Ages Eternal [IC] (Ages Eternal) Obus

Faylen flustered; her cheeks red and her eyes shimmering blue as she spoke; "I... I can speak any and all languages..." She then realized she didn't properly adress the king and looked distressed as she continued; "My apologies; your majesty. I can speak all languages. I can heal minor and major wounds using my magic-." She tapped with her tender indexfinger on her chin and chuckled as she continued, speaking softly; "And... And i know about farming, production of food and... disease control..." She said, waited for a moment and quickly added; "-your majesty..." She bowed her head and when she looked up again she had a humble expression on her face.

'Please... don't kill me...' she thought; her mind internally conflicted about all this. 'Don't... don't eat me...'

Xili waited and listened as Faylen replied to him. She was nervous, as one would expect from a person in her situation. She told him that she could speak any language; a useful trait, she can heal minor any major wounds; a less useful trait, and she knows about farming and disease control. A rather useful bit of information. Afterwards she bows. He could see that she was still rather nervous. After taking this into consideration he addresses the Raider. "I shall buy this one. She might be useful to me for the time being. Here is your pay." He tells the Raider and he motions for the servant holding the bowl of stringed copper coins to hand the Raider his payment. The Raider takes the string of coins, around 2400 coins. The Raider takes the coins and respectfully bows.

"I accept my king. I thank you for your patronage." With that the raider leaves the palace the same way he came. Xili turns back to Faylen.

"And with that you are now mine to command. I ask that you remember your place. You will address me as your master or as your king. You have no say or authority here, but you answer only to me. Prove yourself useful and I shall make sure you are safe, healthy and sheltered. If you fail to be of use, then I shall turn you from cohort to concubine. And should you prove more trouble then what I have paid for you, I send you back to the markets as either a trophy or as meat."

"Yes, my king." Faylen replied respectfully and bowed her head. She then waited for what was next.

'Please... be a reasonable king...' She thought as she curiously looked at the king with the blue scales...

Xili looks at her and without a second look turns to one of his servants. "Take her to her chambers. She shall stay in one of the secondary chambers." The servant was a bit confused at her orders.

"The...secondary chambers my king? Isn't she not a slave? Why would you give her a secondary chamber?" She asks

"She is my slave, but she is also my cohort. I would rather have her complaint and satisfied then not. Now you have your orders. Give her whatever she needs within reason. I have a meeting to attend to." Xili tells the servant. The servant bows and takes Faylen's chains and leads her from the throne room and through the torch lit hallways to the a bed chambers lit by fire braziers and torches decorated with beautiful tapestry, rugs, a hand carved table and chair, a bench, baskets and a chest, and a large bed, seemingly made for two, made of stone, wood and covered in soft furs. The Servant continues to speak to Faylen. "The King said that this shall be your quarters. If you need anything I guess I'm supposed to get it for you. If you are hungry then the next meal will be in 2 days, and if you are thirst I shall bring you a bowl of water. Now is there anything you should need?"

Faylen brushed over the hand-carved table with her tender fingertips and smiled; the sensation of such craftmanship enjoyable enough. At the servant's question about Faylen needing anything she blushed before saying; "I... I-I could use... something to wear..." She blushed again before moving towards the bed, on which she sat down and sighed. "And please; a bowl of water would be really nice." She wanted to lay down, before she realized she didn't even know the woman's name; "W-What... what should i call you..?" She asked; her blue eyes focussed on the woman...

"Clothing.....it is not up to me to decide whether or not you would receive clothing. It is up to the king. As for water, I shall be back in a moment. As for name, you may call me Neltica." Said Neltica. The White Quash leaves to fetch Faylen her water, closing the doors behind them. Behind the door, she can hear someone put something large and heavy on the door, to keep her from running out. Now Faylen is along in a dark room lit only by several torches and a brazier.

Faylen stood up again and walked towards the torches, which she extuingished with a handgesture. She then walked up to the braziers and extuingished those too. Now in pure and utter darkness she created a single sphere of white light that slowly ascended untill it was floating in the middle of the chamber; mere centimeters between the sphere and the ceiling. It rejuvinated her and filled her with hope.

"Even amongst so much darkness there will be a guiding light..." she muttered and said down on the bed; pulling her knees up under her chin. She waited for... for Neltica to return with the bowl of water. She was curious how the woman would react to the single sphere of magical white light...

Last edited:
Faylen can hear the sound of something heavy being lifted off the door and Neltica walks into the dark room. She shields her eyes from the bright light as she walks into. "I have your water. What..is that? What are you doing?" She asks as she sets the water down on the floor next to the bed.

Faylen looked at Neltica as she walked in and smiled; "T-The light... it reminds me of home." She then slowly decreased the sphere's intense light to a lower intensity so that it wouldn't hurt Neltica's eyes anymore. She also changed its color to a warm orange; to mimic the torches and braziers. She then stood up from the bed and graciously bend over to grab the bowl of water. She took a sip and sighed happily before extending her arms that held the bowl towards Neltica; "Would you like some, too?" She asked compassionately; her eyes twinkling curiously and her face complimented by a sweet smile.

Neltica watched as the slave turns the light to mimic that of fire before taking the water. The slave takes a drink before offering some to Neltica. She declines. "It's fine. I need to get back to work. I suggest you stay and rest up. I'll keep the door unlock this time but don't try to run. I think you know what the king might do if you try to escape." Neltica said before leaving the dark room.

"He made sure i'd remember..." Faylen said; unknowingly touching her chain. Neltica however, just pulled the door close. She decided to set the bowl down on the table and try to get some sleep. She peeled of the layers of jewelry except the chain and laid down; quickly closing her eyes; eager to fall asleep and forget the troubles of the world for just a bit...

Night quickly came and went, not that Faylen would know as there were no windows. She was woken up by the White Quash servant that served her before, the servant named Neltica. The Quash opens the door, letting in the torch light into the dark room. She walks up to the slave and gently shakes her to wake her up. "Wake up. I have news for you." She tells her.

Faylen slowly opened her eyes; only to stare right into the face of Neltica. She yelped and immediatly scooted away from Neltica. Her eyes were wide and she honestly looked rather cute; the way she sat with her back against the wall. Her heart was racing and her head was ringing due to her getting up too fast. She slowly regained her calmth and said; "I-I'm sorry... i've... i've been plagued with nightmares last night..."

She then got up and out of bed; still fully naked. She didn't feel any shame; but did feel uncomfortable without any clothes. She quickly took another sip of last night's water and sighed before looking at the female called Neltica;

"G-Goodmorning, by the way..." she said and blushed heavily before asking, her voice filled with anticipation; "What is the news?" Meanwhile, she used her slender fingers to comb her hair; hoping that she would look somewhat presentable...

Neltica waits for Faylen to get out of bed before continuing. The slave seemed a bit uncomfortable but it wasn't Neltica place to ask what's wrong. Faylen greets Neltica and asks for the news and Neltica replies. "I asked the king Xili about your request to go find some clothing for you. He told me to take 100 coins and go with you to the market for whatever clothing you may wish for." She explains. "I suggest we leave now as the market is usually awake during this hour, but if you do not wish to then I suggest you meet up with the king immediately."

"W-We leave now? Yeah... sure!" She said; flustered because of the good news. Her heart was racing and she smiled happily. "D-Do i have to wear the jewelry again? Or... how does it work..?" She asked Neltica...

"I suggest you keep on your jewelry, but it's not required. You have the markings of a slave painted on you. As long as you do not remove them then you are identified as an owned slaved." Neltica replied. "I believe you will get new markings however, at the end of the month. To further mark you as the king's slave."

Faylen quickly braided her long, white hair and put the expensive-looking hairpiece back in. She also put on the earpieces and then looked at Neltica; "W-Would... Would this be... no..." she said and grabbed the piece that was meant to be fit around her hips and put it on. "Would this be sufficient?" She asked; twirling around on her heels; showing the jewelry off to Neltica. She was oddly exciting to go out; but also scared to death; hoping nothing dangerous would happen. Hoping she wouldn't have to walk past the butchers...

"That would be fine. Now if you want to get there fast, then I suggest we leave now. She takes Faylen's chain and leads her from her chambers and out of the palace. The transition from torch to the sunlight of dawn was quite noticeable and nearly blinded Faylen for a split second. It didn't bother Neltica much as she urges for Faylen to hurry. "Come on the market is just a walk from the palace." At dawn the jungle city looked almost alien as thin mist blankets the entire floor and the air feels humid but warm. They traveled down the steps of the pyramid palace and to the marketplace. It was split into two districts, the crafts district and the foods district. From the pyramid they simply needed to travel down to the crafts district where the market was already bustling with coins being given for crafts of all kind being exchanged such as weapons, cloth, toys, and furniture. Neltica held onto Faylen's chain and everywhere the two walked, looks and whispers about Faylen were being thrown at the two everywhere.

((So sorry for the late response, Grey. Turns out we were waiting for each other!))

Thraen's craft made it's way to the Island of Salavena, a verdant place blessed by Eellae. At first their was nothing; the -rather small- island had little signs of life that grey, overcast day. It was very quiet...

Another boat was spotted off to the east, small lithe forms, like large cranes or perhaps huge eagles, flew away from it at incredible speed, flying behind the island.

As Thraens boat drew nearer, lights under the heavy topical greenery were visible. three small canoes paddled out from behind the rocks surrounding the island, and fruit-like heavy musk hung in the air: the crew found themselves easily distracted and getting lost in thought frequently when inhaling this musk.

The canoes hailed Thraen's boats as Sirens with spears landed aboard Thraen's ship. Beautiful singing was heard from the Canoes, as if to distract the weaker-willed among Thraen's party from reaching full combat effectiveness, just in case her purpose was unfriendly. An awe-inspiring specimen of the Siren race stepped forward from the entourage of a dozen huntresses, Armed with hardened leather armor and spears, all light as to not impede flight. "Halt, strangers. You have entered the sovereign land of Salavena. You will explain where you are from and why you are here, and then we will decide how long you will stay." She commanded, in a authoritative tone.

Back