Ages Eternal [IC] (Ages Eternal) The Spires

Drakey

A shape-shifting Dragon God
High above the land of Dragons stood ten great spires. Eight were occupied, Two were not.

Paloria, fallen queen of the Dragons stood upon the first, her home and her cell. Beside her queen stood Frailtear, bearer of the goddess's diminished power. Their hair flowed in the wind, fiery and alive, almost as if they were sisters, not Goddess and Champion.

On the second Pillar stood Sihl, his blue eyes watching those around him. Plate mail made from lightning and steel adorned his knightly frame, hiding his features from view.

On the third Pillar stood Granite. His brown hair fluttered as he turned around, playing with random formations of stone.

On the fourth Pillar stood Aer, her form shimmering in and out of sight, being whipped away by the winds. A light smile danced upon the goddess's lips.

On the fifth Pillar stood Urs, Dragon Goddess of the Seas. Her small frame stood, surrounded by thin streams of water.

On the sixth Pillar stood Christoph, his grey eyes watching as icy particles formed on his breath. The God smiled in a cold, calculating way as he watched his brethren.

On the seventh Pillar stood the wisest of them all. The good-natured Dragon Goddess of Light was surrounded by scrolls bearing lit symbols.

On the eighth Pillar stood a form cloaked in shadows. Umbrus, Dragon God of Shadows, plotted as his brethren showed themselves. He wanted power, and he would get it.

The ninth Pillar stood empty, their sister Void gone for so long. The Lost One was absent.

Paloria stood at the edge of her Pillar, looking down upon her former realm. From the mountains came the Dragons of Granite. Icy plateus stretched out on the northern edge of the region, as Dragons from Urs built homes under the waves. Lightning flashed in Sihl's land of clouds, his dragons flying from cloudy building to cloudy building. Shadowy forms hid amongst the shade of the spires. Great golden bodies flew through the sky. Light breezes, ling and sinuous moved between the pillars, somewhat resembling dragons. Then her gaze travelled to her own Dragons. Their scales dull, the flames weak. Her heart broke as she saw them trudge along the ground.

Lux stepped forward on her spire, and spoke loudly, but clearly, to her Queen and Kin, "Paloria, you know why we have gained form, right?" Obviously, as Lux continued to talk, the question she just posed was rhetorical. "We are here because you overstepped your bounds." Stepping back, Lux motioned to the world around her.

"You were the first to rise. The first to awaken. You are our Queen. You are the mother of all dragons, but you are also the mother of destruction, of fire and death." Turning back to her queen, Lux continued, "You ignored your responsibilities, Paloria! You not only let your children die, you urged them on to war!"

"You have been stripped of all power, and delegated to us, your Kin, as punishment. My brethren, what do you say to this?" Lux's last question was directed to all of the other Dragon Gods. Several nodded, others shook their heads.

Sihl's frustration, and his loyalty to Paloria, gained the better of him for a moment, "Lux, take back your words! This is our queen that you speak to, have some respect!" The Draconic knight's armor began to crackle with electricity as he reacted to Lux's words.

"She was in the right for what she did. Mutare attacked us, provoked our queen, and brought her wrath down upon those of another god! You cannot say that our Queen is in the wrong!" Angered at the insult to his queen, Sihl's hand crept down to the hilt of his blade, waiting for anther of his kin's response.

Umbrus heard the risible voice of Sihl through his shadowy veil. Laughing softly, maniacally, to himself, Umbrus spoke to his gathered Kin, "Oh my, Sihl, do you plan to go against Refcaskha himself?" Umbrus had one goal in mind, and that was to rile his brother up. "Please, do so if that is what you wish. It would make for quite the spectacle."

Umbrus turned around then and disappeared into the shadows that always seemed to follow him around. To where he went, none of his Kin could tell. However, from his simple actions, Lux knew that he was up to something, and it was something that wouldn't be good for any of them.

Granite

Granite, seeing just how effective Umbrus's comments were, spoke quickly, but firmly, to Sih, "My brother, keep your head cool. You know, as well as the rest of us, how Umbrus is. He is merely trying to rile you up, take an action that he knows you will regret. Do not play into his games."

After calming Sihl down, Granite's tone changed drastically. "As for our Queen, she has committed wrongs, and she must be punished for them. Lux is right Sihl, Paloria, while our Queen, must pay for her sins."

Stepping back down, Granite's face became as flat as stone, isolated and unmoving.

Christoph

The Dragon God of Ice watched as his brethren bickered amongst themselves. He was uninterested in their discussion of Paloria's punishment and crimes.

"Paloria was in the wrong, get over it Sihl." He said as his attention was focused on an extremely ornate snowman that he was building merely for the hell of it. Also, he was bored out of his mind around his Kin.

Aer

Aer stood, trembling ever so lightly. Her form began to shiver in an out of sight, in an out of air. "H-hey, L-lux, mayb-be you went-t t-too far th-his t-time?" Asked Aer.

The young goddess trembled in fright, though she was compassionate, she was lost in any arguement.

"No no, My dear. Your sister, Lux was it?, has gone to far." Said a man in a tattered cloak as he stepped into the chamber, a hound trailing behind him. "She pretends to know the burning heart of a Mother and the heavy heart of a Father." Pulling his hood back reviled a young face holding one aged eye that seemed to hold all of history with its Pains and Pleasures. "Perhaps I should Properly introduce myself, I am Aether. Second Lord of the Great Mount in ages past and Master of Magic." This Aether said with a Small bow. Motioning for Taliesin to enter, Aether proceeded "And as some of you may know. This is my Champion, Taliesin."

Taliesin stumbled into the room with a clumsy bow. He eagerly searched the faces of the new gods until his gaze landed on Frailtear "By Refcaskhas vengeful spirit! Your alive!" Said Taliesin about to rush forward. As he took the first step Aether shot him a look so withering it could have caused H'mog to cower. Stepping back, head drooped Taliesin said sullenly "P-pleasure to make your acquaintance M'Lords. My Peace and Prosperity follow you always."

Lux

Lux started at Aether's appearance. "First, Granite, if you would, encase Paloria. You may leave Frailtear outside. She shall act as Paloria's eyes and ears." Turning back to Aether, Lux continued, a slight snarl on her lips.

"We know of who you are, Aether God of Magic. What we do not understand, however, is why our foolish Queen chose you." Lux's comments were filled with poison. She knew that Aether wasn't the best, in fact, he was the God of tricks and faulty deals.

"I may not know Paloria's heart, but I do know wisdom. Paloria was in the wrong this time. Do not try and refute that, Aether." Lux spit out that last word, her usual calm demeanor destroyed with Aether's appearance.

"Tisk, Tisk. Dont you trust me Lux? I successfully led the Dragons for a 1000 years without conflict. Does that not command some respect?" Said Aether with a thin smile. "I come in honesty to talk with your queen. And Receive my Punishment for the crimes I committed."

Granite

The young god of stone slowly, but surely encased Paloria in stone, giving her just enough time to see Aether.

"Aether, you did not lead dragons." Granite gave Aether a solemn look as he continued, "You merely watched over them, a steward in the place of our Queen."

Granite's voice was deep and gravelly, but spoken with a truth and conviction that was difficult to ignore.

"True that may be, Although I understand that I am your elder and your Queen's Dear Brother. So why do you distrust me?" Aether said somewhat hurt, though he maintained perfect posture.

Aer

"uuu-ummm. Ae-aether w-we distr-rust y-you b-because you ar-re t-the g-god of trick-ks." Aer fidgeted around in her little windstorm. Aether was making her nervous because he made Lux mad. Aer didn't like it when her Kin were mad. It scared her, and she wanted them to calm down.

"l-lux, pleas-se c-calm do-own..." she mumbled, just barely loud enough to be heard by the other gods.

"I am not the god of tricks, I am a god of deals. Not always honest ones, But my word is my bond and I am not here to trick you." Said Aether Softly "And Dear lux, I meant no harm."

Sihl

Sihl stepped forward, his armor still crackling with lightning"Aether, if what you speak is true, then you stand by our Queen?" Sihl began to believe Aether's words, not that he had doubted them in the first place. Paloria had chosen the god for a reason, hadn't she?

"I do, although i do think some punishment was in order for the both of us. In fact that is why im here, To accept my part of the blame." As Aether Said this Taliesin stamped nervously.

Lux

Forcefully calming herself down after Aer asked her to, Lux gave the other goddess a refreshing smile. Out of all of them, if Aer had an anxiety attack, it would be truly destructive.

"Aether, we know of your punishment. You are under our watch. If you harm the world on any grand scale, then we will be forced to put you down in order to keep the balance of this world safe." Lux declared their intentions immediately.

"Do not cross us Aether. You may be King in the eyes of our Queen, but you are not our brother." The threat was apparent in the goddess's words.

"As you wish." said Ather with a half bow, "And I have no intention of crossing you." After a moment Aether asked "Would it be reasonable for me to speak to the queen?"

-------------

Taliesin stood behind Aether, Emerald eyes downcast as he though about frailtear and how he had worried for her. He wondered if things could be the same now that she had such responsibility.

"Depends. You here to kill millions again?" A voice asks from above. A second later, the rock of the spire shakes as BurnHeart lands, depositing his rider as he looked down at the gods of his race, giving a respectful nod to the forces of nature themselves. He had no issue with them. His rider on the other hand... He hadn't taken his orders to be Paloria's Warden well. Of course, he obeyed his god, but he had said he felt like he could be doing more.

Tolanor had jumped off of his best friend and immediately made his way over towards the God of Magic, not a shred of hesitation in his body. His armoured boots crunched and slightly melted loose stones beneath them. Stopping just short of the rest of the god's, he crosses his arms at Aether, ignoring Taliesin. "If you're here to see the criminal, you'll have to be quick. Also, wait a bit since my new second favourite God," he tilts his head towards Granite. "Trapped her a little."

Back