[IC] The Expedition Department

Mystic breathed deeply and watched the tall Wali leave the scene. "Mira... I'm not sure if what Rei said was true. I wouldn't be playing with a knife, unless I had a reason. Be it dark or normal." She looked at the elder Wali and overtaken by some strange urge, hugged him and said, "Thank you sir. I'm grateful for your help."

((Crap my notifications were not working!))
Jocks stood stock still throughout the entire conversation, hoping that if he was quite enough they would forget about him. So far it seemed to be working, and he started to edge away trying to make a quick escape from the ensuing insanity.

Rozua wanted to say something more but the wali walked off before he could so instead he quickly turned his attention to sonny. “So I guess we are buddies now, right?” He asked hopefully a smile lighting up his entire face.

Mira was pleased the Wali said sorry. It isn’t that hard she thought but is was a shame the Krua wasn’t there to hear it. She smiled to the little Esky and said: “O, he isn’t dangerous, he put up a big show but in the end, he is harmless. If I want to hurt somebody I’m not going to play with a knife. Not that I want to hurt somebody unless.” Mira hold a dramatically silence “you hurt my friends” She said while she strokes over the name on the hendle of the knife she carried. Thom. Suddenly Mira felt a wave of sadness come over her and tears started to well up in her eyes. She couldn’t help him. She wasn’t there. Weshy softly pushed itself against her arm and Mira pushed her tears away and sighed. “Somebody who was really dear to me used to say, it’s not the loud ones who are dangerous it’s the silent ones”. While she said the words her sight got drawn by another Gloz backing up. “like that one, although I’m sure he is probably harmless’ she said while she looked in the direction of the Gloz.

Last edited:
Rei now stood in a far corner where he’d gathered a training dummy which was basically just a wooden post packed with straw and covered from the waist up with a cloth shirt. He took a deep breath and drew his stone knife, twirling the blade around his hand to get a feel for the familiar weapon. He knew it’s every curve and crevice from his prolonged use of it and could likely wield it in his sleep with relative ease.

With a measured step forward he began to hack away at the dummy with surprising accuracy, each slash and jab a deliberate strike. For a hothead he projected a certain level of composure that alluded to experience. He liked training as it lended itself to complicated circumstances when he required a therapeutic distraction. Life was certainly easier when he could simply focus more on the fight in front of his eyes and less on the one in his head. He grunted from the exertion of each blow and only stopped after he had driven the stone blade through the dummy’s head, resulting in a burst of straw that flew into the air.

Mystic noticed the sad change in Mira's voice. Stepping closer to her, the Esky hugged the newest Gloz in the expedition center. "I'm sorry, but you're right." She let go of the Gloz and turned to see who else was nearby. Others were talking, some were resting, and some were trying to organize an expedition.

Jehan was relieved the situation was resolved, many had gone the way of a brawl before with nary an apology in site. However, he had no interest in sticking around to converse with them afterward. After all, there was still that group without any experienced members forming, and he thought it best to try to get out of the ED, lest he go stir crazy. He made his way back over to the two young explorers and gave a slight smile.
“Sorry about that.” He said, his tone slightly amused “So, you two need a Wali for your expedition?” His questions came in his normal tone, somewhere between angry and annoyed, though he wasn’t usually either of those. Perhaps he should try to make his voice more like able, but where’s the fun in that?

After reaching a significant level of exertion Rei sheathed his knife and eyed the training dummy and assessed his work. While he’d handled the blade quite well his session today was perhaps a bit too impassioned and he’d lost control for a brief moment. Sometimes his emotions seized control over his body and he disregarded logic, acting only on impulse; he’d have to work on that.

With his blade sheathed he turned and set off to a different part of the ED. While he’d liked the group he was with perhaps it was too early to return to their company after what had just went down; he’d give them some space for now. Instead, he headed towards a group where Jehan was standing though he did so cautiously. “Hey there,” he said amiably. His eyes fell to the floor then to the wall, but he forced himself to meet Jehan’s upon which they seemed to offer a silent apology.

Mira smiled when Mystic gave her a hug. “you don’t have to say sorry” She said. She noticed that Mystic was looking to the others in the room. So, she did the same while floating up as to have a better overview of the large cave. There were lots of people laughing and talking making new friends and meeting up with old friends. She saw the nice Wali who Rei called Jehan walk towards another Gloz and a Krua. In a faraway corner she could see how Rei was practicing his fighting. He was good so far as Mira could judge. That would be really useful on expedition. Mira thought when she heard the little Esky say something about joining up with somebody and floated downwards to hear her better. “he, do you already have a team to go on expedition with, can I join in?” She asked to her new friend. “How does this actually work do I have to sign up or anything?’

Rozua glanced over at Jehan before looking over at Sonny, “I wouldn’t mind if you joined us! But you’d better ask Sonny first” he said with a smile. Rozua still wasn’t sure what had been happening in the corner and to be honest he wasn’t really sure he wanted to.

Jocra let out a sigh of relief as he was once more left alone, the crowd that had gathered around him finally having left. Slowly but surely he inflated his bag and began to hover maybe a couple inches off the ground and he went back to watching the crowd.

Ivear smiles. “Well, let’s see... We’ve got a Gloz, a Esky, and maybe a Wali...” She had hoped that Rei would join them. “Give me a second!” She said before gliding off.
As she floated across the room, using her hand to slow herself, she came to where Jehan and Rei were talking with a Krua and Gloz.
“Hey there!” Ivear smiles a Jehan, who gave her a nod before turning back to the others. They seemed new, since Ivear couldn’t remember their names but their faces were familiar.
“So, like i said, I’m Jehan, the Wali board member. This is Ivear, the Gloz board member.” He once again turned to face the Gloz “What’re you doing here?” He asked “I thought you were organizing an expedition over there.” He glanced at the corner.
“I just wanted to borrow Rei. We still need a Wali.” She looked at the two newbies, a Krua and a Gloz. “Oh, you’re trying to get into an expedition too?” She beamed at them. “Don’t let his exterior display fool you, he’s a softie at heart, and really good in the Gorge.”

Rei tensed though he kept this reaction internal, maintaining a placid exterior. His fur bristled excitedly, however, at Ivear’s mention of him. He was still chafing over his loss of control which had shown the entire group a side of him that he prefered to keep hidden, thus he was eager to prove his talents. Despite his annoyance with himself he held to his convictions and smiled pleasantly, almost cockily towards Ivear, having met her already.

“It’d be my pleasure,” he said, his smooth tone clashing with his raspy voice.

Mystic stroked her hair as she looked around the cave once again. She noticed that Rei had returned to Ivear. Muttering under her breath, Mystic said, " Right. I doubt you'll get us killed." She crossed her arms, clearly showing some attitude. This Wali had hurt a Krua just hours before, she was unsure if he was trustworthy. However, he seemed to be the only available Wali right now. Mystic dropped her arms to her side and sighed, she'd just have to see if she could stand him for a couple days...

Mira glanced over to Mystic. “So was she talking about me or herself?” she asked to Mystic not sure if she was part of the group or not. She looked around to see if there would be another Gloz around that she could have meant. She noticed the Gloz that was standing close to them had ran off. Mira was excited to join in a group with Mystic. She was also happy to hear Rei would join there group. Sure he was stubborn and maybe even dangerous but he had the skills they needed and he wouldn’t hurt his group members that would be really stupid.

Mystic smiled weakly at Mira, "I honestly don't know. Although I'm not sure if I can trust him." She mentally jabbed Rei in the gut, her thoughts focused on the days earlier events. Like she had mentioned to Mira, she was unsure how trustworthy Rei truly was. But if Jehan said he was a good asset, then she could take her chances. Mystic lowered her mental jab, and let her mind wander to what their expedition would be like.

Rei sauntered over towards Mira and Mystic with a casual gait, wearing a cocky grin as he padded along. “Hey there, friends,” he said in a cheery tune, his grin not even fading in the slightest as he spoke. His hand suddenly shot out towards the two to shake, the rust colored hair on his wrist bristling with excitement. “No hard feelings!”

Mira leaned towards Mystic ‘if we are in an expedition with him he will need us as much as we need him” she said towards the little Esky.

When the Wali walked towards them to shake their hands it got clear for Mira that Mystic most definitely had meant her. She shook the hand of Rei “of course now we only need an Krua” She knew from the story’s of Thom that they would need someone from every race. “Maybe the ones that you were talking to wants to join?” Mira said to Rei nodding towards the other Glow and Krua where Rei was talking with.

Mystic takes Rei and shakes his hand, but it is clear that she is upset with this. She speaks through gritted teeth, "None at all, in fact, welcome to the team." She smiles, but the smile is clearly fake and her tone says otherwise. She looks toward where Mira had nodded, and indeed sees a Krua and Gloz. Mystic lets go of Rei's hand and breathes deeply. Her anger should fade. but for some reason, Mystic couldn't stand that Wali.

Ivear smiled as she floated along the air currents, her blinking spores giving the area a whitish blue glow.
“Well, we just need a Krua now. Mira, since Sonny ran off, you’ll be the other Gloz, but if he comes back I’ll just let you guys do it by yourselves.” She looked around, trying to find another Krua. There didn’t seem to be any that were free... aha! “I’ll be a sec!” Ivear beamed as she flew over to Ageoh, who was rubbing some new glass beads that he had won from his little betting game.
“Ivear, what’s up?” He greeted her with a grin, slipping his glass bead in his pocket.
“Not much. We need a Krua for-“ she answered, but was interrupted by Ageohs rough voice.
“I’d love too. You’re over there, right?” He sauntered off to the corner, greeting Mystic with a smile. “Rei, nice seeing you. Hey Mystic, who’s your friend?” He gestured to Mira, giving a grin.
Ivear sighed, before turning to find Jocra. “Hey! Why’d you run off?” She floated over to him with a soft smile. “You seemed a bit overwhelmed, are you alright?” She counseled, hoping to get him back into the group. As much as she would like to one on one teach Mira, getting two rookie Gloz together could be even more of a learning experience. And, with Rei and Ageoh, she was certain they’d be safe. She just hoped the incident didn’t scare them off.

Last edited:
Mystic smiled as a Krua that she didn't know quite well, said "Hello." She stuck out her hand to the Krua and said, "Hey, Ageohs, right? This is Mira, she's a rookie too. At least, from what I can tell. Haven't seen her before today." Mystic glanced around at their small group, thinking quietly to herself about who would truly prove themselves and who would die stupidly. To be fair, Mystic was still somewhat of a rookie herself. She had only been in the Gorge for less than a week, but she had already learned how to hunt down here.

Back