Ages Eternal [IC] (Ages Eternal) Idain

"Do not mourn for what you can not control dear sister." Said Aether as the drakes flew over head. Seeing the pain in Palorias face, saddened Aether "They will never forget you dear sister, and some futures may dim for the present, but I feel your children will be stronger for it in the end."

Turning towards Aether, Paloria leaned into him, "Thank you Aether, Let us wait, and watch our champions. See, they have already met." Paloria pointed out to the center of the spires as she spoke.

"I see. Terrible indeed. What do you think I can do?" He asks the two. The maiden seems distraught. Enough to convince Mutare that what she said was true. H'Mog's irrationality was unnatural and they were in need of help. His help in fact. A fact that could benefit him in the long term.

"We ...don't know. We were merely told by a higher power, speaking through a mighty prophet, to find you. It said you would understand H'mogs mind, it said to take up arrows of nature, and I can only imagine that meant a power of yours. It told us to have craft a toxin." Shel said simply.

"Indeed. Create venom to regulate mental capabilities. Create organism to inject venom directly into brain. Little trouble. Easily done. Why should I do so? What benefits would I receive." He tells them. Mutare is not a benevolent god. To create this organism for H'Mog for nothing to gain would be a waste of resources.

Aether put his arm around his sister as she leaned into him. Watching out at there champions Aether was amused by the Joy and sheer interest his champion showed in everything. He perhaps wasn't the most logical choice of champion but he tended to liven Aethers dull mansion during the gods sleep.

Shel and Ra'oc looked toward eachother. They did not know what to say. They did not have anything to offer. Shel huffed. She WOULD have this done. Even if it meant giving something that was not hers to give...

"If you free H'mogs mind, I will..." she choked on the following "I will convince him to help you defend your garden!"

"Hmm.....Interesting. Might benefit greatly. Yet might interfere with work." He tells her. "Proposal considered. Come. Follow." He said and he travels through his garden towards his lair, with the trees and animals making a path for him then swiftly closes once he was far enough away.

Shel and Ra'oc followed, worried about everything. The animals and beasts stared, drooling. the trees retreated out of there way. And the worst part, was not the lord of change, not the endless horrible ways they might die, no for Shel it was what would happen upon success...

Mutare takes them to his cave, a rocky opening in the center of his Garden. His home and lab, the cave is connected to vast tunnels, most of which serves as his storage for his Sparks of Life. Mutare takes the two into his dark home, lit only by luminescent fungi and mold. There he leads them to a large circular table where he conducts his work. "Here. Stay. Will create. Moment needed." He tunnels into the earth seek out the Sparks he would need. After a few minutes the God come back with several Sparks, glowing glass orbs with the genetic and spiritual information of the creatures stored inside.

Mutare lays the sparks out onto the table and began to weave the Sparks together into to form a new creature. His many spindly fingers quickly prodding and probing, stabbing and stabbing, bending and breaking the creature's body, mind and soul, making changes small and large as he creates until he receives his final product. A screaming and writhing creature that resembles the combination of a wasp, centipede and spider. The wingless creature's green emerald body resembles a wasp, but with spidery mouth and fangs with a centipede's body in place of an abdomen. It's main legs were hook like and the centipede half, where its legs would be is replaced with over 30 curved stingers. It is the size of an Orc toddler. The creature flailed as if trying to grasp onto something before exhausting itself and curling to a ball. Satisfied, Mutare creates two more of the creatures and took the three exhausted creatures to the Maiden.

"New Organism. 30 stingers. 2 fangs. Grasp onto the spine. Injects many venoms. Regulates body chemistry. Empties venom glands after 1 year. Will die after draining venom. Warning. Appliance and removal will induce large amounts of pain. Questions?"

Last edited:
Ra'oc seemed nervous. "One; How is we going to carry them? Does we get a box?" Shel rolled her eyes at the orc adolescent, who sounded almost as if he did not want to transport the insectoid creatures. Shel emptied one of Ra'ocs sacks, and put the rolled-up bugs inside.

"Thank you Mutare. We won't forget our deal." said Shel, with concern in her eyes. At that they left the Garden of change.

By the time they reached the spruce and cedar forests of the Great Mountains west side, H'mog had already migrated back. He and Shel and been there previously; So a race of Orcs already existed there. Word traveled fast; A dangerous cult of radical shamans of H'mog had been formed in recent months, who believe in the extermination of all dus-gal orcs. Ra'oc and Shel had to tread carefully, but learned that this cult considered a particular valley, named 'Oggur's Cut', as holy ground. This must be where H'mog has been, reasoned the Great Maiden, these sudden cults are almost always supernaturally founded, and there goals can't be coincidental.

Leaving Ra'oc in a dus-gal refugee camp, Shel went on to confront H'mog. As she approached the valley, earthquakes and mudslides surrounded the region. She saw an avalanche wipe out some of the forest. Finally she had arrived. The cultists did not see what was in Oggurs Cut. They assumed the quakes and piles of dead things that appeared was a show of H'mogs wrath and power. They didn't see H'mog weeping and moaning in the center, Begging an unknown force to leave him be. They didn't hear him ramble incoherently so pathetically to himself. H'mog was deteriorating very quickly.

H'mog slammed the ground and a geyser erupted where he struck. He was gaunt, pale as snow, and smelled of rot. It wasn't hard to plant the beast on him.

For a moment, Shel thought she had somehow killed H'mog. His moan of agony was heard everywhere, like the soil itself was stabbed to death. and H'mog crumbled to the ground. Wait, what if Mutare was wrong about the venom? what if it's too much?

What if that is whats nescessary?

What?... the thought appeared in Shel's mind out of nowhere. For a moment, another, darker godly presence was felt. And then nothing. After moments that felt like hours, H'mog stood, tall, healthy, dark grey, with mold and lichen spots on his skin, a quirk Shel didn't even know H'mog was supposed to have. "What happen...? Shel... What did I do?!" said H'mog groggily.

THIS would be the hard part.

Dymos wandered about for a little while. He found his way to a smouldering slope of obsidian, leading up to the Great Mount. He wondered where Paloria and the others were, but decided not to visit. He had too much to learn to waste time in conversation. He turned to his right; The Lead Sea extended off to the north and east. He wondered where Hakku was... how he was doing. He did not really care for a grudge against Hakku's people. He decided he would try to make amends here.

Gliding over the waters, he came to a great worm extending itself upwards; He felt a godly force in this being. It was hakku's... and his!

"Who are you, pretender?! Where is my brother Hakku??" dymos shouted out in confusion.

The Worm turned her gaze from the stars, and stared at this god. His power was strong, equal to hers, even. But he looked so small from here. Being this big was rather addicting. "I am the Worm in Waiting. I rule the Sleeping Isles in Hakku's absence. As for his whereabouts, Hakku has been dead over a thousand years." She said. "Perhaps you've been asleep?"

Dymos' face fell. Hakku is dead. He did not know that was possible, But He did it. Dymos knew that he killed Hakku in that little grudge match. And a thousand years? He lost so much time!! He was about ready to panic. But he didn't know what this worm-goddess knew about him, or how she would take it to know he was responsible for slaying her predecessor...

"I do not know my name." Dymos gave an advantageous lie "Some call me 'Red'. you may call me this also. Where is..." He didn't know how to say this without giving his real name "Do you feel the power of the Lech and Orichalcum? Where are they now?"

"I've the memories of Hakku, god of iron. Your name is Dymos. The Lech are a burden to the other races, and Orichalcum is near forgotten." The Worm said. "Your dwarves and the people of Slua have been at each other's necks since their birth." The Worm said. "I am animated from the People of Lead's prayers, and so share their values. I would recommend you leave." She threatened.

Dymos was not done, though he felt it wise not to start another fight... Especially caught in his ploy. "...What? What is this of 'Dwarves'?" He backed up a safe distance, but would not fully leave the region. "I do not know what you mean!"

"Oh my. You don't know about them?" She said, surprised. "Perhaps they came into being after you left. They're a people who resemble humans. They won't be happy that the moon isn't whole, but I think your return should cheer them. They've been worshiping it. They sensed you upon it."

Dymos could now excuse himself. Gliding away, he went to find these Dwarves. They were his responsibility.

Crossing the great mountain, he expected to find the presence of Paloria, but instead felt different, weaker presences, Paloria nowhere to be seen. He would investigate this later. For now he would arrive at what was an unknown city; Somehow he knew he had arrived.

Dhordahn was going as peaceably as they could under the despot Hoursus Bloodbuckle. The ignoble lord was primarily concerned with the defeat of the Every-phase sons, and cult that denies the dwarven pantheon for a dwarven god name Gongromril. They have been a military rival to the Dhordahni empire for a very long time.

Something would soon change, as Dymos hovered invisibly looking over his children with pride. They would do it... They were to path to my mighty Magnum Opus creation! thought Dymos.

Mutare listened to H'mog's words about no more deaths. To Mutare death only led to progress, but if he did not accept he would stand alone, against all other gods which put him at a disadvantage and maybe entitle him to greater punishments. He would have no choice but to accept, but not before giving his demands to H'Mog. "Very well. Well serve punishments. Several demands to make. First, no creature, god or otherwise allowed into my Garden. Second, no god will interfere with garden." He tells H'Mog.

Last edited:
Back