[IC] Nomadium - The Nomad's Respite

Tyner cracked a smile. Of course, he could simply tell the mage in front of him that this was his damn bar, and he would his drinks for free, but something held him back. Might as well give the lad a chance before trying to break his ego.

"Sounds lovely." Tyner took a seat at the bar. "Tell me, friend: What's your story? What other chapters have housed you?"

"The first chapter of the guild I came across was Ruddlemest, which I ran into while I was still a young man." Ral said, joining Tyner at the bar. "Before that, I grew up in Dunelock, a market town that rests in the east, closest to Ruddlemest." He brushed his hand across the air almost as to illustrate the sandy environment which Dunelock consisted of. He let his hand lie on the bar stand, he had many more details of his hometown locked inside of his brain, but one stuck out over the rest. "The people there are not too fond of mages." He said with disappointment in his tone.

"...Then again, who is?" Ral summed up his feelings about the matter with the look he offered to Tyner.

He let go of the expression and directed his voice to the bartender. "Just some ale?" He asked. "And whatever the Grandmaster wants, add it to my tab too." He stated.

"The first chapter of the guild I came across was Ruddlemest, which I ran into while I was still a young man." Ral said, joining Tyner at the bar. "Before that, I grew up in Dunelock, a market town that rests in the east, closest to Ruddlemest." He brushed his hand across the air almost as to illustrate the sandy environment which Dunelock consisted of. He let his hand lie on the bar stand, he had many more details of his hometown locked inside of his brain, but one stuck out over the rest. "The people there are not too fond of mages." He said with disappointment in his tone.

"...Then again, who is?" Ral summed up his feelings about the matter with the look he offered to Tyner.

He let go of the expression and directed his voice to the bartender. "Just some ale?" He asked. "And whatever the Grandmaster wants, add it to my tab too." He stated.
"All too true, my friend. Especially these days, with the Order on my back..." he mumbled.

Thanking the bartender, he casually said "Ale as well, sir." Returning to Ral, he smiled and nodded. "I've been to Dunelock, since you mentioned it. Went once on a bounty, nearly twenty years ago. I always appreciated the people...quite study folk." The Bartender served the two drinks, and Tyner thanked him.

"All too true, my friend. Especially these days, with the Order on my back..." he mumbled.

Thanking the bartender, he casually said "Ale as well, sir." Returning to Ral, he smiled and nodded. "I've been to Dunelock, since you mentioned it. Went once on a bounty, nearly twenty years ago. I always appreciated the people...quite study folk." The Bartender served the two drinks, and Tyner thanked him.
Ral swiftly nodded his head at the bartender in acknowledgment, and gulped down a little bit of his drink.

At the mention of Dunelock Ral's eyebrows raised themselves in curiosity. "Twenty years? I'dve only been a youth back then." Ral recalled. "I don't remember there being much talk of any mages in Dunelock, who were you hunting?"

"Thanks," Shiori said of Marigold's comment, blushing a bit at her compliments. Taking her book and holding it in her lap, she thought of something to say to keep the conversation going. "Oh, how long have you been in the guild?" She said, perking up a bit "I've been here for a couple months."

Marigold once again lifted her gaze back at the shy girl, who seemed to be good company at the moment. "How long have I been in the guild?" She recalled the question outloud to herself before placing a finger to her lips, pondering for a moment. "I would have to say maybe two, three months ago." she finally managed to reply after some thought. "I found out about this place when I was studying to be a herbalist." She told the younger girl. "It has been my home for a while, but I havent managed to find any jobs yet for I thought I would have trouble, considering I don't know much basic combat, only defensive." She explained further with a slight sigh. "How did you find this place?" She asked, repeating the earlier question that she was asked.

Shiori pondered the question. "Well, after I found my book, my old town kinda shunned me. I..." Shiori stopped and though if she should tell her about Veda "Found out about guilds and such, looked for the closest one. This was the first one that accepted me." She sighed and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Back