[IC] Expedition #1

Mira provided light to the two other digging and looked up to the other Gloz whoes light added to hers. Suddenly an spiderlike creature appeared. It looked though and even an arrow through his eye didn’t stop him from coming. Mira pulled her sword and took an fighting position but, before she could actually attack Ageoh already took care of it. Mira nodded “yes I am fine. We can slice through an web can’t we?” Mira said.

Mystic kept her bow up, for she was quite shaken from the encounter. "Yeah. I'm okay." She slowly lowered her bow and walked over to Rei. Wincing, she lifted her pickaxe off of his claw. She apologized as she moved the pick to dig at another area around the glassy gem.

Rei winced as the pickaxe was pulled from his hand. “Ow,” he said, letting a pained expression to escape his mouth only for a brief moment before it was soon covered by a thin lipped grin. “When I said cover me this wasn’t what I had in mind.” He shook the hand a little to loosen it up before he whirled around and continued working at the glass shards with increased vigor.

This causes a small laugh to escape from Mystic's lips. She continued to dig as she said, "Yeah. I figured, sorry about that. The Coatqu shocked me." Suddenly, the Esky hit something hard. It was definitely not a rock, but it was too dark to see if it was a gem. She looked up at Mira and said, "Light, please?"

@Beebasaur (sorry i forgot last time)
Mira float closer towards Mystic to give her light “Rei got hurt though when he saved Mystic” she said nodding towards the bandage of Rei. He seemed to stubbornly to treat the wounds on his hands for some reason. Maybe he couldn’t grow his healing plant when he was wounded. She was sure the others would find a way to heal him.

Mystic replied to Mystic, "Thanks for the light. He got hurt?" It was just then that Mystic noticed a large bandage wrapped around the Wali's fur. She gasped and said, "You're right Mira. That looks bad..." The Esky was concerned for the Wali, but she wouldn't let it show. She continued to pick around the newfound material. "It's a gem alright, although I can't tell what kind. Doesn't look anything like anything I've seen before..."

Last edited:
Jocra, glanced down at the stone, it’s crystal like surface glittering from the light of the other Gloz. It was absolutely astounding, like nothing he had seen before, granted he hadn’t really looked before, and Jocra found himself hawking at it’s brilliance. “It is beautiful” he sung softly, his words meant only for himself but traveling quite a bit in the echoing caverns. His eyes were drawn to the colourful reflections along the walls that were caused by the Gloz light and the glassy stones, the awe clearly visible on his face. ‘Maybe this won’t be so bad after all’ he thought slowly.

Rei continued working despite the incursion with the Coataqu trusting in the others to cover him should it return. He noticed that everyone suddenly sounded excited so he glanced back and caught site of the gem Mystic had found before turning back to the shards. He could almost feel them slipping free from the stone...

Mira looked over at the gem Mystic found. She looked at the beautiful gem and couldn’t help but wonder what Thom would have done when he found something like that. She closed her eyes for a moment to see him staring fascinated at an gem he found at another expedition. Mira looked at the others and the bandage of Rei again got her eye. She nearly forgotten it due to the gem. “Do you need help? Helping each other would help bounding.” Mira said to him directly giving him an reason to let them help.
@Beebasaur

Mystic said, "I really want to know what kind of gem this is. Should we grab it and take it back to the Department? Maybe one of the leaders can assist us." She glanced at Rei and Mira and suddenly she felt sad for the Wali. Despite the fact that she was mad at him hours before, he did apologize and give her a gift. He also saved her life. Peering into the dark of the cavern, Mystic sighed. Hopefully, they wouldn't run into anything else.
@Beebasaur

“I’m fine,” Rei insisted. His voice was brisk as if he were trying to dismiss the possibility of him actually needing assistance. A trickle of blood weaved its way down his copper fur, yet the wound wasn’t too deep. He’d be fine once they were back at the expedition department so he placed his focus back on his work. With a final jerk a glass shard came free and he fumbled with it to ensure that it didn’t hit the ground and shatter into a million pieces.

Jocra watched silently as the glass shard was slowly freed from it’s rocky prison, and he jerked forward as Red fumbled with the delicate stone, not even realising he was doing so. Once he did realise he had just jumped forward, nearly knocking some of the other group down in an attempt to save a stone that was clearly fine, his face began to turn a light shade of red and he quickly backed up again, returning to his position from the sidelines, though his eyes stayed firmly locked on the stone.

“Do you want to go back already? We have one with us” Mira said disappointed. They barely started. Mira glanced over at Rei. If they go back there would be more help for Rei. While she thought about it the other Gloz nearly knocked her over. “hey, what?” she exclaimed when she saw what the Gloz was trying to do she laughed and also looked at the glass shard Rei hold in his hand.

“Let me take a look at it. I’m an expert in all things rock related!” Ageoh had already amassed a large amount of shards in his satchel, and looking at the gem would be interesting. Most of the glass shards and gems had been removed from the rock at this point, with only about ten or so left.

Mystic says to Mira, "I didn't mean we should go back it's just... " As Ageoh speaks, Mystic hands him the gem, not at all annoyed that she was cut off. "Have at it, bud. Though I don't know how hard you'll need to examine it." She adjusts her bow and lets the knife Rei gave her rest in a small sheath.

With the glass shard removed Rei wrapped the acquisition in a bundle of cloth and pocketed it within his bandolier. He now held his knife with a tightly clenched fist and, with slanted eyes, scannned their surroundings while moving forward in order to position himself between the group of delvers and any threat that would think to make a meal of them.

Suddenly a high pitch cry came, but not from in front of them, but from a small offshoot of the cave behind them. They had been so focused on the glass shards that they hadn’t noticed to smaller tunnel. Slowly a group of five Bornea emerged, teeth bared and fur matted. Their low growls echoed around the cave, making it seem like there were hundreds of them.
“Oh, Cliff it all! Gather up everything and-“ Ageoh grunted as he fought off one of the bornea that had lunged at him. The others prowled forward towards the rest of the group menacingly.
@Beebasaur

Last edited:
Jocra made what was probably the loudest noise in his entire life and he let lose a horrible screech, the melodies most often found in his voice completely gone. He jumped back, his pack inflating as he attempted to get as far away from the creatures as he possibly could. He was so terrified he didn’t even think about how high up he was.

Mira looked around scared at the sudden appearance of the Bornea. The sudden loud scream possible scared her even more. Quickly she turned around to see if someone was in danger. When she saw that it was Jocra floating up far away from them she shook her head and focused on the direct danger in front of her. Other than Jocra she would never fly away and she pulled out Thoms knife and jumped in an attack position, or atleast something that looked close enough.
@Beebasaur

With his body placed between the group of expeditioners and the borneas that now hindered their escape Rei held his ground. The creatures prowled forward with a testing tentativeness to their movement all the while sending chills down the wali’s spine with their throaty growls and snapping jaws. He waited with every muscle in his body tensed until one lunged from his left. He met the beast with a slash from his stone blade slicing its ear clean off while the blood splattered across Rei’s face and chest. The beast fell and let out a yelp as it rolled across the cavern floor, but there was little time for celebration.

Off to the right another bornea turned away from Rei and lunged towards the group. In a split second Rei had his arm out in front of the beast just as it was bounding towards its prey catching a full mouth of razor sharp fangs which pierced his skin, spraying blood across the cobblestone floor. A pained cry escaped his mouth as he fell to his back and struggled to free his arm which also held his weapon. However, the creatures jaws were powerful so instead he made one last push which gave him just enough space to toss his blade to his free hand allowing him to stab the beast repeatedly in the gut. As it struggled the beast made a series of successive slashes across Rei’s chest with its claws before it’s squeals dyed out and it fell limp from atop Rei’s body.

Back