How did you discover roleplaying?

A friend would give me a notebook to write stories with her. Then Neopets was a thing and then Gaia Online.

I use to do the *huggles* and such and slowly my first boyfriend and I went from y'know cute cuddling and such to us creating this really weird world! He was a demon, I was an angel, and we magically had two children.... And we went killing things and.. yeah! That's really it, we did it through texts. I actually have two characters based off of the two 'children' we have, and a very long bloodline. Then I did other things through a game called 'Toontown', and then moved to forums!

It was nice~

Started playing on an old pc game called Neverwinter Nights. Bunch of communities on there, but I stuck around on a Harry Potter based server. Never looked back since!

I started young. My cousin and I, when we had the rare opportunity to see each other, spent a huge amount of our time together roleplaying. Whether that be in our grandmother's backyard, or making up our own story for games that we were playing on the gamecube, we both really enjoyed the idea of having a new story each time. Eventually when I got my DSi, I found a website called 3DSPlaza that had a lot of others around my age in the chatrooms, some of which were roleplaying. I was very interested, and thus my sleep schedule got entirely fucked as I would stay up well past 5 AM each night as an 11 year old boy. I loved to roleplay, and eventually I had honed my skills to the point where I kinda refused to roleplay with most of the people on the site due to their incompetence.
That led me to stop roleplaying for a few months until I had started to borrow my Aunt's laptop on weekends. This let me play games like Team Fortress 2 and Garry's mod, the latter of which I had found out there were roleplaying communities on as well! I started playing Half Life 2 RP, and still do to this day on the same community. Last summer I was really in the mood to roleplay, and found this site after a google search, now here I am.

I actually started in middle school...kind of. I was in the after-school program and met this kid named Joshua, and he did this thing where we would do kind of chst rps on a piece of paper. It was tons of fun lol. Fast forward to tenth grade where I wound up on this Vocaloid forum, and I learned to rp there. From there I got hooked, and found other sites to rp on, and the rest is history!

I think I was very active on a site called Chatango and did ChatRPs there. But before then I was always writing stories on my own.

I started roleplaying on video games like WoW, ROBLOX, animal jam, stuff like that to be honest. I remember roleplaying in those games but not really having any idea that it was actually roleplaying; I just would use asterisks to indicate actions and only found out it was roleplaying around 2010 when I was invited to a roleplaying group in a more serious environment. From there, I guess it just kinda shot off into what I do today.

I thought DnD was a silly gimmicky thing for weirdos.

Then I tried it myself and realized I am a weirdo as well and went "Well shoot."

Video games, mostly. I had an old group of friends on Roblox (eugh) that I used to "RP" with back when I was like 10-12 years old. At some point we moved on and I sort of had a spree of RPing on stuff like Minecraft and Terraria (EUGUGH) before I started RPing on forums.

Those old Roblox RPs weren't that different from the kind of stuff I do now, but they were fun.

I thought DnD was a silly gimmicky thing for weirdos.

Then I tried it myself and realized I am a weirdo as well and went "Well shoot."
giphy.gif

I love D&D. Clerics for the win!

I discovered roleplaying when a really good friend of mine invited me to join his high fantasy world.

I read his world's back story and you could've seen in my face that I was very impressed.

I joined, along with a number of other friends, in this cool world of his.

I actually had so much fun at that time, and we're still roleplaying now, but we use Facebook for roleplaying

My fanfiction on FF.net was against the rules, so I was directed to Tumblr. Somehow, I found out about roleplaying by looking through the "Fairy Tail" tag and I found a Tumblr roleplayer. My interest was piqued and I decided to give it a try.

I was a budding writer who was intrigued by the "Roleplay" section on the LEGO.com forums, and I found one that looked REALLY intriguing to me, and joined up.

I had been rping on and off on a Dynasty Warriors related rp but what really caught my eye was a fandom crossover rp with a who done it feature and I've been hooked ever since.

I started rping when I was 10 on a game called animaljam, I remember being pretty annoyed by all the Mary sues and how no one roleplayed with an OC but as themselves as a wolf or some other animal. So I began roleplaying on a game called Wolfquest, and then I tried my hand at forums, but I forgot the name of the forum I used to rp on. Just yesterday I decided to try forum roleplaying again, as I like a semi-literate style and not just quick post replies, and here I am!

It was the IGN Forums. The Kingdom Hearts board started up a roleplay thread. It was the beginning of the end.

I also used to RP in my early days on a platform called "Byond" but that's less humorous to talk about.

I first found Role Playing on this website called Teennick. At first, I was obsessed because I loved that I could write this story with a bunch of other people. I think I enjoyed the different personalities and perspectives others brought into the story which I didn't really get to see when I would write short stories of my own.

I discovered roleplaying by a friend telling me about it and inviting me to join his roleplay group and the rest is history

Back