House of Madness

Muir shrugged. "I don't know. Pendle usually takes care of that. Speaking of, dinner is usually on him, but other meals or snacks are provided by us. If you want to use the fridge, he sure to label your stuff, and occasionally we make lunch for each other, but is a selfserve kind of set up."

"Okay," Alexander quickly surveyed the room. The kitchen was basic with a stove/oven combo, microwave, can opener, coffee maker, toaster, fridge and freezer, and other appliances. "What about entertainment? Do you have any TV or music?"

"There's a tv in the living room, but it's really old, and no one really watches it," Muir shrugged. "Tinker has one in her room. Oh, you haven't met Tinker yet, but you will later. Same with Pendle." He paused. "Word to the wise, don't ask Mr. Stone too many questions, and don't wonder where he stays."

"I'll try to remember that. Does Mr. Stone not like people or something? Is he the landlord?" Alexander asked, moving into the living room and sitting on an old couch.

"I'm not really sure how he feels about people, to be honest," Muir admitted, following him. "He owns the house and he lives here, too. Vlad was the first person to come live here. I think he fell on hard times or something, and since they are both Magicians, I guess Pendle felt, I don't know, like he needed to show solidarity or something. Then the rest of us sort of filtered in. We have a human, two magicians, a water demon, and now a birdman!"

"Jeez, so this is the house of supernaturals!" the avian joked with a laugh. He did another quick survey of the room. "You know, the holidays are around the corner. You guys gonna do anything special?

Muir shrugged. "I don't know. Depends on what everyone else will be doing, I guess. What were your plans?"

"I tend to go all out. I'm planning on getting an artificial tree, plenty of decorations, maybe even trying some potpourri on the stove," Alexander replied.

"Just check with Pendle, first, but it'll probably be fine," Muir grinned. "Some of the others have sensativities, but he'll know about them."

"Okay," the bird said. He sat back and scratched the side of his head, a small pile of molt forming on the couch.

Muir was about to say something with a tall, blonde man walked in.

"Ahem. And who might this be?" he asked, blue eyes sparkling despite his frown. "I do not appreciate molt on my furniture."

Alexander stood up with a chirp and held out his hand. "Uh...I'm Alexander...and sorry...I tend to do that. You must be Mr. Stone."

Pendle glanced at the couch again. "I am sure you cannot help it. Just be sure you keep things tidied up," he said, not taking Alexander's hand. "Are you here visiting?"
Muir jumped in then. "I'm letting him stay with me until he can find a new place to stay."
"I see. Will you be staying long?" Pendle asked.

"I think that depends. I'm out of a job too, and I'll do my best to keep things clean," the bird clasped his hands in front of him and sat back down.

"Very well, I see no issue with it," Pendle shrugged. He moved toward the kitchen. "Just do not cause trouble for the others and respect their boundaries. Dinner will be ready in one hour. No, I do not want help."
Muir grinned happily and patted Muir's shoulder. "You have a place to stay!"

"Yes!" Alexander crowed. He jumped up and flew laps around the living room, chirping. He stopped abruptly, a bit sheepish. "Oh, right...sorry."

Muir just laughed as he brushed the feathers off his head. "It's okay. I should help you clean it up, though."

"Right," the avian sloppily landed before the water demon. "You guys got a vacuum or dust buster?"

"Sure, let me go find it for you," Muir agreed. He paused for a minute, trying to think. "Where do we keep... Oh! Right." He sauntered over to the closet near the kitchen doorway and opened it to reveal all the cleaning accouterment. "Got it!" He dug out the small, hand-held vacuum and set it near Alexander while he grabbed the broom. "This should only take a moment.

"Thanks," the avian gently accepted the dust buster. He switched it on and moved it forward and back on the couch, sucking up the feathers. He crouched down and did the same with the floor. When he was done, he turned off the vacuum and put it on a side table. "There, all done."

Back