I need a good place to share my work.

Horicabu

lil Imp
Hello! I'm feeling discouraged with my writing, not because of the quality of work or inspiration (my writing is decent and my inspiration is overflowing), but a lack of commitment. Whenever I sit down to write, there's just this discouraging feeling of 'nobody is actually going to read this' that makes it very difficult to work.

I'd like to alleviate the problem. Do any of you know a good website (or two, or three) where I can share my stuff?

tl;dr Got a good writing website? Tell me.

Hi! I think it definitely depends on the person and preferences for sites. I would suggest Wattpad (even though I have a slight aversion to it) for the main reason being you can copyright your works and not worry about people stealing what you've done. I wrote on Quotev for a while; there's some serious hidden gems there, but fair warning, people do try to steal other people's ideas.

There are two others I have visited but not used, Tapas and Amino. Tapas might be better for original works (I know it's labeled as comic books, but, I found an incredible story on there that's novel style.). I've seen stuff on Amino that I think worked as well? Don't trust me on that one...not quite sure. Or you could always make a tumblr blog and post there!

Either way, I wouldn't freak yourself out. I'm positive your work is great, and believe me, people will read on all of these sites. Just get down to it, close your eyes, and take a leap of faith. You'd be surprised. It sounds cliche, but seriously: believe in yourself!

Rooting for you!! You've got this. Now go write!

Back