House of Madness

"The Internet, where else?" Muir grinned. "Then the newspaper, and you could maybe shadow me or Tinker at work. I don't work tomorrow, but Tinker does."

"I think the internet is the best place to start first. I don't want to disturb Tinker while she works," Alexander replied, putting his dishes in the sink and washing them.

"Good," Tinker grumbled softly as she walked out.

"Well, we can... what are you doing?" Muir asked Alexander, watching him.

"Washing the dishes," Alexander responded, perplexed. He put his clean bowl in the second sink and got to work on the rest.

Muir was about to say something when Pendle cut in. "It appears you are good at it. Excellent! Thank you for volunteering for that chore every day, Alexander."

"My pleasure," the avian gave the magician a bright smile as he placed the last of the dishes in the second sink. "This place got a dishwasher?"

Nodding, Alexander dried off the dishes with paper towels, being as gentle as possible with the more fragile pieces. He did his best putting them back in their places.

"Oh, sorry," Alexander accepted the towel and finished drying the dishes. He put them back, doing his best to be careful.

"Thanks...I guess," Alexander replied, a bit uncertain. He was glad he was being careful this time, but he wasn't sure if he could trust himself with more breakable items at a job.

"Well, you need to do something, and you can't be that clumsy all the time," Muir smiled as he headed out, as well. "After all, you did all of these dishes without breaking any!"

"Yeah," Alexander smiled as he followed the water demon. Maybe there was hope for him after all. "So, does this place of a computer? If not, I'll get my phone."

"No, but I have a laptop we can use. Did you want to get job hunting now?" Muir asked. "I can grab it and meet you in your room."

Back