New User I am new here - an essay by me

Adorabell

Welcome! Come in, pull up a pew and I hope you enjoy my introductory essay.

While I may be new to the site, I am not new too roleplaying although possibly a bit rusty. I look forward to shaking loose the cobwebs and telling amazing stories with everyone here.

I consider myself to be a low advanced writer. I aim to write a decent amount, except where it would be unnecessary (say a dialog heavy interaction). My one disclaimer is that I will be role-playing predominantly on my mobile and whilst I do draft posts in Word first, there may be some formatting and spelling errors.

Things to know about me:
Genres: Fantasy- high, low, in-between. Sci-fi if you make a very compelling case.

Settings: I am most comfortable in alternate, made up worlds although I have been known to do some urban stuff. I’m just from a lesser known country and worry about my writing lacking commonly known things about life in places like the States.

Role-play styles: I like 1:1 or small groups. If 1:1 then I am definitely keen on playing multiple characters to help flesh out the story, and these characters can enter and leave organically if we like too. Groups can be neat too with collaboration and seeing how others interpret things, but I find groups bigger than 4 or 5 tend to dissolve fairly quickly.

Availability: I am available weekdays, but even then it might be as frequently as once a day or once every couple of days for a post- probably more often for banter and planning etc. I am a working professional and this is my hobby. My weekends are for my partner and my cat and my MMORPGs and thus exclusively not for role-play.

Pronouns: she/her

Hobbies: Reading, drinking tea, video games (currently FFXIV and WoW classic – burning crusade), and snuggling my cat.

So please feel free to pull up a chair, have a cuppa and a chat.

Hello Adorabell, and welcome to STC! You say you're rusty, and yet greet us in longform...Hmm.

Yup, you're certainly an experienced role-player. As a fellow who grows rusty and becomes polished again in the expected cyclical fashion; I greet you once more as peers. I hope you get to loosening those cobwebs with us here. Have no worries about formatting and spelling errors; I try to lead by example there and make sure to fail to notice leave plenty of them.

Shame we're a few months past my compelling-case in Sci-Fi RP, or I'd offer that for consideration. I'll be starting more storylines in our sandbox RP Nexus in the somewhat-near future, and I know at least one person who is planning one soon. It might be Sci-Fi adjacent however. We do have a bulletin board set up specifically for 1-1 roleplaying partners. I encourage you to peruse the posting or consider one of your own.

Your account has been approved and you can access all areas now; provided you bring tea and allow for those amongst us of less refinement to enjoy our coffee. Please do let me or any one of our mentors know if we can be of any assistance around the site. Have a great day!

Well, that is a very warm welcome indeed. I do regret that I missed your compelling case in writing sci-fi but must express interest in this... Nexus? Sci-fi adjacent is also fine. I mostly don't go for it as much as I like magic and it is familiar to me, and sci-fi is less familiar BUT! we can not always stay in the comfort zone else we shall go nowhere I suppose.

I am considering posting up a 1x1 listing to advertise, although that may be a next week endeavor. For now I shall simply peruse and become familiar.

I shall bring my tea, and rest assured I do not discriminate against beverage options. All are welcome. Cake preference however is a different story all together, and wars have been waged over less.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and an abundance of coffee, or other preferred beverage.

Welcome to STC Adorabell :3 I'm sure you'll find what Ur looking for and have plenty of fun here!. Got my tea ready hehe. Bubble tea tho.

Welcome to Storyteller's Circle, Adorabell! I think you'll love it here. Would you like a brownie? I made them myself!

You say you're a bit rusty, but your introduction is very literate and in long script. I think you'll do just fine here!

Back