How many characters do you roleplay with?

Depends on the Thread I'm in, if it requires more Muses, I'll make more. Canon or AU or Original, I can make Muses with character arcs or even NPCS.

I role play with as many as I can think of. For each roleplay I create a new family member to add to my collection. and sometimes I get bored and make OC's based off of emotions or themes

I have too many that I've created. Well I used to anyways it was over 60+ back then but now I try to keep it at 5-10 total maybe 20~ish depending. As for how many I do in a RP uhhh.. depends on the plot and such.

Infinity, in all honesty. Whatever the story demands. I honestly could not provide an accurate account of all "PCs", "Characters", "NPCs", etc. I have never been into EU or Fandom, so all of my characters are "OCs".

In a character-driven RP, I'll prefer to have 1-3 (depending on what the GM needs) with a preference for 1 in order to maximize the amount of detail and nuance to the characterization and history. This is something I can do for every and any character, but an RP is a game, and there's only so much time in a day.

Other RP types have different numbers (such as RPing a nation for example, in which case I will usually make 5-10 hyper detailed characters in key roles, and make medium fleshed NPCs as the plot demands (this is much easier than it sounds with some world-building and lore to base it on, even if loosely).

For non-RP writing, the number of characters varies upon the story type with the goal of having a believable number for the plot's world (or slice of a world, or slice of a day or a minute, etc). Typically no more than 15 however.

If I ever do get that one story that wants to be told, then I'll probably need around 25-30 "full characters" I'd imagine. Not counting what one would doubtless see as "the protagonist" and background/npc characters. It's a very fleshed out world that I've spent more world building than writing in, so it's actually a case of limiting myself so I do not end up bloating the dramatis personae.

I personally roleplay as pretty much any character in any fandom I'm in or any of my OCS. Canon characters: roughly around 30? Original Characters: around 100-150, 35% of them having reference pictures.

Back