New User I suppose introductions are in order.

Good day to the fine people of this community!

I go by the name SilverQuill
Or Silver, for short, if you will
There's not much to be said, truth be told
No great secrets for me to withhold
The story is long, so I will be brief
I'll stop with the rhymes now, to your relief

I'm not so great with poetry, really, it was supposed to be a sentence, but it rhymed, so I said I'd do a thing. Alright, well, what you need to know is that I'm a guy who enjoys writing, who's relatively active in another community as well, and who has been writing for many years, enough to make it difficult for me to count them; I'd go ahead and say 10, which is probably spot-on. I enjoy a little bit of variety in themes and such when it comes to writing, and I would like to think I don't lack imagination, though there are times when my brain is just completely mush and doesn't give me anything. As I like to say, it do be like that sometimes.

Beyond that, I enjoy chatting, I enjoy getting to know people, I enjoy brainstorming and I enjoy people who challenge me. Every now and then I will try to shoot way up and see if I can rake in a partner who is on a godly level when it comes to writing, just to see how far I can push my limits.

And as I said I'll be brief, here ends my introduction! I hope to have stirred the curiosity of some people, and I'm ready to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for reading my ramblings.

Silver, out.

Hello Silver, welcome to STC! As a fellow too many years to count writer, I most definitely agree with you that it do be like that sometimes, especially after any sort of break where my brain needs to remind itself that yeah, it can put words into some sort of narrative structure.

I hope you'll find plenty of fellow temporary mush-brains to write with around here. Why don't you let us know some of the kind of stories you're currently looking or feeling like? That way others who come to greet you may have some ideas or roleplays they're looking to fill to share.

And if you have any questions about navigating the site or any thing else, don't hesitate to ask.

"Was that a bear?"

"
In a hat!"

Do you have a hat, too, Bearministrator? I can bearly believe I'm talking to a bear right now, isn't life just great? I have to bear in mind, though, that I have to seem at least somewhat sane, and I am not making a good case for myself right now. I'll stop before it becomes unbearable, just give me a moment, alright?

Ok, so about the kind of stories I am craving right now, well, I am really, really craving a sort of space-horror themed story, something about a space station/spaceship being turned into a terrifying place full of monsters. I am currently playing Dead Space, so that's why this huge craving.

I do have a hat as a matter of fact. Love the Dead Space series, lots of great memories there. Even if 3 was a bit of a departure from the earlier ones, I still remember how trippy it felt to realize my online partner didn't know we were not seeing the same things.

Ok, on to RP.

Cosmic horror is in vogue at the moment. Probably because a horrifying cosmic entity decided to infect the userbase at once. We have quite a few otherworldly horror RPs in various stages of creation on the bulletin board.

If you're not adverse to the idea of fantasy being mixed in with the science, I'd recommend giving Beyond the Ark a look, and possibly contacting @Geck0 for more information.

For your consideration as far horror goes too, I'd also recommend giving The Apocryphon of Saint Eadwald a look. Different direction from space altogether, set in medieval France, but I offer it in case it'd fit your needs as well. You can contact @Minerva for more info on that one.

There's also a few others under interest check on the bulletin board that touch upon horror, so I'd also encourage a browsing there. And if you really want horrific creatures in the void where no one can hear you scream, you'd also be more than welcome to begin your own Space Horror RP. The time is now, let our Lord Retraxrajfh'ng in.

Forgot to add, your account has now been approved, so you're fully free to go on and terrorize the far reaches of space in our roleplay sections.

Damn it, the Bear beat me to it. Us raccoons tend to get the left overs when it comes to these things. You've already been approved, but I can still say hi. Hi! So, do you prefer group role plays or 1x1?

Well, that was quick! I bet it was the bear puns that opened the gates for me! Thank you, Bearministrator! Also, a raccoon? Is this site secretly a zoo?

I am an exclusively 1x1 type. I can't get into group roleplaying at all. I can't keep up with it and it's overall way more demanding and complicated, so I prefer to stick to the worlds I can make the rules in!

Yeah, we try to make it quick and painless. It is our goal that people won't even really notice that they're on the right steps to get their account approved. We just want a chance to see if new users are our kind of people, and most newcomers are and do so smoothly and effectively. Also this site is not secretly a zoo. It is openly a demonic goat's hellspawned menagerie where @Tiko keeps the souls that in their many shapes amuse her.

I encourage you to put up a scare partner search in the bulletin board forums if you haven't done so yet.

Hah, so it's like a zoo, but cooler! This is nice, I already like this place. And, as a matter of fact, I am already thinking of setting up some sort of thread! I want to make it look cool though!

This entire thread is a circus and I'm so here for it. @SilverQuill anyone who can launch a bearage like that must have some interesting characters to bear the depths of the space-horror-verse with.

What is your favorite thing about space horror? It's actually one of my least favorites to watch, because I dislike watching people be trapped in a tin can with monsters, but I'd be interested in giving playing in the genre a shot depending on the plot and characters involved.

Back