered the very ancient relics that were repairing the temple in the first place, greatest archaeological discovery and was blown up in less than a day. Congrats everyone, at least the Argon Cube survived," The archaeologist stated. Obviously bombed out by what had happened.

It didn't take very long to make it do their destination, the Commerce Partnership had fueling stations in as many galactic lanes as possible, charging a pretty penny for refuelling. Luckily, Nuli didn't have to pay for refuelling, just the tax for landing at the station. There were some of the local police there and all of the wealthy Commerce Partnership rich guys there as well. Honestly, they looked rather surprised that anyone survived. A doctor with prewritten death certificates was there and there were some rescue officers there encase they weren't back in a long while.

Back