How did you discover roleplaying?

What led you to start roleplaying? What interested you about it or who introduced it to you? Share your experiences here. :)
I guess for me I always loved playing make believe when I was little and as I got older I just never gave it up and it got more sophisticated lol.

I first heard about roleplaying chats and forums through a fanfiction app. I tried it there and loved it so much I started looking for more places to roleplay since there weren't many active Rp members and I really love to write and fall into character. It's just so much fun to create your own character and let them become 'alive' trough RP. It's also amazing to see so many people with the same interest here :)

I have been a roleplayer for as long as I've had creativity etched into my soul, which was around the age of 5 or 6. It was around that time when I started making short stories of many varieties. However, the one thing that kept me from really going in deep when it came to stories was the fact that I was the master of these worlds, but there was no one to share the joy in creating these worlds with. Thus after a few long years of getting over my fears of social interaction I started my first few big rp gigs on Valucre. Decent world if I do say so myself. Time takes a toll on oneself though, so I had to take a break from rp. After a while, my craving for a good story led me here. So far I have yet to do any actual rping. I did just join today after all. I do look forward to creating stories with all of you though.

Honestly ? Roblox... It was 5 years ago when me and my friend suffered from boredom, so, we just created pointless accounts for Roblox and started just started playing whatever we have found on the games site. We just joined a random server that was a roleplaying server and all so i got myself interested in that from there, boy my roleplaying was so cringeworthy back then.

Years ago, I was obsessed with the Warrior Cats series. I would go their website to play some of the games (even if they were horrible), and eventually, I saw the link to the forums. Now, I thought that it would lead me to some kind of cool MMORPG, but instead it was just the forums with roleplaying which little, like, ten or eleven year old me did not understand at all.
So I made an account and started trying it out and I was incredibly horrible for a good couple years, but everyone there was understanding and helped me out. XD I dipped out of roleplaying when I was about seventeen, but now I'm wanting to get back into it, but their fanmade site is a little slow and doesn't have a lot of roleplay topics that I enjoy, so I found my way here.

A few years back I was having the urge to write and wondered if there were any writing sites I can participate in. I googled and searched around and saw there were roleplaying sites where you can write with other people. So I joined a few sites and from there I started role playing :)

In 2008, I registered onto this site called Quizilla which practically introduced 13 year old me (at the time) to that side of the internet. I discovered roleplaying via that site and continued to use it until it was shut down in 2014. That definitely impacted my roleplaying self :(

giphy.gif
Seems that lots of people have Passion for writing.

Youtube. I don't know how, but a video from Puffin Forest somehow got onto my homepage, and I watched all his videos over two days. Then I found a channel called Bite Sized party, which had a two part video called The Ballad of Edgardo. Its pretty epic, check it out here.

After spending two hours listening to Cloak and Dagger, I decided that I wanted in and joined this site.

This is something I think about a lot, since it's been a long time.
Buuuut... I think it was on some silly pet adoption website, and I saw people doing it, and thought it looked fun, so I got in on it.

I always loved making up stories since I was a child. Recently I was talking with a friend about this and she suggested RP. So I went looking on the internet and found this site.

Pretty much through tabletop games, playing games like D&D and Pathfinder and now day playing games like Star Wars FFG and the Masks: A New Generation superhero game. It's always been nice to play colorful characters who would go on grand adventures or take part in the life-altering events of a world.

Anyone remember Gosupermodel? That's where I found out about roleplaying when I was maybe 11. I got really into it back then but haven't been very active since, which is a shame. (Tho here I am so well see how this turns out.)

Ive always had an imagination that runs wild on a very regular basis. All sorts of crazy, unique, and sometimes plain stupid ideas come to mind. I also love the idea of a plot coming together from the efforts of cooperation.

Minecraft.

Yeaaah. Minecraft. Early Pre-Alpha days, Infdev and Indev. Came across a roleplay server, didn't know what it was, caught on quickly and it spiraled from there.

• My first experience with Roleplaying was on ChickenSmoothie. I got into warriors without really knowing what it was, and here we are.

I discovered role-playing through a kids website I used to be a part of when I was about 11 or 12. I came across the role-playing section in the forums they had there and I got interested in it since I liked the thought of basically writing a story with another person. I was horrible when I first started, only replying with one liners and very vague details. I just cringe remembering those RPs lol. I do have fond memories of those times because I had my favorite role-play experience during those years. Makes me sad thinking about it, haha. :p

On FanFiction.net. I was a member of a chat forum and through the people there, I discovered roleplaying. I'm currently an Admin, moderator and member of various forums on said site. Not here yet though. I certainly hope that will soon change though.

When I kept seeing (Comic Book characters) all over face book. I wanted to know what that was all about and then I did. lol

Could say i introduced myself into the world of role playing as i began my role playing career way back in Runescape and moved on from game to game in search of better role plays until i stumbled upon second life and fanfiction. from there on i really had the ability to let loose. Role playing really is a way for me to escape the real world and be whom ever i want to be.

Back