"Oh, I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!" he said with a devilish smile "I bet you won't be calling me a petty thief now!" when he said that, he suddenly felt the sensation taking a golden shit on somones royal table. Those bastards were probably hoping for them to die on that miserable planet. Layton quickly began to slean himself off, brushing off any dirt that was on his suit. With a few swipes of his hand, he was practically clean. The next thing he did was a little unexpected. He pulled out one of his mirrors and began inspecting his face. It seemed fine, even though he wasn't as good as he was hoiping, it was still a handsome face he was looking at.

"This is going to be very entertaining!" he said with supressed glee. "What do you think Jane?" he turned to face her as he put away his mirror.

As they got closer to the docks Jane put her hands on the glass leaning towards it as she tried to find any of her family in between the crowds. "I don't know, I see police that can never be good," she said a little unsure, "You think they would arrest us anyway? I mean we technically succeeded, but what if they find out we destroyed all the rest and angered some robotalienthings," she added not as sure they be brought in as heroes. Once a thief always a thief.

Vir ever so slowly nodded as she listened To them. "I-I see..." Vir felt a bit Lost as she just learned her whole life was ruined and the life she once knew was gone. She does not know what happened, but she wants To find out.

She turned her head at Jane as she nodded. "Uh, correct. I was an operator Who worked their way with security protocols and systems when we busted our way into criminals' homes. I was instrumental In finding out the layout and disabling the traps that littered the houses." She said, soin frowning. "... I suppose I was struck by a defence mechanism that made me, Well, lose my old life. "She said. She slowly picked up from the floor her weapon as she looked around with her head." I have never been on a ship before. " Vir confessed.

"Well, I just hope we get paid and relieved of our debt." Nuli commented immediately, "Come on."

The ship took some time but it eventually it landed on the platform, Nuli sighed receiving a digital charge the second it touched the ground. The ship opened, allowing everyone to step out immediately. The archaeologist was the first one to exit, having just enough of everyone in the entire ship. She, of course, disappeared into the rather surprised and impressed crowd. Nuli stepped out soon after and looked around, she was mostly glad things worked out just fine, knowing how much worse things would do. Nuli was brining the cooler that had the cube by herself, it wasn't heavy and she didn't want anyone else dropping it.

"So, you got the cube?" One of the Commerce Partnershop businessmen asked, "Can we see it?"

Layton stood behing Nuli with his armes crossed. He wasn't a violent man, but seeing that ugly mug made him want to smash it with a frying pan. Alas, he had no choice other than to stand ther and listen to them talk. Inside his head, he had many thoughts concerning the missions that they would have to complete. And in a sick way, wanted to stand up to the challange.

But for now, all he had to do to kill time was to stare at Nuli's round ass.

Jane listened to the story of the woman, "oh," she said as the woman pieced everything together. "Well maybe you can try getting your old life back," she offered. "Or partly," she added as she followed the others of the ship.

"Yes, we did," she answered the businessman, looking him straight in the eye, her hands on her hips.

Vir looked at the direction of the door opening as she remained silent. She proceeded To stay by the back of the squad. She looked with wide eyes like a deer In headlights. The station begun To bring In a sense of belonging. She decided To follow others.

Nuli nodded, placing the cooler down and taking out the cube, "Here you go, so can we get paid?" She asked immediately. And well, the Commerce Partnership weren't expecting to pay anyone. Their money was put on the group dying. But a good job's work is a good job's work.

"Do you accept physical credits or can the funds be sent to a bank account?" the person asked immediately.

"I want physical cash, what about you guys?" Nuli asked everyone else

Layton's face lit up at the sound of that. For a moment he stopped to think. It would have been a smart idea to get an upgrade instead of cash. But that would drag on for too long. "Yeah, give me some of that money too." he said with a hint of excitement.

"Cash, I don't really have a bank account," Jane confessed moving her weight from one foot to the other nervously. She couldn't really believe it was really happening and part of her was still expecting the police to arrest them any moment now. She only hoped nothing bad had happened while she was gone.

Vir thinks. She remembers that she has a bank account. If it was not closed then it should be still available... Inside of her eyes appeared the UI for her bank account. 'Please enter password' the UI said. Vir entered her password in her head and the ui in her eyes showed that her bank account still existed... with -50000 in debt for her. Vir was shocked when she saw it, as she remembers that she used to have atleast a hundred thousand in bank! How? Where was her-... Vir remembered. She had taken a loan to move into her new, well, ''old'' home few days before the disaster.

''I have a bank account that we can use as our collective account for our needs. YOu can't literally expect them to give us the money in physical cash. We'd be floating in one dollar bills if they did so with the payment.'' Vir explained.

Layton let out a silent laugh, and began to speak "Fat chance, sister." he said with distrust "The day I give my money for safe keeping to the person who tried to kill us, will be the day I quit stealing!" he said with disgust. Was she really that crazy as to sriously impy such a moronic ideas as that?!

"I'll keep my money in cash." he reassured.

Cash it is. Luckily there was an ATM, unluckily was being paid millions each would be problematic in delivery. Yet was still done. After some minutes, suitcases stacked with all the credits were presented. The actual cash was made of metal, like small rectangular coins. The rectangular coins had their value engraved on them and they were all hundred dollar coins. They were around a quarter the size of paper money, but three times as thick.
"Universal credits good for any place the Commerce Partnership recognizes."

Nuli grabbed her suitcase, not bothering to open it just yet.

Layton followed suit, not opening his case either, figuring it woud make things akward. "Well, I must say this calls for a clebration!" he said in a good mood "Drinks are on me!" h aid with a hint of glee. "Does anyone know of a good place to get drunk?"

Jane took the suitcase peeking into it to make sure it was legit. Well, the coins where really there, never had she seen so much money altogether or coins with a value that high. "I need to go back to my family they would worry about me," she said as she held the suitcase closely to her chest. The girl stood up on her tones looking for a safe way out of the harbour. She still expected them to steal it away from her any moment. The battery was completely emptied trying to tease the drones and the suitcase was a little too big for her to run away with if that be necessary.

Vir sneered at Layton. "So you Kiss your Mother with that mouth, mr. Nameless??" Vir commented at his choice of words. When the ATM was revealed and it started printing out money her eyes widened In shock. This much money shouldn't be possible In physical format. How can that ATM carry so much?

Vir took her suitcase as she looked at it awkwardly before seeing the small kid struggle with the giant suitcase. She flung her gun to her back as she walked over to Jane. "Let me carry that for you, little girl." She said as she grabbed the suitcase In her other hand as she carried the two's cases.

She turned around to look at others. She was... Kind of Lost. She did not know where to begun with herself. Everything feels... Out of place. This isn't what her life was before. "So... What now? Why did we take this mission? Where do we store this money?" She asked from thw rest of the squad.

Nuli looked at Vir for a moment, "Now I think we go back to our lives, I'll take Jane back to her family and maybe Layton would want a ride to a bar. I don't know about you, Ms Vir. I suspect a lot happened between what you last remembered and now, I think you should find your files to see if they say something." Nuli tossed her suitcase into the ship with some strength. The money is great enough to live off for several years alone as she usually did.

She stepped inside the ship and looked around, the lady accessed her computer then printed out a paper containing a list of every bar that's close to the area. Giving the list to Layton of course.

Layton took the list of bar names with his metalic hands. "Hah!" he jumped "I didn't think you'd actually give me somthing like this!" he laughed. "Well, I sure as hell had a fun time with you people." he said with a hint of sadness in his voice. "In any case, I'm going to need a drinking buddy." as he said this, his gaz turned to Vir, "Care to join me? Drinks are on me." he mentioned.

Jane held on to her suitcase, " ey," she protested as the woman pulled it out of her hands. She didn't really trust the woman yet, besides she seemed confused who knows she was going to do in her confusion.

" You would want to do that?" she asked as she looked up to the purple girl thankful. The girl held on to her suitcase pulling it near her as she tried following the girl into the ship. "I go with, Nuli," she said as she tried to get her suitecase back.

Vir looked at Layton. ''Eh. Would prefer to not drink yet. Got a lot related to my life to go through still and need a clear mind for planning a return to my old life.'' She said. She then looked at Nuli. ''Mind if I tag along on your ship for a while as you travel?'' She asked. She needs some time to find out what happened, and how she can get her old life back. She wonders if any of her old friends are still around.

She then noticed Jane pulling at the suitcase. He turned her head to look down at her. ''Don't you want me to carry this for you? You were struggling to carry this and someone could steal it from you as easily as I took it.'' She said at Jane.

Back