[Horror][Suspense][Fandom]Dead Space: Shadows of Estillon

Steely

Tactical Imbecile
This is a RP idea I've had for a while, back when me and a friend were brainstorming ideas for a new game in the Dead Space franchise, like most young fanboys do. Recently, when thinking of ideas for creating a group roleplay to add on this site, I revisited these old plans, and finally decided to flesh them out further. In short, this roleplay will involve mostly themes of horror, suspense and intrigue to some extent, all set within the universe of Dead Space. Of course, no extensive knowledge of the universe will be required, as I'll try my best to fully explain the events so it is available to all interested in this sort of idea!

The idea in itself is down below; I hope it catches your eye!

Shadows of Estillon

602433_Artists-concept-of-an-extraterrestrial-planet.jpg

Estillon. Popularized as the rogue planet that was mysteriously hooked in by the Sun's gravitational field, albeit distant from the planets of our Solar System, it was a clear target for the ever needy Earth Government in their constant search for resources. Rich in materials, the planet wasn't fracked like many others, thanks to signs of valuable substances on its surface that would be lost in case such methods were used. Soon enough, the pure richness of the planet brought in more and more workers, eventually allowing for the creation of a large space station, meant for both residential purposes and mineral processing facilities.

Even then, the supposedly prosperous orbital colony didn't escape the clutches of Unitology, the religion often linked to the horrific tragedies of the USG Ishimura and the massacre at Titan Station. Once miners found evidence of a Red Marker - an alien-like structure with the shape of two intertwined helix, known to be reverse-engineered replicas of the original Black Markers - on Etillon's surface, the Church of Unitology made sure that it was properly secured and studied upon.

However, the same tragedy began to repeat itself, under suspicious circumstances. The signals emitted by the Marker eventually initiated yet another outbreak, transforming the once peaceful orbital colony of Estillon into a hellish, blood-soaked nightmare crawling with the horrors known as Necromorphs.

Still, in all this chaos, survivors exist. They sneak through the halls of the brutalized station, in hopes of finding an exit. Those who still breathe have to face hordes of unspeakable horrors of flesh intent on tearing them apart, though the dangers don't stop there: EarthGov has mobilized a strike force to 'clean up' the station of any witnesses, and eventually obliterate the entire colony as a means to cover up the events from the public knowledge. To top it all off, the Marker calls for them, and their minds are tortured and twisted by hallucinations.

In this insane, bloody ruin of Estillon, much awaits those seeking to escape the horrors beckoning them. After all, as their reality is warped by the mysterious power of the Marker, all is not as it seems, and in the end, it might be too late to prevent something much more catastrophic from taking place...

So that's it! It'll include tons of desperate fights for survival, madness taking over those who remain, and reveals that might shatter the minds of those who uncover the truth. Though I'm not sure this is worthy of being turned into an Epic Roleplay, if it gathers enough people, I'll see what I can do!

For now, let me know if this catches your eye! If yes, send me a message on my PMs or just comment down here. Hope we can get this rolling soon!

Thank you to everyone who's taken interest so far! I hope we can find some more additional players so I can turn this into a real thing and get down to the smaller details.

Sure, I'm totally down! Perhaps this will undo the pain of... The Third Game. *Thunderclap*
The idea came from somewhere along that. While I'm not disregarding Dead Space 3 completely (After all, I never got the chance to play it and most of my knowledge on it comes from wiki entries), it's meant to be set somewhere between the second and the third installment. I'll have everything nailed down with more people, though, for further detail!

Back