(IC) (1x1) Guild of Thieves

Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
Characters
Name: Michiel Vaarwel

Appearance:
a5f14d36b3912cfa8ee794d3ee632d73.jpg

Motivation: Stopping the conflict between his home the opposing kingdom.

What they would do if wrongfully imprisoned:

Michiel's hands were clenched at his knees, unmoving even as the prince glared daggers at the guards outside. His lip was bleeding from the force of his nervous bite. Still, he would be freed. This was not how the stories went. He would be free.

What they would do or say if, in said prison, their partner visited them:

"It wasn't me, believe me, I beg of you." His eyes were probably baring into their soul. The blond sighed after a still moment. "Alright. Disbelieve if you must. But know that I will never speak a lie."

What they would do if made to kill an innocent:

The sword in his hands thrust down, slicing through bone and skin alike. Tears were kept from his eyes carefully. This was duty. It had to be done.

Would they rather be known as a hero or remained an unknown?:

Heroics were always preferable.

name: jagger halliwell
appearance: jagger is a rather unremarkable young man. he is too small to draw much attention, and too thin to look like any real threat. his hair is dark brown, too long, and wildly wavy. he has one good eye (the other is covered with a swash of black fabric he ties around his head), which is dark brown, almost black.
motivation: jagger is as hedonistic as they come. everything he does is for money, and his own personal pleasure.

would you rather?
have good friends or lots of money: lots of money
kill someone to save yourself or die to save someone else: kill someone to save himself

what would you do?
wrongfully imprisoned:
jagger leaned against the bars, pulling his best puppy dog eyes, "please, can i have some water?" he asked in his most pathetic voice. the guard watching him glared, but went to get water anyways. when he came close, jagger snagged the man by the front of the shirt, pulling him against the bars. with nimble fingers, he snagged the dagger from his belt and pressed it against the man's throat. he may not have committed the crime they had arrested him for, but he had committed many others. he would kill to get out of this with his life.
made to kill an innocent:
"am i being paid?" jagger tilted his head back, observing the man in front of him, "i'll do it if i'm being paid."
the man snorted, "why would i pay a common thug to do what he always does?" he spat.
jagger didn't like the pretentious tone of his voice. examining his nails for a moment, he let out a low sigh, "i really wish you would've paid me." he said. he was quick to unsheathe his dagger. the man didn't have a chance to react. jagger pushed him off his blade and walked away.
he was sick of people profiling him (meant to be a little funny, because he ended up killing an innocent anyways).

Alright, I'm alive.
Sorry, my work schedule was super hectic yesterday, and I had no free time, or I would have replied sooner.

I assume I'm starting, yeah?
Kingdoms are Greater Glaedwine and Ramhark if that's okay.

It depends if you want to start. To be honest, I've been kind of dead on-site, too. Exams just finished, so I can stop stressing over everything and answer now.
The names are great. Go with it! I'm going to go out on a guess that Greater Glaedwine is yours?

Last edited:
Screw it, starting. I'm a little scared inactivity will get this thread taken down. It worked like that in my last RP site. I'm going to assume Ramhark's Michiel's kingdom. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll edit if I am.

The formal suit fit perfectly around Michiel's frame, cut perfectly to fit his body. It was in pure white, embroidered with gold thread and the red-jewelled sun on the pin that was their kingdom's symbol. Still, despite that, it itched at him, sending him into a state of discomfort and doubt. Michiel was at least seven-eighths sure that the itch was from the marriage.

The young prince sighed, taking in his extravagant chambers with a sense of- something, finality maybe, running through his veins. This had to be done. He disliked it, hated it even, that his father would stoop to such lows just for the plot of land they knew full well was stripped barren, but it was his duty. He couldn't simply give up his duties. His fists clenched at his side. If it weren't for his gloves, he knew full well there would be wounds from the sheer force of his nails. This was his duty. He couldn't abandon it.

But if it was his duty, why did he have such doubt? Was it the sheer dishonour of it, the thought of sentencing Greater Glaedwine to such ruin for naught but a plot of land? The memory of their fully stocked barns and the looks of slight, twisted distaste even a few of the servants sent them flashed quick in his mind. Then the image of the starving in the streets. Would the other kingdom have them, too, all for their dishonour?

It took only seconds before the prince's restraint snapped, and he unbuttoned dress shirt, gingerly folding it and laying it on the bed. He threw open his spacious closet, rummaging through it until he found some old clothes spun from some cheaper linen, tighter than his usual choices but black and plain in comparison to his usual preferred white and gold. It looked as if it had been stolen from some middle-class noble on him, but he threw on the jacket and slacks regardless.

It should be enough. He couldn't let his kingdom go on like this. The king of Greater Glaedwine was still at his castle, taking care of it while his daughter was here. An execution would be enough to make up for this disgrace. It had to be enough to pay.

Michiel's gaze snapped to the window. It was close enough to the ground, this being the very first floor. It was also unlocked.

Decision made, he strode nervously to it, coercing the wooden frame open.

Back