Ages Eternal [IC] (Legends Eternal) Led, Dragon, Dru'Dar

Drakey

A shape-shifting Dragon God
Frailtear walked around the base of the spires. Since Paloria, bless the goddess, returned the great clearing had grown into a vast city, holding humans, dragons, Dru' Dar, and the People of Led.

She walked around in her human form, granted to her by Paloria herself. With her hands clapsed behind her back, Frailtear continued to walk around their capital.

As the People of Lead dismounted the dragons, there was an uncharacteristic excitement to them. They huddled together and whispered, eventually dispersing and letting a single figure out from their group. He was tall, even for a person of lead, and was wrapped in heavy cloth and bronze. A pair of dueling maces hung at his sides. He approached the humans and Frailtear, putting a hand on his chest and announcing, "I am Seven Needles, Blessed of Hakku. I bring good tidings to thee, news of Hakku's blessing to both Slua and the Great Mount!"

Last edited:
Taliesin stood directing the tribes of Dru'Dar into there new homes in the valley beneath the spires. He was a well built Dru'Dar with a small dragon-like Eidolon who flew lazily around shoulder height. Yawning Taliesin glanced around at the humans and dragons, they where a common sight for him. Although upon spying the people of lead, particularly this bronze clad one, he was excited. Having studied the people of lead in Aether's vast library was one thing, but looking at such a fine specimen in person was truly amazing.

"Come along," Taliesin called to his eidolon for no real reason since it was bound to follow him anywhere anyways. "By the Gods! A true blessed of Hakku!" Then composing himself, "I am Taliesin Arch-Mage of Aether, It is truly a pleasure to meet you."

Seven Needles looked over to Taliesin, confused for a moment. "A good day to you, Dru'dar." He finally said. It was obvious he was expecting more than a little excitement for his announcement of good news. Especially during these times.

Frailtear looked around the three gathered champions. The Dru'Dar behind Taliesin, the People of Led behind Seven Needles, and the Dragons and Humans behind herself. The ten great spires surrounded them, and from their mighty heights, strange lights, not unlike the auroras, could be seen.

The non-chosen stood far from the small gathering of three. As though the gods themselves stood among them. Which Paloria and Aether had indeed done for a short time. Now, her goddess stood high in the sky, watching over her children.

"Seven Needles, Taliesin...It would be best to disperse your people. Let them rest, regroup, build their homes once more." Behind Frailtear, humans began to roam towards a nearby wooded area. The Dragons flew towards the ring of mountains, searching for great stones.

"Watch. The betrayed return to their nest." The young champion of Paloria pointed out to the sky. A great, dark cloud began to form over the great spires. While they were little more than beasts, the Drakes felt more of a connection with Paloria than most Dragons. As the Drakes cried out for their mother, they began to settle down in the valley. Like great frightening beasts, the Drakes surrounded Frailtear, the Dru'Dar, and the People of Led.

"Yes, of course!" Said Taliesin as he turned to dismiss the Dru'Dar and direct the stragglers to there new residence. This took the better part of an half an hour as the young and old where easily distracted and slow to move.

Turning back to the group ,Taliesin dusted his himself off and readjusted his robe. "Now let me properly introduce myself to you, Paloria's new champion. I am Arch-Mage of Aether and I will server you in whatever way i can." This he said will a half bow. "What my I call you by Miss...?"

Seven Needles strode up to the two champions, waiting somewhat impatiently for an opportunity to personally introduce himself. He noticed that the man who'd cried out earlier was Aether's champion. Strange. He thought. Of all people, why him?

Frailtear smiled at Taliesin. He knew her, but at the same time, he didn't. "Taliesin, do you not know me? We grew up together." Stepping forward, the woman patted the Dru'Dar on his cheek as flames sprouted from her skin, devouring her body.

The flames grew in size and strength, until a great hill of fire surrounded Taliesin. Oddly enough though, the flames never seemed to touch him. Then, suddenly, red scales began to shine through the flames. The massive form of a dragon showed itself, coiled around the mage as it was. Frailtear's gigantic head was level with Taliesin's own.

Many of the dragonesses scales were scared, broken, shattered. They were remnants of her childhood. Of pain and terror.

"Taliesin. It is me Frailtear," Murmured the great dragon.

Taliesin watched in amazement as Frailtear transformed around him. He could feel the warmth of her flames though they never burned him, "By the Divine! Its you Frailtear," Said Taliesin as he embraced her snout, "You where chosen as palorias champion then? And the Human form, A gift from Paloria i assume?" Letting go of her snout he continued, "What Amazing news is this! Frailtear a champion!"

Being so happy to be reunited with Frailtear even Taliesin's Eidolon showed excitement, its scales pulsing and shifting between hues of red and pink.

Seven Needles cleared his throat. "This is all very charming, but I'm afraid we've business to get down to." He said. "For starters; we're meant to lead armies, correct?" He drew out a rather ugly looking thing. It was an oversized, extremely long and old lance. Melted alloy dripped down its sides. The tip was so mangled there wasn't even an edge anymore. "You see this?" He said. "This is Hakku's Lance. Imbued with starlight. Hold out whatever weapons you possess, and I'll pass along some of it to yours."

It was overwhelmingly obvious that Seven Needles was only playing up his ego.

"Where did you find that relic!...Well I suppose you are the blessed of Hakku, So i guess it makes sense" Said Taliesin a little absentmindedly "Well never mind that, you wanted us to show you are weapons..." Looking more then a little nervous Taliesin Held out his bare hands palms up, They had several small glyphs that glowed and pulsed. "You see...ah....I dont have one, except for my hands which i use to store glyphs...." If a Dru'Dar's fur covered cheeks could blush then you know Taliesin's would be.

"Utterly damnable." Seven Needles growled. "I know Aether is...unconventional, but this is ridiculous. Do you have even a dagger? A kitchen knife? How are you supposed to fight just waving you hands around? If somebody gets close you'd be dead before anybody could help you." Seven Needles turned away with a haughty swish of his cloak. "Get a sword and learn to use it, Dru'dar. At least act like you're trying to be competent." He muttered under his breath, but then paused.

"Or...perhaps..." Seven Needles turned his head. "You could learn one of Slua's fine weapons. Dueling maces, perhaps? You're far too scrawny for the lance or hammer."

"No no no, I could never use those." Said Taliesin with a nervous look at the two large maces that seven needles caries, "although....I can do this!" Brust Taliesin proudly as he summoned a long ethereal Sword in his hand, which immediately wobbled in his hand. "whoa..whoa" stammered taliesin as he tried to hold the sword upright in a basic guard. Clank! the sword sounded as he lost strength and it hit the ground. "Alright so i cant use a sword!...or anything else." Said Taliesin flushed, "But I have knowledge and power that you could only dream of, so what if i cant fight?"

Last edited:
"You're leading an army. On the front lines. A stuffed head won't save you." Seven Needles said, but seemed suddenly very uncomfortable. "But, I'd best not jut my face any farther into a god's affairs. Perhaps I'll pray my Mistress gives you extra attention." He slowly walked back to the group from Slua, putting the ungainly lance over his shoulder and sighing. "I don't understand why Aether chose you. Perhaps there is no reason, but regardless, I've too much respect to question him. May the Worm in Waiting bless you and good Frailtear."

Frailtear chuckled as she put her head behind Taliesin, holding him up. After he gained his balance once more, Frailtear returned to her human form. Patting the poor deer on the shoulder, the young champion picked up Taliesin's ethereal blade. With great ease, she swung the sword around as though it was a twig. "Oh, I forgot to mention, I keep all of my draconic strength while in human form," Frailtear mentioned this as she patted Taliesin's shoulder.

Taliesin, looking downcast, was perked up as Frailtear patted him. As she swung the sword, Taliesin stood awestruck "Paloria's Claws!" Swore Taliesin, "That could come in handy! I dont think anyone would suspect the might of a dragon behind such a innocent face." He said chuckling. Taliesin whispered an incantation making the sword vanish. After a moment he said "I'm not sure why Aether chose me either, After all im not the strongest or the most advanced in magic. But I suppose Aether wouldn't chose me without a purpose, I just wish i knew what that purpose was."

"Well, if I was to guess...It would be because you're amusing." Frailtear teased Taliesin as they walked among the Dru'Dar.

"Hey, Taliesin, there's a war coming, a big one...Like the one of old where the Goddess led a great army of my ancestors against the Mad God. She is angry, hurt, sad." Turning her head towards the deer-man, she continued, "I don't know if this is normal for champions, but I can feel Paloria's emotions, like I feel my own. Though, the legends always talked of how she was tied to the physical world more than any of the other gods. You know, there is one legend that speaks about her not possessing an ethereal form. Do you know anything about that?"

As Frailtear teased Taliesin while they walked through the crowd, He playfully nudged her chuckling.

Taliesin's brows furrowed for a moment as he thought, "I'm not sure Frailtear, I can feel Aethers presence and i know his feelings often though not his emotions and defiantly not as my own." Taliesin paused for a moment "As for Paloria having a ethereal form, I am unsure. Using magic i can Glimpse the world of the gods, but seeing a god in its true form is potently deadly. So i dont take that chance often. I do know that Paloria spent many years inside her own mind in the Fount of Revelation in Aethers garden." Taliesin's ear twitched and flopped around as he thought. "Perhaps...I could try to look into the Ethereal plain, but the chance of catching Paloria in her ethereal form at that would be very minimal. Would you like me try?"

Back