New User I am an Old Woman.

Moriah Silverleaf

Ringleader, Mastermind, Instigator of Debauchery
So, here I am.

A Spinster; an unmarried, professional woman of middle age, but I do not work the loom. Instead, I weave tales of heroic adventure, dastardly deed, triumph and tragedy. I build characters that have a reason for being, with all their flaws and fancies.

I have been involved with roleplaying since 1986. A then-boyfriend introduced me to Dungeons and Dragons; first, as the 'girlfriend of the DM' – and then, I fell in love with the concept of collective storytelling and the chance brought on by the toss of the die. I have been roleplaying ever since.

My first experience was tabletop. Dungeons and Dragons, and then 2nd Edition. I can still calculate THAC0. I did time with Uncle Sam after high school. Had a life-and-career altering incident between TDYs, During my lengthy recovery, I was still able to roleplay: First, through local dialup BBS systems. This was followed up by chat rooms on Compuserv, and then AOL. As the internet grew and technologies emerged, it became much easier to find individuals with like interests. It was then IRC, followed by more complex text-based platforms – MUSH, MUD, MUX. The latter of the three being my favorite. I've even done some light code-work for MUX. I've definitely poured in hundreds of hours building the virtual rooms through use of textual descriptions. I've been a GM as much as I have been a player; a moderator, storyteller, sphere head, plot progressor, and instigator of grand adventures. I've held feature characters for years, one of my favorite and most memorable was Emma Frost on the now-defunct Mutatis Mutandis.

I have been with the same core group of tabletop gamers since the late 1990s; we still meet about every Saturday. We've played everything from about every genre. Systems including, but not limited to, Dungeons and Dragons (Hate 4th Edition...) and Pathfinder, Deadlands, Bureau 13, GURPs, Shadowrun, Eclipse Phase, FATE – the Dresden flavor, Unknown Armies, Call of Cthulhu, all of the World of Darkness (2nd Edition Vampire: The Masquerade is my favorite), Big Eyes Small Mouth, Exalted, Spycraft, Mutants and Masterminds, Scion, Star Wars West End, Star Wars d20, Witchcraft, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, All Flesh Must Be Eaten, and a score of others.

Goodness gracious! That's quite an expansive roleplayer's curriculum vitae. I'm actually a little intimidated! :) Or at the very least, awed. I can only hope you find the kind of stories here that you're looking for. Welcome to the Storyteller's Circle, Moriah Silverleaf.

Welcome to STC.

As friend and staff member, please feel free to ask any and all questions. If I don't know the answer, I'll be sure to get them for you!

... And it looks like I was beat to the punch, but still. Welcome. I'm glad you're here. :>

Thank you.

Chances are I'll find something. Or start something. I haven't done public role playing forums in a while, so I might be a tad rusty.

Suspicious crone is suspicious. It might be a mimic disguised as a duck. To find out, we'll whack the duck a few times with an unspecified object at least thirty one feet in length. If it quacks like a duck and limps like a duck that's been thumped with said object, then it is more likely to be a duck and not a monster impersonating a duck.

Assuming, of course, that it isn't a particularly determined mimic. Or a polymorphed party member who has had the misfortune of waddling their web-footed self into your line of sight.

It's most definitely a monster impersonating a duck.

But the duck is cute and the monster is just misunderstood.

Join us.

A mimic with a degree from a prestigious acting school or a polymorphed party member? Gosh Darn It.

The safe bet is to nuke the duck from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. I get peace of mind knowing that I've saved future adventurers from a fate worse than death, OR I've saved a party member from a life of wise-quacking with a cremation. ...as an added bonus, we'll get to have roast duck for supper.

But how can you have the roast duck if it's been nuked. The duck will simple cease to exist.

But if it wasn't a duck to begin with, did it ever really exist?

Personally, I'm more amused by her seeming willingness and total lack of qualms about eating the remains of a party member who'd been transfigured into waterfowl.

Personally, I'm more amused by her seeming willingness and total lack of qualms about eating the remains of a party member who'd been transfigured into waterfowl.

It wouldn't be the first time eating a party member. *whispers* Don't trust her

It can't be cannibalism if waterfowl they be. Besides. Roast duck is a delicious staple of any adventurer's feast.

I never knew conversations about quackiness could wax so philosophical. The form of the duck existed, as it was presented. What the duck was, is, or was not is irrelevant. There was something there in the form of a duck. Duck got cleansed with purifying fire, and it is now dinner.

Anyone want a Drumstick...?

It can't be cannibalism if waterfowl they be. Besides. Roast duck is a delicious staple of any adventurer's feast.

I never knew conversations about quackiness could wax so philosophical. The form of the duck existed, as it was presented. What the duck was, is, or was not is irrelevant. There was something there in the form of a duck. Duck got cleansed with purifying fire, and it is now dinner.

Anyone want a Drumstick...?

Consider me a convert. Dark meat, please.

Back