Ages Eternal [IC] (Ages/Legends Eternal) War of the Gods

Taliesin's Eyes Turned a fierce glowing purple and his Eidolon glowed with arcane power "SILE!" he shouted casting an incantation to freeze both Seven Needles and Hourus.

"By H'mog's Thick skull! You two will dooms us all!" Screeched Taliesin, "We must work together or all die in this war. If you think you can hide here dwarf you are mistaken and if you think you can hold three champions you will die." Taliesin said this with an uncharacteristic amount of force.

Hoursus laughed... eagerly? Ignoring Taliesin, he said "OH, Lead-y, y'think so?! You don't know whatcher up against then, I'm 'fraid." As he said this, a strange glow filled the back of his eyes. Static was in the air. Something seemed... Off, about the whole place. the six temples of gods you don't fully recognize stood imposingly around you. Except, that's not how many manufactured gods the Dwarves have... Hoursus turned back to Taliesin. "You'll get yer goods. I get Lead-y. Deal?"

"Damn you're more stubborn then H'mog on a Tuesday! NO Seven Needles is under the direct Protection of Aether." then with a slightly sly smile "We wouldnt want a God to Hex you, now would we?"
As Taliesin spoke his now purple eyes intensified and let off a burning radiance. "Now, let me ask you again. Please let my friend leave and supply the people of Lead with goods."

"Unfreeze me, Taliesin. You disgrace me with this spell." He said. Then Seven Needles turned his attention to Hoursus. "So you can summon the power of a dead god?" He spat. "I summon the power of Hakku, and the Worm in Waiting stands by my side!" He boasted. "Even if you kill me, the Worm will come. She will turn your empire to a mass grave. Whether you live or die doesn't matter. The Worm will have her way."

Pale blue dust rose from Hakku's lance, breaking away Taliesin's magic. Black slime dripped from the staff like blood. "I, cleric knight of Hakku and champion of the Worm in Waiting, beseech thee to surrender. Else, face death and slavery to our Mistress!" Seven Needles threatened.

"Sorry Seven." Said Taliesin downcast, his eyes fading somewhat. "I was hope to avoid conflict. I meant no disgrace." Speeking thus Taliesin's ears drooped down.

Hoursus and his court grew silent. A smile stretched across his face. the room was full of unnatural serenity. "Oooh, Lead-y..." Murmured Hoursus "...Ya just don't get it! We don't pray to dead gods AT ALL... and our power is very, VERY, real..." Static grew stronger. Taliesin and Frailtears hair stood on end. His eyes glowed the color of lightning. "We can offer ya real great boons. We can help you win! ...or not. My gods are VERY REAL... now, Lead-y, or no deal?

Seven Needles, in a move that surprised everybody, threw back his head and laughed. He slammed the lance on the ground, his rage finally taking hold. He pointed the wilted weapon at Hoursus. "We don't need your steel, you foolish Dwarf. We could just kill you and take it all for ourselves!" He roared, almost sounding gleeful. "Your show is nothing!" He waved his hand for emphasis. "My good mistress could swallow your city whole! She could consume the moon itself, and she will soon enough! What can you do? Make a rainstorm?"

"You and your kind will see their fall on this day! Come and meet your death, you slime!" Seven Needles thrust the lance forward. A beam of brilliant starlight flashed from the tip, crackling and burning the air as it sped towards Hoursus.

Shocked by Seven Needles brashness, Taliesin lost the spell holding Hoursus. Jumping forward with his sword he batted seven needles lance to the side, but Taliesin lost his grip on the hilt of his sword making it fly and clatter on the ground. Taliesin gave a week grin to Seven needles. "Frailtear help..." Taliesin whimpered with a gulp.

@Drakey

Last edited:
Hoursus took the bolt to the face. Moonfire consumed his body. For a second the court was shocked at seemed to be their end. For only a second.

Voices sung in the distance, dark, evil voices. It sounded almost like a mother singing a twisted lullaby. Thunderstorms brewed. The air grew cold. And the black throne of Hoursus, which you just realised was made of obsidian, lit aflame... Dead Hoursus stood up. "Nutmur, Gulda, Arazaek, Yozead, Machinydomo, Barisdraem's Behemoth... THROMDORIC..." he muttered, but in the distance you heard the names echo around you as "Six Evils... Come to me... NONPA, grant power!!"

A clang echoed out through the throne room as the magic suddenly ground to a halt, the sound of electrified metal filling the room until all that was left was the sound of steam as the being in the way of the magic inspected their hands before turning toward sthe task at hand. Bo'Akur marched forward, hands still steaming as her Silver Golem entourage carefully watched the champions of the opposing faction, their bodies ready at any moment to give the Avatar of Justice a chance.

Striding forward, the tall Bo'Akur kneels on one knee before the throne of the Dwarf King. "Greetings, King Hoursus of the dwarves. I am Bo'Akur, Avatar of Justice. I am here in the name of my god, Refcaskha, to humbly ask your aid in the upcoming war against the tyranny that is the dragon mother. My god wishes to take vengeance upon those who have destroyed families and brought entire races to their knees in a childish pursuit of power confirmation. Your gods are as noble as mine, I am told, and I know that you represent that."

The first of the Silver Golems remains kneeling before the King of the Dwarves. "Our offers are simple. Should we win, the dwarves would get the Great Mountain and as much loot as they can carry off before the Orcs finish picking off survivors. You would also have a home upon the continent of Obus, should you ever need it. We would welcome such a noble race with open arms." She finishes, rising and facing the opposing champions.

"And, as a bonus, not try and kill you like some sort of demented child refused its candy." She adds, her unmoving face giving off a feeling of smiling none the less.

((Bit late I know, sorry.))

It was then (because no one gave her a chance!!!!) that Frailtear stepped forward. Kneeling down, as much as she hated it, the woman spoke.

"My Lord Hourus, please, forgive this ingrate. He has only recently joined us and is not yet accostumed to being in the presence of royalty. If you so choose, then, please, let me exact a rightful punishment on this man of Led." At the last whisper of sound passed from her lips, Frailtear's form began to smoke, flames licking her skin.

In her place stood a great dragon. Her scales red as flame, broken and chipped in places. While many dragons sported such wounds, the pattern of them was distinct to Mutare's plague. Still cloaked in fire, Frailtear's front paw came down upon Seven Needles, pinning him to the ground. Great flames sprouted up around his prone form.

Her great head turned towards the risen king, Frailtear continued, "Will that satisfy you, great dwarf?"

Suddenly, a golem, one made of silver, stood before them all. Announcing itself as Bo'Akur, she too tried to win the King's favor. Fearing this kings judgement, Frailtear pushed forward with her words. Staring down Bo'Akur, a small flame of anger growing in the pit if her stomach, the dragon spoke.

"Surely King Hourus, master of the Dwarves of Dhordahn, would not go against his word. Surely not because some ingrate Ledian who does not know his place."

However, as she spoke, the Dwarf's gods came into mind. And it sickened her to her core.

"Hum... Yar right, Lass." said Hoursus. But something caught his attention when Bo'akur mentioned 'god of justice' and never let go. "Okay. Silver lady, ya got our aid. Sorry, dragon-lass, and friends, but I seem to recall the deal was 'Lead-y or bust', Last I checked. Now if ya want to respect me domain, ya will leave." those last few words echoed in a different, strange voice.

In response, Frailtear dragged both Seven Needles and Taliesin from the twisted dwarf's hall. Thankful to be free from that putrid cavern, the young Champions made their way to the kingdom of Begdor.

This time, after being thoroughly chastined by Frailtear, Seven Needles was able to hold his tongue. Thankfully, Hrothgar, King of Begdor, was also much more civilized than Hourus. After reaching an agreement, one that was much more favorable, the trio made their way to the lands of the faeries.

That meeting went smoothly as Seven Needles was kept silent by a look from Frailtear, the unannounced leader of the three. After the faeries and Taliesin struck a cord of friendship, they too joined paloria's cause.

Both nations sent representatives to the Dragon's City. An entourage of fifty faeries and fifty dwarves, of which, Hrothgar came himself. Having heard legends of the earth-bound goddess, Paloria, he too wished to lay eyes upon the great goddess.

Refcaskha had no clue what he was doing really. In general and right then. The war hasn't even started and already he could feel it taxing on him, his people scrambling to deny any potential aid to their already formidable enemy. From what his people have told him... it didn't look good. Sure, they technically had more gods, but on the mortal side of things...

Well, he was pretty sure Paloria's forces alone could give him and his allies trouble. Which is why he was where he was right now, standing in the middle of the ocean with land nowhere to be seen. His curved, polished feet boiled the sea around them, the divine flame sending vapours of steam rushing into the air.

He didn't know if this would work. It was more of a hunch really. He was near where they had first met, albeit a bit closer to Idain than Obus, which had him slightly concerned. He didn't like leaving his home, his people, even for a second. Never really knew when the war would kick off.

Before he can get lost in his thoughts and go pay the Sleeping One a visit, however, he felt it. The familiar presence. Turning around, he was greeted with the sight of Eellae for the second time since his creation, the shining lights of her form illuminating the dusk.

"I've come to ask for your help."

Eellae paused "My... help? You want me to help you stop Paloria? Wow, it must not be good for you boys-" she paused, for the longest time... Something clicked in her. "No. No I will not join your silly war." Refcaskha was visibly disappointed, until she spoke again, rather coy "Unless I get a good reason."

"Y'know, I found some humans, Like the ones you like to play with, up by this 'Idain' place. I like them. The men aren't good conversationalists though... Boring. They're boring." Refcaskha might have been close to interrupting her, when she said "It be great to have a man I liked... Oh, no, not you." the lights turned reddish " But I heard about Idain's gods... Tell me, is Mutare as interesting as he sounds? Maybe... Nah... Well, maybe we could trade. Mutare, for my help. If we win of course..." Led Eellae. This was a side Refcaskha did not see in her before. and as if to clear up any doubts, she continued "Forever, of course. He'd stay with me, underwater, forever upon our victory. Deal?"

Seven Needles sullenly stood against a wall, arms crossed. "So you think you're the best, dragon girl?" He grumbled, looking at Frailtear, who was quite far away. "Demeaning me in front of a dwarf, attempting to pledge allegiance to a creature who worships Nonpa?" He gritted his teeth. "What a fool. You'll do anything to sate your goddess's rage." He thought it over in his head. "I don't understand why the Worm chose to side with scum like you." He turned and left. "Perhaps my mistress will tell me." With that, he left for the city, asking whether Taliesin might be available. Perhaps he could bring that Dru'dar and possibly, even Aether, to the Worm in Waiting herself. Not some flimsy avatar. He'd a feeling those two didn't respect the Worm as much as he'd like. Perhaps gazing upon her true form, and hearing her real voice, would instill the respect they deserved.

Refcaskha looked at Eellae and through. Ignoring the comment earlier (that would be approached later when he was alone and had time to break it down), his mind focuses upon Eellae's demands.

They were... Well, as they currently stood they were unreasonable. True, Mutare would receive punishment if they won, but an eternity away from his life goal, trapped in the sea with a personality such as Eellae... The already (probably) insane God might just snap.

"No deal. Mutare is still a god, and our cousin, sister." He begins, holding his hand up before Eellae can speak. "However, he still deserves punishment for his crimes. I propose a counter offer. He will stay with you for the duration of his punishment, with you as his warden and jailor, free to do as you wish provided you do not harm him."

A seemingly human man garbed in a tan tattered cloak stood leaning on a ancient looking walk staff, a simple satchel spotted and worn from travel hung at his side. His features where slight and a thin smile crept along his face. The hood He wore shaded most of His face, but you could clearly see a single dazzling green eye that shone with wisdom and knowledge unfitting of the young face it sat in.

Taliesin sat across from this figure, nose twitching nervously as seven needles walked up to him with a scowl.

Back