Ages Eternal [IC] (Ages/Legends Eternal) War of the Gods

Immediately after rearriving upon Obus, Refcaskha set to work. Arriving during the night, he felt for his Avatars. Both were asleep. Good. Calling upon the lines of essence that tethered his Avatars to himself, they appeared in the ethereal realm with him. Feeling a portion of his power drain as they took upon their Ethereal forms for the second time, the duo increasing in size to almost match his height as he waited for the feeling to subside before looking down upon the two, who had taken to kneeling.

Tolanor was in his Vengeance form, his body a large mass of swirling flames and rock that let out strong bursts of divine power now that he was so close to his god. Bo'Akur was the same as she was in the mortal realm, except significantly larger of course. The two waited for their god to speak, not daring to look up from the ground before he did so.

Ref did not keep them waiting long. "A war is coming. The land that my first followers fled from is turning upon themselves." He states simply. The Avatars do not react, for they had already known this. Whispers, both from their god and from mortal mouths had told them so. What he said next however, surprised them. "The reason I have ordered you both to gather as many forces as you can... is because we will be participating."

Both Avatars felt shock running through them, although for different reasons. Tolanor was eager. He had felt only a fraction of the hatred of the northern continent, leaking through his connection with the Two-Sided God, but it had been enough to set both him and BurnHeart ablaze. They wished to unleash Vengeance upon those who had caused such rage and hatred, and it seemed as if they would be allowed to.

Bo'Akur was not so eager. The first to dare to look up, she gazed into the form of Justice personified, the silver, gold and flame tearing at her vision. She knew was fortunate that she held the position of Avatar, for merely gazing upon Refcaskha's divine form would have torn any of her brethren to nothing more than dust. "But my lord! To invade another country simply for the sake of Veng-" she begins before Refcaskha cuts her off.

"It is not simply for Vengeance, Bo'Akur. This is for Justice, more than anything. Both sides have committed grave wrongs, and it is up to us to make sure they receive punishment." The god states, looking down with pride upon his Avatar of Justice. To go against ones own god in the name of Justice was an admirable quality. He had chosen well. Looking at Tolanor, he speaks.

"Now, go prepare. Tolanor, gather your Crimson Knights. They will lead the humans into battle. Recruit as many as you can. Our forces may be few in number, but none can hope to match them." He says, banishing Tolanor back to the physical realm before turning back to Bo'Akur. "The Golems will be key to our army, if not the war. You must gather your Mages, your soldiers and your Giants. I understand you have recently discovered a new weapon for the behemoths?" He inquires.

Bo'Akur nods. "Yes, my God. A powerful weapon of obsidian and magicked flame. Essentially a spiked ball the size of ten Golems, it uses little holes in its body to eject flame, speeding it up to a great degree. The Giants hold the centre part of it, a part seperate from the rest of the weapon, allowing it to spin with ease while still held in place. Once released, it is capable of tearing through steel and bronze with ease. Only our flame Giants can move or even power it, but its effect upon the battlefield is devastating." She finishes explaining, head bowed.

"Good. See to it that we have enough prepared for battle." Refcaskha nods, almost dismissing her before a thought strikes him. Withdrawing the Sleeping One's essence, he passes it over to Bo'Akur, who gently takes it. "Allow none other than you to touch that. That is the essence of a god. You will task your people with the production of a focus to summon this god to the mortal realm." He says, before finally dismissing Bo'Akur.

Looking around, he found that he had little to do now. Retreating back towards his mountain home, he makes his way towards his birthplace. There would need to be more Golems for the upcoming war.

Last edited:
The Worm in Waiting shook her head. "My presence in the ocean lies wrapped around the Sleeping Isles of Slua, nowhere else. Though, I've heard rumors from home that a new god has come to join the war. They call it the Mind Eater." She paused. "I doubt this god is sided with us, and it's certainly not Hakku. I would disappear if he were to return. My sustaining prayers would be answered, and so I would lose purpose."

The Worm paced, thinking over the situation in her head. "This war disturbs me. I feel as though Slua itself may be threatened by it. My powers of creation are...lacking. If the Sleeping Isles were to be destroyed, I'd be unable to repair them." The Worm said. "So maybe it'd be best for me to bring more into the war effort. The mass graves of dragons lost to Mutuare stand rotting at the base of these mountains. These bodies are sweet with decay. To me, malleable."

The Worm looked over. By now, the sun had set, and the moon had begun to rise. She raised her hand and pointed to the white orb. After some time, a horrid shriek resounded from below the mountain as thousands of dragon corpses awoke and blended into one. Slowly, massive beings crawled into sight. They were hulking monstrosities with no recognizable shape. Their bodies were of many fused together, and even now the many corpses pulled closer to smooth, necrotic skin covered in cracked and pitted scales. Vague heads loomed with empty eyes and jagged teeth, drooling liquid starlight from their jaws. The Eight GraveBeasts of Slua had been born.

Sulyvahn_Beast_Concept_Art.jpg

Last edited:
After a minute, or was it a month? Somna felt a tug, a tug at the very fiber of her being. Somna transforms this tug into a rope pulling her into the other realm. She then spins this rope into a purple glowing portal to the other realm. As Somna steps through the portal, the Dreamscape unravels behind her. After thinking for a bit she duplicates herself and names this new Somna Somnus and makes him male, leaving him behind to tend to the Dreamscape in her absence.

Taking a deep breath, Somna steps through the Portal.
---------------------
The Golems looked up proudly at their most recent work, a massive statue just larger than a giant, with closed eyes, made of polished silver and gold. It wields a sword and shield. It is feminine in figure and modelled after a robed human woman. It will be the vessel for a new Goddess so it has to be perfect. All of a sudden though the Statue's closed eyes start to glow and a drowsy, peaceful feeling falls over the crowd. Somna has arrived.
---------------------
Somna arrives in a grand vaulted room, looking down from a great height. Hoping to get a better look at those that gave her this new body she tries to shrink, and fails. "What has happened to me?" She cries, "Why can't I do anything?" In another pathetic attempt to use her mysterious powers she jumps into the air in an attempt at flight. She however falls landing crouched on the ground. "And where are the colors?" She continues, "Everything's so dull and lifeless here!"

Last edited:
A golden golem stepped forward. He was a large being, and his presence alone made those of his kind stand back. Marching forward, he gestures towards a Magma Golem of near entirely obsidian at his side. The Obsidian Golem claps his hands once, before laying them on the ground. Immediately, the stone underneath the Golden King rose, taking the King of Golems up into the air to stand on the same level as the Sleeping One's face.

Kneeling on one knee before the Sleeping One, the Golden King greets her as his body tries to go to sleep, with the newly relaxed posture. "Greetings, Sleeping One. On behalf of the Golem people and our god Refcaskha, I welcome you to the physical world." He says, his voice booming throughout the cavern as the various craftsmen, Mages and nobles that had been tasked with the project kneel before the Sleeping One in waves, if they weren't already asleep.

"From what little has been explained to me by our Avatar, the world here is far different from that of your domain. The body you have been summoned in will remain a physical construct, bound by the rules of this plain until your divine essence settles. After that, my Mages have assured me you will have full access to your godly powers. It should take a few months for this to happen, however." He explains, standing once again and shaking his head. Being so close, even to a newly settled godly avatar, was draining on the King.

"As for the colours... well, we make do with what we have I'm afraid. However, this room was constructed hastily, and is nowhere near as beautiful as the rest of Kaubus Citadel. If you wish, I can give you a tour while Bo'Akur informs our god?"

"It will take a few months for me to settle? What's a month?" Somna asks.
The Golden King, not missing a beat, replies, "A month is thirty times the refraction crystal shines into the main cavern"
"Thank you. Anyways a tour sounds like a great idea. I will take you up on your offer." Somna says, "Let us first go to this main cavern you mentioned." She then looks off into the distance and tries to close the distance, and fails, and just stands there for a few minutes. "Physical limitations, right." She says taking her first few unsteady steps.

Frailtear travelled to the north, the winds lifting her great wings. Her goal, her mission, to find the Dwarves in their mountain homes. She travelled, looking down upon the mountains, until she came across one that smoked from a thousand different chimneys. Alighting upon the dormant volcano, Frailtear's form shifted into that of a human's.

Climbing down the mountain, she finally found the mountain's gates. As she got closer though, she was stopped by several plated dwarves. Each carried a wicked looking poleaxe. Having been stopped by these seasoned warriors, Frailtear called out, "I am Frailtear, chosen champion of Paloria, the goddess of fire and flame. I have come, seeking an audience with your ancient king. Dwarves of Dhordahn, will you not guide me to him?"

Last edited:
The soldiers headed their request. Inside Dhordahn, many temples stood, each dedicated to different deity invented by the dwarves; Without Dymos truly in the picture, the dwarves just made do. In the center of an under ground lake, their was a mighty bridge leading to a pillar in the middle. Their sat enthroned Hoursus Bloodbuckle; King of the Dhordahni Empire.

"Oh ho! What is this, small girl?" said Hoursus to Paloria's proposal. Stepping down, he was atleast half Frailtears height "Paloria sends for dwarves?! Oh, thank Nutmur Heavy-Hammer! The Dragons have come to there senses." the way this dwarf cause the handmaidens to panic as his hands waved near them made Frailtear a touch sick for reasons she might not fully understand. "Did'ja hear that lasses?? Oh, we oughta celebrate! We oughta take the day off for this'n!" turning back to Frailtear, he said "Well, I'm afraid we dwarves have got a lil 'condition'!" he pursed his lower lip at that "We take 75% o' the loot, first pick. We get to choose from ALL the loot." He took notice to the way Frailtear's eyes changed as he said this "Oh, and not for us. For Nutmur Heavy-Hammer and the Gulda of course, the true and very real gods of us dwarves!" Hoursus might not be serious, it was hard to tell.

Frailtear's eyes looked straight at the dwarven king in front of her. "King of Dwarves, we would not be able to grant you three quarters of the spoils, would fifty percent suffice. The humans who live among us, the Dru'Dar and those of Led will get their share, however it will be miniscule compared to the share your gods would receive."

Kneeling on her right knee, the woman placed her hand over her heart, her head bent. It was a human gesture, one of good faith and reverence. Flames threatened to burst from her skin though as she did this, a threat if any could be.

"We also require something of you. Steel, armor and arms. The more you provide, the more your warriors battle, the more sacrifices you will have for you gods." Tilting her head up, Frailtear's fiery eyes bored into the sickening Dwarf that stood in front of her.

"What say you, Hourus, King of Dhordahn?"

"Hm..." Hoursus' hand stroked his beard. He broke out laughing. "It be a deal then! Ya did good to see through that one, lass, got a good head on those shoulders!" Even his 'don't hurt me' is rather condescending. As frailtear left, Dwarves already began there work, and in a weeks time, if she would stay, her party would be given the first shipment of war-goods fit for humans (proportions are a bit off but it will still work).

Staying in the dwarven city, Frailtear might hear one or more of the many rumors floating about. Seers and prophets of H'mog in the islands of the M'jhudhu urge the polarized orcs there to join their other brethren against Aether and Paloria, or suffer H'mogs wrath. Hellion pirates have taken this opportunity on all fringe frontiers to run rampant as the war effort drains resource flow. Some even say Volytreig, The Warlord devil of the obsidian lord - Nutmur guide us - acts in greater degree now that the gods returned and stirred up conflict. some fear monger in the streets about how the end is nigh for this reason.

As the grave beasts clawed from the ground, Aether smiled thinly "Well done worm." Listening to the worms plight Aether tryed to reassure her "I promise you If your lands are destroyed I will do what i can to help you rebuild."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taliesin striding up beside Frailtear, gave a deep bow to the dwarf lord before saying "I will send Dru'Dar to Enchant the steal you provide, making it even stronger then Orchalium. Also this enchantment will allow you to slay the monsters of our enemy." Even though Taliesin spoke with a regal tone his eyes where alight with excitement at talking to a true Dwarf Lord! Taliesin now carried a thin sword at his side, which he only wore as decoration and at the insistence of Seven needles. Unfortunately even after hours of practice Taliesin still had no idea how to use it.

Seven Needles sat across from the other champions, waiting for them to finish. As he rose, there was a sullen silence. The People of Lead were unwelcome among the Dwarves. They'd been in competition for as long as they'd existed. Seven Needles was urked by these beings and their lack of sensibility, but he put his duty to the Worm higher than his own wants.

"Good Lord of Dwarves, I bring to thee the blessing of Slua's mistress: the Worm in Waiting." He said, "She gives you two gifts." He motioned with one hand to the left. "From a mass grave, she will raise a beast to protect you. And," he motioned to the other side, "the Worm will bless your kingdom with a new magic: necromancy. With it you can raise the dead." Seven Needles paused. "If these gifts do not sate you, ask for a different one. I will see if it can be done."

"In return, Lord of Dwarves, I, representing the Sleeping Isles and its people, beseech you: build for us a great tower of bronze for the crippled worm to mend her neck, and return to full power. If this agreement comes to pass, we of Slua will be at peace with you."

Paloria, after giving her very moving speech, went in search of her brother. Finding him at the graves of her children, Paloria smiled sadly. However, that sad smile became a ragged snarl as she saw what stood from her dead children. With her teeth barred, the great goddess of the dragons made her way to Aether. Her long neck bent over him, her wings outstretched. Her voice echoed throughout the graveyards.

"What are these monstrosities? What have you done to my sons and daughters, Aether?"

----------------------------------------------------------

Frailtear grimaced as she felt her mother's anger. However, the target of this anger was different. Aether? Why was Paloria angry at Aether? Turning towards Taliesin and Seven Needles, she posed her question.

"Paloria is angry. At Aether no less, would either of you know why?"

As she talked, Frailtear watched as the Dwarven King thought about the Leadian's offer. She was sickened by this king and wanted to get as far away from his as was physically possible. Please, oh please, let them come to a conclusion soon.

Aether hardly ever has felt true fear, but when Palori's Rage was focused on him. Aether's very bones turned cold. "Paloria I have done no wrong this day, The change was a necessary evil preformed by the Worm!" Aether shouted to his sister as she flew above, "Calm yourself Sister, If we are to save your children then we must make sacrifices." Aether paused then said softly "These are not your children anymore. Search your self Paloria, you know it to be true."

-----------------------------------------------------

"By Vanar's Hide! Paloria rage's aginst Aether?" Exclaimed Taliesin, "If they turn against one another all is lost." Taliesin closed his eyes and tried to feel aether but to no avail "I feel nothing from Aether, Seven Needles do you feel anything from the worm?"
Said Taliesin nervously.

Seven Needles nodded. "She's expended a great amount of power. Fused bodies together." He said. "I'm guessing it had something to do with the mass graves of the plague-ridden dragons."

-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-:-.-

The Worm in Waiting stepped beside Aether. "I'm the one who did it, yes." She said. "The dead are my domain, Paloria. Does it not make sense that your dragons, even in death, should assist you?" She paused. "Remember that I am a creature of the dead. My very body is a dead shell filled by prayer."

She continued on. "Mutuare gains new allies every day. If we're to stand a chance, we've to muster everything we can. After all, we've no idea what he and his allies have made to fight us."

Mutare works deep within the boggling network of tunnels he calls his lair. The God of Evolution and Change have been taking note of some of the notable creatures that his Garden have created. Large and small, these plants and animals have each evolved from their earliest creation to be dangerous, venomous, carnivorous or a combination of the three. These creatures have impressed Mutare as they have not only survived this long, but have thrived making them either numerous or extremely deadly. As he categorize and take note of the creatures, Mutare is also working on a secret project. It involves many captured hatchlings and eggs taken during the confusion of the Crackling Scales, and the most powerful venoms the Garden can produce.

Razomites: Dog sized creatures with a fast reproductive cycle, the Razomites are four legged beings with long spikes jutting from their backs as well as terrible claws and talon like fangs used to hold, grasp and pull apart prey. The wild variants are deadly, but the ones bred by the Quash are even more so through selective breeding. The Razomites are a common predator in the Garden of Change, living in packs of around 10-20 individuals. They are nomadic and are smarter then one would let one, allowing them to use group tactics to ambush and kill prey.

Quella Rams: A bipedal herbivorous reptilian creature with a round bony head which it uses as a ram. The creature travels in groups of 10-20 individuals, feeding on either small creatures or non-toxic plants. It's naturally docile in nature, but when provide the Qualla Ram stampedes with their heads lowered, ramming then trampling any creature unfortunate enough to stand in their way. The creature is the size of a horse and is actually used by the Quash as mounts in battle.\

Pliler Flies: The title of 'flies' is rather misleading, as they more resemble bees the flies. The animals are not much of a threat on their own, but they have a rather deadly attribute, primarily the fact they carry with them all sorts of diseases on their feet and mouth through their feeding on corpses. They are naturally solitary creatures but a single corpse can have hundreds of Pliler Flies on them. The only thing worst is that the Pliler Flies tend to bite when startled, which means the diseases on their mouths have now transmitted to whoever disturbs them.

Sharto Birds: The Sharto Birds are nonflying birds that live in many colonies of a few individuals to several dozen. They are herbivorous and are highly territorial, standing at 8ft tall and have sharp beaks and curved talons, which it uses to disembowel potential attackers. If the attacker is too large or is clearly capable of destroying the entire flock, the Sharto Birds will run to fight another day.

Barni Lurk: The Barni Lurk is a strange and frighting creature. Its skin has the same color and texture as bark, and it can flatten its body to be nearly indistinguishable from bark. It doesn't move during the day, unless provoked, and will unlatch itself from its tree home to reveal that it is a four legged goat sized creature with a insectoid head and a stinger mouth. The Barni Lurk's feet are curved inward to protect their hook like claws, which also looks and feels like bark, and the creature is as silent as one can be. It looks for sleeping creatures to attack, sticking its mouth slowly and silently into the prey and draining them of their blood though a 2 inch entry hole. It only needs a cup of blood to sustain itself, but its mouth contains an anti-clotting toxin that prevents wounds from sealing properly, meaning most creatures that are attacked by the creature dies from the massive amount of blood lost. The creature has an incredible sense of smell, allowing it to smell blood for up to 3 miles. If there is fresh warm blood and there are multiple Barni Lurks, it is not unusual for the individuals to share the body or bodies as the case may be.

Colot Lizards: Vicious fast reproducing lizards, living in the trees of the Garden of Change. They are the size of small cats, but make up for their size by living in large colonies of 400 at the lowest and 5600 at the highest. They are venomous omnivorous animals with green to brown scales and can quickly scamper up and down trees with little problem. While they spend most of their time in the trees, eating the leaves of toxic plants, of which they are immune to and the reason they are so toxic to begin with, they do have a taste for meat and when prey comes along, the Colot Lizards will all quickly climb down their trees in their hundreds in order to swarm, bite, scratch and tear at their target(s) until they are incapacitated due to blood loss or the massive amount of venom that is now in their system. Once their prey is downed, the Lizards will begin eating their kill, and any other Colot lizards that might have been incapacitated or killed in the encounter

Topis Birds: Split into two categories, the Topis Birds are high flying creatures who nest in the large branches of the Garden's trees. They are carnivorous creatures who capture unfortunate prey and then skewer them on the branches for feasting. They are the size of large eagles, and work together in tandem to capture prey. Hunting in groups of 6-12, a team of 4 Topis birds pick prey up from the forest grounds using long grasping talons, before the rest peeling off any hard armor plating or shell that is on the victim before impaling them on a branch. Once secure the Topis will begin to feast and if they cannot finish, the Topis shall leave the corpse on the tree to consume at a later date.

Scoro Crawler: A deadly creature half the size of a Dragon, the Scoro Crawler is the second of the two apex predators of the Garden of Change. The Scoro Crawler is a powerful creature, with the look of a massively flat centipede with 30 pairs of legs and 3 pairs of claws, and fanged mouth. The creature scours the Garden for prey and when it finds them, it kills them with either its massive rending claws, piercing fangs or by spraying a paralyzing venom from their claws like cannons. However when the prey is caught it will not eat them right away. Despite their vicious nature, they are very sociable creatures and will bring their catch to their nesting group, a territory of around 15-20 adults and 14-26 juveniles, to share with the group. When invaders step upon the Scoro Crawler's territory it is not uncommon for the entire group to attack the invaders as one group.

Goreslythe Beetle: The undisputed apex predator of the Garden of Change. The creature is the size of a dragon with a thick, near impenetrable shell, six powerful legs, scything claws where its shell meats the head, three eyes and its mouth is filled with gnashing teeth. It can spit out a thick mucus can quickly hardens to trap prey and its claws can be used to hold down large prey animals that are otherwise to large for other creatures to consume. Its shell is covered with yard long spikes as thick as an arm which it can fire out at will. The spikes are coated in a deadly toxin that is unique to each Goreslythe, meaning even Goreslythes can fall to other the venom of other Goreslythes. They are solitary and aggressive creatures, only coming together to mate and breed. Otherwise they are deadly and terrifying creatures, capable of destroying entire units of Quash warriors.

Feasting Puddles: A collection of billions of microscopic fungal spores, the Feasting Puddle moves across the forest floor as undulating pool of slime. While the Feasting Puddle seems harmless, it is a hunting organism. It either grabs its victim or waits until their prey steps on them. Afterwards it tries to smother them with inhuman strength. When its prey its subdued it shall begin digesting its new meal, consuming the prey over the course of several days, until they are nothing but a rotten corpse. The Feasting Puddle is always shifting and moving, making freeing caught victims a near impossible task.

Blast Apple Tree: A stationary tree, with red scaly fruit attached to its branches. However only 1/6th of the fruit produce are actually fruit. The rest are a vessel for explosive chemicals and gasses that, when the skin is punctured cause a powerful explosion that can blow off the biter's head. The fruit is sometimes used as landmines and traps by the Quash with a spike exposed about an inch from the ground and just barely poking into the fruit, where if someone steps on the spike, there is a 5/6th chance that the fruit will be pierced and the fruit shall explode, often times taking the foot or even legs of the poor victim.

Butcher Tree: A deadly tree with leafless, moving branches. The branches can pierce even armor forged in a furnace as the branches quickly slash and stab at nearby fauna to capture and pull in towards the base of the tree in order to allow the bodies to decompose and rot in order to gain nutrients from the corpses.

Strangling Vines: A dangerous vine, one that is not directly deadly, but is terrifying all the same. The vine is thick, strong and covered in razor sharp thorns. The thorns are easily broken by creatures simply bumping or walking across the vine, but the vine's thorns hold a deadly poison of which the vines are known for. The poison causes one's throat to close as if they were strangled and the victim will die of suffocation.

Carrion Flowers: Deadly flowers that hang high in the canopy, the size of people, the Carrion Flowers are carnivorous plants, though they seem beautiful with their green petal and yellow stripes. The Flowers have long vines that hang to the forest floor, inditinguishable from regular vines. When touched the vines will immediately grab whoever touched it and pull the victim towards it's center. The vine is tougher then other vines, being difficult to tear into with teeth, claws or even blade, and when the victim reaches the flower, the plant will clothes and crush the victim inside. The mangled remains will stay there for several days until the flower digests the corpse in its entirety before reopening and lowering its vine yet again.

Last edited:
Housus was pleased. He didn't think he would get anything else. Then the person of Lead spoke. "OH HO! So the truth comes out!! The people of lead NEED the Dwarves for their lil god!" Hoursus laughed. This might not end well.

"Go on, I wanna hear you say it!! Say you need us!"

Taliesin took a step back, Ears twitching nervously. What had Housus done...

"I see you're to refuse our offer." Seven Needles said. He twitched, feeling a bubbling rage inside. "The Worm will see to you when this war is over, Dwarf. For your sake, I would suggest you consider your words more carefully in the future."

With that, he took out Hakku's Lance, and struck it on the floor. A sickly odor filled the room, and an ugly monument rose from beneath the tiles. It depicted a creature that would make even a jaded warrior sick to the stomach, staring straight into Housus's eyes: the feared mythological entity known as the Beast of Curse. His act complete, Seven Needles indignantly turned and left.

Hoursus stared into the sickening symbol before him. He simply said "New deal. People of lead get nothing. You guys still get whatcha need. This... "Seven Needles"?" he spat "He stays with us." hate, a hate born of insecurity, was present in his tone. He did not have good plans for Seven Needles.

"Oh?" Seven Needles said, facing to Housus. "You tempt fate, Dwarf." He said. "I warn you that your gods have no power over me."

Back