Vitam et Mortem IC - The Heat & Other Non-Magic Philly Locations

BrookeDi

Benefactor
The Heat is a club in downtown Philadelphia, residing on a strip of other clubs and restaurants, nestled between a personal pizza joint and a smaller, more low-key bar.

Outside there's usually a long line that ends up mingled with the line for the pizza joint and because of it's popularity there are usually one or two bouncers at the entrance. Naturally all the pretty girls get waved in a lot quicker.

Inside is decorated with purple and silver fabrics. It's two stories with the second floor reserved for VIP customers (basically anyone willing to spend an obscene amount of money to pretend to be better than everyone else and look down on the rest of the room with a personal waitress per group of people) area with couches and armchairs instead of the smaller stools that was used on the first floor. This is also where the DJ is set up, in his own sectioned off area.

The first floor has the dance floor and has a few small tables at standing height and even few tables with stools pushed further back along the wall. The music is always loud and pounding with the beat.

Beatrix

After her meeting with Chloe, the blue-haired beauty felt much better about her circumstances and headed back to her tattoo shop where she unlocked the doors and glanced around as if looking at it with new eyes before a wicked smile curved her painted lips. Now to get down to business since she would be having a grand opening in a week's time!

With renewed vigor and a feeling of inspiration, she took to glossing the extravagant scene-painted floor with a high gloss resolution mixture to make it shine and also protect the paint from water, shoes, and anything else that might chip or disturb it. When she was finished, she locked up and headed home.

After a much-needed nap and then a shower, Trix examined her closet and chose a silver lame (pronounced lah-may, not 'lame') dress with spaghetti straps, a low-drooping neckline, a cut-out back from shoulder to hip, and a hem so short she had better not bend too far over. She wore strappy silver high-heeled sandals which showed her legs off to perfection. Her electric blue hair was artfully messy, her black eye liner was perfect, and her lips were glossed a hot pink. The angel wing tattoos on her upper back and the peacock sleeve on her right bicep were clearly visible. She was, as she liked to call herself, a fucking hot mess.

Meeting up with Chloe was always the highlight of her evenings when she wasn't dating someone, and currently she was in an 'off' period having broken up with her boyfriend of three months who was now attempting to sue her for the rights to her own product. She sure knew how to pick 'em! But the fact she always chose assholes did not deter her from engaging in dancing, drinking, and more adult stuff with the opposite sex. She'd been 'boy crazy' since age ten.

The vivacious tattoo artist smiled brightly at her friend as they met up at the club, and she immediately linked arms with her. "You look stunning, Chloe!" Bouncing a bit in her heels excitedly, she helped push people out of the way as they moved inside. "I want some drinks and then to daaance!" she shouted above the music, raising her free hand into the air and pumping with the music beat.​

Chloe Summers

"As do you," Chloe had immediately offered a returning compliment to Trix as they surged inside. The music was loud, nonsensical, pulsing, and Chloe reveled in it. She followed behind her blue-haired best friend and quickly ordered two rounds of shots for herself and Trix (one with lemon flavored vodka and one round of starfuckers), opting to pay in cash rather than opening a tab. Once those drinks had been downed--not a wince in sight at the burn of alcohol--she'd order a jack and coke, double.

With the dark liquid in hand, she'd wink at the bartender over Trix's shoulder and then when her friend had been served she'd drank the blue haired artist onto the dance floor. "Drink up, toots." She'd shout over the music, nudging her friend's elbow to remind her to drink.

At the club, Chloe was a different person. She was a still a bit standoffish, and... uptight (though she'd deny the latter of the allegations), but the firm expression on her face was gone. She smiled, she laughed, she looked almost approachable. The only person to see this lightened expression, this person who looked like she knew how to have fun, outside of a club? Was the girl dancing in front of her, tipping back her drink.

Beatrix

As she was pulled over to the bar by her bestie, Trix took both shots and threw her blue-haired head back as she tossed the contents into her mouth and down her throat with a squealed "Woooo!" after each one. "I need a Minderaser, please!" she shouted to the bartender, and then grinned when her drink was served to her. She had taken only a sip when Chloe told her to continue, and she nodded, lifting the drink to down it all in one swallow, slamming it down on the bar and grinning. "And that's why the boys like me, sis!" grabbing her friend's, hand she sashayed toward the dance floor, tight silver dress catching all the lights from the DJ booth.

It didn't matter if she was dancing with male, female, or by herself as long as she was just dancing. She tossed her vibrant blue hair, swiveled her hips, and shimmied her back up against Chloe's. After several songs, though, she shouted, "I'm hitting the Ladies'! Need to go, or shall I just find you again?" she shouted to her friend. She waited for an answer and then took off toward the restrooms.​

Chloe Summers

The young lawyer would pay hardly any attention to those around them. Occasionally she'd find herself dancing with a stranger, which was perfectly fine. There was a particularly cute brunette that had caught her attention for a bit, but not as much as the bartender who occasionally caught Chloe's eye.

Tonight, though, was a celebration. It was not about her usual goal when she went out, so after a song or two she'd turn away from whomever she was dancing with, her back having been pressed up against her blue-haired best friend. She'd keep a constant drink in both their hands, too, making sure they were never without a cup. At Trixie's declaration that she needed to use the restroom, she'd nod and follow along unwilling to leave Trix alone, regardless of how capable she was to handle herself.

As they were exiting the ladies room, though, they were bumped into by a muscled brown haired male. He was talking to someone and his back was to them, but the second he ran into them, he quickly turned around bestowing upon them both a charming smile to go with his baby blue eyes. He had tattoos and there were oil stains on his hands that indicated he worked with cars or something of the sort. "So sorry ladies." He'd lean forward in order for his apology to be heard over the din of the music. His body, though, would lean more toward the pretty blue haired tattooed woman. "Let me make it up to you?" His eyes were on her, but he extended the offer to them both, "Let me buy you a drink."

Chloe would check her friend out of the corner of her eye. If Trix was potentially interested than the blonde would be making herself scarce with an excuse about wanting to dance but if Trix looked like she was just not in the mood, then the blonde would tag along and the pair would milk a free drink from the guy and move on.

Beatrix

After washing her hands, Bea chatted up some of the other ladies in the room (she was never one to meet a stranger, after all), and then she used the time to fluff her electric blue hair in the mirror and refresh her makeup. A spritz of apple body spray was added last. She adjusted the girls, straightened the tiny dress which barely contained her rockin' curves, and then linked arms with her bestie and slid back out to the noise and laughter of the party.

Amazingly spying another friend across the way, she raised her arm up high to wave and then nearly toppled over in her high heels as both she and Chloe were bumped. Turning to see who had jostled them, her green eyes went wide and then could not help themselves as they took a leisurely stroll down and then back up this hunk's incredible body. He was everything she found attractive: large muscles, blue eyes, dark hair, tattoos she wanted to trace with her fingers, and a killer smile. And he obviously had a job which gave him bonus points.

Suddenly realizing what she was doing, Trix blinked up to those mesmerizing baby blues and met the boy's smile with a saucy one of her own. “I think a drink would be a nice start. Maybe a drink and one dance?” As much as she would like to take this boy around town tonight, this party was about celebrating her friend's achievement, and she would not lose sight of that.

Calvin Holman

The blue eyed mechanic smiled bright at the blue haired woman and blinked when he realized that the blonde woman who had been linking arms with the girl had already disappeared into the crowd. "Calvin," he introduced himself, offering his hand to the woman and then leading her to the bar. He'd lean over and call down to the man tending the bar. "Can I get a whiskey sour and then whatever the lady would like." The man would give Calvin a bit of a look but he'd lean over to see what Beatrix wanted to order. Then while Ezra was making their drinks Calvin would lean on the counter and lean in to be heard over the music.

"So, what do you do?"

Chloe Summers

The blonde would lean in to her friend and whisper, "you know how to reach me if you need me," and then like a good best friend she'd make herself scarce, never too far off in case the hottie turned out to be a crazy. She had some dancing to do.

Beatrix

At the whisper in her ear, Beatrix cut her eyes to her friend's retreating form. Damn, she was an amazing friend. Trix had gotten lucky with that one. Flicking emerald hues back to who she hoped would be her new boyfriend after tonight, the blue-haired bombshell slid her warm hand into his. Leaning in, she caught his name and then raised her voice over the music, "Beatrix," though she figured it sounded a lot like, 'E-Trix' amidst all this sound. She followed Calvin to the bar, smiled at the bartender and stated, "Vodka cranberry." Her go to when she needed alcohol but also something refreshing.

Sliding a hip onto a stool, she turned her brightest smile on her handsome companion. "Quality ink, dude," she gestured to his arms. "Do you hang out here often?" Oh, that was definitely not her best line. She panicked a moment and then came up with, "I'm pretty sure I've never seen you before, and my friend and I come here a lot."

Calvin Holman

With Trix leaning against a stool Calvin would lean against her other side, an arm behind her resting against the bar. "Yeah, I know the owner and a few of the bartenders. Don't think I've seen you, though. I would have remembered." His free hand would find a strand of blue hair and letting it fall.

Their drinks would be pushed forward and their bartender gave both of them a tight smile. "Staying long tonight, Calvin?" The younger male shook his head.

"Just a drink as an apology." The two locked eyes and the older male nodded after a short pause, moving on to the next customer. It was too busy for this anyway.

As soon as he had turned away, Calvin turned his attention back to Trix. "Glad you like the ink. I've been thinking about getting another one done. I like yours, nicely done work." Every word was said close to her ear, his breath touching her neck or shoulder, purposeful.

He shouldn't be flirting, he really shouldn't.

Beatrix

One would think that a girl as experienced with boys as Trix might be more immune to flirting, but she was not. The arm sliding casually behind her back on the bar, the flirtatious words, the touch on her hair , and the warm breath against her neck nearly made her head want to explode. To release this build up of nervous energy, she giggled....girlishly. Taking her drink in hand, she lifted it to her lips and sipped. She really wanted nothing more than to kick the whole thing back thirstily, but she would do that with a few bottles of water and some Advil on her way home.

"Thank you, I designed both of them myself." The peacock was plain for him to see upon her bicep, but the wings, well, they were mainly hidden by her long hair. Curving an arm around her neck, she drew the blue strands forward and turned to face away from him on the stool. The nearly backless dress revealed the artistic twin angel wings upon her shoulder blades. "These, too." Letting the curtain of her hair close upon her back once more, Trix turned back to him. "I'm a tattoo artist. If you are serious about getting new ink, I make house calls." One lush-lashed eye winked as she lifted her glass to her lips once more. "So I take it from the...I think it's oil?...on your hands that you do something with maybe cars?"

Calvin Holman

He'd help move the strands of her hair, letting his fingers touch the bare shoulders before he would examine the ink. "A tattoo artist," he'd whistle low as she turned back. "You've got a good eye."

At the mention of house calls he'd wink back at her. "I may definitely have to take you up on that. If you like, I can show you where it's at, the apartment complex can be... tricky to navigate. That way when you do my ink, you'll know how to get there."

He'd lean away, then. Letting cool air replace the warmth of where his body had been. "Yeah, I'm the manager of a mechanic shop a few blocks from here." He'd wiggle his fingers a bit at her, "I try and wash it off but some of it always manages to stay."

Last edited:
"Tricky to navigate, hm?" One dark brow rose and she shifted to face him a little bit more. "Calvin, I'm not nearly drunk enough to go home with you yet, and you owe me a dance before I forgive you for bumping into me and my friend," she teased him, the manicured tip of one finger tracing along the lines of his closest tattoo. She caught her lower lip and lifted her eyes to eyes, her hand stopping its tracing and was now just stroking along his skin.

"I'm sure once my shop opens, I'll have ink all over me all the time. It's what we get for working with dark, sticky materials." She wrinkled her nose cutely and finished up her drink. "How about that dance?"

Calvin Holman

"You've got your own shop? Impressive." He'd smile, warm and welcoming. His blue eyes sparkling with mischief and mirth. He'd offer his hand to her, though, so he could lead her onto the dance floor. "Hey, you can't blame a guy for trying." It had been a harmless shot.

To the dance floor they go! A warm, strong hand on the small of her back and it would remain there as he turned the blue haired woman to him, moving to the beat. The mechanic can dance.

"I do, but it hasn't opened yet." She took his outstretched hand and let him pull her to the dance floor, chuckling as he managed to pull her right so without all the stopping and starting she and Chloe always had to endure as they squeezed their way forward in clubs.

Beatrix had several non-magical talents two of which were dancing and giving her complete attention to someone, both of which she was doing now. As Calvin pulled her close, she draped her arms around his neck and pressed her body to his as the music took control. She smiled up into his face, impressed with his moves, her eyes shining. At one point, she grabbed four shots off a tray as it was passing, and gave two to him. "Drink 'em down, hot stuff!" She took both shots easily and handed the glasses to another staff member walking by.

When the dance ended, Trix grasped Calvin's shoulders and leaned up to press a kiss to the corner of his lips. "I'm celebrating my friend tonight, so I need to go find my her, but I'm going to find you again before the night is over. Wait for me, k?" She didn't wait for a response but pushed her way through the crowd to where she'd last seen Chloe.

Calvin Holman

The few songs he had her to himself, he'd keep the blue-haired vixen close, pressed against him, even showing off a bit with a few moves that don't often make their way onto the club floor. He'd have to get her to tell him his name again, because there was no way he heard it right the first time.

Calvin was delighted when she expertly grabbed four shots off a tray; the girl could drink, and that was something he admired in a woman--especially one who isn't a hunter. He'd gladly take the two shots from her hands, tipping them back in quick succession.

His disappointment was clear when she informed him that she'd have to leave him, but the promise of meeting him later brought a smile to his features. "I'll be waiting by the bar." It was the easiest place to find a person and he could have some drinks while waiting.

Chloe Summers

The blonde would not be hard to find. She'd be near where Trix and Calvin had been--unwilling to leave her best friend completely on her own--and she was dancing. She wasn't exactly dancing with anyone, just moving to the beat and, more or less, dancing with the crowd. She smiled, bright, when she caught sight of her best friend and stumbled over to Trix. It seemed she'd had a few more drinks in Trix's absence. "Done torturing the poor soul?" She'd tease.

Trix

"I'm going to torture him a bit later in bed!" she giggled, draping her arms around Chloe's waist and dancing with her, hips shimmying and hair swaying back and forth. She knew she was not reliable as a friend when boys were involved on normal nights, but this was important! "I couldn't leave you to celebrate alone, now could I? This is your night, girl! Wooo!" She shouted to the ceiling and snagged a drink off a passing tray and took a deep sip. She obviously had some catching up to do!

As a few more hours passed, the blue-haired bombshell was totally drunk and tired of dancing. She kissed Chloe's cheek, said she was off to cause trouble with Tall, Dark, and Tattooed, and made her way to the bar to find him which she did. Her arms slinked around his waist from behind. "I'm back and kinda surprised you're still here."

Chloe Summers

She just shook her head and laughed. "I would have understood!" But truth be told, she was glad that Trix hadn't just completely ditched her. She'd enjoy the next couple of hours before she'd start looking for her own stranger to go home with in the evening. She'd tried with the bartender, but it seemed that she wasn't interested. Fair enough.

"Be careful and call me in the morning," the blonde would instruct to her best friend before hugging the woman tight and sending her off to make bad choices.

Calvin Holman

The mechanic would, indeed, be found at the bar. He was chatting animatedly with the bartender, Jade, laughing at something she'd said, the woman gesturing wildly. At the arms around his waist, he'd inform Jade that he would be closing her tab. If she noticed the blue haired woman wrapped around her friend, she didn't show it. Instead, heading off to the register.

Calvin would turn, leading her into the crowd a little. He didn't need anyone else seeing them together. "Of course I am. The drinks here are great." He'd grin at her and lean in closer, "Beside, how was I supposed to get your number if I just left? But I'm surprised you actually came and found me."

He'd let her go then, turning to sign his receipt and then he'd snake an arm around her waist, leading her away from the bar, moving through the people expertly. He did, indeed, spend a lot of time here. "So, you and your friend were celebrating?" He was moving her toward the door, heading for fresh air. "Hungry? We could... go get breakfast?"

Trix

Beatrix dropped her arms when Calvin turned around, and she stumbled a bit when he lead her back into the crowd, blinking up at him a bit confused but she decided that could be the drink talking. She smiled brilliantly up at him, giving her full attention. At his teasing comment about the drinks, she very nearly showed him a bit of her sass when he made up or it with what he said next. "Well, give me your phone, and I'll type it in." She extended her hand out flat for his phone. If he gave it to her, she would deftly type her name as Beatrix, which is always how she introduced herself. Trix was used by mostly friends.

"And of course I came back for you. You're Trouble with a capital T which is my very favorite kind." She went willingly as Calvin guided her with an arm around her waist through the throng of even more hard core partiers than herself. When he pushed them outside, she tipped her face up, closed her eyes, and sucked in a lung-full of the clean, refreshing air which did little to sober her up after so many drinks but did go a long way to making her feel a slight bit steadier on her high heels. "I'm pretty sure I'm already full of tequila, vodka, and rum." She patted her flat belly.

Her eyes glanced about for her car before she pulled out her own phone. "Uber? I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself and more importantly, others, if I drove right now." As she pulled up the Uber app on her phone, she smiled, "Yes, she just passed the Bar Exam!" She gave a tiny bounce in her heels.

She paused and glanced up at him, weaving a bit in her heels. "You sure you want to do this?" He seemed a bit more sober than herself, but it was hard to tell sometimes, especially when you were drunk off your ass.

Last edited:
Calvin Holman

Of course he'd hand over his phone and then he'd look at her name again before tucking the phone into his back pocket. Beatrix. That made a little more sense than what he'd heard in the club. "Wow, that's great. Looks like you celebrated pretty hard." He'd offer her a steadying hand on the elbow and look her up and down, worriedly. She seemed... drunk. Like, really drunk.

"Nah, we can walk a bit. I don't live too far." It would give her some time to sober up and he wasn't about to put her drunk ass in the car with a stranger to send her home. He was surprised by her question and blinked at her with wide blue eyes. "Not really, no." He'd answer, honestly. "You seem... really drunk." He'd chuckle a little, "And I definitely don't want you to feel taken advantage of in the morning. But I don't feel like you'd be safe getting home like this. If you're too drunk..." It was hard to tell, really and already he was opting for a No for tonight's plans. Which was fine.

"Well, you can sleep in my bed and I'll sleep on the couch. You'll be perfectly safe." He held up both hands. Yes, he'd been flirty in the club, but he was a decent enough guy and he was just trying to make her comfortable.

Beatrix

A pretty smile was lifted up to Calvin's pretty face, and she chuckled, "I was just making sure you weren't too drunk because I'd hate to take advantage of someone so pretty," she teased. "But, a walk does sound good and will clear my head a little bit." Thank God she was too drunk to feel what was surely torturing pain in her toes from the high heels. She wasn't going to mention the sleeping arrangements because truth be told, if they weren't going to party some more at his place, she'd rest until semi-sober and then walk back or get an uber home.

As they began the walk to his place, Beatrix caught his hand and linked their fingers. "You're a real nice guy, Calvin," she murmured after a few minutes, her other hand lifting to stroke through her hair.

Back