[IC] Nomadium - QUEST: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

When the shield gave way the brunt of the falling structure, Tyvin was left to slowly take a deep breath, the shield was not an easy thing to keep up. As she tried to regain her strength her eyes grew sympathetic towards the terrified Alethea, pulling the girl in for a tight hug. "i THINK i... Saved us" She gave her back a slight squeeze "Now, what did the contract say about the state of the building? Because I have half a mind to have this topple down around her until she comes out"

It stopped, after what felt like an eternity, but had probably been no more than a few seconds. Alethea jumped slightly in surprise when the woman hugged her, but simply returned the gesture silently. She clutched at Tyvin's shirt tightly, still in a state of near-shock. "I-I-I don't think it said..." She spoke softly. "Can you actually do that?"

"If we start knocking the walls down, the building will eventually crumble" She whispered it, not sure what to do next to comfort the woman in front of here. "Don't worry, a few collapsing ceilings is nothing to badasses like us. They'd barely scratch you"

A small smile tugged at the corners of Alethea's lips, and she nodded, whispering back. "Y-yeah, and any building would regret trying to squash you." She laughed softly. Peeking around Tyvin, she whispered again, "Um... it looks to be pretty blocked around here."

"Then they'll ahve a real ghost problem on their hands" She chuckled "Imagine me, whiter than milk, stuck in my birthday suit for eternity" She slowly attempted to pull awya, testing whether the woman still needed the embrace or not. "Then we better get creative"

Misha had retrieved her clothes and hurried to the room that had been her home for the last several months. She pushed the dresser against the door, barricading herself in. With any luck they would eventually give up and leave. She pulls back on her clothes and on her bed, watching the barricade and rubbing her arms to warm back up. "You're not a ghost, you're a sad little girl desecrating these halls."
She was a ghost...she may not have been in the traditional sense but, no one saw her, no one cared about her. She was left to resorting to haunting abandoned buildings and stealing food and items from the market for survival. If that didn't make a ghost? What did?

Damn magic, damn the questers, damn this life. She looks around the room, with its minimal belongings and necessities, but none-the-less decorated with care. She barely had anything as it was and now two more questers threatened to take away what small life she'd managed to build for herself. Why couldn't they just let her be? She wasn't hurting anyone? Well, she hadn't before this. Just a few scrapes and bruises...enough to scare people away. Was it wrong? This building would fall in a few more years anyway, and no one had used it for years before...so why couldn't they just let her be?

Alethea's laugh was a bit louder that time, at the thought of Tyvin becoming a ghost. Man, a more vengeful spirit she could not imagine. Feeling the woman try to pull away, she herself pulled back, smiling up at her. "Thanks, Tyvin." Looking past the woman, she surveyed the debris. She thought that she could perhaps climb it without much difficulty, due to her small stature and weight, and experience with stealth and being light-footed. There was a chance it'd still fall, leaving her to a rather unpleasant death... But she needed to make sure Tyvin got across with her, and with that leg injury... Throwing a glance at said wound, she looked back up at Tyvin once more. "Any ideas?" She asked hopefully.

"I didn't do anything" Tyvin shrugged, allowing her gaze to finally leave Alethea's, looking around the hall for a hint of an idea to come to mind. "Maybe we could pull together some debri to pie up and climb to get over?" Then her mind wondered to the bow on her back. "If we had any rope, we could maybe tie it to one of my arrows and try to get it stuck up top"

"Rope... I don't have any rope," Alethea said helplessly as she stepped carefully around Tyvin to get closer to the issue at hand. The stairs groaned precariously beneath her, and she froze, terrified once more. She'd never fallen through something... she had practically been crushed by a tree, and that's as close as she ever wanted to be to such a situation. Her gaze immediately scanned the area for other ideas. Piling debris was a good idea, if they had the time... although she wasn't sure she could lift much of anything. The railing looked too precarious to climb, as did everything else in this bloody joint. "Do we have something else to use for rope? Or..." She trailed off, completely lost in her panic. They were going to die.

Tyvin pulled her back into a hug from behind, a roll of her eyes at the woman already being thrown back into a panic. "Calm down, if you're really so cared of what lies ahead, the door is available. I won't let anything happen to you... No matter how shit I am" Tyvin's eyes looked to the way up, wondering if Alethea could boost her up to the stairs.

Alethea felt herself pulled into another hug, this time from behind. Hearing Tyvin's words, she shook her head emphatically. "Nu-uh, no way! I'm not scared... well, once we get past here, I promise I won't be." The girl turned her head around, trying to look at her companion as she chuckled sheepishly. However, due to the height difference, her gaze didn't quite make it, instead catching a glint of light on a piece of the broken chandelier. Wait... was that chandelier held up with a chain, or... "Rope!" Alethea shouted suddenly, twisting around to gesture wildly. "Here, let go, I'll go get some rope from the chandelier, and then we can get across!"

"I'm not holding you that tightly" Tyvin pointed out as her hands dropped to her waist, lazily looking to the chandelier "You have some strange mood swings, love"

"Oh, shush." Alethea retorted, embarrassed. Scampering silently back the way they'd come, she gathered up a long section of rope in her arms, tracing it to the source and pulling out her knife. Slashing the material with the blood-stained blade, she tucked the weapon away and hurried back up the stairs, presenting the rope to Tyvin with a small smile. "Ta-da. Now get us out of here before I puke."

"Thakns, Love. Youe invaluable" Tyvin reachs up and the rive while iong the woman with a smile "Good eye"

Alethea handed over the rope with no small amount of relief. "No problem," she responded with a smile of her own, face flushed from the compliment. "Now seriously let's go I feel sick."

"Sure you don't wanna rest, love?" Tyvin asked as she wrapped the rope around her arrow, pulling it tightly int a knot before aiming it above the steps, intenidng to fire the arrow into a crevice in the debri where it could get stuck. "I can go alone if you ain't feelng well''

Shifting her weight uncomfortably, Alethea shook her head emphatically. "No way, Hosea. I wanna get this done just as much as you, and there's no way on God's green earth you're leaving me here so let's just keep going and I promise I'll be fine."

Tyvin found her arrow hit home with a thump, which she confirmed by yanking down on the rope a few more times, before laughing "Is this out of worry for me or worry Ill steal the credit"

Alethea frowned as she crossed her arms. "Neither. Exactly. Concern for you, of course, but I like to see a job through. I'm just not fond of the thought of becoming a mage-pancake on the way."

Back