Atlantis - City of Dreams Hotel

JessieJames

Dream as if you were dying.
Built into the palace, this is where the Lord of Sloth resides. The hotel lies to the left of the Precinct Center. From the outside it looks like a really tall Japanese styled mansion. After walking in the front door you are struck by the delicious smell coming from the pastry shop across from the doors. To the right of the doors is the check-in counter. To the left of the doors is a row of elevators that lead to next three floors. The fifth floor isn't accessible through those elevators. On the fourth floor is an elevator that leads to the fifth floor, but is only accessible to those who have the password to it, and is the domain of the Lord of Sloth. The Hotel has a cafeteria area, pool, rest area equipped with hammocks, library, and an area for socializing. Upon checking in the hosts and hostesses will see you to your room and give you access cards to the various areas in the hotel.

(Written by Draco Shadowdragon)

Last edited:
Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel - Leaving Room

As Ansigar gets up out of the chair in front of the window.He took one more look out of the window into the great view of the precinct center. He watched as people bustled around the precinct. He decided it had been long enough since he had visited anyone. He went over to his desk, maybe I should go hang out with one of them. He grabbed his cigarettes and threw a shirt on. He turned towards the door. Maybe I will give Lucius a visit. He grabbed a coffee on the way out the door for Lucius.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel - Entering

Ansigar entered the hotel and went up to the counter. "Has anyone come here looking for me," he asked the lady at the counter. As she told him that no one had yet he let out a sigh of relief now knowing he hadn't missed the appointment he had. He went up to his room and changed into something more comfortable. He put on a kettle and made some tea with passion flower and mint as he waited for A/C person. He silently thanked his deceased adopted mother for teaching him how to make his own tea from scratch.

Larain Stirena: hotel bear precinct.

Upon walking through the doors, she steadied herself and moved to the front desk. Her tool bag was slung overeating here shoulder. "I'm here to fix the a/c." She says.

The staff member sends the call to announce her arrival then gwv3 her directions on how to get to the room in which the problem was at. She was very glad for work but she always felt tired when she worked here. Never knew why but it never failed.

Lucky for her it helped to stay focused on the task at hand. Making her way to the floor she needed to be on, she started going through schematics in her head as she thought of all the possible reasons why the a/c could have gone out. It was such a strange thing that so many were going out at once but she ignores her thinking as the elevator dings.

Getting out, she looks to the door numbers until she reaches the right one. She knocks on the door and waits for an answer.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel - Bear Precinct

Just as he finished making the tea he heard a knock at the door. He gets up and walks to the door and opened it to see a woman that looked to be about the same age as him with a tool bag slung over her shoulder. He opened the door a little more and gestured for her to enter. "Hello, come in. I'm Ansigar. You must be here about the A/C." He closed the door behind her as she entered. "Do you want a cup of tea while I explain the details of what happened?"

Larain Stirena: Hotel, Bear Precinct.

As the door opened to reveal the man behind it, Larain, had to get her focus again. She nods to the man. "I'm Larson Stirena." She says and steps inside when motioned to do so.

It was easy to feel the difference in room temperature. She turns her gaze back to Ansigar as he asked her about the tea. She nods her head politely. "Yes please. Thank you sir." She says as she shifts the weight of the tools a little. The weight never bothered her. It meant work and work was good to have.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel - Bear Precinct

"I'm not entirely sure what happened, it was working fine the day before yesterday then when I woke up yesterday morning it was heating the air instead of cooling it," he said as he went into the kitchen to pour up the tea, "would you like sugar and cream in your tea?" He dropped three cubes of sugar in his tea and stirred it.

She listened to his description of what had happened with the air. It wasn't normal for a unit to just switch from cool to hot. Her mind was already going through each and every possible thing that could be wrong with it.

"Two sugars please." She said in answer about the tea.

If the unit had switched from cold to hot then it was possible the Freon was out but she just serviced all the units in the hotels before the start of the year. So it could be a leak some where and that to her seemed more possible.

She blinks slightly and looks to him. "There are a few possibilities for why it did that. I know more once I get started on it."

Last edited:
Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel - Bear Precinct

Ansigar put two cubes of sugar in hers, stirred it, and brought it out to her. He took a sip of his tea. "Do you mind if I watch? This kind of stuff fascinates me," he said as he sat in his chair. "You may sit if you'd like," he said gesturing at a chairs, "I see no need to rush. But I'll understand if you wish to get straight to work, as you may have other appointments scheduled for the day." He yearned for some company and he felt that her company would do. Sometimes he thought his laziness cost him his social life.

Gently she accepts the tea from him. The warmth was soothing to her hands. Then again she always did enjoy tea. She takes a sip as he asked her about watching. "I don't mind if you watch." Lots of those she did repairs for liked to watch her work. Part of her understood but the other part didn't.

When he asked about sitting for a bit, she shakes her head. " You're my last appointment for the day but I do like to get jobs done especially when dealing with the a/c units." She smiles a bit and drinks more of her tea before setting the cup down and going to the wall where the unit for this room was hiding at.

She sets her tool bag down and opens up the wall. Moving carefully and looks to the back of the unit and then to the front. There were no leaks in the line and according to the gaze there was plenty of Freon in the lines. So what happened?

" You said one day it was working and then the next day it was blowing out hot air?" She asks curiously.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel-Bear Precinct

He was a little disappointed when she said no sitting down. She's all work, he thought to himself, maybe when she's done with the a/c unit. He followed her to the the wall the a/c was on and watched as she inspected the lines and Freon. "That's right," he answered in response to her question, "would you like me to demonstrate it. Maybe you would be able to see what's wrong better with it running."

She nods at his words. "Yeah, let's turn it in because I'm not seeing any leaks so we are dealing with a possible clogged line or something else . " she sits back on her heels as she waits for him to turn on the unit. Her eyes were on the machine as she wondered what could be causing it to act up.

Yawning a little before glancing to him slightly. As the unit kicked on and began working, she listened closely to it. Gebtlly placing a hand on the side of it to feel the vibrations. She let it run for a few minutes before she nods to him. "Okay, go ahead and shut it off. "

She pulls off the front panel to the unit which reveals all it's wires and fuses. She looks over it carefully as she pulls a flashlight from her bag. Checking things from top to bottom before she smiles and nods. "A blown fuse." She says as she pulls the defective piece out.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel-Bear Precinct

Ansigar turned on the a/c and felt the hot air hit his face. He turns it off after a minute. He was glad to here that it was just a blown fuse. Fuses were cheaper than some of the other things he could think of that could have caused that problem. As she pulled out the defective piece he saw the telltale signs of burning. He rubbed his eyes on his sleeve as sweat rolled into them. It was hot here and he couldn't wait till the a/c was fixed so he could cool this room down. "So which fuse was it," he asked curiously wondering as saw multiple fuses in there, "and what do the other fuses control?"

"This one helps the temperature be regulated and communicates to unit from the thermostat." She explains. Then adds, "Sometimes a surge in power or simply it being old can cause them to burn out." She shrugs bit then turns her attention to her bag. Searching for a moment before pulling out a clear case which had the fuses inside.

She smiles when she found the correct one and put it in its place. "That should do it." She nods and looks to the other fuses. "A lot of these help with the communication of the unit to the rest of the network inside." She shrugs a bit. "Without them then unit doesn't work right."

She puts the panel back into place and secured it then nods to him. "Go ahead and turn it back on. Make sure it's working right and that was the problem. " she asks.

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel-Bear Precinct

Ansigar watched as she replaced the fuse. It was interesting how each part played an important role in making sure everything worked right. From watching her fix it he thought maybe he might be able to fix it himself if it ever broke again. Probably not, he corrected himself, I'll probably be to tired to try. When she finished he turned the a/c on as told. The air that came out was cold, just as he liked it. "Well it looks like that was the problem," he said as he turned towards her. "Thanks for the help," he said, the appreciation heavy on his face, "I can't stand the heat."

Ansigar Kokinos
Hotel-Bear Precinct

Ansigar was about to ask her how much it was going to cost when his text notification noise he had set for Mephisto went off. He pulls his phone out and checks the text to see that Mephisto sent a group text calling for all of the Devils to com to his dungeon. After getting the total cost from Larain he heads closing the door after she leaves. He hated having to rush things but Mephisto wouldn't put up with tardiness nor lateness. As he left the building called a taxi and headed towards the meeting place.

Larain Stirena: Hotel, Bear Precinct

Once she had the panel back into place, she made sure she had all her tools gathered up and back into place. She smiles a bit at his comment about the heat. Yes, she didn't blame him.

She gives him the price for the job which wasn't much as it was only a fuse that was the problem. When his phone took his attention she didn't say anything and waited patiently.

It was strange but part of her was sad that he had to go so quickly which meant she had to leave as well.

She thanked him for his payment and wished him a good day.

Heading out of the hotel, she made her way down the street. She checks her phone to see of she had anymore service calls but so far that seemed to be her last one. For now, she would head home and just kept her phone on so she would hear it should someone call her.

Back