Ages Eternal [IC] (ages Eternal) The Great Marriage

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Through the red door in the sky, was a place so mindbogglingly far away from reality, so distant from understanding and logic, that all of this dimension fit in the view of one window entirely.

The ground was diamonds. That was all you could understand about this place. Stairs made the ceiling, streets made the walls. Windows opened to hallways on their side. Nothing about this place followed mathematical law, somehow every logical rule was broken in what seemed to be a multicolored gemstone palace, large beyond imagining. Halls and curved stairwells turned to infinity in all directions.

The Red doors closed behind the godly guests. Before them as they moved into the palace was a huge wooden box, with some sort of crank to it's side, an altar, and a table ready for a feast (no food or drink was found on it yet).

Then a voice was heard, as a brightly colored being (it was not clear with it's skin started and clothes ended, they were all eclectically colored in bright, ridiculous fair) stepped into view. It had masks in form of faces on all sides of it's pointed head, six in total. It then said: "Weeelcome!! Welcome welcome welcome!!! You are all welcome to the Land of our Chaos mother, our dearest leader and parent..." His voice carried so much joy; he almost affected smiles instead of looks of confusion. "You are the Brides and Grooms... You must be. Oh ho! Happy day! may your sunrises be eternal! Soon the wedding shall occur and-" he paused, awkward silence was heard. "...I am the Fool. The letters were from me! Did you like my little poem?!"

Mutare flies through the door on his mutated Macaw creature. Entering through the red door was an interesting experience, as the door seemed to lead him a world of chaotic intent. There was no order and yet there was. A strange place as the two usually cannot coexist. The ground is made of cold diamonds and the palace is constructed of valuable gems of all sorts that seem to shimmer when he looks at them. A truly inefficient design for a home if he ever saw one. He would never understand the need to have such unnecessary luxuries. He much preferred his cell. The door closed behind him and he is moved into the palace. Inside is a large wooden box with a sort of lever, an shrine of some sort and a table. Just a table.

He hears a voice ring out into the room as a brightly colored figure stepps into view. The being is...strange. It had multiple face, and spoke by repeating words. The figure's voice was rather annoying as it had no sense of efficiency with many extra words and stops, and even an entire pause before the figure reveals itself to be the Fool. Again, a fitting name for such a being. It asks how the gods liked the poem and Mutare replied.

"Inefficient. Too many words. Unnecessary. Wasted time. Both mine and yours." He replied.

A crack appears behind Mutare as the border between dimensions was broken and Refcaskha strode through, his silver form refracting light through the diamonds and casting dancing lights all around as he observed his surroundings. His curved head tilted this way and that, seemingly at random as he took in his... less than ordered surroundings. He found he wasn't a fan.

Stepping forward, he notes that he had not had to change his size upon entering. Everyone here seemed to either be already the same size or, and this was more likely, they were constantly shifting with their surroundings and not noticing. This place was almost enough to give the god of perseverance a headache as he tried to take it in.

Walking up next to Mutare, he crosses his arms and gives the god a nod, before looking back at the masks. "I am inclined to agree with Mutare, although in more words. I came here out of both curiosity and duty. I am intrigued as to what 'marriage' you're talking about, but if I find you have been imprisoning gods there will be problems." He says as he looks up to the masks, flames flaring. He wasn't sure he could take on something that seemed to have created its own dimension (who, as far as he could tell only the Sleeping One had done. And it was more that she was the dimension), but he owuld have to try.

"Well, Thank y- Ohhh..." said the Fool pathetically to Mutare, having his prepared response to what he was sure was going to be praise for his creativity dashed. At that the silence was ended by Refcaskha, who entered second. Somehow, the unchanging masks on the Fool seemed to lighten. for a moment. "Tough crowd..." he murmered. "No one was imprisoned, justice god!" he said in surprising exasperation, as if to say 'Lighten up'. "In their current form, in that box, they are safer then they will ever be. Think of it like a godly womb, okay? Once I open it, that is when they will take their final forms and be open to the dangers of the world... But, you guys will protect your spouses, of course. But first! Let's celebrate a wonderful journey! The Hostess is still en route, with the food and beverages. The Priestess will arrive soon also. And the Knight's someplace over- Y'know what let's leave that guy alone. He's grumpy. Feel free to explore! My home is your home, as they say." It seemed like it would be difficult, or at least dizzying, to traverse past the large open entry room, which was (thankfully) the only place the ceremony was intended to take place. Still the option to look around the non-euclidean crystal palace was out there.

The Fool recommended that Mutare explore the palace while they wait for the food. While he rather didn't care for the design to the palace, but if he did a bit of looking into perhaps he can discover some method to the madness. He took the Fool up on the offer and silently began looking around the entry room, looking for anything that can prove itself useful in the palace's grand design.

Ílluminaë walked through the red door and sighed as she marveled over all the colors and strange patterns of the ever changing room.

"This... this is truly marvelous!" She said joyfully and twirled around on her feet as her lithe frame seemed to 'bleed' pure, white light. "All those colors... ever so pure and so diverse!" She chuckled happily; a sound that seemed to pierce the hall's ambiance, echoing through the entire structure. It was then that she noticed her brother; Refcaskha, and smiled happily as she approached him on her tip-toes. She twirled around before throwing herself into her brother's arms; giggling all the while. She hugged him; only to shiver as she suddenly realized there was somebody else present. No, not just somebody; two different people. She stopped hugging Refcaskha and turned on her heels before walking towards the many-masked person, who she suspected had sent her the invitation.

"Hello there, it's truly a pleasure to attend!" She said; flashing him her brightest smile. "I... I hope you don't mind me walking around a bit? Its truly a remarkable structure..." She said and trailed off once she witnessed how another... god... was walking through the room; seemingly interested in the structure's many facets and colors. She graciously tip-toed towards him; casting a mesmerizing play of blue and white magic in her left hand; a trail of green traversing through the play and over her hand and wrist. She smiled as she looked around whilst nearing the god whom she had yet to meet...

Mutare could move away while the Fool spoke to Refcaskha, to explore the main room. In front was the great box, wooden and painted with plain figures holding hands. To be blunt, It looked like a child did it. The crank coming out of it was brass, or something like it, and looked like the only mechanism that could open a box of this size, though at first glance it was unclear how; it looked like it was to be rotated. Whatever parts of it lifts the lid was inside, unfortunately.

Past the box there was a glowing golden platform, with a similarly shining wedding arch overhead. Beyond the arch there was a round tunnel with what could only be described as crystalline cityscape on all sides of the tunnel extending forever.

Behind the party the was an isle carpeted with rubies and rows of seats beyond count. Why so many seats were needed was beyond you, in all honesty they probably weren't. The table was by now adorned with topaz plates and ware, placed there by wispy floating gloves of strange colors that seemed to be able to magically lift things they pointed at.

An impossibly old voice was heard by Mutare. "Get a good look around, sonny?"

It came from a figure, shaking and clanging it wrought iron armor, rusted almost entirely to nothing, yet still held together if for no other reason than to defy reality. "We don't need you. We don't need anyone-" he wheezed "And if you think this is the end, where we roll over and die, your mistaken! Your..."

The fool then appeared "Silence, Knight. Don't antagonize them!!" he rebuked harshly. "I am so very sorry about him..."

@ChelonianCommander
---

Turning to Illuminae, the Fool regained composure. "OH, where are my manners! I am so sorry dear colleague, I'm afraid we have not entertained very often." he then said pointedly "...Some of us were not AWARE they are expected to entertain guests, I suppose!"

"Yes, please, my dear, Explore the complex! Soon food will arrive and the ceremony will begin and" There was another oddly somber pause "...Oooh, so excited!" he said, changing tones in a way that seemed oddly... forced. There was silence. He went back to waiting for more arrivals.

@Zangyl

Mutare looked around the walls and floor to see what purpose did the gems do for the palace, or was it all truly meaning less. He was too preoccupied with trying to discover the true meaning of this horrid design but he wasn't preoccupied enough to notice that there was another approaching him. A man in iron walks up to him rambling about things he did not know of before the Fool came to guid the Knight away. Mutare did not know what has happened, but to him this was proof that the place was the embodiment of inefficiency. He returned to his looking around, ignoring what has just happened when he was interrupted when a skinny god came walking towards him. He stepped aside as not to be in the way of this god, and avoid any meaningless interactions. This entire endeavor as already wasted enough of his time and he might as well make the most of it by not having any more distractions.

Still nearing the god she suddenly noticed how he stepped out of the way. It was then that it hit her; a overwhelming feeling of despair and the necrotic stench of evil. Her smile a little forced, she neared the god and whimpered a little as the magic on her hand suddenly flustered and finally disappeared; seemingly sucked away by the evil nearby. She frowned before casting it again; stronger and more bright now. Its color was one of pure white and it functioned as a beacon of all that was fair in a place so thickly covered in darkness.

"Hello there; i have not yet had the pleasure of meeting you-" She started; only to struggle as she forced her smile to remain. She slowly shook her head before continuing; "My name is Ílluminaë; and... who are you..?" She looked at the god; her white light penetrating the darkness only she could see...

It would seem his attempts to avoid contact didn't work as the goddess greeted Mutare, saying that its name is Ílluminaë. Mutare was forced to reply as he gave her the most minimalist of replies. He simply replies "Mutare." And continued on his examinations, without so much as a second look to the skinny god. Besides it might be better if he didn't try to talk to her more. She looked nervous, or uneasy near him. He didn't know why but he didn't have the time to figure out why.

Refcaskha had been... surprised, when Ílluminaë had arrived. This surprised had almost tripled when his younger isster hugged him. For a god born during times of war and hardship, even the relative peace of the last three thousand years had done little to soften him. He wasn't sure he would ever be able to get used to his sister's seeming closeness, let alone reciprocate it. If he had been invited here for a marriage... he would almost weep for his partner.

With little to do, the god uninterested in talking to the Fool, he had simply reverted to his crimson form and floated high into what he hoped was space. This room was... confusing, and now that he had eyes he was tempted to close them. Finding a generally constant outcropping of... something, he sat on it and reverted to his Justice form, the lack of sensory organs allowing him to handle this room better.

From his perch he could see far, watching Mutare and his sister wander off. Below him was the Fool, and all around him was space both empty and full, from what he could discern. As he sat on the outcropping, one leg hanging over into the void, he looks down at the Fool.

"So..." he begins, thoughts racing through his head. Why were they here? Why were they chosen, out of all the gods? When will this 'marriage' take place? "When will these... others... be arriving?"

The Fool was happy to receive some more pleasant questions. "They will awaken after the we are all here! The hostess is almost here, and then the Priestess must arrive, and then we can awaken them. But first everyone needs to be here."

At that, two more figures entered the room from the red door, much to the Fool's glee. The First was a Mighty male figure of molten steel, the second was a small, oddly alluring she-orc. She was no larger then any normal orc (perhaps smaller) and didn't seem in any way godlike. Yet she, The Great Maiden, was here.

The Fool Greeted Dymos, the fiery steel giant. "Welcome, Dymos, Prince of Iron!!" the Fool almost squeeled " I'm so excited to have you all here-" At that he had to count under his breath the guests. "No! No no no!! Your mortals were NOT invited!!"

Fire exploded around the Great Maiden's feet as the helping Hands approached her menacingly. the Knight raised a longsword "You dare desecrate this place after t-the..." he wheezed and coughed "Kindness we have shown?! Take her away, Hands of the chaos mother!"

Physical grey energy realized around The Maiden. with a point of her finger it lanced into the hands, obliterating them in mighty thrusts. The whole palace shook and warped as she screamed "GET BACK! I AM THE GREAT MAIDEN. I AM THE APPOINTED GODDESS OF THE ORCS AND YOU *WILL* RESPECT ME!" There was stillness. The knight turned to the Fool and said "See?? Do they seem like they will be friendly to our legacy?! Why are we giving ourselves over to these animals?!?" and he stormed off. The Fool Turned back to the Great Maiden and simply stammered "You are... a goddess? I was under the impression H'mog was the grey god..." The great maiden explained herself; her history and the fate of her father. She then said simply "Respect me. I AM the grey god now, and I will NOT be treated as less then what is H'mog's will."

At that the Maiden walked off as the Fool accepted that there was now one more guest. "I am sorry, Maiden. Your invitation was... misplaced. Stay and let us rectify our Faux pas? Please?" And the Great Maiden took a seat, now trying to ignore that she was now a spectacle.

Refcaskha watched the exchange between the gods with growing concern, the statements raising said concern ever higher until it reached a boiling point and he was forced into action. Standing up frlm his perch, he steps out over the chasm, his body still for a moment in the midair as the chaos of the world held him, then just as suddenly it disappeared.

His form plummeted down, landing with a loud crash in front of the Maiden, the diamons around him shattering for a split second, the entire floor emulating it as well before reverting back to it's original form. Standing up from his slight crouch, he stood over the maiden, his curved head angled to meet her face as he faced her.

"I... remember you. You are the demigod raised by H'Mog. We met briefly during the war. While it is true that you are a goddess of the orcs, you are not H'Mog." He says as he steps closer, his broad form threatening while his voice ringed out with both accusatory and inquisitive tones. "Where is he? I have not met my... friend, for a long time. And now you are here in his stead. Why?"

Refcaskha had pbserved the orcs before, and whole he found he rather liked their 'eye for an eye' culture, he would not put skullduggery past them. Especially not past one of their gods.

Ílluminaë had heard the shouting and yelling and she had moved away from Mutare and his looming darkness. Happy that there were new people arriving, she moved towards the entrance untill she suddenly stood next to Refcaskha. Her light stil bled from her lithe body as she looked the female orc in the eyes. Ílluminaë's expression changed from one filled with curiosity to one of excitement when she said; "About three thousand years ago a party of Orcs landed on the shores of what is now Lathessía. They were welcomed by my people and offered food and drink. They told my people about a Great Maiden who had send them to find their Promised Land-..." she started; all the while looking the female Orc in the eyes. "It was her people who fought side-by-side with mine when a monster attacked my - only just awoken - people, and they fought valliantly." She chuckled happily; "Together our peoples managed to kill the monster. After a short farewell, my people, with help from the Golems, helped them on their way." As she spoke her voice was filled with emotion and clear and pleasant of sound. She then looked at Refcaskha and said; "She's not to blame for your friend's sudden... passing.." Her eyes were filled with compassion.

The Great Maiden exhaled out of her nose. "H'mog... Is gone. I watched him leave. I felt his power enter me afterwards, when he died. He gave me his domain." At this she gestured to her bare feet. Well, bare except for fleshy white snake skins wrapped tightly onto both arches. Or so it seemed... One snake lifts it's paper-flat head: they live! "These foot-wraps bonded to me, and I to them. through them H'mog delivered his power to me. You can feel him on them, even if you can't... well, can't feel him on me." The maiden turned her face from Refcaskha. She seemed tired of talking about what might very well have been a sore topic for her. Turning to Illuminae she said "You have done well to respect us, and thus, me. I consider your people on peaceful terms with us, thank you." she would say. It may be notable to say she lacked any accent of her people.

"I... I see. This is troubling news." Refcaskha states, his form shifting to his more horrifying visage and his four hands gripped his sword tight. It was a decidedly unpleasant feeling, to learn of the death of a... friend. Even Tolanor and BurnHeart's death had been closer to the death of a colleague, but H'Mog...

Troubled, the hellish form of Refcaskha nods at the maiden, before Ílluminaë a quick hug (surprising everyone, including himself). The hug didn't last long at all but it helped to calm his nerves, which were unused to any emotion that was not general annoyance or intrigue. Letting go of his sister, he gives the Maiden a nod.

"So be it then, if that is the order of things. I imagine we have much to discuss, involving the orcs enslaved by the humans. However, it will have to wait for another time. I believe I will go and meet with the one god in this... room... that I do not know." He states, his voice raspy before changing back to its normal ringing tone as his form switches once again.

With that, the god hangs his head a little bit before approaching the figure of flame and molten steel. The Fool had greeted them as Dymos, and as he approached the god he could feel exactly how similar they were in terms of abilites. Hopefully this also meant they would get along.

Walking up to the figure, he couldn't help but notice the contrast. In this form he was more feminine, with slender curves despite remaining large in a general sense. This was contrasted by the entirely butch form of Dymos, the god square shouldered and broad of back. He supposed it was almost like looking through a particulalry distorted mirror.

"Hello. I am Refcaskha, god of Justice, Vengeance and all that is required to achieve such. Who are you?"

Ílluminaë simply stood there; surprised by the sudden hug; a warmt spreading in her chest. She was happy to have a brother.

She then looked at the Maiden and smiled; "We too should talk about the current state of things; i'd love to invite you over to Lathessía; after this lovely party is over, ofcourse." She said and chuckled happily before glancing back at Refcaskha; concerned about his well-being.

Last edited:
The Maiden gave Refcakha a sharp glare. She knew all too well about the slaves, it seemed. Turning to Illuminae she would say "We may... I will see." rather none-descriptively.

Dymos looked over the newcomer. Justice and vengeance... They could be subjective. They could be used to destroy the industrialists that follow Dymos. Dymos wasn't sure what that meant, but didn't want to think about it. He instead appraised the huge being, or atleast what he thought was huge; it was hard to tell in a place in which space no longer followed the laws it was supposed to follow. But in this being, Refcaskha, he saw three things, like normal. What it could do for itself, what he could do for it, and what it could do for him.

Refcaskha wasn't too concerned with himself. He seemed like he was simply following his place in nature. He couldn't use much from Dymos... But Dymos could spark a lot of antagonism from him. This worried Dymos.

"I am Dymos, friend, I'm just happy to be here." the Molten Man said.

----

At that there was a fanfare, what sounded like drum-rolls. There was a cloud of hands approaching with silver domes, rolled up napkins, candles, jugs and following behind was a female figure of surpassing beauty, in oddly still form. Her blond hair was tipped in fire. And on closer inspection, she was made of wax! She was a candle!

"Hello, dear colleagues, welcome. I am the Hostess. May I present to you the Great Feast of chaos!" At that the Knight was seen in the corner, staring at the party, staying aloof. The Fool was... anxious? It seemed like he wished more time had passed, for some reason...

The domes were removed from their plates to reveal stranger, wispy glowing gelatin-like substances. The gelatinous foodstuff(?) was set at the table, and shimmered with all colors. When it wobbled, instead of a noise befitting slime, it sang in a cacophony of different, disjointed tunes. It was chaotic, yet oddly peaceful...

The hostess spoke again "Well, come! Eat!"

Last edited:
Mutare was interrupted when he hears a female figure step in. A creature made of wax and fire steps into the room and introduces herself as the Hostess. She presented them a great feast as she reveals the food to reveal strange substance that had a rainbow glowed and screamed as it moved. Mutare did not know what to make of the food. He did not find meal that enjoyable. There was no reason for the food to scream and shout, but he sat at the table and began to eat either way as it was free sustenance. Take the food with his spindly fingers and putting it into his mouth underneath his mask, or taking the food and putting back into his cloak to feed another mouth that was hidden underneath his clothing.

From the large shadow of Refcaskha, there slipped a slim, rather gaunt figure. The avatar of the Worm in Waiting crossed her arms, glaring at the scene. It was much too bright, far too sparkly. The auras of these gods were stifling. Nevertheless, an invitation was an invitation. She stepped into the room, eyeing the Fool with an unintelligible mixture of emotions, most seeming to be negative. With a face so lacking, it was impossible to tell. A tiny wisp of smoke drifted from her back, bulbous flesh exposed from behind the peeled antler-like skin. An older god would smell Hakku and just a hint of Dymos.

"Sorry I'm late." She said.

Back