GreenPhoenix3

Um, Shrug....
Benefactor
“What news do you have for me Wormwood?” Abaddon’s face was focused out onto the lakes of fire and the entrapped souls inside of them. The vapors of the souls twisted and writhed in pain as the flames danced in their confines. The sharp shining spires of black obsidian encaged the fiery lakes and reflected the flames’ glare. It was beautiful.

The screams and wails of the souls had become quite loud recently. It sounded quite torturous. Abaddon squeezed his four hands that were behind his back and the screams became strangled silence and the wails became choked cries. Abaddon smirked as Wormwood flinched, the halfling’s demon wings flickering. It seemed that would do for now.

Abaddon released his hands and the screams and wails returned. Abaddon turned to Wormwood. “Well?”

“U-u-um, sire, sire you must understand t-t-that the demon,” Abaddon brought out one of his hands and flicked a small flame at one of Wormwood’s wings. “AH!” Wormwood jumped and fluttered the wing quickly. The fire stayed but did not expand. The halfling whimpered. Abaddon sighed.

“You know how much I hate that word, Wormwood. I believed your uncle has told you not to use such filthy language in my presence.” Abaddon snapped his fingers on that same hand before putting it behind his back with the others. The fire on Wormwood's wing disappeared.

“Oh, uh, yes, I, I apologize sire.” Wormwood bowed, but his singed wing stayed unfurled as his other one did not. “A-a-as I was saying, the wandering djinn have spent much, much, time on th-the human plane and,”

“I did not ask to understand,” Abaddon stated as he floated closer to Wormwood. The weak halfling stumbled backward and the flame between his horns trembled. “I asked for news, Wormwood.” Abaddon leaned close to Wormwood’s face, letting one of the edges of his flames lick Wormwood’s feet. The fire between Wormwood’s horns became the size of a candle’s flame. Pathetic. Wormwood nodded his head frantically.

“O-o-of course, sire.” Wormwood gulped and bent his horns down, his fire visible and so easy to snuff out or consume. Abaddon resisted the urge to do either by leaning away from the halfling. “The d-d,” Abaddon let one of his flames lick the edge of Wormwood’s other wing as Abaddon circled him. “The wandering djinn!” Wormwood yelped and stood up. “You asked for, Dezire, is still above and has evaded capture by the wandering djinn, Omri.” Abaddon’s hands tightened and screams and wails silenced once again. Wormwood gulped but continued his report. “She also envenomed him. He was dead before he could come back to the abyss.”

“Of course he was.” Abaddon snarled and his flames grew. “The fool was always too blinded by opportunity to be cunning.” Abaddon let out a sigh as his flames dimmed and he released his hands. The screams came back and Wormwood let out a sigh. “Has any other djinn or wandering djinn offered to claim my price?” Wormwood gulped and looked forward stiffly.

“Um, well, sire,” Wormwood chuckled. Abaddon swirled to be in Wormwood’s view. The halfling jumped at the sight of Abaddon’s burning chest.

“It is a yes or no question Wormwood.” Abaddon leaned in. “Did a djinn answer my call?”

“N-n-n-no.” Silence was quick to fill the space around them. Wormwood gulped. “B-b-but you must understand s-s-sire, Omri is the fourth wandering djinn she, she, has killed since you have posted your price for her c-c-capture. And the more powerful d-d-djinn who are eager to do as you command and accept your, your um, merger have not been summoned. And as the rules state,”

“I KNOW OF THE RULES!” Abaddon roared and the space around Wormwood was surrounded in Abaddon’s orange flames. Wormwood jumped and furled his wings inward. His candle spark between his horns flickered as he trembled.

“F-f-f-forgive me, sire!” Wormwood bowed lowly. Abaddon sighed and let his flames draw away from the halfling.

“Come with me, Wormwood.” Wormwood opened his mouth to answer, but in a snap, he was teleported with Abaddon.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jay paced in his pit. Master had thrown him down here, for, for something. Jay could not remember. He did not care. He needed to get out and fight. Fight what? The screams and wails that echoed within his head endlessly. The formless fire that surrounded him. What? Jay paused his pacing and looked around at the clawed black stone walls. Not the sharp black stone, it did not budge or move. Jay growled and lunged at the wall beside him and clawed it furiously. For what else could he fight?

The air grew heavy and the sharp scent of char filled the air. Master was coming. There would be something else to fight. Jay stopped his clawing and faced the direction of the growing scent. He lunged at the forms that appeared in the pit. One of Master’s hands grabbed his throat tightly as the trembling form next to Master yelped. Jay growled, snapped, and clawed at the arm holding him in the air. It only tightened its grip on him.

“You see Wormwood, I need a djinn, wandering or purebred, to answer my call.” Master’s face turned towards Jay. “Or I will be forced to use this beast.” Master threw Jay against the wall. Jay grunted as he hit the wall he was previously clawing. It cracked beneath him. “Now, I do not want to do such a thing, for apparently my little mishap in the human world some time ago caused a bit of a mess.” Master puffed out his chest and shook his head. “A car accident of some sort that amounted to a few deaths of those fragile clay beings. As if they would not do it to themselves.” Master waved two of his hands flippantly. Jay stood up shakily and shook his head.

Now Jay remembered why he was in the pit. Master was mad that some demon and a human rejected him. Master yelled about not being able to go above with the demon’s power or the stupid human who refused to wish. The yelling and roaring were getting too loud for Jay, so Jay bit him. Master threw him into the pit because if Master did not go above, no one would. Anger, smoky and heavy still clung to Master. Master would be a losing fight. But the trembling figure had the annoying tangy scent of fear. Jay lunged after the trembling figure. Master slapped Jay away with an arm.

“And as you can see, this hound will make a mess of things,” Master stated slowly. Jay stood up again and shook his head.

“B-b-but your hound is the best, sire.” The trembling figure’s voice was annoying but a straight forward lunge did not work. So, Jay began running around them. He saw the trembling figure follow his movements. Jay watched it as he ran. It had wings and horns. It could fly away from him or use its horns to ram him against the wall. “Surely it would be quicker to retrieve Dezire than any djinn,” It stayed away from Master’s fire though. Despite the small spark of flame between its horns, it evaded and cowered when it got too close to Master’s fire. Fire that Jay could go through. “Wandering or otherwise.”

“My hound is strong,” The trembling figured looked to Master as Master talked. It was open. Jay went behind Master. “Stronger and fiercer than even Cerberus, winning me half of Hades’ soul lakes.” Jay jumped through Master’s fiery bottom, ignoring the familiar burning that bit at him from the fire, and pounced onto the trembling figure.

“AH!” The trembling figure screamed and began clawing at Jay. Jay growled and pressed his paws into the figure’s chest. “Sire!” It gasped. Jay growled and opened his mouth to go for its throat. But then he was hoisted in the air by his back legs. Jay squirmed and try to kick himself free or bite what was restraining him. He was turned to see Master’s burning face.

“But he is by no means obedient.” CRACK! Jay yelped as pain shot from his back legs still in Master’s hands. Master dropped him. Jay hit the ground with a thud. “And that makes him dangerous to send above.”

“I, I, see.” The trembling figure stood up his eyes flickering between Jay and Master. “I believe Talmai, the giant wandering djinn was interested in your price on Dezire.”

“Good,” Master nodded. “See to it then.” The trembling figure nodded frantically.

“Of course, sire!” The trembling figure unfurled its wings. One was singed. Jay still had a chance to attack it once more. He shakily stood up on his front paws and let out a growl. He clawed his way to the trembling figure. Its eyes widened and the stench of fear that grew from it aggravated Jay even more. He dragged himself faster.

“I suggest you leave, Wormwood.” At Master’s command, the trembling figure beat its wings and left the pit. Jay growled and snapped at the figure as it left. Then he was lifted into the air by his neck once more. Jay snapped at Master.

“I see that you still have some fight left in you, hound,” Jay growled as Master spoke. “Good,” Master’s chuckle made Jay stop squirming. He did not like Master’s chuckle. It made his spine prick and his ears flattened against the sound. “For it seems that soon, you will have to hunt for what I desire.”

Last edited:
"Damn that Abaddon! I'll bite his head off!"

Dezire snarled as she looked down at her bleeding wound. A diagonal slash across her hip. Ugh. That'll take a couple of days to heal, give or take a rat and if she rested long enough.

"That Omri.... He just had to use that stupid dagger trick on me. He's lucky that me biting him was the only thing I did to him!" the demon hissed as she walked through the damp alleyways of the human city. Despite the pain shooting up her leg, she walked as if she wasn't injured. But the slight limp was visible if one looked hard enough. Her clothes weren't torn, but they were now soaked in blood, and that was just as bad. Blood attracted creatures that she didn't feel like dealing with.

But Dezire knew that she had more pressing matters to think about than bloody attire. Omri was the fourth demon to come after her recently.... Well, the fourth demon to have given her a good time. As hassling a chase was at certain times, it never failed to get her blood pumping and her instincts flowing. Considering how ignored she was before this whole ordeal went down, the increase of demonic presence only meant one thing - Abaddon was growing restless. After witnessing him commit a horrible misdeed, and insulting him with every insult she could think of, the smartest thing she could do was to retreat to the humans' realm, away from Hell. And while she figured she was safe on a different plane than him, she foolishly forgot that she couldn't escape others that were exactly like her. Demons that could travel like she could.

A low hiss exited her mouth as she sniffed the air. Nothing out of the ordinary so far. Dezire was powerful, but at this moment, she was on the run, hiding like a weakling human would when they were in trouble. But even so, though she had to hide, she at least had the sense to know that she couldn't fight everyone head on forever. And with the various kinds of wanderers like her, there would be bound to be one that would give her a real challenge.

And if so, she'd rather be at her strongest for that moment. The tactical move would be to hide for now.

"Have to gather some food. Rather not do it in a area with a crowd..."

Dezire sighed as she turned to a slightly opened area behind an alleyway. A gate that said "NO TRESPASSING" on a sign was before the demon. She gave a smirk and a shake of her head before she leaped over it in a single bound. The landing was a bit shaky, but still relatively stable. Walking up to an abandoned building, the young demon approached the structure and passed the broken down vehicles and various machines that the humans used, and walked to the large doors that led inside. A sniff revealed that there were various scents scattered around the area. Most likely when she was out and about. The scents smelled male.... They didn't stay too long. Most importantly, they didn't smell like demons, so she was safe in that regard - but who was wandering near here? With one final look of the outside world, Dezire quickly slid between the doors and went inside the building.

But just when she as going to relax, she caught a strange scent. The female demon sniffed the air and caught another scent - female. A low hiss caught in Dezire's throat, hands flexing as she mentally prepared herself for a fight again. How would she approach this? Her senses tingled with anticipation as she tried to pinpoint the direct position of her quarry, but it was too - no, wait. It was in front of her.... Hiding... Somewhere.

"I know you are here, stranger. Come out or I'll hunt you down.... And there ain't many places to hide in here," Dezire said in a slow tone of voice.

Silence. Mostly silence. Dezire closed her eyes and stood still, listening out for the intruder. Rather too soon, rapid footsteps began to move along her side, and with a growl, Dezire turned to see a small figure running towards the doors. Not on her watch. The demon launched and ran towards the doors to intercept, and blocked the intruder from leaving.

"And just where do you think you're going, hmm?" Dezire snarled, thinking it was a threat. But she was wrong.

"Ahhh! Let me go! I didn't do anything wrong! Let... Me... GO!" a female voice demanded.

Dezire let the lump of flesh out of her grasp, and with better inspection, the demon saw her intruder to be.... A young.... human...

"What the hell?"

Abaddon let a flame dance between his fingers, twirling and twisting it between them. Two of his other hands were behind his back. The other hand was holding the collar of the hound. The hound was still squirming and bucking its head in the air. Did he not break this hound’s back legs? Abaddon shook the hound. It whimpered as its back legs lit brightly, the fire within them still smoldering the appendages together. Then it began to gnaw at its legs.

“Stop that.” Abaddon flicked the flame at the hound’s head. It stopped gnawing at its legs and growled at him. “I will not let you chew off your own legs.” He dropped the hound. It yelped and shakily stood up. Then it stopped moving, its ears flickering back and forth. It faced the darkness to the left, growling. Abaddon straightened and put his hands behind his back. “I cannot have you attacking our guests and make me a bad host.” Abaddon snapped his fingers and the hound was consumed in flames. Its howls mixed in the with the symphony of screams and wails.

“I see that the hound has misbehaved again, Prince Abaddon.” Tamil came striding into Abaddon’s space. His wide obese berth and tall height consuming the space. Abaddon was glad that his clay face was not exposed. For it would look rude on him to show disgust at the lesser djinn’s splotchy green skin and yellowed tusks. Instead, Abaddon watched Wormwood glide down. “I’m surprised that thing is still alive. For how many times it has disobeyed you and suffered your great punishments. It’s either a strong beast or a stupid one!” Tamil’s roaring laughter shook his belly and it rumbled Abaddon’s space. Wormwood shook like the obsidian around them. Abaddon’s flames grew, before dimming in a blink.

“Both,” Abaddon stated, killing Tamil’s laughter. “I believe Wormwood has filled you in on the details of my hunt.” Tamil nodded, his six horns rattling.

“Yes, but,” Abaddon squeezed his hands and the hound’s fire grew and the screech of its claws scraping the black obsidian joined the discorded symphony. Wormwood flinched back and Tamil cleared his throat. “You see, sire.” Tamil finally bowed his head. “I have heard of the danger your demo-”

In a blink, Abaddon was Tamil’s height, with a burning hand squeezing Tamil’s throat. The silence of strangled screams filled the air.

“Don’t,” Abaddon squeezed Tamil’s throat. Tamil’s thick hands reached to pull his arm off. Fire sparked on the skin of Abaddon’s arms, burning Tamil’s hands. “Say that filthy human word in my presence.”

“Y—y-yes, sire,” Tamil gasped as he nodded frantically. Abaddon let him go.

“Thank you,” Abaddon shrunk down to his size from before. The screams and wails resumed. The hound stayed silent. “I apologize for such harsh enforcement, but I cannot tolerate such vulgar language. It is unbefitting for powerful beings such as ourselves.” Abaddon circled Tamil, who knelt down and bowed his head.

“Of, course, sire.” Tamil choked out. Abaddon stopped and turned his head at the new crackling black scorch marks on Tamil’s throat and hands. That color was better than the murky green skin.

“As I was saying,” Abaddon straightened and continued circling Tamil. “Wormwood should have filled you in on my hunt, but I shall repeat it to be clear.”

“I want the wandering djinn, Dezire, captured, and brought back to me alive. If you succeed in this, I shall bestow you one-third of my soul lakes. Is this understood?”
Abaddon faced Tamil. Tamil kept his head down.

“And my safe return?”

“What?” Abaddon sneered and the hound’s fire began to lower. Tamil glanced at the fire and the screaming soul lakes, before looking to Abaddon.

“What if I cannot capture her, or she tries to envenom me?”

“Are you saying that you are unfit for the hunt?” Abaddon leaned into Tamil’s face. Tamil leaned back a bit but did not flinch.

“She has killed four wandering djinns in the last four months and injured countless others. She is dangerous. I cannot guarantee a catch based on the first fight. Allow me three fights with her, and ensure my safe return from each, and I will accept your hunt.” Tamil finalized his terms with a nod of his head, rattling his horns. Abaddon rubbed his chin with one of his hands. He snapped his fingers with the other. The fire disappeared around the hound, and there was a thud as it hit the ground.

“Stand,” Abaddon commanded. He heard the hound come to a stand, his smoking bones rattling. The way that Tamil’s eyes widened satisfied Abaddon. “You, Tamil the wandering ogre djinn, will accept my hunt if I ensure that Dezire does not kill you and you are able to come back to the abyss,” Abaddon stated as he held out his hand to Tamil, growing it to fit Tamil’s.

“Yes,” Tamil smirked and nodded, before enclosing his hand around Abaddon’s. Abaddon’s chest glowed a bright red, before trailing down his arm and to his hand to burn a ring around Tamil’s wrist. “ARGH!” Tamil’s hand squeezed Abaddon’s tighter as his wrist blackened. It was beautiful,

“To ensure our bond,” Abaddon stated as he let go of Tamil’s hand. Tamil’s eyes narrowed as he rubbed his wrist.

“Of course, sire.” He said slowly. Abaddon turned away from him and faced the hound.

“Come.” The hound padded forward to him; head bowed. Abaddon grabbed its collar. It snapped at him. Abaddon snapped his fingers and his hand holding the collar burned. The hound bowed its head once again. Abaddon looked to Tamil. “My hound will follow you to ensure your safe return.”

“Your hound? I do not want,”

“You said you wanted me to ensure that you come back.” Abaddon grew in size. Tamil’s horns rattled. “Wormwood is my messenger and is too busy to be watching you. My hound though, He is quick to bring things that I want to me. And I want you and Dezire to be brought back to me. So, he will bring you to me.” Abaddon leaned towards Tamil. “Understood?”

“But I can’t control it! No one can!” Abaddon brought his hand up. Tamil flinched. “Except you sire!” Abaddon was still for a moment, before drifting back.

“I suppose you are right. Let us test my hound to see if it needs more training.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hound.” Jay lifted his head towards Master. “Come.” He did not want to, but he did not want to burn. Jay went forward. Master nodded his head. “Good.” Then Master pointed to the fat rancid thing. “Go and sit.” Jay looked at it then back at Master and snarled. “Go!” Master’s markings glowed, burned.

Jay bowed his head and walked forward. He plopped down on his sore hind legs in front of the fat thing. Its thick horns were not for impaling, but making room, squishing the space around it. It could squish Jay. But its nose was fat too, and probably boneless.

“Touch him,” Master ordered. Jay tensed and his ears stood straight.

“What?” The fat thing’s voice rolled over its vocal cords and thick neck. Jay knew his jaw would have to dig through the fat to get to the larynx. The nose would be the best option to destabilize it, then the fat ankles.

“Touch him. He will stay still.” Jay felt Master’s command burn in his bones and he growled. His shoulders hunched. The fat thing nodded his head slowly. It’s fat thick hand, that could squish him, stretched out towards him. Jay stayed still because if he didn’t, he would burn. He would burn, so he had to let that fat thick, rancid hand touch him. If he went for this thing’s nose, he would burn. If that hand got any closer, it would squish him.

Jay dodged and lunged for its nose.

“ARRRRRGH!” Jay’s jaw dug into the thick rancid cartilage and fat of the thing’s nose. It swung its head around and tried to swat at him with its thick hands. Jay turned and swung his body away from the hands. He ensured his hold though, by turning his head and clamping his jaw harder. “GET IT OFF!!” It yelled and Jay growled lowly as he dug his claws into the fat on the thing’s face. The thing stopped roaring in pain. Finally, a hand came toward him directly. Jay let go of the thing’s nose and jumped down as it hit its own bloody face. Jay growled in satisfaction.

SNAP!

Jay howled as fire consumed him, burning into his bones, making them crack and seal together, only to crack again. The sharp scent of char suffocated him, silencing his howls. He tried to claw his way out of the fire. But the pain was heavy and all he could hear was,

CRACK, CRACK, CRACK!

“I apologize, Tamil. It seems I must train him some more.” Master’s voice came through the fire, echoing and reverberating off of the flames. Jay looked around though, and the only thing surrounding him was fire, Fire, FIRE. “Wormwood, take him to a replenished area. My hound will be trained in three days’ time Tamil, I give you my word.” Master’s voice shook the fire. Jay flattened his ears and clawed at them. He hated how Master’s words burned, Burned, BURNED.

SNAP!

“Stop that.” Everything stopped. The burning stopped. Master’s fiery bottom appeared in Jay’s view. Jay removed his paws from his ears and looked up. “You did well against Tamil. But next time, obey me.” Master’s chest burned red. Jay flinched back. “I told that fool that Dezire would not kill him and that he just had to come back to the abyss. Whether it was dead or alive, I did not say.” Master chuckled. Jay’s spine shook and his ears flattened. He backed away from Master. Still Master focused on him.

“Listen, Hound. You will watch Tamil for three days. Then kill him and bring his body back to me.” Jay growled as the orders settled in his bones. They did not, something was wrong. He, he didn’t want to obey. He had to FIGHT. He shook his head fiercely as the orders drilled into his brain. Over and over and over.

WATCH TAMIL. THREE DAYS. KILL.

Jay shook his head, fighting the words in his skull.

“Well,”

SNAP!

Fire consumed Jay once more. “You will obey, or you will burn.” Master’s words, burned, Burned, BURNED. And then, there was only fire, Fire, FIRE.

Last edited:
"What the hell are you doing here? This is my territory, now get out!" Dezire snarled. The little intruder gasped and backed away from the door, whimpering and crying out a little. The demon's eyes glowed slightly with irritation - what was this little girl doing here? How did she get in?

"What...?! What's wrong with your eyes!?" the young child shouted in fear. Dezire snorted and shook her head. Her eyes shone in anger, unperturbed in her advances at the question.

"Do you really think that is your highest concern right now?" Dezire asked as she slowly stalked closer to the girl. "What you need to worry about right now is what will be wrong with you when I'm done with you," the demon said in a sinister tone. She could sense the fear rising within the intruder, and a part of her savored what she sensed.... But she also felt guilt try to bore its way inside her - but it failed. She didn't care. Why was a young child like her here anyway? Didn't children stay with their adults? That's how it worked in the human world right? And trespassers were also dealt with swiftly.... Well, maybe not as swift as what she might do with the girl, but swift enough.

The girl fell down, crying out as she landed on her bottom. Dezire sneered, hands still flexing as she prepared to grab her. "N-n-no! I don't... I just. I'm sorry for saying that! Please! I... I just need to hide here for a while...." the girl pleaded as she put her arms in front of her face. Dezire paused, taking in the words that came out of the girl's mouth. Hiding? From what? She glared at the girl with an upturned snarl until she saw the girl's eyes again. Fear and worry filled them. Dezire blinked, the glow within her eyes fading as she thought about what to do.

"Hide from what, girl? And you better tell me the truth," Dezire demanded. The girl stayed quiet for a moment, as if hesitating about whether to say anything or not. Unfortunately, the girl did not have that long to answer.

"Answer me! Or I'll kick you out myself," Dezire said with a small snarl. The girl flinched, but didn't answer her. Patience growing thin, the demon crouched down to the girl's eye level, ignoring the pain that tried to tell her to not use the leg muscles too much.

"You have one more time... Answer, or suffer the consequences," Dezire threatened. The girl looked up at the young demon with a sneer of her own and shook her head. "I don't have to answer you. I just need a place to sleep." the girl said with a scoff in her voice.

Dezire blinked incredulously. How spunky. And so disrespectful. She outta rip her throat out - she could puff her nerves and anger up high enough to do it... But that is something that she honestly didn't have the energy to do right at the moment. She still had a schedule to keep. And since the human girl wasn't cooperating...

The decision was easy. Kick the girl out. With that, Dezire grabbed the girl's arm and forced her to her feet. Essentially dragging the kicking and fighting girl out of the warehouse, Dezire opened the doors, tossed the girl out of the building, and closed the door behind them. The girl huffed at Dezire, but she bared her fangs at the girl, unwilling to take her bullshit already.

"Ow! You hurt my wrist!" The girl exclaimed.

"You want to keep going? I'll take you to the authorities. You better move off my territory, or you'll get a lot worse than a hurt wrist. You better be lucky that's all that's happened to it. Now step off!" Dezire snarled. The girl shifted away from the irritated woman, eyeing her posture with wariness and anger. With a huff, the girl moved off the abandoned property, and once she was out of Dezire's sight, the woman slowly eyed her environment for a moment longer. Her hands grasped the doors once more, and she slid in between them before retreating and closing the doors.

"Ignorant little twerp. Has no idea who she's talking to. And she better listen if she wants to live," Dezire said with a huff. The young demon passed hanging chains with hooks and rusted cars to a set of steps on the far left section of the warehouse, where it was a bit difficult to scale due to her leg wound. When she finally made it to the top, there was a wider platform where she was greeted by a dead rat, a large semi dirty mattress and a thick blanket. Her home away from home. And she was alone, just how she liked it. The relative quiet despite being in a large city was a blessing, and it helped her listen out for intruders.

And now, she kept an ear out while she looked down at her leg. Still bleeding, but a lot less than an hour ago. It was a start. Now, it was time to rest.

Last edited:
Boom!

Jay’s ears flattened against his skull as the sound of the fat thing’s clap rang out. He was sitting on the soft not stone of above. Jay liked the smell of the tall hard things around him. He hated that it was covered by the rancid smell of the fat thing next to him. Jay focused on the human-made den before them. The sharp spicy smell of the prey was inside the den.

But Jay was not going to let the fat thing know. He did not have to. The fat thing just wanted to draw the prey out, to see if the prey was in the area from the last fight it was in. Though, from what Jay remembered of the prey, the falling water, and obnoxious clapping would not intimidate it. Honestly, the fat thing was lucky that the tall hard things needed to conceal it was behind the prey’s temporary den. Jay wondered if it knew.

“Look at them run!” The fat thing laughed as it’s thick face peered through the trees. “Dezire would not resist going after such easy frail pickings. She is sure to show up.” Jay huffed as he glanced at the fat thing. It watched the tiny stone pathways, not the den the prey was in. Jay shook his head and growled lowly to himself.

“The humans are so easily frightened. Imagine the terror I would cause without the concealment storm! I wonder if it rained hard enough would they lose their form like real clay?” The fat thing smirked as it shook its horns.

Sssssssiiiiiiizzzzzzllllleeeeee.

Jay snarled as the thick hot air around him grew heavier as the falling water fell faster. The fat thing flinched. The fat thing turned to him.

“Don’t like rain dog?” It smirked. Jay bared his teeth. The fat thing went to cover its scarred nose. “Try anything and I’ll report you to your master!” The fat thing snarled, fists enclosing. There was a blinding flash from its fists. Jay turned his head away from the blinding light, then something sharp hit his chest.

Jay yelped as his bones rattled inside and out. His tail and ears perked up as his paws could not feel the soft not stone underneath them. It burned, but not BURNED. Once the rattling inside him ended and he could feel the soft not stone underneath him, Jay glared at the fat thing.

Its nose was still covered. Though, it was sitting. Jay could go for the sensitive thigh area or go around and claw its back. Jay’s bones began to BURN. Jay bowed his head. “That’s what I thought dog! Here, I’m your master!” The fat thing laughed as he clapped. Master’s orders burned in Jay’s bones.

OBEY. PROTECT. WATCH. THREE DAYS. KILL.

They faded as Jay lowered himself.

“LET, ME, GO!” Jay’s ears perked and he lifted his head. “HELP!” A kid. A kid was screaming. Jay stood up and went towards the sound.

“Where are you going, dog?” Jay turned his head and growled at the fat thing. It narrowed its small eyes. Small eyes that could probably not see well. Jay remembered to keep that in mind. Jay gestured to the human dwelling. “You think you can find Dezire and take it to your master?” The fat thing sneered. Jay shook his head. The fat thing enclosed his fist. Jay didn’t move as the blinding sharp thing hit him again. He growled lowly and bent his head. “You know what?” The fat thing clapped its thick hands near Jay’s ears.

BOOM!

Crack!

Jay lowered his head and clawed at his ears and the cracked skull around them.

“Try to find Dezire now!” It laughed. Jay growled lowly. It looked at him. “But don’t kill her or anyone, that’s an order!” It smirked. Jay shakily stood up with a bowed head and turned away from the fat thing.

Jay ran and ran until he slammed into dirty human-made stone. Jay shook his head and growled at the stone. He clawed and clawed, imagining it was the fat thing’s rancid face.

Jay slammed his head against the wall as the commands BURNED in his bones. Jay growled as the cracks in his skull Burned.

“Crap!” Jay froze. The kid’s voice. It was nearby.

“Nowhere to run little girl.” Threat. The other voice was a threat. “Now, you gonna give us back the money, or are we gonna have to take it from you?” It was on the other side of the human-made stone. “Or maybe you want to earn it?” The threat’s chuckle sent shivers down Jay’s spine and his ears flattened. He bared his teeth.

“You know, if you really wanted to keep the money, there’s these things called banks.” The kid’s voice was on the other side too. Jay silently went around the human-made stone den.

“She probably spent it all already. Little runaway without Daddy’s credit card.” Jay peeked to see four humans surround something. Like a pack hunting prey.

“Like you probably dropped out of high school, dummy?” Jay’s ears perked at the strength of the kid’s voice. It did not sound like prey, though it was in the prey’s position.

“You little,” One of the human threats moved toward the kid. Jay jumped over the human threats. “WHA-”

Jay looked up. The kid was a female. She was leaning against the human metal chain gate. The coverings on her hung on her tiny form and her hair stuck to her wide-eyed face.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?” Jay turned to the human threats. He stepped in front of the kid and growled at the human threats. They jumped and the tangy scent of fear rose from them. “Uh,” Jay snapped his teeth at them. They screamed and scrambled away. The scent of fear still stayed. Jay turned to the kid.

“Nice, fire doggy?” Her voice shook and the strength from before was gone. Something in Jay twisted and the scent of fear not only aggravated him, but it also hurt him. The kid didn’t have to be afraid of him. Jay lowered his head and whimpered. The kid blinked. “Okay, okay Tabi. Big fire dog in front of you. You’re not going to touch it. It’s just probably a figment of your imagination. Yeah, close your eyes and it won’t even be there.”

The kid closed her eyes and Jay leaned towards her. She opened her eyes and jumped. “Wah!” Despite her jump, the tangy smell of fear left. And there was an airy scent he never smelled before. He leaned and sniffed her more. There was, something, about the scent.

“Getting a little close there, buddy.” The kid chuckled forcefully. Jay moved away from her. She blinked again. “Um, sit.” Jay did as she said and looked to her. The air behind his tail grew thick as his tail moved back and forth. Jay looked back at it and turned his head as he examined his tail. It never did that before.

Something moved in the air. Jay snapped his head towards the movement and growled a bit. The kid jumped and swallowed, but was away from the metal gate. “Look, I just, I just want to touch you, okay?” She asked slowly. Jay bent his head down for her. She walked forward and hesitantly reached a hand out. Jay dimmed the fire on his snout. He closed his eyes. as her fingertips brushed his snout.

It did not burn. It felt like a solid form of the falling water. It felt, nice. Jay leaned his snout into her palm. “Woah,” She gaped. “You’re, you’re really warm.” She put both of her hands on his snout. Jay felt her shiver. He lifted his head and moved it behind her shoulder.

“What are you, WOAH!” Jay pushed her light form to his chest as he dimmed the fire inside his chest, letting his hide come over his bones. She easily fit within his shoulders. He laid his head on top of hers. All of her felt nice and did not burn. “This, this is nice.” She sighed and snuggled into him.

“I don’t suppose you have a home, do you buddy?” Jay shook his head, moving her hair. “Hey!” She chuckled. Then sighed. “Me neither. I was hoping your broken collar meant you did, but maybe you’re a runaway too.” A heavy scent filled Jay’s nose, covering the airy scent from the kid. Jay put a paw around the kid. “You’re a pretty smart fire dog.” She patted his paw. “Maybe you can find us a place to stay? Away from the storm and those guys.” Jay growled and pulled her closer with his paw.

“Hey, you scared them off pretty easily! And I stole from them. They’re not going to be a problem.”

BOOM! Come back, dog!

Jay growled and closed his eyes as his bones burned. His tail stopped the sweeping motion from before.

“Yeah, that’s the problem. Where can we get,” The kid stepped away from him and back into the falling water. “Okay, you’re really heating up there, buddy. You okay?”

BOOM! I said come!

Jay shook his head as his fire reignited.

“Your collar,” The kid pointed to his collar. He nodded and growled. “You have to go back?” He nodded again. The heavy scent filled the air again, and within it, the tangy scent of fear. “I guess, I won’t be seeing you around. Fire dogs only appear to save your life once right?” The kid’s mouth flickered and did this odd thing where it tried to curve upward but it shook. That twisting feeling came back to Jay. His fire dimmed and his hide appeared.

“Hey!” Jay picked the girl up by her coverings with his teeth. He placed her near his neck. She reached for his collar and he growled. “Okay, okay!” She latched onto the tuff of fur along his spine and put her legs around his body. “Sooooooo, do I have to say mu, WAH!” She leaned into his body as Jay sped off.

Jay had to report to the fat thing, but the human threats were still alive. The kid was not safe alone. He could leave her with other humans, but it was other humans that were the threat. But there was the prey. The prey was a demon, a wandering djinn according to master. A dangerous one according to the fat thing. And from what Jay could remember of it, it would not kill the kid on sight. Jay ran to the human den with the prey’s spicy scent. He stopped at the entrance. The spicy scent was there, but the threats were nearby too. He only had a few seconds before the prey would catch his scent. Jay growled.

“Whoa, that was faster than,” The kid sat up. “Uh. Nonononono, not here, buddy.” The tangy scent of fear mixed with the kid’s scent. “There’s this crazy, lady, thing, in there! She threatened to kill me and hurt my wrist.” Jay huffed at the kid’s pout. He pulled her leg lightly. She jumped off of him. “Buddy, I’m telling you,” Jay stopped her talking by rubbing his snout in her hair. The humans were getting closer.

BOOM! DOG!

Jay winced and stepped away from the kid. He ignited his flames brightly.

“What was that?” The human threats yelled. They were getting closer. The kid did not hear them. Her eyes gazing at him.

“Buddy, I can’t,” Jay nudged her forward with a paw, before turning and running around the back of the human den and towards the tall hard things. The spicy scent of the prey filled his nose as he disappeared into the tree line.

“There you are.” The fat thing growled at Jay’s arrival. “I think I sense Dezire in that building.” The fat thing pointed at the human den Jay just left. Jay sat down resolutely. “But there are some humans coming by. Surely, Dezire will not let such filthy creatures on her territory. She will be drawn out to fight them, and then I can assess her skill and attack after them.” The fat thing smiled. “Brilliant if I do say so myself.” Jay huffed and focused back onto the human den.

The kid had come around the back of the den. Jay moved towards her.

“Oh! There’s a small human too!” The fat thing cackled. “Maybe if Dezire lets it live, I can have it as a snack.” The fat thing licked its lips. Jay growled and snapped at it. The fat thing moved its hand. “Oh, hush, and stay still!” Jay growled as his bones burned and he settled back into a sitting position, his head bowed. “You’ll ruin my plan.” The fat thing turned to watch the human den. “We’ll go in after Dezire deals with the humans.”

Jay looked to the kid, who was going back to the front of the den. He hoped the prey took mercy on the kid. Cause if it didn’t, Jay growled and his fire glowed. He would kill it himself.

Last edited:
Ugh. Rain. Dezire hated the rain. Being in it, that is. She could listen to it all day and night, as it helped her nerves when she needed to calm her mind. It was just being in it that irritated her - the way it soaked her clothes or fur, the mud that would always cling to her paws and skin. She would have to find a way to clean herself off, and that meant going into the forest to find a lake or river or something. With her tongue being that of a snake, she rarely groomed herself like a traditional feline, if at all. Not to mention the rain made her cold, and she couldn't deal with the cold. It was why she liked the middle of the human year.... What was it called again? Summer? The heat made her relax a lot, and she valued heat very much. She could bask in the sun all day if she could.

BOOM! CRACK!

"Fucking hell!"

Dezire jumped with a gasp. Great. It was what humans called a "thunderstorm" and with thunder, there apparently came lightning. Strange, it wasn't exactly like that down under. Sometimes, demons had battles with their abilities, and if they used lightning, there wasn't a giant boom that surrounded the air. There was just large crackling sounds that often hurt her ears. As much as she disliked admitting it, the warmth of Hell would be good to soak up right now. She often retreated to Hell during the colder times, though on rare occasions she did risk being hurt during the winter times to examine the humans during those times. Or to just escape and leave the annoying demons and djinns that constantly wanted something from her.

The air rumbled again as thunder rolled in the sky. Ugh, why did she have to be on the run during spring? Couldn't she have done this during summer?

"I'll say it again. Damn Abaddon. When I get my hands around his neck I'll -" Dezire cut herself off when she sensed something outside. All of her senses went on alert and focused on whatever was happening outside the warehouse. She begged in her head to not have the circumstances make her go outside. She wanted to stay under her dirty blanket on her dirty bed and wait for her leg to heal.

"Re---y? She's in th--e." A voice spoke. The rain was too noisy to accurately pick apart the voice, but it sounded vaguely familiar. Then the doors opened as someone began to sneak inside the warehouse. Dezire was quick to get out of her bed and descend onto a lower beam that was shrouded in darkness. Her eyes focused as the intruder walked in the warehouse, closing the wet doors behind them.

"Seriously?" Dezire muttered to herself. It was the girl again. Either she was fearless, or foolish. Probably the latter. Either way, she was treading on her place of residence, and she'll be dealt with more harshly now. Her leg was a bit better, but not completely better. With a lowly hiss, the demon stalked across the beam, her eyes focused on the girl as she walked further into the empty building.

~~~~~~~~~​

"What the hell am I doing in here? This is suicide!" Tabitha whispered to herself as she walked further into the warehouse. Just her luck. First she gets lost in the city, then she realizes that she had her face all over news stations all over the country, and now, in this city, these men notice her and began following her. They had been stalking her for a day, and she was scared out of her mind. It was a miracle that she wasn't kidnapped, or worse... But then they found her, and she was sure that she was a goner... But then that scary dog saved her. Why? The young girl shuddered as she felt a breeze blow through the broken windows, and she hurried further to hide behind a pillar.

So now, she was cold and hiding from.... The rain and who? The men or the woman? The men were scary, but that woman was crazy; why did the dog take her here? Surely some big fire dog could smell crazy when they smelled it right?

"Stupid dog. Everyone's trying to kill me. All I wanted was a sandwich! Does nobody understand that. I can't do this. I want to go home.... Wherever that is," Tabitha whimpered to herself. She looked around the inside of the decrepit building and shuddered as the thunder boomed in the sky again. Water dripped through the empty windows, plants grew though the ceiling, and it was just overall creepy. Scrap metal and dirt. Why would anybody stay here? Suddenly, a creak caught the girl's attention. Where did that come from? Frightened, the girl got on her feet and looked frantically for the source of the sound. Why her?

"H-hello? Anybody here?" Silence. Great. For some reason, that didn't sound like a good thing. "If you are, please don't hurt me. I'm just hiding out from the rain... I... I mean, from those men. They found me again, and... I just wanted to..." She paused as she stepped towards the middle of the area. Nothing. If that was the case, why was she so tense with this sense of.... Dread?

"Maybe she left? I hope so. Crazy lady was scary."

"Then why come back?" a woman's voice questioned from behind. Tabitha gasped and turned on her feet, and was met with the threatening posture of the woman from before. Oh God no. Not again.

"L-look, I did not come here on my own, I swear. I was planning on staying away from here - far away. But this-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, girl. First off, I don't believe you - How are you gonna say that you didn't come here on your own? Someone take you here?" the woman asked as she took a step closer towards Tabitha. She took a step back with a small swallow.

"As a matter of fact, yes. I was taken here. I didn't want to come here, but I didn't want to walk in the rain. But the most important thing is me hiding... From the bad men. I need a place to hide, so please, can I-"

"You expect me to let you stay here after what you did - or didn't do? Why should I?" the woman asked with a raised voice. Tabitha backed away from the woman, a whimper coming out of her mouth as the woman took several steps forward. Not good, not cool. She couldn't stay here with this psycho.... Stupid dog!

"I'm not expecting you to, believe me, but -"

"No. You're going to have to go." The woman interrupted once again. If she did that one more time....

"But -" Tabitha couldn't even get a word out before the doors opened up again. A single hand came in from the wet outside, and slowly crept inside the warehouse. Without a single warning, Tabitha felt herself being lifted and carried out of sight on one fell swoop. She felt her entire stomach clench in shock, and she closed her eyes reflexively. When she slowed down and was sat on the ground, Tabitha opened her eyes again to see the woman kneeling down behind a broken.... Rock thingy.... Upon longer inspection, it looked like a rock pipe? Like the stuff she sometimes saw all piled up in construction sites.

What was this? How did she get here so fast? And why was she here? Her questions seemed to be unimportant as she watched the woman glare at the new intruders - the three men she was trying to tell the woman about.

"Stay here. Be quiet, and don't try anything," the woman said before leaving to sneak around in the darkness. The three men closed the doors and looked around the large insides of the building. Tabitha gasped in fear. They came in. The men were gonna find her and, and..... Do horrible things to her! With a whimper, Tabitha snuck inside the pipe, hoping and praying that she wouldn't be found.

~~~~~~~~​

"A lot of nothing in here man. You said that she went in here," A man said as he shook his arms of the excess water that clung to his clothes. The man he was talking to grumbled as he turned to he first man.

"I said that I followed the tracks and they led here, Timmy. That didn't mean that she went in here. It's just possible." The other man said with a huff.

"Whatever. If she is in here, then she'll be found. That's the important thing. We're gonna get that money one way or another," the third man said with a smirk. "Ain't no girl gonna steal from us and get away with it."

Dezire growled as she listened to the men trespassing on her territory. So the young human was telling the truth. And apparently she stole from them...? Interesting. Nonetheless, they were going to be met with some very bad news. Apparently, if she was going to have her rest, she was going to be a little more aggressive to obtain it. She slowly walked towards the doors behind the men, and cleared her throat.

"I am not very happy with the increasing number of trespassers coming into my space," Dezire said with a huff. The men turned around with gasps, which made the demon give a little smile at their reactions. She always did enjoy scaring others.

"Oi, where did you come from?" the man regarded as "Timmy" asked. The other men scoffed as they raised their concealed weapons. Blades and... a metal weapon that was familiar. She couldn't put a pin on the name though. Not that it mattered.

"That doesn't matter. Where's the girl? You have her with you? Tell her where she is and we might not hurt ya," the third man said with a smile that she supposed was to be intimidating. Dezire returned his smile with a smile of her own.

"You humans are always asking the wrong questions. What you should be asking is whether you can leave this place.... Alive," Dezire said with a tilted head. Her voice taunted the men as she stepped closer to the three men. She paused and studied the men, and took into account of their body sizes and frame. Two of them looked rather muscular, with the third man skinnier than the other two. Naturally, she'd go for him first, but he had the weapon that was the most unfamiliar to her. Until she could discern what it could do, she wouldn't do anything to him... Yet. As such, she backed away with a snort. The men chuckled at her actions.

"Alive? Look, don't be scared, lady. We just want to find the one who stole from us. So, where is she?" the third man said with a small shrug.

"She ain't gonna tell us, man. She's looking a little scared of ya," the other man commented. Dezire couldn't help but laugh at the men. Did they think her movements were from her being fearful of them? How amusing. Were female humans weaker than male humans? It made her a little irritated that it would be the case. How demeaning. It was nearly enough to lunge at them right then and there.

"Oh, you think that I'm afraid of you? Haha! Don't make me laugh. I'm not afraid of you at all - I'm pissed! You come in here uninvited, demand something from me, and insult me by acting all high and mighty! And even if I did have it, I wouldn't tell you!" Dezire said with a growing snarl. "Now get out! Or suffer the consequences!" the demon snarled.

"Hey! You don't tell us what to do, bitch! You listen to us! That's it, we're just -"

CRACK! "AAAAAaArGH!"

The man's voice cut off with a scream of pain before he could finish his threat. The man's comrades gasped in fear as the seemingly normal woman was suddenly upon the man with her whole body, and his knee suddenly broken from seemingly the impact. Her hand was then wrapped around the man's throat, her teeth bared to show her pointed fang as she glared into the man's eyes.

"Listen here you little pissant! The only thing you'll be carrying out of here is your pathetic little lives. And even then I'm contemplating on if you deserve it. I am tired, and I want some peace and quiet! You are preventing me from getting it! You humans are always wanting something for nothing, and your something will get you a lot of nothing.... No.... Not nothing.... Death...." Dezire hissed as she leaned in closer to the man's face. Oh how she wanted to rip this man's throat out. She was so close to doing it. Tired or not, she was getting even more angry than the day before, and when she got mad, these men were going to wish they weren't even born.

"Hey! Let him go, bitch!" the man closest to her shouted.

"Call me that one more time and you'll be the first to die!" Dezire snarled as she turned her glowing eyes to the two men beside her. Their weapons were shaking in their hands, and the young serpentine demon was getting to that point where she just wanted to kill these men. After a few seconds, the men were quick to lower their weapons, and the angered demon clenched the man's throat a little longer, just to hear him choke for air. She then threw him damn near across the warehouse, where he landed on the rough cement. He cried out in pain as he clenched his knee. "Fuck off, before I change my mind. Get. Out. Now. And if you come back, you're as good as dead," Dezire said as slowly as she could to emphasize each word that came out of her mouth. The other two men were quick to run to their injured partner and picked him up on his feet as best as he could manage. All three stumbled out of the warehouse and into the rain. Dezire bared her teeth as she slowly went to the doors, and watched as the three men stumbled in the rain. They would be soaked, but she couldn't care about anybody that threatened her like that. Not for a second. Now, to deal with her smaller problem.

“WHAT!?!?!?” Jay’s ears flattened at the fat thing’s yell. “She let them live!” Jay had to admit that he was surprised too. He heard their threats and insults. Yet, the prey did not kill them. They limped out of her territory, fear clinging to them and injured, but alive. So the kid had to be alive too, right? The fat thing’s chuckle dragged Jay away from his avid search for any signs of the kid.

“Well, if she is too weak to kill the weakling humans,” The fat thing smirked as it stood up. Jay braced himself as the area around the fat thing shook. “I’ll do it myself!” The fat thing jumped and the human threats could barely let out a scream as the fat thing landed on top of them.

THUUUUUUDDDDDD!

“AH!” Amidst the violent shaking at the fat thing’s jump, Jay heard the kid scream. He ran towards it.

“DEZIRE! I have killed that which you couldn’t! Are you truly so weak to let humans live? Are you that much a coward? Is that how you have avoided Abaddon for so long? Cowering and hiding with humans? PATHETIC!” The fat things taunts were loud and annoying.

BOOM!

“AH!” But how it shook the area was endangering the kid. Jay needed to get the kid out of there. He broke through the back and looked for he kid’s scent. The spicy scent of the prey was everywhere, but hidden in some circular stone was a tangy airy scent. Jay looked inside. Sure enough, the kid was huddled inside, trembling. He growled lowly, alerting her of his presence.

“You!” The kid looked to him. Then her tangy scent diminished and her eyebrows furrowed. “Did you come back to drop me off at more places that would get my killed?” She hissed. Jay shook his head.

BOOM!

The area shook and the kid cried again. Jay glanced where he could smell rancid intermingling with spicy. It seemed that the fight was starting. Jay observed the kid’s surroundings. There was too much that could fall and crush the kid. She needed to get out of there. He went in and tugged on her coverings lightly.

“What?” She looked to him once again and pulled away from him. “There is no way I’m letting you take me anywhere,”

BOOM!

The kid jumped and scrambled out of the stone. She stood up and looked to him. “So where are we going?” Jay dimmed his fire and gestured towards his tail. She went and grabbed it. Jay tensed and for a moment, his fire wanted to light the kid on fire, but Jay focused on how she did not BURN and his fire simmered down. He led her out through the front. The back was too dangerous and had too many obstacles for her.

BOOM!

Something slammed into the human den and things started dropping. Jay began running, making sure not to go too fast so the kid could keep up. They were out of the den and in heavy falling water as something slammed into the den again.

BOOM!

“What the heck is that!?!?!?” The kid screeched. Jay glanced back to see her looking at the fight. Jay turned to her and put her under his head, covering her from the heavy falling water. It filled the air around them and It was even hard for him to see the tall things that he was observing from, moments before. He imagined that the only thing she could see was the battle between the prey and the fat thing.

“Is that, steroid horned Shrek your master?” Jay growled and nodded. “What about, the other, thing?” She said hesitantly. Jay shook his head. “It looks like it needs help.” Jay huffed and put a paw over the kid. “Oh, come on, you gotta admit, it’s not fair. Shrek is like, six times the other thing’s size.” Jay shrugged. His priorities were the kid and reluctantly, the fat thing. “It, it’s not fair.” The heavy scent came over the kid for a moment. As they watched the fight, the heavy scent grew. Then, the airy scent solidified, getting rid of the heavy scent. “That’s it.” The kid went under his paw and into the heavy falling water. Jay grabbed at her coverings lightly and growled. She turned to him.

"I can't stand by again. I gotta do something!" Jay growled, but her scent was hard and sure. Her eyes were burning. He could hold her down, ensure her safety. But, nothing about her burned till then and that strength he heard when she faced the human threats was back in her voice. If he held her down, she would fight him. He would lose focus on both his priorities. So, he let her go and she ran further into the heavy falling water. He could still see and smell. And if anything else, he could pull the fat thing away by its ankles if it started to go for the kid.

Last edited:
The men were finally behind Dezire's thoughts. She knew they wouldn't be a problem anymore. That is, if they valued their pathetic lives. But there was one more thing to deal with.

BOOM!

Nevermind. Another thing to deal with. What the hell was happening now?! As the ground shook like an earthquake, Dezire’s focus shifted from the girl to the semi-familiar voice outside.

Outside? As in… In the rain? Great.

“Dezire!” the voice called out, “I have killed that which you couldn’t!” Wait…. Was that who she thought it was?

Dezire snarled as she ran towards the warehouse doors, and standing multiple feet away from her was the large and green demon - Tamil. She had seen this demon on occasion, and she didn’t very much care for him. She never really spoke to him, so her opinion of this demon was now based on what he was doing right at this very moment.

And that meant that she had had enough. Third time’s a charm, as the human phrase goes. She tuned out everything the large demon said after the first three sentences. All she knew was that: he was hunting her. He was insulting her.

And he was trespassing. On her turf.

And she had enough.

Her eyes glowed angrily as it began to spill over. “You… Ignorant oversized ball of foolishness! You think you can just kill me? You think that I can’t kill three weak humans? What I do in this realm is none of your business, and you can tell that to Abaddon too!” Dezire hissed. The large demon huffed and threw his hand forward in front of him, aiming at Dezire’s body. A crackle of light formulated around his hand before firing directly at Dezire, and shot out at a fast speed. Dezire dodged it in time, hiding behind a stack of metal before the lightning struck the warehouse.

“You can’t hide from me, Dezire! You will be mine, and you will surrender to Abaddon! And I will get what I am promised” Tamil shouted as thunder rolled deep in the sky. The words enraged the female demon, and she roared before she stood up from her hiding spot.

“You think he will give you what he promised you?! You are a bigger fool than you look if you think so! He doesn’t care about anybody but himself, and he always will look out for only himself. You’re trapped under the whims of a demon like him, a demon who is the master at telling false truths and pretty lies, but I will never surrender!” Dezire declared. “So you can just fuck off!” The female demon grabbed a particular sharp piece of metal and threw it at Tamil’s side. The demon saw it just in time for it to pierce his thick flesh, and with a roar, he stumbled onto a pile of cars.

The anger within Dezire was enough to make her change. Her body was screaming for a chance to sink fangs into a body. Bones and skin shifted and morphed as she got on her knees. A roar exited Dezire’s mouth as her arms and legs grew longer and stronger. Her neck and head grew scales and her eyes gained their trademark serpentine slits. When everything was done, she had grown larger in size, but her opponent was still larger than her. No matter, she always did love a challenge.

Dezire dashed towards the larger demon with a roaring hiss, fangs flashing and she leaped on him, ready to claw his eyes out. She slashed Tamil’s face once, twice, thrice, but on the fourth attempt, he managed to grab her forearm and squeeze it with his strong grip. Dezire cringed in pain as she hissed and spat in a rage, trying her best to free herself. Then, without much thought, her mouth opened up in preparation to bite Tamil’s hand. With a frightened gasp, Tamil quickly saw it coming and swiftly grabbed her neck, spun around in circles, then threw the female demon towards the warehouse wall. A loud THUD sounded out under the noise of the rain, and she landed in the mud with a wet squelching sound.

As strong as Dezire was, the throw was very disorienting. The world was spinning, and she couldn’t get up to react to anything. The rain didn’t help either, as it made the larger demon’s body damn near disappear. Or was he doing that on his own? Fuck. Not good. What was she supposed to do now? Suddenly, thick hands grabbed Dezire by the neck, and she choked in his grasp as she clawed at his hands.

“You’re weak Dezire. Being with humans have apparently made you weak.”

~~~~~~~​

Tabitha ran in the rain as it poured down from the sky. What was happening? Why was she running away from the safety of the dog? Why was she running towards this fight between… Whatever these two things were? She didn’t know who she was supposed to be rooting for? What did she even -

ROAAAAAAR!

“What the actual heck was that?!” Tabitha gasped as she skidded to a stop. That didn’t sound like a normal animal. What was she running into?

But despite everything in her body and soul telling her to stay away, Tabitha kept going. She eventually came to a stop behind a cinder block barrier, and watched the fight unfolding. A strange beast was attacking what she assumed to be the fire dog’s master. Why was this a bit… Cool? No, no! It wasn’t cool, it was terrifying. But she came down here to even the odds. The large-but-smaller-in-comparison-to-the-giant beast was jumping around and slapping the other thing around, but it then got caught on the neck.

Maybe that was the one that needed to be helped? But how was she going to do that? Tabitha looked around and saw that she was near a pile of cars. The majority of them looked too old to be dealt with, but maybe there could be one that worked? She looked at the rusted vehicles and groaned as the water soaked her entire body. It would be hard to climb in the rain, but evening the odds sounded like a fair thing to do. Not that she should really care. She should be running far away from this mess.

“Oh man, I'm going to regret this later on, aren't I?” Tabitha groaned to herself. As the two monsters went at it, she looked into a car and groaned reluctantly. All nastiness and ickiness inside it made it hard to make herself go in, but she felt compelled to do so.

“Come on! It’s just dirt, it’s just dirt….. Gotta get in,” Tabitha said in an attempt to drill it in her head. She slowly went inside the car, careful to not tip it over and have the car crush her. Leaning forward, she hit what she figured was the car horn. But no sound came out. Thunder rolled as the giant began to create what Tabitha could only think of as lightning with the other fist, and she frantically began to press on the horn with increasing pressure. After four or five attempts, she had just gotten a small honk.

“Come on! Seriously, you old piece of junk, make a sound!” Tabitha said as the water made it harder and harder to keep her hand on the horn. Then, with one more hard press….

HOoOOOOOOoOONK!!!

~~~~~~~~​

Dezire snapped and hissed and spat angrily at the demon for putting his smelly hands on her in this manner. And under the orders of Abaddon no less. Her vision began seeing strange shapes as the water kept hitting her eyes, something that made her wish she had proper eyelids. Her tail thrashed and kept hitting Tamil’s arm, but his thick skin was like a sort of protection. She hissed as the demon slowly raised his other fist, the loud crackles of lightning forming around his fingers. A tinge of panic rose within Dezire, for she knew that if he landed a direct punch on her face with his kind of brute strength, she’d be in Abaddon’s arms faster than she could blink. She couldn’t have that. She had to… fight. Fight harder.

“Good riddance, djinn,” Tamil said with a confident smirk. But just before he was able to land the final blow, a huge sound broke his focus. He cried out in shock as the sound seemed to disrupt him more than both Dezire and Tamil might’ve figured. Without thinking, he dropped Dezire and went to move his hand to block his large ears, forgetting that he had prepared lighting in his fist. He shouted in pain as he shocked himself, and Dezire backed away with heavy pants as the sound kept blaring throughout the empty lot. With an irritated hiss, she pawed at her head, disliking the irritating sound that pierced her concentration. But the bigger and somewhat clumsy demon had injured himself, not to mention her taking a few swipes at him beforehand - she could still defeat him.

While he was distracted, Dezire swiped furiously at the green feet of the demon. With another hissing snarl, the serpentine demon relayed various bits of information to herself to keep her assault going.

‘Always attack that which keeps the enemy moving.’ she thought. With that, she attacked the other foot as well. Tamil roared in pain, and with his roar, exceptionally loud thunder rolled in the air. She jumped back when she sensed a large object incoming, then leaped back in with more blows. Her clubbed tail was quick to move into the fray, raising up with a rattle before making contact with the enemy’s ankle. Tamil roared out in pain again before falling backwards under the assault of his legs. Dezire snarled as the large body slammed in the mud, and she paced around the demon once, slashing at his arms and hands to prevent them being moved before leaping on him. He grunted and groaned, but when she was on top of him, he bared his teeth, yet didn’t seem all that convincing to her. She leaned in close, brown slitted eyes glowing harshly against the darkness of the rainstorm above. Lightning crashed behind the beast, silhouetting her body ominously as she opened her mouth.

“What’s wrong Tamil? Sssssnake got your tongue? I thought you said you were going to kill me….. But I guess not. You were a bit of a challenge, I must admit, but your time has ended. Goodbye,” Dezire hissed with a tail flick. She lifted her paw to place it at his throat, lifted her neck in an arch, and opened her mouth, showing the white fangs that held deadly venom. Mouth dripping with water and venom laced saliva, the demon stared into her prey’s eyes before she made that final lunge...

Jay watched as the fight ensued and the kid ran towards some metal human objects. The kid wasn’t heading straight into the fight. The human-thing she entered in even made a sound as she muttered at it. Jay turned his head.

Was she intending to distract the fat thing with that small sound? Though, since she was human, and the thing was human-made, maybe she had a way to enhance it. Good, she was smart and he didn’t have to worry about dragging her or the fat thing away just yet. Jay glanced back to make sure. The fat thing’s size and the falling water seemed to give it an advantage over the prey.

“You’re weak Dezire. Being with humans has apparently made you weak.” The fat thing taunted the prey as it held her in its grip.

HOoOOOOOOoOONK!!!

Jay put his paws over his ears as the human-made thing put out a blunt cry. Jay glared at he the thing, but he was happy to see that the kid stayed inside it. When he turned back the fight, the kid’s distraction had worked. The prey gained the upper hand with the distraction.

The prey’s tail, which had a shaking thing on its end) seemed to be one of its main defenses. Using it as a blunt object to cripple the fat thing’s ankles. Jay knew that since he was shorter in length than her, he could use that to his advantage and hide within her striking range. But it would get him close to her long head. Was he fast enough to dodge? Her claws were used as quick attacks against the fat thing’s arms, though they bled greatly. Her claws could be dangerous, but they were not a threat.

“What’s wrong Tamil? Sssssnake got your tongue?” The prey stood over the fat thing, her tail flicking. “I thought you said you were going to kill me….. But I guess not.” Jay stood and silently walked closer; his fire dimmed. It did not seem to alert the prey. “You were a bit of a challenge, I must admit, but your time has ended. Goodbye,” Jay’s orders BURNED.

Now, Jay knew he could tackle the prey off of the fat thing, causing little damage to the fat thing. He could do that. But the fat thing was annoying and said it would eat the kid. So instead, Jay lunged for the prey’s tail.

His fire burned brightly as he grabbed the shaking thing in his mouth tightly, letting it catch the fire in his mouth. He pulled her off the fat thing.

“AHH,”
There was a choked scream and an odd roar as Jay swung the prey around and into the human den. Just for good measure, and to appear that Jay did try to protect the fat thing, he barked a fireball to where the prey landed. Quickly, he went on top of the fat thing. He let his fire burn red, consuming both him and the fat thing, and his fire sunk them into the ground.
Abaddon floated near the edge of his cliff when he felt the heat of the hound. It appeared in the inky blackness of the abyss. Soon, Tamil was dropped onto the cliff and the hound jumped off of him.

“What is this?” Abaddon floated to the hound and Tamil. “You seem to have suffered much in your first fight, Tamil. What happened?”

“De-de, krgh!” Tamil’s choked and gurgled reply was buried in the symphony of wails. Abaddon then realized the exact shape Tamil was in. The lesser djinn’s throat was slashed, his arms cut with precision, and a few wounds littered his body and face. Abaddon clenched one of his hands and the wails ceased their loud cries, but heat filled the air as the soul lakes swirled.

“Dezire?” Tamil nodded at Abaddon’s observation. “She did all this to you?” Another nod. Abaddon hummed. “Wormwood!” Abaddon turned towards the hound. It stood with its shaking legs braced and jaw bared. There was smoke rising from its mouth.

“Yes, sire?”

“Take Tamil to a restoration area. Ensure that he receives the utmost attention.” Abaddon ordered.

“Yes, sire. Right away!” Abaddon heard Wormwood open his halfling wings and go for Tamil’s horns. Tamil groaned pathetically. Abaddon appeared before the hound and grabbed its collar. It squirmed and snapped at him. Abaddon enlarged one of his hands and squeezed the hound’s mouth shut. He heard Wormwood swallow as the hound increased its squirming.

“Oh, and Wormwood,”
Abaddon called back.

“Y-yes, sire!” The halfling squeaked.

“Stay with Tamil.”

“Of course, sire!” Wormwood said quickly and Abaddon heard him drag the lesser djinn away. Once they were gone, Abaddon snapped his fingers with another hand. Fire consumed him and the hound.

“You think, you can fool me?”
Abaddon sneered at the wincing and trembling hound. The hound’s jaw in Abaddon’s hands was turning a beautiful black, but Abaddon could not enjoy it. He squeezed tighter and cracks began to form. “I know that you could have had him here before he was unable to speak. I know that you use my enhancements to appear and appease me, never in a true fight.” Abaddon slammed the hound onto the ground, still keeping a hold of its jaw. The whimper produced further irritated Abaddon.

“I,” Abaddon bent over and whispered into the hound’s ear. “Will not be made a fool, nor will my deal be broken because of your disobedience!” Abaddon pushed the hound into the stone, splitting the cracks underneath his hands wider. The hound seized for a moment before going still as it continued to burn.

“Next time, I expect Tamil to come back able to report on his endeavor. You are to protect him with your utmost ability.” Abaddon leaned away from the hound, composing himself to his original size and putting his hands behind his back. “Understood?” The hound laid in the fire, its breath shaking. “Understood?” Abaddon snarled and his hands squeezed.

The hound’s pitiful whine echoed in the silence.

“Good. I will be expecting Tamil’s report tomorrow then.” Abaddon turned away from the hound and the burning fire. “For now, I must go see how he is fairing, and ensure that there is no misconception about our deal.” Abaddon floated away, leaving the hound burning in silence.

The large green demon underneath Dezire’s paws struggled to fight, but she was going to end his life, here and now. But just when she made the lunge, something snatched up her tail. A shocked hiss escaped past her fangs as the pain just began to register, and the snake head turned around to see her tail inside the jaws of a Hellhound. Rage built up, but before she did anything, the fiery beast dragged her off her victim. Dezire’s claws instinctively dug into the flesh of the demon under him, making him cry out in pain as she was pulled off, then she felt herself being thrown around against her will. Hisses and yowling like sounds escaped out of her mouth as she struggled to regain control, only to be flung through a window of the warehouse. She slid on the wet ground for a few moments before she stopped herself with her claws and quickly regained her footing, snarling at the action inflicted upon her before a fire ball came flying at her. She jumped back with swift reflexes, hissing angrily before she launched herself back outside through the window she just crashed into, only to be just in time to see the damn Hellhound retreat both itself and the half-dead demon back into Hell.

But that didn’t stop her from trying her hardest to get after the dog one time. She made a leap towards the portal of flames, but she didn’t make it. Just when she got to the position of the portal as it closed, she landed on wet mud and slid in the rain for a few feet. Getting back on her feet, Dezire turned around to nothing but earthly things, huffing and hissing her exhaustion. Rain still poured down on her soaked frame, making her feel like she had lost something. She didn't think so, but the retreat did bring up a bit of worry. A shudder coursed through her body as a sign that she was getting colder, and Dezire decided to finish thinking about her fight when she was inside.

With a sigh, Dezire actually hopped through the same window that she flew through not five minutes ago, unwilling to deal with opening doors with her paws. After what happened, she figured that staying in this form would help her if another demon wanted to try their luck with her.

‘Uuugh, this is just great. Great! I’m soaking wet, covered in mud, a demon and a Hellhound knows where I’m hiding, and that means that Abaddon knows where I am, no doubt. I have to move somewhere else in the city now. And… Ow, what the..?’ Dezire looked down to her leg as it sent a bit of pain through her body. Why? Her eyes spotted it right away - a shard of glass was sticking out of her leg. It must’ve happened when she was thrown into the glass window before. A hiss exited out her throat at the sight of blood dripping down her leg. Her semi-healed leg. Now that the wound was reopened again, it was going to take even longer to heal. Great!

‘I can’t stand rainy days,’ Dezire thought with irritation. Being wet meant being cold, and the cold didn’t treat Dezire very well. It was why she often went down into Hell when the human realm changed from the hot times to cold times. Did demons get… sick? Like a human? It was something that Dezire didn’t really think about, but she figured that it didn’t happen, since they weren’t human. But even so, she sure as hell didn’t like the feeling of discomfort when she was dripping wet.

As she walked towards the stairs that led her to her bed, Dezire’s flicked tongue caught the scent of someone in the warehouse again. Shit, it was that girl from before Tamil invaded her space. Brown irises glowed as the serpentine demon looked around, searching for the little intruder once again. A shuffling sound brought Dezire’s attention to the platform above, where she thought she saw some sort of movement.

'That better be you, pest,’ Dezire thought with a hiss. Picking up the pace, the large beast slowly stalked up the stairs and was soon met with the child looking over the bars and down on the ground floor. And she was also…. Wrapped…. In her dry, thick, warm blanket.

The… Girl…. She was wrapped in her…. Blanket? The blanket that she took a lot of stealthy effort in stealing? The blanket that is supposed to keep her warm? Her blanket?! The demon’s tail rattled fiercely as the rage from earlier rose right back up again. How dare this little insolent rat do such a thing?!

The girl turned around with a gasp, eyes meeting Dezire’s and immediately filled with fear. “N-nice snake…. Cat… Thing…. Be nice….” the girl said with a trembled voice. Fuck her.

‘You little mother-’

ROAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOSS!

Dezire let out a ferocious hiss-roar at the girl as the anger bubbled over. She ran towards the girl as she screamed in terror, jaws and fangs rushing towards the human girl with murderous intent. The girl unwrapped herself from the blanket and threw it on the floor and ducked out of the way of the lunging demon. Dezire caught it too late and latched her fangs on the platform beam, where they hooked around them as if she was closing her mouth. Infuriated at the result of her lunge, Dezire snarled and hissed and thrashed as she pulled on the bars to free herself, forgetting that she could simply do so if she was thinking rationally.

Her tail and paws slammed on the metal repeatedly, and the screaming girl was just out of her reach. She slashed at the space near the girl, where she screamed and cried for her to leave her alone. The girl then seemed to have found something, and when she acknowledged it, she grabbed the blanket as quickly as she could, edged around Dezire’s thrashing tail, and ran behind the demon to escape. Enraged even more, Dezire shook around like a fish on a fishing line, cursing her fangs as she tried to remind herself how delicate they were. And at the same time, she didn’t care at all.

She just wanted to get her fangs into that girl’s back.

Suddenly, Dezire managed to free herself despite her frantic movements, and whirled around on a dime to chase the girl. The young human screamed in terror as the large beast gained on her with terrifying speed, but barely managed to get herself and the blanket in the metal room before shutting and locking the door. Dezire snarled and went into a spitting fury, hissing and snapping at the door and the rectangular slit of the door that let her see into the room. The room was filled with various human things, and the girl was hiding in the corner furthest away from the demon, crying and shaking in terror while wrapped in her blanket. Dezire snarled and scratched at the door as much as she could, but after several minutes, she gave up. Looking back into the room again, her vision caught the crying girl as she sobbed and hid in the corner, but was too angry to care. Now she was going to have to dry off in the cold human building and try to get warm with no way to do so efficiently. With an angry hiss, Dezire departed from the door with a final slam against it, somewhat satisfied in the startled scream that resulted from it.

She walked away with a huff, wondering what was to happen in the next few days. She decided to stay in her other form for a while, unsure of what the next few days were to bring. Besides, she was too tired to do anything else, so the glass in her leg was going to have to wait. She then looked towards the girl hidden behind the door and hissed indignantly. No way she was gonna let the girl get out of here with no consequence. She wanted in, now she’s in here. Getting back up on her feet, Dezire eased herself back down in front of the door. Confident that the girl had nowhere to go without her knowledge, Dezire eased herself to sleep. She’d have to see the girl tomorrow.

“Tamil!” Master’s voice echoed in the fire, ringing and banging against Jay’s ears. “I do apologize for my hound’s lack of response to your distress. As you can see,”

SNAP!

The BURNING finally stopped and Jay fell to the ground. He could not even whimper as the fall shook his blackened and cracked jaw. He just laid there, vulnerable and unable to move or defend himself in front of Master and the fat thing.

“It has been severely punished.” The fat thing narrowed its eyes at Master’s words. “You do not believe me,” Master huffed. “Well, you can see for yourself.” Master looked at him. “DON’T MOVE.” Jay wished he could huff at the orders, but the burn of them made his legs jerk and twitch before he just didn’t move. He couldn’t move.

“Touch him,” Master ordered the fat thing, and Jay couldn’t move. The fat thing side-eyed Master, and Jay couldn’t Move. The fat thing slowly reached a thick fat big hand that could squish him, and he couldn’t MOVE. Jay willed himself to whine, yelp, snap, anything, but his browned bones didn’t do anything. He couldn’t MOVE. Only the fire within him trembled as the fat thing grabbed him.

It smirked wickedly as it lifted Jay in the air by his collar, and then threw him down to the black stone. The stone cracked and chipped underneath him. He finally let out a wheeze.

“Now that was unnecessary, Tamil.” Master’s fiery form floated near Jay. He couldn’t help but twitch from it. “I told you, it was already punished. It will not do to further injure my protection for you.” Master stopped near him. “Stand.” Jay felt his body move and shake as it stood. His bones rattled and his fire shuddered. “Sit.” Jay did, and hated it as he bowed his head.

This was wrong. He had to FIGHT. He had to.

But he wasn’t burning. He wasn’t BURNING. They only time he wasn’t burning, was when the kid touched him. The kid. The kid with a strong voice and airy scent. The kid that couldn’t and shouldn’t be afraid of him. The kid he had to protect.

Jay’s paws clenched. He could move.

“What other orders should I give him?” Master’s voice brought Jay out of his thoughts. He listened, but no sound was made. He only heard and smelled as the fat thing moved its body, blowing its rancid smell to Jay’s nose. Jay growled lowly, but it seemed only Master heard. For the scent of char sparked as his collar burned.

“I see.” Master hummed, and Jay’s collar stopped burning. “You wish for my hound to not touch Dezire unless to protect you, and ensure that no harm comes to you.” Jay snapped his head up to look at Master. That was a ridiculous request. If the fat thing was supposed to fight the prey, why would it expect to not get hurt? Injury is unavoidable, even in a sure fight. Yet, Master was rubbing his chin as the fat thing nodded.

“Well, after yesterday’s events, it is understandable.” Master nodded at the fat thing. “Very well then,” Master turned to Jay. Do not touch Dezire, un-”

The fat thing waved a hand in the air, stopping the order. Master turned to it. It moved its hands and sharp light formed signs in the air. Master’s hands tightened and Jay flinched at the burn in his collar.

“So, the hound is to not touch Dezire at all, only ensure your protection,” Master stated. Jay blinked. How was he supposed to do that? He had to fight to protect. Well, he could throw things, and use Master’s enhancements. It would hurt and burn, but it would help him keep his orders. “Fine, but do know that it was you who asked for this.” Master turned back to him.

“TODAY, DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE. DO NOT LET ANY HARM COME TO TAMIL.” Jay bowed his head, and his front legs slipped forward into a bow. His fire grew at the involuntary submissive action.

“Will that be all?” From his position, Jay could see Master turn to the fat thing. Jay heard it nod. “Good. I wish you well on your hunt.” Jay was glad when a painful huff left him at Master’s words. His collar burned as Master turned to him. “Take him.” Jay padded over to the fat thing; his head bowed.

The fat thing grabbed his collar as Jay turned his fire red. They rose up, into the inky darkness and into the soft not stone of the above. Jay took them to the area near the tall things they were last at. The fat thing quickly let him go, threw him really, when Jay called back his fire. Jay let out a low growl as he stood up. He looked to the fat thing. It sat on the soft not stone and created another storm, concealing itself within the trees. And that was it. It did not move. Jay huffed and sat down a few feet from it.

Jay knew that observation of prey was important, but the fat thing already fought the prey. To wait for it to come out, was risky. The prey would not venture out, knowing that something is after it. And if it did, the fat thing’s eyesight was limited now that it carried a tiny scar at the edge of its eye. Although, Jay glanced at the fat thing’s ears. Maybe it worked by sound.

BOOM!

The fat thing clapped its hands. Jay threw the sound idea away. He glanced back at the fat thing and back to the human den from before. The burning fire circle in the above’s not inky darkness hung low. Though, with a shake of the fat thing’s horns, it was soon covered by dark gray thick air. Jay looked back to the now shadowed human den. He sniffed the air as it moved towards Jay. A familiar tangy airy scent hit his nose.

The kid. The kid was still there. The scent was too strong and recent to not be there. Jay stood up and his ears perk. He did not hear any distress, but the tangy scent that mingled with the airy scent had to be fear. Jay went forward. A snarl stopped him.

Jay looked at the fat thing. Its eyes were glaring at him. Jay lifted his back leg. The fat thing’s eyes widened and then it flicked Jay away. Jay let out a painful yelp that spread the cracks on his jaw a bit as he tumbled away from the fat thing. When he growled as he got up. But he was out of the fat thing’s eyesight.

Jay sped to the human den, going to its side and hiding behind the stacked human-made things. He prowled lowly and through one of the holes made from the fight. He sniffed, and recoiled at the mingling scents of spicy with tangy airy. They were close to each other. Silently, with his fire dimmed as low as it could go, Jay made his way to the scents.

He found the prey first. It was in its natural form, resting on a soft human-made nest. The tangy airy scent was behind a hard human-made gate. Jay slowly, barely putting pressure on his paws, made his way to the gate. He grabbed the handle with his jaw. His spine tensed and his tail perked with the pain, but he made no sound. Slowly he pushed the handle down and pushed the gate.

Fortunately, it made no sound, but the tangy scent increased. He squeezed through the crack he made. Then he quickly and quietly turned to close the gate.

“Please, don’t,” Jay growled and the kid stopped speaking. Jay turned to see the kid peek behind a blanket. “BUDDY!” The kid cheered and jumped toward him. Jay was glad that his fire was already dimmed and his hide covered most of his features. This way, when the kid wrapped her arms around him, she didn’t burn and he could feel her nice not burning touch. Though, Jay noted that she smelled oddly spicy, like the prey.

“I’m so glad to see you!” The kid moved her head from where she buried it in the crook of his neck. “Now I can,” Her eyes widened at the right side of his snout. He knew his hide could not cover the blackened injury on his snout. “What the heck?” Her fingers lightly traced the cracks, yet Jay still flinched from her. “Sorry,” The heavy scent accompanied her airy one. “Did your master give this to you?” She looked to him, and water appeared in her eyes. Jay nodded, then he put his snout in her hair and moved it, ruffling her hair.

“Hey!” She lightly pushed him and Jay moved away when the heavy scent lightened a bit. “Well, I guess that means you’re okay.” She gave him a small smile and he huffed. “Good, because I need the bathroom.” The kid started bouncing on her toes. “And I think the cat snake, thingy,” the kid gestured widely to the gate. “Outside still wants to kill me for taking its blanket.” The kid pointed to a flat long human-made covering. Jay tilted his head. If that was the prey’s that could explain the prey’s spicy scent on the kid. He was impressed.

“So, can you help?” Jay looked at the kid and nodded. “Great! Because like I said, I really, really, got to go.” The kid’s bouncing resumed. Jay huffed and tapped the kid’s head lightly. Quietly, he turned to the gate. Slowly, he opened the gate. The prey was still laying in the human nest. He gestured the kid forward with his head. The kid came by his side, lightly holding a tuft of his fur. Though, he was so focused on the kid, that he did not get the gate.

BANG!

Jay knew nothing, except for the fat thing, could not have heard that. Jay quickly pushed the kid, whose airy scent began to have a tangy quality, to the side before his fire reignited. He barked a fireball at the human-made nest. The cracks on his snout elongating. He was in enclosed quarters, with an opponent he could not touch, and a kid he had to protect. He was definitely not going to make it out of this one uninjured.

The next day was a quiet one, since Dezire hadn’t woken up from the night before. Well, she did wake up, but it was to go back to her bed. She was able to sleep on the cold metal sheet for so long before she would freeze herself. The exertion from the fight must’ve drained her more than she anticipated. So, the demon had rested longer than usual, which was the reason why the Hellhound was able to intrude in her warehouse. But then….

BOOM!

Dezire jerked out of her sleeping position with a startled hiss. What made that…?

‘What the hell?’

Dezire turned to see a giant Hellhound - the same one from the day before, escorting the human girl out of the room she had trapped her in. Everything in her went from calm to anger in a split second, but before she could get up, a fireball flew out of the dog’s mouth and straight towards her. All Dezire could do was to half leap out of the way and block part of the attack with her tail, knowing that she was resistant to the flames. When she confirmed the impact, she gasped a little, for she forgot how powerful the impacts were. But when she turned around, Dezire was quick to realize that her bed had now caught on fire. With a worried hiss, the serpentine demon tried to fizzle out the flames that caught the soft material with her paws. Her paws didn’t do much, however, and the fire was spreading faster than she could get rid of them. Soon, the flames covered the majority of the bed, and Dezire was forced to shove it aside and watch it burn.

The sight of her bed - the only thing that helped her rest with any sort of comfort - burn with that….. Mutt’s fire…. Just made Dezire angry just like she had been before. First her blanket, then her bed. Now what?!

‘I’m going to kill you, dog… Tear you to shreds!’ Dezire roared in her head.

Brown eyes seething in rage, the serpentine demon gave an enraged hissing roar at her enemy, and lunged with gaping jaws. Landing on the other side of the girl and dog, Dezire lunged again to leap on the Hellhound’s side, scraping and scratching her claws all across the dog’s hide as she pinned it down. She slapped at the dog’s snout with her powerful paws and used her large feet to stomp on the dog’s legs in an attempt to disable it.

‘You mangy mutt! I'll show you what it means to be on fire!’ the angered demon declared. Dezire stomped on the hound several more times, each stomp more powerful than the last before she wrapped her tail around the dog's neck, and dragged it over to the overhang of the platform. She then threw her enemy over the side, letting gravity choke out her quarry. The dog was heavier than she anticipated, but it wasn't anything she couldn't handle. Her tongue flicked out with satisfaction at the sounds of her enemy choking, and she glared at the dog behind her as it struggled.

Last edited:
Jay growled as the pray lunged at him, but he didn’t snap or attack the prey. His orders burned into him.

DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE.

Well, he was definitely not touching her as she stomped on his legs. He moved them so she did not crush them, but it was her that keep trying to touch him because they were fighting. And he couldn’t FIGHT.

Though he was impressed with her tactics. Going for his legs was a great way to disable him. She did crack them a bit, working the punishment Master gave him some time ago, but it would take a lot more than her to break him. Master ensured that he had thick bones to break. Jay consider not fighting, showing how useless the prey’s actions were, but what if then the prey went after the kid?

Jay glanced over to see the kid frozen. Her tangy and airy scent still in the air close by. He gestured for her to go, hoping that he conveyed his message without bringing attention to her.

As the prey slapped his injured snout, he figured that the prey was definitely too preoccupied with him to see the kid running out.

“You mangy mutt! I'll show you what it means to be on fire!” The prey hissed loudly. Jay grunted as she stomped on his legs again and again. His fire just wanted to burst and he wanted to push her off, bite her front leg.

DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE.

Jay considered moving his bones past the BURNING, but if he did, he would definitely not be able to survive Master’s wrath, no matter how much he fought.

So, he let the prey wrap its tail around his neck and drag him to the platform. He squirmed and struggled not to touch the prey as he hung in the air. He could just let the prey hold him in the air, not struggling. He didn’t breathe like a human hound. But what if he stopped and she dropped him to go after the kid? At that thought, an idea came to Jay as the prey glanced back at him.

If it let him go, the drop would hurt him, but if he pulled them down, it would hurt them both.

Jay struggled, but his paws landed on the edge of the platform. He squeezed his neck (because he was not touching Dezire, she was touching him), locking her tail there, and pushed himself backward.

As he fell, he heard it do its odd sounds as it scrambled for a hold. Jay shook his body roughly, causing her lower body to shake as well. She was unable to grab onto anything before they both fell.

CRACK!

Jay felt the side of his bones break, and his fire lit, tired of holding back. His fire also attempted to heal the cracked bones in his legs and the broken bones in his side. Jay would make do with his fire burning away the scratches the prey made to his hide. A benefit of his natural form being fire. He stood up, shook his head, and limped out of the human den. When he was outside, He barked a fireball into the air.

The earth began to shake as the prey came out to face him again. Jay faced her and braced himself, fully flamed.

He had no idea what the fat thing would do and but he just needed to follow orders.

DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE. DO NOT LET ANY HARM COME TO TAMIL

And protect the kid. Jay sniffed the air. The kid that was still nearby. Jay tensed. He NEEDED to get the kid out of there.

Who cared about the prey?

Dezire tried her hardest to teach the dog a lesson, but she wasn’t sure how to tell if she was succeeding. But apparently, she wasn’t doing so very well, as the dog was still struggling in her grasp. The canine’s struggling made her leg muscles finch and flex, causing her to slip a little and distract her from properly dealing with her enemy. The dog then began to do some suspicious stuff, and she tried to stop the hound from moving around, but it was too late. The hound began moving and jerking, then she slipped off the edge of the platform. With a gasp, Dezire tried to hang on the edge, nervous hisses flying out of her mouth as her claws scraped the metal.

But the weight was too much for her. As the claws lost the grip, Dezire felt gravity do its work and pull her and the demon dog to the ground. She let out a startled roar as she flipped over to her paws, and in several long seconds, the demon landed on the ground with a pained roar. She rolled into a wall with an abrupt motion, wrenching another pained roar out of her as she was reminded once again of the glass that was embedded in her leg. How was she supposed to fight and run with an injury like this?

No matter. She didn’t have time to try and take it out. She had to deal with the damn dog that invaded her territory.

“Get back here you mangy mutt,” Dezire hissed to herself as she got on her paws again. She padded out the warehouse in the same direction as the dog, but right when she stepped foot, the ground shook all around her.

Now what?

“Dezire! You won’t get away with what you did last time!”

Oh fucking great. Tamil, again. Didn’t she deal with him the day before? And he’s all healed up like nothing happened? How? Wonderful, like she didn’t have any problems of her own to deal with. So now she had two active enemies? Or was it still just Tamil? Dezire backed away a little before making a move to pace back and forth as Tamil came forth into the property again.

“You are so irritating. Piss off! I don’t know how dense you are, but you can clearly see that I tore you to shreds yesterday. Don’t think I won’t do it again! And this time, I’ll make sure you die!” Dezire snarled as she launched herself at the demon once more. Her speed was a bit slower thanks to her injury, but that wasn’t going to stop her from trying to eliminate her enemy. She wasn’t sure if any of her enemies knew of her leg injury, but she wasn’t going to let them know if that was the case.

With a hiss and a shake of her tail, Dezire jumped on top of a stone structure to get above the green ogreish demon, then leaped up to land on his head. Tamil growled and swung his large bludgeon upward and horizontally to block her attack. Dezire hissed and swatted at him a few times, managing to catch his face once before being grabbed by the neck like before. She opened her mouth as if to bite the demon like last time, but this time, Tamil smirked and made lightning cover his hand. In a flash, electricity surrounded Dezire and shocked the serpentine demon with crackles and zapping noises. She roared and hissed in pain as she felt the hand squeeze her neck tighter, choking her while she was being shocked by the lightning. He then threw her down into a pile of metal, where she let out a loud hissing roar in pain. She barely landed on her feet, but the pain was more than she expected. Her limbs struggled to keep her weight as she put her paws underneath her body, eyes glaring at the demon ahead of her.

Tamil snorted and made lightning appear on his hands again, eventually spreading to the end of his weapon before slamming it into the ground. Electricity cracked across the ground, forcing the serpentine demon to move faster and leap somewhere else. Landing on a pillar of stone, Dezire made sure she was a distance away from the lightning-wielding demon.

How annoying. She can’t hurt the ogreish demon if he wouldn’t let her close. She hated long distance attacks. And he somehow got a little better with his attacks too.

“Hahahah! What’s wrong Dezire? Can’t get close to me?” the demon taunted. An angry hiss forced its way out Dezire’s throat as she glared at the enemy. How dare he taunt her like that! She’d make him sorry to open his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~​

“This is insane! I can’t be here anymore!” Tabitha said as she hid in a dirty car like the one she hid in the night before. It was still soaking wet, and filled with water, making her wet all over again. Great. She watched a little bit of the fight - giant cat-snake things and large giants that look like ogre wannabes…. That throws lightning around like rocks! What the heck did she get herself into? She just wanted to have money for a sandwich….. Now she’s talking to big fire dogs and running away from…. Whatever that thing was… And where was the woman? Did she know this thing was here and left her to be eaten by it? Uncool. Shady bitch was totally on the list of people that she hated from now on.

As the fight dragged on, Tabitha whimpered and thought about how she should get out of the area. She was going to go home, and she wasn’t getting anywhere sitting here being trapped by everything. And as she moved to exit the car, Tabitha slipped and accidentally slammed her foot on the horn, making the vehicle blare its loud and obnoxious horn. Apparently, the mechanism had jammed itself a little, for it still made noise even after she lifted her foot off it.

“Ahhh! Stop making noise! Shhhh, shut up!” Tabitha cried out as she tried to figure out a way to stop the horn with frantic energy.

“Grrr. Make that noise stop!” the young girl heard a voice growl out over the horn. Thankfully, the horn stopped itself. But not before the large green thing made its way towards the young girl. “Oh no…. That’s just great,” Tabitha said with a small whimper as she tried her best to hide from the large thing.

“Hmmm…. So you’re the one who made the noise last time…. Looks like I’m going to have a little snack to have back home,” the green man said as he reached out to the girl with his big green hand. Tabitha looked on with wide fearful eyes, her mind screaming for her to move.

But she was frozen in fear. Even so, she screamed out loud.

“NO! Leave me alone!”

~~~~~~~~~​

A loud noise blared and rattled Dezire’s ears for a moment. She covered her ears with her paws as she rolled in the dirt, hoping that the sound would go away. What was making that…? Oh no… That girl was still here? Dezire never noticed that she was still in the area, and now that she’s been noticed, the little girl was in danger. But what did she care about a human girl…..

No. Even though she didn’t like humans very much, she wasn’t about to let this female be hurt by the hands of that oaf. With a snarl, Dezire launched herself forward with a roar, rushing to the girl’s defense. She leaped up and dug her claws into Tamil’s flesh as she scaled his back, forcing a shout of pain out of his mouth before she opened her mouth, flashed her fangs in his peripheral vision, and embedded them into his shoulder. She heard the demon cry out in pain and fear, frantically reaching over his shoulder to snatch the snake demon off him. She retaliated with hard slaps on the side of his head, and she began to feel the world shift back and forth as the large demon moved around - he was stumbling around, which wasn’t good. In his panic, Tamil roared and slammed his weapon on the car the girl was in, making her fly halfway out of the contraption.

'Damn you Tamil,' Dezire thought with a huff.

“Dezire! You won’t get away with what you did last time!” Jay paused as he heard the fat thing’s voice as it landed. It could talk? It could talk, and it had Master talk for it. Jay would have to reveal that later. Right now, he needed to find the kid. When the prey lunged forward, Jay started to run back into the human den, until the pain hit him.

Jay yelped as his body winced in pain. He growled at his right side, which in his mind included his cracking snout. It was then that he saw the prey scratch the fat thing’s face.

DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE. DO NOT LET ANY HARM COME TO TAMIL.

Jay shuddered as the commands BURNED. If he went and attacked Dezire, or threw a fireball, he would be following orders. Jay turned back to the human den, still BURNING. He had to find the kid.

A bright light filled the area, blinding Jay, further increasing his pain. Jay whined as he closed his BURNING eyes. The pain had increased his senses because everything hurt, and everything was a threat. But not the kid. He had to find the kid. Jay finally made it into the human den, BURNING, in pain, and if the fat thing made one more bright light he was going to help the prey kill it, damn his orders. Jay shook his head and focused, he had to find the kid.

He sniffed around, looking for a tangy airy scent. He found it, leading back outside. Jay followed it out and saw that it led to more of the human-made metal things. He saw the one the kid was in; well she was trying to get out of it. Good, she wouldn’t mind if he helped just a bit. He started going towards it.

HOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOooooooOONK!!!

Jay yelped and seized once more as the blunt cry assaulted his ears. It rang in his head over and over again. It was not like Master’s heavy voice, but it was grating. Jay pawed his ears a bit to get rid of the echoing noise. When the ringing in his ears finally subsided, he looked up.

DO NOT TOUCH DEZIRE. DO NOT LET ANY HARM COME TO TAMIL.

Once again, his orders BURNED as he saw Dezire bite the fat thing. Jay whimpered and flinched. Master might just kill him. At least the fat thing would be dead too. The fat thing that slammed his weapon onto the human-made metal thing the kid was in.

“AAAHHHH!”

The kid screamed as she flew out of the human-made metal thing. Her scream cooled the burn of his orders with a numb empty feeling. The sharp contrast of BURNING and whatever that scream made inside him kicked Jay to move. He ran past the fat thing and the prey, and towards the kid.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOG? She bit me!” Jay ignored the fat thing’s cries and jumped towards the kid. He dimmed his fire, covering himself in his hide mid-jump. The falling water made the kid’s hold slip, but Jay caught her.

“Oof!” She groaned as she landed on him and he landed onto the ground. Her scent was fully tangy and he felt her heartbeat running. She was gripping onto him tightly. He growled lowly.

“DOG!” The kid jumped and looked to the fat thing as it roared. She started shaking as she fell off of him. Jay growled at the fat thing. “Forget the human kid and let’s GO!” The fat thing roared and clapped its hands. Jay quickly covered the kid with his body.

BOOOOOOOMMMMM!

This clap shook the earth and pushed things, including the prey away from the fat thing. Jay braced himself enough to not move, but he felt the cracks on his damaged right side split further. After the shaking stopped, Jay looked up. The fat thing was glaring at him, but there was fear in its eyes and rancid smell.

“You useless dog! She bit me! I want to see Abaddon now!” Jay’s bones BURNED, but Jay still growled. He was in pain already, what did it matter if there was more.

“Buddy?” Jay looked back at the kid. He moved her hair with his snout and blew on her gently. He would be fine. She was okay for now. Hopefully, the prey was injured enough to leave her alone.

“DOG!” Jay turned back to the fat thing and ran to it. When Jay was close enough to the fat thing, he reignited his fire a deep red and sunk them to the abyss below.

Anger. It was really all that Dezire felt in this moment. It was what she was feeling for a good period now. Blood decorated her white fangs and soaked her tongue as she heard her victim roar and shake around in pain. But she didn’t care. Soon enough, this big oaf was going to die, and she’d be rid of this fat excuse of a demon.

She held fast for a moment longer before she instinctively pulled back and released his shoulder - being a snake creature, it was innate knowledge and wisdom to not bite prey for too long. Especially when they tended to struggle. She was content with just shaking around until she saw the demon dog interact with the human child. Her mind went from her focus on Tamil to the scene that she was witnessing. Since when were humans friendly with demon dogs? And since when were demon dogs friendly with humans? The thought brought up many questions… Questions that -

A thunderous sound vibrated Dezire’s bones as Tamil clapped his hands. She was suddenly shaken and thrown off her quarry by a powerful force, which made her fly back into a stone pillar. With a strained hiss, Dezire fell back to the ground, but she didn’t land on her paws this time around. The throw jostled her vision again, and she struggled to see her enemies once again retreating. Oh not this time! With a lunge, the serpentine’s fangs flashed once again, but as before, she was met with nothing.

Frustrated beyond belief, Dezire let out a fierce roar, scratching and slapping and stomping on the ground angrily. When she was finished, she looked up to see the human girl frozen and watching her, as if she couldn’t see her hiding. A low hiss flew out Dezire’s mouth when she saw her - this was all her fault wasn’t it? She approached the little girl, who then began shuffling backwards and crying out in fear again. Humph, like she’d fall for that again. She was in cahoots with the other wandering demons… She was with Abaddon wasn’t she? Why hadn’t she attacked her? What was she waiting for? An opening? This would be the best time, honestly.

“Wh…. What do you want?” the girl cried. Dezire didn’t say a word. She was still trying to figure out what to do with the girl. She put a paw up and pressed down on the girl’s chest, claws pricking on the soft skin as a wordless threat that she could kill the girl if she wanted to. It was so easy to press into the weak flesh…. So why weren’t they fighting back? Demons don’t concede to death so easily. Was it a bluff? A bet that she wouldn’t do it. ‘Don’t be so sure, you cocky little....’ Dezire hissed in her head. She pressed in a little harder, making the girl cry out in pain.

“Please, you’re hurting me! Let go! Let me go, please!” the girl cried.

Dezire flicked her tail as thoughts swirled in her head. It didn’t make sense. Why wasn’t she fighting back? A spell. An attack. A call. Something…. Anything. Unless…. This really was a little girl. How to tell?! Killing her would be the best idea if she was really a demon. And if she was, she was really trying to sell it as a human. It was very good. But maybe…. Maybe if she kept the demon alive, she could be able to figure out some sort of information about Abbadon…. Something that can give her the edge. Dezire lifted her paw off the girl’s chest, a loud and frightened sound of shaky and uneasy relief coming out the girl’s mouth. But Dezire wasn’t going to let her off that easy. As she turned around, her long prehensile tail wrapped around the girl’s waist.

“Ah! What are you doing?! Let me go! Help!” the girl cried out, but Dezire turned her head and glared at the girl, making her shut her lips rather quickly. With a snort, the demon dashed out of the dirt yard and further into the city. The girl gasped and leaned in close, wrapping her hands around Dezire’s neck as best as she could. Moving as careful as she could, Dezire made her way towards the inner city through the dark back-ways of the place. Soon, they’d be going underground. It was time for a relocation, no thanks to the mutt and the girl.

‘Gotta find a new place to stay. Have to rest. Then it will be time to think about my future. And Abaddon.’

Abaddon swayed to the howls and weeping of the tortured souls below. The sharp obsidian spires glittered as the burning flames of the lakes swayed with him. He was, content. Not pleased or satisfied, he could not be either until he saw the above and those filthy clay humans burn in his flames. But he was content enough at this moment to watch the sparks of those clay humans suffer.

“ABADDON!” Abaddon froze at Tamil’s obnoxious voice that boomed with the entering heat. “Abaddon!” Abaddon clenched his hands, the symphony went silent.

“Yes, Tamil?” Abaddon drawled slowly but he did not turn to the hideous buffoon.

“She bit me! Your useless hound,” Abaddon heard the hound whelp as it was picked up and thrown. It landed before Abaddon. Abaddon faced the hound. It struggled to a standing position, and there were new cracks along its right side. “Did nothing but follow a useless human child! Now I've been bitten, and I might die because of your hound. Our deal is off and I demand,” Abaddon had enough of Tamil’s vapid prattle. In a blink, he appeared before Tamil, enlarged with his hand around Tamil’s throat. Abaddon squeezed it tightly.

“You demand?” Abaddon leaned close to Tamil. “Wormwood,” Abaddon called the halfling as Tamil struggled in his grip.

“Y-y-yes, sire,” The pathetic halfling stuttered.

“Was it not I, that demanded my hound to protect Tamil? To not let Dezire touch him?” Abaddon did not face Wormwood. He focused on the fool in his grasp.

“Yes, sire.”

“Did I not do this for my guest that was too injured to do so?” Abaddon sneered as he lifted Tamil. Tamil began kicking, his fat legs joining his squirming arms.

“Yes, f-f-for you are most generous sire.”

“That I am. But it seems that our guest,” Abaddon squeezed Tamil’s throat tighter. He wheezed as his struggling increased. “Has decided to take advantage of my generosity.” Abaddon leaned close to Tamil, his flames lashing at Tamil’s legs. Rancid sweat flowed down Tamil’s brow.

“You think you have the right to demand anything in MY domain?” The obsidian around them began to shake and the lakes stilled. “You think that you could FOOL ME?” A spire jutted out of the obsidian wall across from them. “You, a lazy fat FOOL! With the hand holding Tamil’s neck, Abaddon threw Tamil into the spire, puncturing his shoulder.

“ARR-” Abaddon appeared and before Tamil and cut off his scream with a hand covering his mouth.

“Let me enlighten you.” Abaddon grabbed Tamil’s hand. “You see, when Dezire envenoms someone, it kills them slowly, making them fade into the useless vapor they are. Like smoke. Like this.” Abaddon removed the hand covering Tamil’s mouth as his other hand lit on fire. Tamil’s hand was quickly consumed by flames, dark green smoke rising from the flames.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Abaddon was almost pleased with Tamil’s wail of pain and the way the dark green vapor curled into the abyss before disappearing. For a moment, Abaddon entertained the idea of letting his flames free. Having some fun with this useless arrogant thing, but Abaddon had not broken a deal yet. He would not let something like Tamil break that. Abaddon stopped his flames. A shriveled crisp of a hand was between them. Abaddon brought another hand out and touched the crisp. Tamil flinched as the crisp evaporated into the same dark green smoke.

“Did you see any vapor of such after Dezire bit you?” Tamil shook his head. “Therefore, she did not envenom you. You are in no danger, you may have been harmed, but you did take advantage of the care I gave you by lying to me about the severity of your wounds.” Abaddon shook his head. “I cannot let such rudeness pass in my domain.” Abaddon let go of the handless arm. “And while I know that this may seem a bit much, but not only did you lie about your wounds, you proceeded to watch me do what you could have easily done yourself.” Abaddon shook his head and the spire sunk back into the wall. Though, he held Tamil up by pressing a hand onto the punctured shoulder, holding Tamil in place.

“AH!” Tamil gasped in pain.

“I do not enjoy teaching you so harshly, my friend. I want to continue our deal, but you must understand the gift that is my generosity. For I can be very,” Abaddon lifted Tamil by the neck and brought him close. Very cruel.”

“I, I, understand, sire.” Tamil choked out. Abaddon nodded.

“Good,” And dropped Tamil. The ground shook as Tamil hit the obsidian cliff. “Wormwood,” Abaddon turned to the halfling.

“Y-y-y-yes sire?”

“Please escort Tamil to a restoration area,” Abaddon commanded. The halfling bowed shakily.

“Y-yes, sire.” Wormwood quickly stood back up and went to the heap that was Tamil. He dragged the wandering djinn up and proceeded to escort him out of Abaddon’s domain. Abaddon followed a bit, but he stayed near the hound, who was still shakily standing, braced and ready. When Abaddon did not feel Wormwood or Tamil’s presence, he spoke.

“Today hound,” Abaddon turned to the hound. The symphony of howls and weeping filled the atmosphere once again. The hound growled lowly at the new sound but did not move. “You are spared my wrath.” Abaddon snapped. A green restoration flame engulfed the hound. “For I need you to finish my deal tomorrow.” Abaddon turned to where Tamil was dragged off. “I need you to FINISH TAMIL.” Abaddon sneered. Then he turned back to the hound. The wall of obsidian, stained red with Tamil’s blood, glowed against the light of the green fire. Abaddon hummed.

“And bring me back his antlers. I think they would be good for decorating.”

Last edited:
Hours had gone by since the moment Dezire decided to take the human with her, and it was going just as she expected - horrible. Her being colder than she preferred made her slower than usual, making the trip a lot longer - not to mention her new cargo. There were many close calls, which just kept draining her emotionally and mentally. It took her ages to safely navigate the human streets undetected. It was also hard to move stealthily with a body in tow. Eventually, she had finally relocated out of the concrete and steel jungle and into a secluded area… it was what they called ‘rural’, if she could bother to accurately remember. The area was a short distance away from the main city. It was still part of the city, but in a way, it wasn’t. Turns out, there was another place that was abandoned, and the scents led to the conclusion that it had been for a long time. But there was also another strong scent that nearly overwhelmed her senses. It damn near made her dizzy, and she struggled to not get sick.
Taking it all in, Dezire hypothesized the area being some sort of…. Place where humans worked to build something. She’d seen them doing this over the years, but never watched it in extension. It was so big, a large and somewhat tall structure that was apparently unfinished at some point for some reason.
A lot of human things were used that seemed to be used in making the structure, and most of the walls were thankfully built before they stopped working on it. Large pieces of material blew in the wind, making flapping noises that irritated her a little. But she managed to get the girl off her back, and… persuaded her to move up the stairs. As the little girl walked into the broken down building, Dezire managed to get up at her own pace. She used a lot of her leftover strength to do so, and it was a rather high walk - or it felt like it was a high walk, where she could be away from the noxious scents from the other side of the building. Her senses forced her to still smell it with an added strength, but at least she wasn’t fully breathing it in. She looked behind her to see a large pile of poles, sheets of metal, tables, and cans of colored liquid and cylinder cans. All of the air surrounding that area just made her head spin, and she was happy to be away from it.

Her mind was at ease for the moments she had in relative silence. Her original plan was to go underground, but she didn’t realize that the human holes that led underground were too small for her beastly form. While she could’ve easily done so in her human form at any given time, that would mean that she would have to shift in front of the girl, and until she was proven to be a pure human, she refused to reveal herself. So she settled for something that was distant from humans, yet still part of the city. It was quiet, - much more so than the warehouse she had stayed in. But the downside was that there were a lot of open gaps - windows, broken ceilings, the overall vulnerability to the elements. It was a bit worse than the warehouse, but she had to make do with what she had. Her priority was to get well enough to move properly.

After settling in a spot, Dezire had herself in a corner that was the most stable that she could pick out. No use laying on unstable stone. She looked up at her surroundings, and sighed. It wasn’t what she really wanted, but she had to make do with what she could. She thanked the emptiness above that Abaddon wasn’t able to see her in this state. She would be shamed and taunted to all hell. A sound made Dezire look up and turn her head around. The girl began whimpering and shaking like a lost animal in her little corner, and it just made her irritated. A part of Dezire wanted to say something to the young thing, but she wasn’t sure what to say - she very rarely had never had any human interactions. Why did she take her along again? A sighing hiss exited her mouth in exasperation. Why was she acting so reckless? She had no idea of how to take care of humans - what was she supposed to do with this one? But she refused to let that big mouthed, clumsy blob of a demon, Tamil to lay his grubby fingers on her. Another sound came from the little girl, making her flick her tail with irritation. But she tilted her head a little in curiosity, genuinely wondering what that was.

“S-sorry… It’s just my stomach. I’m hungry. What, your stomach doesn’t growl or something?” the girl said in a snarky tone. It was enough to make Dezire hiss slowly at the girl and turn her head to lay it down. Hmm…. Food. She forgot that they needed constant sustenance. So she supposed that she had to go out and hunt for the girl. If she was to stay with her, she was going to have to give her a reason to.

Jay paced in his pit. He felt better. The green fire burned his jaw together and his side ribs lost their cracks. He felt good, but he was stuck in the pit with nothing to FIGHT. He clawed the black stone until he chipped his paws. So, he was left pacing. The pit was punishment for letting the prey bite the fat thing. But Master would have BURNED him if Master was really mad. So why this? There was a ripple in the air, and heat began rising behind him. Jay growled and faced the heat. Instead of a figure, the smoke formed a shape. Jay could see the lining of Master’s cliff on the other side. He could hear the ringing screams and wails from Master’s fire waters. He could smell Master’s char and the rancid smell of the fat thing.

It was a trap, he knew this. But he needed to FIGHT, So, he bolted forwarded. He leaped through the ring of smoke. When he landed on the other side of the smoke ring, the ring dispersed and covered his eyes. Jay growled and shook his head violently, trying to make the smoke leave his eyes. He felt something come towards him. he quickly faced whatever was in front of him, bracing himself and snapped at it. The scent of char hit him as did the back of Master’s hand. Jay felt himself skid across the black stone cliff, but the smoke left his eyes.

SIT.

Jay growled and shook, his bones BURNING. He struggled to stand, but the BURNING increased, pushing him down. Jay sat down, slowly.

“See Tamil, he is trained.”
Master gestured to Jay. Jay glared at Master and then he looked at the fat thing. It was still missing a limb and was glaring back at him. Jay sat up straighter.

“Does it know not to chase humans and actually help?”
The fat thing sneered. Jay stayed silent as Master came close.

“Hmm.” Jay’s spine tingled at Master’s hum. “I can do something about that.”

DON'T MOVE.

Jay trembled as his bones BURNED. Master grabbed Jay’s snout. Jay whimpered and struggled to get his head to move back, away, anything. He couldn’t MOVE. Not even his paws. His fire expanded to push Master away. Yet, Master still came toward him. Jay’s whimpers became cries as his nails dug into the stone underneath him. He didn’t want to fight or disobey. He just had to GET AWAY.

Master dug his fingers into Jay’s eye sockets.

Jay cried and whimpered as the image of the kid turned to ash. He saw her pouting face, her shivering soaked body, her strong voice, burn, Burn, BURN. It all turned to ash, and, and……………………

Jay fell.

The ash that filled his vision did not soften the ground. But it filled his ears, protecting them from the screams and wails in the space around him. Where was he? It filled his mouth and nose, tasting and smelling overwhelmingly like char. Why was char important? Why was it bad?

SIT.

Jay went into a sitting position at the clear voice's command. He looked to the voice. Master bad, something told him. But why was Master bad? He was the only thing besides ash.

“I, I, I thought memory burning was illegal,” something in the ash stuttered. Master, big fiery red and smelling like char, like the ash, turned to it. He began rubbing his fingers together as he grew larger.

“Is that so? You think, it’s illegal? Hmm,” Master hummed and Jay felt, why was he feeling? There was only ash. It was ash moving along his spine, right?

“I think,” Jay focused on Master’s clear voice. “You should tell no one what happened or you will lose another limb. Is that clear?”

“Yes sire,” the thing answered Master.

“Good. Plus, this is a good thing. Now you can be assured the hound’s complete obedience since it only knows you and I.” Master pointed to him, Jay. He was the hound. He had to obey. Why? Jay shook his head as the ash began to feel heavy and dirty and wrong. He didn’t like the ash. He needed to get rid of it.

STOP.

Jay BURNED as he shook his head. If he was burning that meant more ash, right? He couldn’t be burning. He stopped moving, the BURNING stopped.

“See? Now go find another limb so you can resume your hunt. I will retrain the hound as needed.”

“Yes, sire.” The thing, it looked big and fat as it went further into the dark ash.

“And Tamil?” The fat thing froze and Master faced it. “Tell anyone what you saw, and it will not be Dezire you need to fear.” A tangy scent sparked through the char. Jay growled, trying to rid it from his nose. The smell grew.

“Y-y-yes sire.”

“See you soon Tamil.” Master chuckled as the fat thing left. Ash moved down Jay’s back again. Master turned to him. “Here we go again, you stupid and useless dog.”

Food. Humans ate food. They needed it for sustenance. That meant that the kid needed to eat as a result. Shouldn’t be too hard, right? Wrong. In the city, a lot of strange and dangerous humans lurked in the corridors of the territory. And to avoid being detected, Dezire had to use more and more of her energy to make those extra steps to hide herself. And it was hard as hell to hide efficiently when one was as big as several humans. But after scenting the air for a moment, Dezire managed to stalk somebody long enough before they found something to eat. From what they called a store, if she was correct. A small one, nothing too grand. But when the human came out, they had what she assumed was food. It smelled like food. So, when the human began walking back the way they came, Dezire waited until the human walked someplace where it would be safe for her to strike. It took a while, but it was manageable.

With a sharp hiss, Dezire hoped to lure the human into the alleyway with her, so she wouldn’t attract too much attention. The man looked wary, but curious at the same time. In the spur of the moment, Dezire decided to throw in a small cry in the mix. She wasn’t sure if the ploy would work, but she had to try. Maybe the human would be compelled enough to try and help? She gave another cry and a sniff - or something close to it - hoping that the human would come closer.

“Hello?”

Hmmm…. So it was working, even if a little. She began muttering words to let him hear, but words that made sense to the human. That’s it. Come a little closer.

“H-Hello? Is anyone there? Can I -”

Dezire snatched the human up before they could see her in the darkness. She beat them unconscious, careful to not accidentally kill them. While humans didn’t appeal to her very much, she didn’t want any drama with the superior demons. She had enough to deal with no thanks to Abaddon. She put the human in the stinky waste box, and took the bag of goodies and draped it down her neck. There. She didn’t have to actually hold it. Thank fucking god that the bag was large enough to even go past her head. With that out of the way, Dezire was finally free to go back to the site with the girl.

~~~~~~~~​

“God, I can’t believe this is happening to me! I want to go home…. But I have no idea how to get back home. I don’t know how to go anywhere!” Tabitha shouted at the top of her lungs. Being alone for who knows how long could make anyone frustrated and nervous. That snake…. Beast left her a while ago, and she didn’t know where it went or when it was coming back. It wasn’t like she could talk to it anyway. Imagine that thing speaking actual words.

But why did it take her from the warehouse? Why did it even look at her? Wasn’t it pissed at her days ago for taking the blanket? Why would it need a blanket anyway? It had fur didn’t it? Uuugh too many questions - too many to think about on an empty stomach. She hadn’t eaten in days at this point. If she knew this would happen to her after leaving her wretched family members, she just might’ve stayed with them. Nothing they could’ve done would have been worse than this. Tabitha’s stomach growled even louder than earlier, and this time, it was accompanied by a light stomach ache. Great. She was going to starve out here in some strange city. No…. She could always turn herself in… She’d have food to eat, and someplace to sleep. She was freezing without anything to sleep in. But she hated her family members! She never knew them, and she knew they didn’t want to take care of her. She never wants to go back with them ever!

… But how would she be able to go back to that nice lady who took care of her?

“I hate it. I hate my life. I want to go home….” Tabitha cried as she shivered in the corner. But Tabitha only had a few minutes to cry before she heard heavy footsteps approach the building. It was the beast - it had to be. Tabitha whimpered as the large creature padded its way up the stairs, where it looked around before spying the young human in her corner. The serpentine creature stared at Tabitha for a few seconds before walking up to her, and the young girl covered her eyes as she tried to keep herself as small as possible. The creature didn’t make any sort of noise that sounded aggressive, but she didn’t want to risk it.

When nothing happened for a moment, Tabitha peeked behind her hands to see the large beast standing over her. Tabitha’s heart sank to her feet at the sight of the creature with a…. Bag around its neck. What was it doing?

“Ummm…. H-hi?” Tabitha squeaked. What did it want? Surely if it wanted to eat her right now it would’ve done so days ago. So….?

The beast then pointed its claw to the bag hanging from its neck, and it was then that Tabitha understood… It wanted her to take the bag - right? What was in the bag? She then saw small red words printed on the bag:

Quickie Mart

…. Did the beast go shopping? No, impossible… Nobody in their right mind would see this monster and let it get food in their building. Tabitha reached out to the bag, but apparently, she was taking too long because the beast then hissed and slashed the bag open with its claws. Tabitha gasped as she instinctively tried to save the multiple items as they came out - chips, a sandwich, a soda… And a pack of cigarettes? Okay, so…. What was going on? Was it…. Feeding her? Surely snakes didn’t eat sandwiches… or smoke cigarettes.

“Ummm…. Thanks? I guess,” Tabitha said quietly as she sat down to open her newly acquired food. She tried to eat the food as civilized as possible, but her hunger got the best of her and she scarfed it down rather quickly, despite the audience in front of her. Halfway through the sandwich, a voice spoke to her.

“Some appetite you have there.”

Tabitha froze in her tracks. What… Was that? Oh please….. Let that be an angel of some sort.

“Yes, you heard right. Over here,” the voice prompted. Tabitha slowly turned her head to see the large beast laying in its own corner. The voice sounded female, even though it was butchered thanks to its thick hissing accent. Tabitha’s eyes widened in shock, and she nearly choked on her food when she swallowed it down in the middle of a short gasp. Nope… No it wasn’t an angel.

“You… y-you can -”

“Yes, I can talk…. Like you didn’t know that. And I can do a lot more, as you’ve seen,” the beast hissed with a flick of its tail. Tabitha was confused and frightened. Didn’t she just say something about this thing talking? Why was it talking?

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Tabitha said slowly and surely. She was going to die today wasn’t she?

“Don’t act cute with me! Tell me, are you acting alone, or did he send you?” the beast asked. Utterly confused, Tabitha shook her head as she wracked her brain for context. What was this beast talking about? Why was it talking at all? Oh no, she was going insane.

The beast then got up on all four paws….. Well, three and a half, and walked a little closer to the little girl. She whimpered as she dropped her sandwich, silently pleading with whoever was above to keep her from being eaten.

“You and that damn demon have been working together! So, what? Tamil would send up here to scout me out, then you’d tell him about where I was? Don’t lie! You and that mangy mutt were way too friendly for my tastes. Don’t think for a second that I didn’t see you with it yesterday!!” it snarled. Fumbling for answers, Tabitha cried a little. She was so confused and lost and afraid. What could she even say to make it change its mind. It seemed to make its mind up about her. Wait… Did it say ‘mangy mutt’? Did it say ‘demon’?! Was it talking about the giant fire dog?

“Do you mean…. Buddy? The big dog that was helping me get away from….” She stopped herself and looked down. That wasn’t the best move, as the large creature snarled and drew itself closer to Tabitha’s shivering form.

“Buddy? You nicknamed it? Not a very fitting name I must say… And it was helping you with what?” the snake creature asked incredulously. Tabitha shook her head in uneasy defiance, which only served to anger the snake even more. “Answer me, or you’ll bleed out where you sit! The more you stall, the more I think it necessary to protect myself from you,” the beast hissed. The statement made her whimper, but she also felt a hint of frustration and anger within her. Why does this thing feel the need to protect itself? What did it think she was?

“I… It was trying to protect me from… You…. It didn’t like when you trapped me in that room,” Tabitha stated in as clear as a voice as possible. The snake thing hissed loudly as it lifted its head, tail rattling and flicking around with that she could only see as irritation. “I… I-I didn't ask for it to come! I don’t even know how it found me. Please, you have to believe me!” the scared girl pleaded.

The snake hissed loudly before flicking its tail once again. “Humph…. Why should I? No human associates with those hounds. You think that I’m going to believe the words that come out your mouth, without any real proof that you’re human?” The creature snarled. Tabitha frantically swallowed her heart back down as she raced to think of a way to prove her innocence. “Okay, okay. Um, how about I answer questions that you think that a demon wouldn’t know. Surely, a human has to know things about their own kind, right?” Tabitha said with a shuddering smile. “And if I get them wrong, then you can… Kill me…” the girl said with a growing confidence that she tried her best to hide. She just agreed to kill herself over this beast asking her questions, but, considering the fact that she’s been a human all her life, it will be very easy. The beast leaned its head back and tilted its head, tail flicking back and forth like a feline would as if thinking about the proposal.

“Okay, demon, I’ll play your little game. I’ll ask you questions about what I’ve learned about humans and their world, and you will answer them. If you get any of them wrong, you will die. It’ll only serve to pleasure me even more when I bite into you,” The demon said as it sat down on its haunches. Once it said that, Tabitha suddenly felt all her confidence shrivel faster than a dying tree. Any question regarding humans should be easy, but something within her just didn’t trust it all the way. Some sort of foreboding dread just settled within her, as if her own body just knew that she set herself up for failure. She just prayed that wasn’t the case.

“First question.” The beast started to say. “Humans have terms for the earthly phenomena that happens every year. When the surroundings change and the humans have to change along with it. What is this called?” the beast asked. Tabitha was puzzled with the question, but she tried her hardest to understand. ‘Phenomena’? What word was that? But…. Surroundings that change…. And the humans change with it…? Surroundings? The weather? No, that was every day….

“Well?” the beast asked.

Tabitha scoured her brain a little more before answering. “Is it… The seasons?” the young child questioned.

“Was that a question, or a statement?” it asked. Tabitha flinched; it reminded her of her mother when she asked certain questions. Quickly shoving those memories down, she inhaled a little before she nodded her head.

“It's a statement. The answer is ‘the seasons’.”

The creature tilted its head before sighing a little. “Correct. Next question. The humans tend to change with the various seasons. But what are they called? And I’d like for you to start from the first one in the beginning of the human year,” The beast added. Tabitha felt her confidence rise a little more. Were all these questions about the seasons? If so, then she had this in the bag.

“The first one is named ‘Spring’. Then it’s Summer, Fall, and Winter,” Tabitha answered with confidence.

“The humans often use another word for “Fall”. What do the humans call it?" The beast followed up.

“They….We… Call it “Autumn”.” Tabitha said with a nod of her head.

The serpentine beast hissed with a low growl thrown in there. But if Tabitha was going to keep getting these questions, then this would be the best idea that she ever had.

“Humans have a lot of days to work with - 420 of them in fact. Which day is the day that humans praise their higher entities?” the beast asked. Tabitha was going to fumble around with the question, but she was quick to detect the glaring error within it. How many days did the beast say? Was that supposed to be a trick question?

“Umm…. I-I don’t know where you got that number, but…. We don’t have that many days in the year. We only have 365 days in the calendar year… 366 if you count the leap years,” The young girl said as she fiddled with her fingers. The beast seemed to look puzzled, which should be impossible considering that a snake’s face was known for their inability to convey emotion. A huff of air exited the serpentine’s nostrils, which made her unsure if it was smart to even say that extra bit of information. If that was the case, it shouldn’t be her fault for such a vague question. Both were the correct answer - even if the latter was more situational than the former answer.

“...Correct…. Next question. How old are you?” the serpentine creature asked. Tabitha blinked, the question catching her off guard. This question was not what she was expecting. And besides, why would this thing want to know her age? What would that accomplish?

“I…. I don’t see how my age -”

“So…. You’re withdrawing from your deal? You aren’t going….” the beast rose up and stalked closer to the girl, eyes glowing ominously as its tongue flicked between its scaly lips, “.... to answer my question? You ready to be ssssssilenced?” the snake hissed lowly.

Oh no. About to die. Take it back, take it back! “N-n-n-no! I’m sorry! I’ll answer!” Tabitha cried.

“Then answer it, or I’ll be forced to believe that you’re stalling. Say it! Now!”

“Alright! I’m thirteen! I’m thirteen years old! You happy?” Tabitha blurted out. She flinched almost immediately - she thought she saw the snake’s eyes narrow oh ever so slightly.

“Watch your tongue. Or I’ll bite it off. Final question. Why are you out here? Where are your parents? You humans often have someone watching you. At least you younger ones.” the snake beast asked. Tabitha looked into the snake’s eyes, her mind refusing to give in to the demands of the question. But if she didn’t answer, she would surely die. That was the deal. The deal that she made on her own. But Tabitha had begun to hate herself for making it.

“Can’t we… Do you have any other question? This one’s kinda personal,” the young girl asked feebly. The snake hissed lowly and tapped its claw into the cement. Tabitha gulped lightly - she probably should stop questioning the questions.

“One more time. You have one more time to deny answering me, or else, darkness will be the last thing you'll ever see. Tell me, where are your parents?” the beast pressed again.

Tabitha cowered in her corner, hands clenching around her legs as she stared ahead. Her mind went into the past, pulling the terrible events that set off this entire mishap of her life. “I…. My parents… Aren’t here anymore…. They’re…. Gone.”

~~~~~~~​

Gone? What did she mean by that? No, Dezire wasn’t dense. Gone meant a couple of things, but she wasn’t going to make wild guesses. “What do you mean by that?” the serpentine demon said with a hiss.

The girl shook her head. “No…. Please… I don’t want to say it.”

“Then you leave me no choice. Goodnight little girl.. Or demon. Whatever you are,” Dezire said as she walked up to the girl. The girl began sobbing louder, and shook her head frantically.

“No! Please, I don’t want to say it! I can tell you any other thing, but my parents -”

“Will be the death of you. Shame. I was beginning to believe you…” Dezire hissed with glowing eyes as she prepared her fangs for the pressure of embedding them into flesh. But the closer she got, the more the girl cried, and at first, she didn’t care for it, but something clicked within her - something that made Dezire stop. The crying. The sobbing. It sounded so familiar. Like… Dezire then stopped and looked down at the girl, who was trying her hardest to brace herself for a final breath. The crying…. This girl….. Was the one that she saw from a distance so long ago. Or was it a short time? Perception of time was so different down in Hell.

But she was her. This girl was the one who lost her parents…. Abaddon killed her parents. It was an accident…. So he said. But she knew what he did. And he forced this little girl to be all alone in the human world. While she didn’t have parental figures of her own, she’d been around humans long enough to know that the older humans often had a strong bond with their younger ones. She was alone.

Like she was.

Dezire’s eyes stopped glowing, and her narrowed slits widened back out to their relaxed state. The girl looked up at her with red eyes and secretions seeping from her face. This girl was really human. And she almost killed her. Dezire backed away a few feet, shaking her head slowly as she tried to think properly.

“I… You have…. Passed, little one. You are human after all,” Dezire said with a lower voice. The girl sniffed a little more before asking a question.

“Huh? But I didn’t answer your ques-”

“Do you want me to force you to say it?” the demon’s voice rose.

The girl shrunk down again. “N-no! I’m s-sorry. Th-thank you….” the girl said with several sniffs.

Dezire shook her head and sighed, walking across the room to lay herself down.

“I…. Eat your food. Try to sleep.” Dezire softly said. She didn’t say anything else after that - she’d traumatized the little girl enough for the night. A deep sigh hissed out from between her lips, and she just felt even more miserable than before. So she really was taking care of a human?

… She was too drained to think about it for long. After a while, the serpentine demon managed to shut out her concerns long enough to drift away in her mind.

Back