Humanity Hates Us (Private with Enki, Widowmaker, and Rachel Rider)

Darshan stared at the inky mess left by the... Whatever that was. That must be something she made with her mutant ability. He was glad it didn't come to a battle, since he wasn't to good at fighting.
"So, what's your ability? I assume it has something to do with that thing." He said, motioning to where the soldier creature once stood.

Liz eyed him suspiciously, then nodded. "I don't know how to explain it... but it's like..." She bit her lip, trying to think. She then got a look on her face and placed her hand on the ground. When he lifted her hand, there was a blank imprint of her palm. "That. I do that."

"Interesting..." Colossus exclaimed, watching the girl give a demonstration of her power. "It's certainly a... unique power to have. And a interesting one to see. Perhaps it does more than it lets on or maybe it links to another power you may not know about. The only way to find out is through training, and we can help you. You just need to trust us. There are more of you with us that are exactly in your position; trying to figure out their powers and how to use them."

Leon, bored with the fact that there wasn't any action, was tossing a rock into the air and catching it. As it left his hand, it dissipated into the air, then re materialized right before falling back into his hand. He repeated this action as a bit of a nervous habit.

Liz watched the younger of the three boys, taking note of the power he seems to have. She looked at the older one--the guy her age. "What about you? What do you do?"

Darshan looked at her and thought. He had a hard power to demonstrate.
"Um... make something and hide it where I can't see." He said awkwardly, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. "I think that'll demonstrate it the best."

Leon snorted, nodding. "Very clever, but hey--it works."

Liz looked confused, but nodded. She picked up a wooden board, used her finger to draw a small picture on it--a heart--and the hid the bored from his sight. "Does that work?"

"We don't have much time to talk. You will need to come with us. That squad outside will most likely of noticed a missing member by now." Colossus exclaimed as he headed towards a back door. "Come on, we need to move."

Blinking for a while, he saw the boards with the heart on it. "Heart, and yeah, you're right we should-" That wasn't right, The patrols were all moving to that other location. He checked over there, and couldn't believe what he saw. The entire area looked... fuzzy like he couldn't see it clearly. The girl who was the target was nowhere to be seen. "We have to go. Now. The other target is in trouble."

Mirage had been sitting in her room doing homework when they came. Yelling. Then Gunshots. Her Aunt, screaming. She remembers rushing, to see her on the floor, shot. Something about sympathizers. She cried, and the other people tried to get her. But then, the house was gone. A swirling dark tornado of hate and rage. She wanted to hurt them, so so much. And that was all she saw. They were in pain, screaming and yelling in terror, with her in the center. Her conscious knew this was wrong. That it wasn't even real, and that this was all sick and cruel. But subconsciously, she believed it, loved it and hated it at the same time. She was lost trying to find herself.

Liz seemed very surprised that he knew what she'd done, but shook herself out of it. "Someone else? But--" She watched the people in front of her, whom she knew close to nothing about.

Leon left in a rush to their second location. He hoped 'in trouble' meant he'd get a chance to beat some baddies, actually get involved. He found himself holding a sharp dagger, his favorite weapon. When it came to fighting a crowd, Leon decided his best tactic would be to throw a hoard of knives at the enemy.

"A large crowd. Okay then. Stick to cover and pick your targets carefully everyone!" He yelled as he activated his armoured form, allowing him to absorb a large amount of damage. Using this, he charged at the large groups of soldiers and began battering them around, knocking them out group by group while keeping all the attention focused solely on him.

(Ah, my apologies.)

"Alright. If we're going to face this group, we need a plan. I can act as mobile cover in case they are armed with any ranged weaponry or abilities. It'd be best to avoid as much bloodshed as possible, but if we do bump into them, try not to kill them. Just knock them out if possible."

"I don't think they'll be the main issue. It's the other girl, somehow I can't see the area she's in." Darshan shook his head, trying to make sense of it all. "We'll have to get her to calm down or something, she's untrained and there's a lot of people headed her way." He looked in the direction of where the KoC squad was heading. He hoped they would make it there in time.

Leon raised an eyebrow. "You sure you just don't need a nap or something?" A smirk.

Liz looked at the ground at her feet. "I don't know if I'll be of much help..." She was terrible at fighting, she'd always created a small army to fight for her while she was on the side, nervously drawing.

Colossus walked over to Liz and gently planted a hand onto her shoulder. "Everyone provides a benefit to the team in some way. Be it on the front, covering someone or providing healing, or even something simple. Everyone can contribute in some form or another." He then looked over to Darshan and listened in. "Alright then. We'll need to be quick and efficient. Let's get moving."

Darshan glared at Leon. "This is serious. We need to get moving." He said, a bit angry. He stated walking towards the edge of the balcony, the next building lower than them. They could easily jump down with some rope. "Leon! We'll need some rope over here." He said pointing to the edge of the waist high wall.

Leon sighed, walked over to Darshan and flicked his wrist, a rope twining and creating itself going down the side of the building. "There. Is that all you need? Or should I make some smoothies first?" He said through gritted teeth.

Liz smiled at Colossus, "Yeah... Maybe if we had some paper..!"

"I can't tell if you're being serious or making light of the situation..." Colossus exclaimed as he turned around to the other two. "Good work you two. Let's get going." He was then the first one to climb down the rope.

Leon shook his head and followed after Colossus. Liz waiting a moment, staring down at the rope. "I... have no idea how to do that."

Back