[IC] Expedition #1

Rachel Rider

Smol Turtle Girl
This is the expedition with Mira @BlueRose Jocra @Beebasaur Mystic @Kiki Zapatos Rei @Emory And Ageoh.

Ivear grabbed the rope and satchels, handing a bag to each of the participants. So you’ll just be looking for treasure, the best spots are pretty far down, and caves can always have some stuff hidden.” Ivear said as she headed over to the launch zone, making sure the rest were following. “Be careful out their guys.” The Gloz nimbly tied the rope to a strong and sturdy spot before turning towards the group.
Ageoh grunted as he checked the rope. Even though he wouldn’t be using it, it’s alway best to make sure that the Esky doesn’t fall, especially Mystic, she was a sweet lass. Once he was satisfied with the rope, he grinned and bellowed “Let’s get this show on the road!”

Mystic held tightly to the rope. She was excited to begin looking for different treasures. She still had her weapons at hand, just in case, they ran into danger. She looked down and saw that they had nearly reached a small cavern. Mystic spoke up to Ageoh, "I see a cavern below us. You up to explore it?"

Last edited:
“Sure,” He said as he claimed down to adds the entrance, making a bit of a ledge with his rock for the Esky to land on.
The entrance of the cave was small, but it grew larger once they got insed. It was dark, scarcely illuminated by the soft glow of Mira’s wehesh.
“Can we get some light in ‘ere?” Ageoh asked.

Mira floated down towards the Esky and the Krua. “yeah here I come” she said loudly. When she came closer to the cave her blue light spread to the cave and her light blue light mixed with Weshy’s darker blue light. She looked around the cave that looked bigger then it samed at first sight.

Mystic gasped at how big the cave was. She noticed something shiny and clear, almost like the surface of the water. However, as she moved closer towards it, an irresistible pull making her move closer toward it, she was in a cave lake. Deeper than anything she knew, deeper than the ocean. Suddenly, something began pulling at her leg... Mystic was going to take care of it with her weapon, but her tools seemed to have no effect under water. She could only hope that her fellow explorers would save her...

Last edited:
For the beginning of the expedition Rei stuck to the rear of the group scanning their surroundings through the narrow slants of his eyes. Yet, as he watched Mystic enter the lake his chest suddenly started to thud uncontrollably. Something was wrong. She was struggling with something underneath the surface and whatever it was it wasn’t letting go.

In the blink of an eye his knife was drawn and he was racing towards the water, diving in with blind conviction on his mind. It was dark in the cave which made spotting the thing impossible. Instead, he jabbed in the general direction of the assailant, the water weighing down on his arm. Struggling to hold his breath he lashed out with his claws and gasped as he caught something fleshy graze his hand. And then she was free and Rei wrapped a firm arm around the little Esky, wrenching her above the surface while paddling with the other arm back towards the shore. It was a difficult swim but with his adrenaline kicking in he managed to cover the short distant fairly quickly and pushed her ahead onto dry land. Once he got his feet back under him he shook the water out of his fur and turned a concerned eye on Mystic. “There’s something in the water,” he said between breaths, a crooked smirk on his face.

Mira float in the direction of Mystic and Rei as fast as she could when she close to the two. “are you fine?” she asked while kneeling down in front of the little Esky hugging the girl tightly against her chest. The lake looked dark, deep. Mira used at her constant light blue light around her never really knew darkness. She looked up at the Waly “I knew I could trust you” she said. Little Weshy came closer and pushed it self against Mystic shoulders as to make sure she is fine.

Mystic coughed and sputtered out water. "I'm fine..." She looked up at Rei and smiled at him. Mira was right, he could be trusted. He just had a rough exterior. Slowly, Mystic blinked and stood up. She wanted to make sure whatever tried to kill her, didn't get another chance. Especially not to hurt her friends. "We definitely need to stick together. Who knows what could be lurking in this cavern." The small Esky announced.

Rei nodded at Mystic’s insistance that she was fine. “Right. Everybody stay close.” As he spoke he fiddled with his claws wiping away some blood that was matted over the copper fur of his fingers. It must’ve been from whatever had grabbed Mystic back in the lake, though that wasn’t the only blood stuck to his fur. Around his ribs he felt a slight, jabbing pain and found a long slash across his chest. Scarlett blood seeped from the fresh wound and dripped onto the black slab of rock below. Without a word he knelt down and pulled a handfull of cloth from his bandolier, wrapping it tightly around the wound before returning to his feet and continuing on in silence.

Ageoh looked at the water, careful not to touch it.
“Looks a bit more like a quick sinking mud. Still, I wouldn’t want to take a dip anytime soon.” He bemused. “I’ll get us a bridge across, shouldn’t be too long.”
Taking a massive bag of rocks, he downs the stony snack and begins laying down a bridge, getting about halfway to the other side before running out and eating another rocky bag. He makes it to the other side with three bags left.
The other side is dim, the light of the two Gloz and Wehesh from the other side barely lighting the bridge. There are some glinting things in the walls, barely peaking out of the surrounding stone.
“I think I found something!” Ageoh calls out across the water.

Mystic held her bow close to her as she walked across the newly built bridge. She held Rei's gift of a knife in her hand, careful that the creature that had grabbed her before wouldn't hurt her or her friends again. The rocky bridge was sturdy, but something bothered Mystic. It was almost as if the creature had implanted something into the young Esky's mind before Rei killed it. Suddenly, Ageoh called out and Mystic snapped back to reality. She blinked twice, her sight not very good despite Mira and Weshey's light. Returning the call, Mystic asked Ageoh, "Can you tell what it is?"

Hoffa slowly hovered down, following the others as his hands gave off a soft yellow light. It was hardly visible against Mira’s far brighter glow, yet he kept glowing. It gave him the feeling that he was helpful, we was useful, and that he was important on this team. Slowly floating towards the others, he was careful not to look down as he floated across the newly made bridge. When he was younger he had loved to fly soaring this way and that, though one day he rammed against a wall falling and nearly killing himself in the process. Since then he had been terrified of heights and even more so of flying, yet Jocra sucked up his fears and moved forward, the only sign being the slight quivering in his hands.

@Beebasaur
Mystic noticed Jocra's hands quivering and smiled at him, speaking with concern, "Are you okay?" She looked intently at the Krua and offered her own hand. It was the best she could do to help him at the moment. After all, everyone has a weakness. Mystic's weakness was the fact that she didn't know how to swim. Not that she would ever admit that to her team. Quietly, she thought to herself as she awaited Jocra's response, They probably already know, due to the fact that I couldn't get out of the water on my own.

Jocra glanced over at mystic his eyes widening a bit before he glanced away once more, “I am fine...” he said softly, his melodic voice echoing quietly through the cave. He quickly put his hands to his sides, extinguishing the light though not affecting how dark the area was in the least bit. He held his arms firmly to his sides, his hands still quivering despite the fact he had now lowered himself and only hovered a couple inches off the floor. He wouldn’t admit he was scared, especially not to these guys, he was already practically useless on this team, he didn’t need to give them more reason to send him back.

Mira nodded relieved when Mystic told everything was fine. With glance on Rei she saw that he wasn’t. He will be ok she told herself. He was able to heal the krua so he would sure be able to heal his own wounds. Mira float towards Ageoh close followed by Weshy when he exclaimed he found something, taking there light with them. “what did you found?” She asked him. However she didn’t wait for an answer when she saw the glinting things in the walls. Intrigued she floated closer towards the wall.
@Beebasaur

The walls were studded with bits of glass, sparkling in many different colors as the light grew closer. They appeared to be partially stuck in the rock.

“I could pry them out, but it’d be better with more light. Don’t want to ruin the treasure or my hands.” Ageoh said, squinting to inspect one of the glass shards. Glass was highly prized in Ledge as it was used for windows and other luxuries.

Rei, despite the stabbing pain in his chest, picked up the pace and reached the front of the group with a quickness that conveyed determination. He said nothing of the cut along his chest, mainly because he didn’t want to admit that he wasn’t entirely certain there was actually anything in the water. Something had cut him, but it may have simply been a loose branch or log underneath the surface.

Regardless, he remained silent and strided towards the glass shards found up ahead. “Would you look at that,” he mused. “Here, I can dig up some of the outlying rock while you pry the shards out,” he said brandishing his claws.

Mystic took out her pickaxe. She also took out her bow, just in case something decided to attack them. She announced, "I can dig or stand guard. Whichever you guys think I should do, I'll do. For now, though, I'm gonna help Rei." With that, she began using her pick to dig away some of the surrounding rock. Of course, she was careful of Rei's claws, so as not to hurt him.

Suddenly, a wild Coataqu appeared. It hissed at Ivear and Mira. The small Esky stood up quickly, dropping her pick. Sadly, she dropped it right on Rei's hand. Oops. There would be time to fix that later. Right now, her friends were about to be Coataqu food. Mystic couldn't let that happen. Docking an arrow, she nodded towards Mira, Ivear, Ageoh, and Rei. "Stand back guys. I'm about to end this Coataqu's hunt." With those words, she pulled back on the string, releasing the arrow. Striking its target right in the eye, the arrow caused some damage. However, resulting from the hissing roar the spider-like creature made, it was definitely not enough. Turning to Ageoh, she said, "Looks like this beast will take some work to go down. You up for helping me out?"

Jocra hearing his cue rushed over to the others, offering his small bit of light hoping it would be enough when a loud snarl from behind made him jump. A wild Coataqu had appeared behind them and despite being shot in the eye it kept advancing, lighting the way was quickly forgotten and Jocra rushed over to hide behind the safety of the others, despite feeling so safer there then he was before. He wasn’t a fighter that was sure, and beside it wasn’t as if he could really help much expect for offer up a little bit of light. No it was fine if he hid, it wouldn’t matter.

Ageoh gave a coarse chuckle. “Well, we got a guest!” He grinned manically, he sharp teeth and claws bring bared in anticipation. He quickly rushed at the Coataqu, slashing at where the arrow had hit. The creature hissed and retreated, though not dead, it was severely wounded. He shrugged it off and turned back towards the wall, starting to dig around the glass, filling his satchel.
“It’d be best that we keep and eye out, it’s probably building a quick web to block out escape.” He says has he pries a green piece of glass out of the wall. “Everyone okay?”

Back