[IC] The Expedition Department

Jocra let out another yelp as once again they were snuck up on by another creature joining the group. His legs were trembling to the point where it was becoming quite difficult to even stand, and Jocra was really regretting his decision to come here. Knee’s continuing to shake despite Jocra’s best attempts to calm them he slowly choked out, “w-work together?”. His usually harmonic tones now became quite disoriented as this sentence sounded more like someone had just smashed their hands on the keyboard rather than an actual melody.

Last edited:
Rei chuckled, the rust colored hair that adorned his neck bristling as he did so. “Yes, yes.” His scratchy voice suddenly grew mysterious. “Who do you thinks gonna have your back when a bornea tries to carve your throat out?” He drew a stone knife from the bandolier strung across his chest and made a slicing gesture across his neck, baring his teeth as he did so. Then he pointed the blade on himself and shot a wry grin in Jocra’s direction. “Me!”

“That’s true! Rei is really good when it comes to fighting creatures, the only people I can think of that are better than him off the top of my head are... hmm,” she paused for a moment, trying to think, “Johan and Ageoh, but they’re both board members and much older than you I’m sure.” Ivear added smiling. She prided herself on knowing the weaknesses and strengths of most of the people that frequented the ED.

Jocra who stayed firmly on the ground glanced up from his feet to look at Rei, “h-how many monster a-are we going to meet?” He asked his voice singing a sweet and fearful tune. Jocra was trembling a lot less than before, his black eyes still darting around nervously as he attempted to take in everything at once. He had yet to inflate his helium bag and float like the other Gloz but the idea of doing such in this crowd wasn’t to appealing to him,

“You flatter me,” Rei said to Ivear before turning to Jocra. “Me, I’ve seen plenty. You, on the other hand, won’t see too many. Ya stick with me and they’ll be a part of my bandolier before ya even see em coming.” He said it matter-of-factly and patted the cloth bandolier across his chest, suggesting that he meant it quite literally. “Look friend, ya seem a little nervous so let me ease your mind. We go into the cave, I kill the monsters... you help me out you get a cut of the treasure. Simple as that.”

Jocra looked away his nerves still on edge despite Rei’s and the other Gloz’s assurance. “Okay I guess...” he sung his antenna dropping down the sides of his head. As he clenched his hands together his palms began to glow subconsciously, this normally happening when he was nervous. Though before the light could seep from his clenched hands he quickly stopped and lowered them to his sides. “We still need a Krua anyway.” He remarked.

Moloch had awoken...

His slit pupil eyes slowly opened in the dark chasm, the bioluminescence of a Gloz's spores were falling into the endless abyss that was known as the Gorge... but he didn't know any of this. He only knew two truths:
1.) His name was Moloch the Block
2.) He had a destiny here
He slowly got to his feet. He'd felt refreshed, as if he was sleeping for years, yet there was no concept of sleep, other than the eternal rest Grimm brought upon t he world... He looked around. In front of him was a current in the air carrying spores through the air, ina slew of bright colors and an endless expanse of darkness... but behind him was a great cliff of sandstone and tunnels, all with varying lighting elements, and a few creatures crawling from here to there, even his family, who he didn't recognize. He pushed his foot into the sandy rocks beneath him, his foot camouflage with the sand, and he stared, long enough to get a few strange looks from a passerby. He decided to explore, and got to his feet, walking to the nearest tunnel, just so happening to be the tunnel to the ED. The only thing the others thought was:

What a strange fellow...

Sonny could not help but be infected by Rozua’s enthusiasm as he shared his knowledge of the glimmering rock. A grin spread across his face. He turned to face his new acquaintance with a friendly composure and put on his best persuasive voice.

“Are you by any chance looking to do some exploring today?” His black eyes were filled with a promising sense of adventure, “I’m going to be leading an expedition and it’d be a pleasure to have you along.”

"Hmm... I wonder who would be a good one." Ivear pondered, her helium sack inflating and deflating as she thought. “Maybe another new person, since it’s best to have newbies with two or more veterans to get them used to expeditions.” She said, lighting up. “I’ll be the overseer, would it be better for me to tag along as well? Sonny could use some Gloz on Gloz teaching.” She suggested with a smile.

Jehan was a bit relieved. But he wanted to try to get around, see if any Expedition groups were forming. He decided to start with the Gloz and Krua since they both seemed inexperienced and they were talking. Usually, that means discussing expeditions. He walked towards the two, keeping his distance. His eyes still searched the room for any signs of a fight, but it seemed rather calm. It appeared another group was forming, but Ivear was already handling that.

Last edited:
"Good one, bad one, it don't matter," Rei replied through a scratchy voice. "Everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right?" He idly scratched his rust-spotted chest and the unkempt fur on his neck bristled anxiously. "I don't care who I have to go with, I'm just itching to get back out there." With shifty eyes he scanned his surroundings, the narrow slits passing from person to person in an instant. "Huh, maybe Ledge has gone soft after all," he remarked more to himself than to anyone else.

Rozua glanced up at the sonny his eyes a light with excitement, “Of course!” He exclaimed merrily. He was about to say more when he spotted a dark brown Wali slowly approach them, attempting to look casual and inconspicuous yet still standing out like a sore thumb. “Hello!” He said waving the Wali over inviting him to talk with them.

Jocra quietly listened to the conversation, his eyes drifting over to Mystic who had been almost as quite h8mself through out the talk. Despite his unusual quietness he was really that shy, and if he wer to be honest he was actually warming up to Rei and the overally cheerful Gloz who’s name he had yet to learn.

Jehan was surprised that he was confronted so eagerly. They must be planning an expedition. He almost smiled, imagining delving into the depths again, away from the lights and hubbub of Ledge, just him and whatever beast they met. And his partners of course. However, he didn't smile, as that feeling was usurped by the slight rudeness of the Gloz. He looked at him, wondering how he didn't know him. Several other people were already giving him space. He had a reputation, one could say. "You know who you talking to, Gloz?" He asked, curiosity laced with venom.

Mystic was aware of the people talking around her and setting down her pixaxe, sauntered over to them slowly. Some of the sorrow had left her, making her feel slightly better, arriving near a small group that housed Rozua and Ivear. Speaking quietly, Mystic smiled freely, "Hey guys, what's going on? Want to see a picture I made?" As she awaited the reply, she pointed to the wall.

Rozua glanced toward the wall and his blank black eyes lit up in amazement, his singsong voice forming a tune of awe as he spoke, “you made that?” He asked.

Jocra looked at the Wali in a confused manner, “but Sonny hasn’t said anything to you?” He stated confused to why this Wal8 disliked him so much.

“No, just wondering why you don’t know me. The names Jehan, Board member.” He said, chuckling a bit to himself. “Most people who come here learn the board members pretty quick, its not often that people don’t know who we are.” He walked up to the two. “So planning for an Expedition?” He asked, wanting to see if this conversation would lead anywhere.

Shuffling her feet, Mystic nods. "Yeah, I discovered the rock here is somewhat soft, so I picked at it with my pickaxe and made art." Thanking to herself, I wonder when i should go on a mission... Mystic sighed quietly. She looked at the other Gloz, curious to what it would say.

Last edited:
Rozua “It is nice...” he sung softly glancing down at the floor. He wasn’t sure what else to say so he stayed quiet.

Ivear gasped and grinned. “That’s beautiful, Mystic! Oh, I should ask, would you mind to go on a expedition with us? We’re looking for a Krua still, you know of any good ones?” She said, clasping her hands together, some of her spores of light spilling out.

Mystic beams as Ivear compliments her work. "Sure, I'll go with you. As for the Krua, though.... I don't usually associate with them. I find them, somewhat intimidating." Just as she finishes speaking, a Krua comes over and looking angry, completely demolishes Mystic's art. Once again, she's in tears. The Krua laughs and scampers away to talk with an attractive Wali. As she crys, she waits for a reaction from her companions,

(Btw, not godmodding, it was a totally random Krua that destroyed Mystic's art :mad::confused:)

Last edited:
Still watching from his position against the wall, Rei frowned as the Krua ran off laughing. “Now that wasn’t very nice,” he whispered under his breath. He scooped up a hefty rock and turned it round in his hand. “I’d hate to throw a rock into your plans but...” he hurled the rock and watched with satisfaction as it struck the side of the krua’s face. The krua fell to the ground screaming in rage and leapt to his feet with blood trailing down his cheek. He stormed off in search of the culprit while Rei leaned back against the wall, flicking a pebble up and down in his hand with feigned innocence. With a smirk he began to whistle, rather pleased with his work.

Back