How did you discover roleplaying?

I actually found roleplaying on a little chat box from chatango, when I was searching up Anime to watch (Naruto) I started off with speed writing and later found out I didn’t like that kind because I loved detailed then found out about semi-par and par styles. Sooo I got into it real quick.. rp helped me out a lot, not saying I had trouble growing up but it put me into my own little world were I was the character lol. But now it definitely helps me out though I’m trying to get back into it, it was my little therapy to sooth my thinking and put me into another life when I returned from overseas twice.

I was in high school and some friends had joined a Hogwarts RP site. (Harry Potter was still current at the time, the series hadn't completed yet). So I joined as well and started meeting people and learning how to RP. My friends really only joined once and never actually RP'd, but I really enjoyed the story writing. I really got into the Action/Battle section of that site where we could play non-human races such as vampires that would be realistically in the wizarding world and learn how to enhance different abilities and whatnot.

It was a fun experience and I did learn a lot about RPing. Eventually I moved on to a more Fantasy/Sci-Fi site and grew more and helped others learn how to RP. I've always really enjoyed the RP communities I've had the opportunity to be a part of :)

The first time I was introduced to RP I was an avid young fanfiction writer in Wattpad. A friend of mine there roleplayed a Winx Club story, and while at first I was quite confused about the mechanics, soon I started to become more good at it as time passes. Soon I started joining all other RP sites, until finally I just can't stop anymore XD

Anime. Lots of obsession for it. Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin in particular. I read most of the fanfiction for them and wanted MORE. So I explored the chatrooms and found the little world of role playing. Well, the ones I met sucked but for me, it was like a gateway opening a crack until I saw a world of possibilities! :O

Back when I was around 8 or so playing cops and robbers with my friends. After a little while I figured the brain is a powerful creative machine and I could create little worlds on paper/online. I started creating my own universes and figured I would try RPing them with others either in person or online.

I would say the game that helped me the most with Roleplaying was Elder Scrolls, Oblivion and Skyrim.

It’s amazing what you can create but astonishing what two+ people can do together.

One of my very close friends started RPing with me when I was 11 or twelve, and we started going onto forums together just this year. I got into RPing because I've always loved writing and creating stories, especially with other people. RP is quickly becoming one of my favorite creative outlets, and I'm pretty sure it always will!

I got into roleplaying through video games. Just playing them and getting immersed in the story world, I always wanted to know what it would be like to be someone in that position and so I would just create characters and situations in which a character might be involved in the situations I saw. It also helped that certain careers were what I wanted to be were constantly in my head, so I just rp'ed that way. As I got older, I just started to create more and more complex stuff, making small worlds, etc.

I suppose it started with fanfiction in early middle school. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts were especially easy to insert a character into, so a friend of mine and I would simply email (lol I'm old, leave meh alone!) back and forth bits of the story at a time, slowly learning how to create good characters with depth and growth. After that, I did a simple web search to see where else I could go with it and was delighted to find an entire world waiting for me. It's been a continually enjoyable and educational experience.

ive only been roleplaying for 4 years, after messing around in an online game with friends and whatnot. of course, i started out with 'casual' roleplay, mainly because it was simple to do and i didnt actually have to put that much effort into my replies. time skip to a few months later, i saw people roleplaying on the forums for said game, and thought, "hey, thats pretty neat, its like theyre writing a story!" so, from then on, i slowly minimized casual roleplaying until i moved onto more paragraph-styled roleplay, and found that it was actually more fun than casual- ive since been trying to get better and better, and also still working on writing multiple paragraphs for obvious reasons. ive been thinking of actually writing my own fictional books, but im not exactly ready to tackle that goal ;w; writing over 100 pages might just kill me-

What led you to start roleplaying? What interested you about it or who introduced it to you? Share your experiences here. :)

My parents bought the Basic set of Dungeons & Dragons . They p;aye dit for maybe a session or twp. I I kept playing and depending on your perspective , it was all uphill or downhill from there.

It must have been whenever I'd been around the age of fifteen. I already wrote solo stories and that made me want to share ideas and create new worlds with other players. Ahh, the joy of writing! It tends to make up for my faults and is one of the few talents that I posses.

I definitely feel like Rping?writing gave and gies me an escape. Although for whatever reason I am struggling to write actual stories now, which is one reason I have resumed RPing, that often gets me out of writer's blocks and insires new ideas.

Yes, I feel the same way. Writer's block certainly can be frustrating...Well, I do hope to contact you again soon but as for now, my brain is turning into mush and is notifying its owner to sleep...Plus it will take me a couple days to get used to this site. Farewell for now kind acquaintance! ^~^

I have been enjoying playing D&D for about a year now with a close circle of friends and I have enjoyed writing things for as long as I can remember.
So when a friend of mine told me she RP'ed it piqued my interest.
One thing lead to another and now I'm here.

I can't remember how I started writing. I just know that it started between me and my best friend on paper. We literally would write all the time until we switched to Google Docs and became adults lol. Then the adult life started taking over and we couldn't write as much.

Foopets! I was immediately swept in, wow I was so garbage, but now I've been doing it for about ten years so I'm a ~little~ less garbage

I hate to say it, but I found out about role playing on roblox. I was really bad, but it was fun to be someone else. I eventually moves onto FYSRP for 4 years -ish until it shut down.

When I was younger I had played roleplay games on roblox, but never really looked further into it. However, recently my boyfriend had introduced me to this site. Until now, I had never known about websites dedicated to roleplaying.

Back