Participants:
Tyvin Tormen
Alethea Rudicum

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

The forested city of Chenive to the North is experiencing
strange activity in an abandoned keep. The Duke's office is
requesting Nomad investigation.
⦖~~~~~~~~----------------------♛----------------------~~~~~~~~⦕

"Alright, you guys read the bounty, you know how this works," Tyner called from his barstool. "Follow the Northern road out of town for about a day and night's ride and you'll get to Chenive. Head to the main palace for an audience with the Duke afterwards. I'm sure he's expecting you."

"I've prepared horses for you, and you know where the weapons and supplies are. Report back when the job's done, take all the time you need."

A lonely fire crackles and pops in the fireplace of an old worn down guildhouse. The guild itself must have been impressive once. There are dozens of rooms each of them the size of a small house, broken chandeliers hang by a chain from tall ceilings, rotted furnishing decorate every room with a creepy feel and the walls shed a dark blue and black paint aged past its prime. Bits of the house had been burnt away while the rest was simply rotting from age and termites. Moss and plants creep up what's left of the rotting walls but no birds or bees made their home among the foliage. It no longer had a place among the gleaming white marble of the rest of the city. And yet, no one dared to tear it down for fear of the ghosts inside.

Soft footsteps echo down an old hallway with too many holes in the floor. There is a slight yelp as another board gives way. "Owe...stupid mansion." The voice echoes from seemingly no where. A door to one of the least damaged room opens. Compared to the rest of the guild-house, this place seemed almost...new. There were fresh beautiful curtains hanging all over the place, concealing the moldy walls. There was a bed on the floor, made up of blankets, pillows and cushions seemingly scavenged from several different places. A variety of other trinkets and home amenities lay about, stolen from various homes and stores in the area.

A pair of well-worn black pants, with a similarly colored long sleeved shirt lay on a nearby chair. A towel floats into mid-air and an invisible figure uses it to dry itself. Next the clothes are pulled on, a black cloak finishing the outfit. Misha pulls back a blanket from an old mirror, looking at herself with a sad sigh. There was no see-able person beneath the hood. No hair, no skin, no eyes. Only a glowing green necklace that hung where her neck should be. The bane of her existence.

"Still invisible." She murmurs to no one. Misha put the blanket back and added on a belt with a well-used dagger holstered to the side. Here in this old building, she was not alone. There were many invisible creatures, that only she could see, roaming about and constantly trying to steal her food or attack her. She'd never used a dagger much before moving in here, but as of a few months ago, it had become her best friend. Little did she know that soon, new friends would come and prove themselves better than a dagger.

Last edited:
"This the place?" Tyvin turned her head back towards Alethea, standing at the end of the cobbled path that lead to the depressing sight of the run down guild hall. Broken windows, groaning foundation and worn down roof, the overall image was a depressing frown that loomed over them. "I mean, it matches the description Tyner gave you, but everything looks this run down the further we go" As well as her bow across her shoulder, she also had a string of garlic and onions slung on the back. Ghosts hate garlic.... Or was that Vampires? Well, at least everybody hates onions!

Alethea held a sleeve by her nose as she observed the area, nodding. "It does all look pretty bad... but this place is a little bigger, more official-looking, wouldn't you say?" Looking up at the looming, run-down building, she heaved a sigh. This was it. Who knew what awaited them inside? Throwing a side-long glance at Tyvin, she said, with a hint of irritation in her voice, "Did you have to bring that stuff, though? It smells awful."

"An official looking toilet, maybe" Tyvin shrugged, looking over the scope of the what had probably been a guild house simmilar to their own, looking for any sign of movement. What had happened here for the guild to abandon their home like this? The fact that they were mages made it all the more curious a thought. At Alethea's question of irritation, Tyvin stood her ground and crossed her arms. "Of course! What? You want to walk up to a ghost with your trousers down? That smell is gonna stop them in their tracks"

Grumbling softly, the girl muttered, "It'll stop them in their tracks, all right." Taking a deep breath, the young woman started toward the creepy building. "Come come, let's get this over with." The place spooked her, honestly, but Tyner's advice rang in her ears. She still didn't fully understand his words, but she'd be sure to remember them. Walking briskly, she didn't wait for Tyvin as she approached the rickety entrance.

"This is an adventure, don't face it with such a long face. What are you, a horse?" Tyvin jogged forward a bit to catch up to her partner, turning to a side step to face the robed woman with a smirk. "I mean, we might both die a painful, spooky death by the pale-ass ghosties; but look on the bright side, you'll get the chance to meet the Grim Reaper. Then kick him in the nuts for fun"

Alethea couldn't help but crack a smile at Tyvin's carefree demeanor. Shrugging, she admitted, "That might make it worth it..." Reaching into her robe, she pulled her dart blower from the belt around her waist and twirled it on a finger with a grin. "You think ghosts can get poisoned, or should I go for the knife approach?" Her words came out rather hurried and nervous, and she took a deep breath. Calm down, Alethea... But the young woman couldn't help but feel her knees knocking a little. She'd never been on a job with another mage before, and she didn't want to drop the ball. But she'd completed plenty of jobs on her own, she'd be fine... assuming the ghosts weren't invincible.

The two arrived at the entrance to the hall, moving up broken down stairs onto an entrance platform which held a sweet little drawing on the front door reading 'Welcom' with flowers dotting the words. "Did someone let their Kid make the welcome mat?" Over the years, the drawing had of course ripped and was almost unreadable. "I dunno if that doesn't work, just try and say means things. I mean, teh ghost is already dead, so it's probably pretty depressed. So if you mae it more depressed, maybe you can get it to kill itself" She raised her hand to poke at the front door. "...Can a ghost die again?"

Alethea tucked Tyvin's words away with Tyner's wisdom, trying to form a mental file on how to defeat ghosts. "Well, maybe not... but it could leave 'cause it doesn't like you." Shrugging at the possibility, she watched the other woman poke at the door. "...Do we knock? Will the ghosts be nicer if we're polite?"

"So, we annoy the ghosts so much that they move to fuck with another abandoned building? Then we get another mission to deal with them, do the same thing over and over again until we're rich and the ghosts hate their tortured existence? Good plan" Tyvin bit the bullet and banged her fist against the door. "Think they're asleep?"

A loud bang echoed throughout the old guild-mansion. Misha awoke from her nap with a start. What was that!? Are the rodents back? Ugh...I hope not....
Misha grabs her dagger and exits her room as silently as a ghost. She creeps down the corridor and reaches the Bannister overlooking the living room. She gasps quietly. Questers! They'd just walked through the open door, looking around curiously. She ducks down, stripping off her clothes so as to be completely invisible then stands and peers at them again. They were both women. One was about 6 feet tall with raggedy red hair, though some of it looked to have been burned away. A bow lay across her back. The most disturbing part though was her cracked skin and charred right arm. The left arm seemed to be made up of glass or crystal. A mage no doubt. Yet another group hired to scare her away or kill her outright. She frowns at the thought.

The other woman had brown curls that made her look extraordinarily pretty. Almost like a princess from a fairy tale. Even her body was gorgeous. Misha wondered if her own body looked that way, or if she was ugly like the other one. Regardless, both of them were here to kill her. And like all the others, she would scare them away.

"GET OUT! THIS ISN'T YOUR HOME! LEAVE NOW!" She yells at them angrily in a high-pitched voice. A voice she only used when impersonating ghosts...which...was the only time she really ever talked now. Her voice echoed throughout the old guild house, bouncing off the walls to make her sound as if she were many places at once. A trick she'd learned over her several months of being here.

Tyvin jumped at the sudden scream that streamed through the house, almost a haunting boom that made it hard to decipher where it came from. "Your rent is years overdue, we're here to evict you from this shit hole" Turning to where she assumed the voice was coming from, Tyvin took one onion and lobbed it into the air. "EAT VEGISTABLE, YOU IMMORTAL BITCH!"

Misha frowned. Most of the questers were like that. They only thought of themselves at the quest. Casting curses and magic, setting wards, or magical runes...not even bothering to ask or care if someone lived here. They only wanted the money. That's all they ever wanted. The onion falls far short. She almost laughs but wasn't sure if ghosts laughed.
Instead she changes her voice again to sound like a different ghost and scoffs, "You think a spirit like me is bothered by such a pitiful physical object? If a hundred questers before you could not banish me, what makes you think you can? Leave now before I curse you!"

She tiptoes over to the rope suspending the chandelier over them and poises her dagger over it. If they refused to leave, she would have to make them...as she had all the others. This house was hers! And none of them knew its secrets.

"...What if we give you an offering?" Tyvin pursed her lips for a moment before awkwardly leaning over to Alethea and loudly asking "You're a virgin, right? Ghosts love virgins. When she comes over, you knee her in the ovaries and I beat her over the beat with garlic" Before looking back up at the... House? "We're not reallyhere to banish you, just ask you to leave. Cus, you're kind of being a giant dick"

Alethea shrieked in terror at the sound of a voice, ringing through the hall. Tyvin responded to it, and the young woman watched in surprise as she chucked an onion. That... didn't seem to work. Shrinking down and clutching her dart blower tightly, she stepped closer to Tyvin. She jumped when the woman spoke to her, and her cheeks flared a bright red. "Hey, don't go talking that like around the dead people!" Should she try and locate the ghost? She could shoot quills in different areas of the room... Suddenly, Tyner's words popped into her head: Don't allow your fears to take hold of your logic. Clearing her throat, she spoke after Tyvin. "Pretty please, if you don't mind. There are better places to haunt, right? It's a real bother to people around here."

"Am not!" Misha yells in reply to Tyvin forgeting herself for a moment and scowling at her, though the woman couldn't tell of course.
Then the pretty one spoke up, being much more polite. Haunt some place else? There was no place else in this area. "I like it here. Its the only place where there aren't lots of people milling around. Now go away! I will curse you if I have to!" She yells again, dagger still poised.

"We're mages, you knob head. We're already cursed" Tyvin called back at the ghost, only now realising how young the ghost sounded. Strange, she'd expect a haunting spirit to sound older and gloomier. "Now, you didn't even consider my offer of one virgin sacrifice..."

Misha almost gagged at the thought. "Ew...I don't want a human sacrifice...I just want to be left alone!!" She cuts the rope and the chandelier falls. Then she hurries off to her next trap.

Alethea elbowed Tyvin angrily, her face a dark, bright red, as she shouted, embarrassed. "NO VIRGIN SACRIFICES!" Crossing her arms with a huff, she said, "Look, we understand why you'd want to stay in such an, um... lovely place, but seriously. You've really been scaring people, you know? Maybe it's time to give a new place a tr--" She cut herself off with a shriek as the chandelier began to fall. Rolling out of the way, she covered her head with her arms to protect herself from shrapnel. Looking up and squinting at the stairs, she sighed. "Okay, it's game time now."

Back