Id(Purpose) Rebooted

(Hang on, I'm just retarded)

Cinon smiled a little, burying his head in the Avian's soft feathers. "Okeh. I have a secret that can help... but it's a really secret secret."

Avery blinked at the contact, but didn't protest, more intrigued by the proposition of a secret that could help them escape. "A secret secret? Sounds secretive.." He said ominously, and to show that he was interested. "Mind telling me?" He asked.

"I dunno..." Cedric looked away, seriously weighing the situation. "He'd be real mad at me if I told you... Especially 'cause we're here n' stuff."

Cinon rested his head on Avery's knee, looking at Koldrom and the new dragon with a sideways view. "What'cha think about that green dragon. He seems nice. He's helpin' Koldrom with his bleedin'."

Koldrem trots back over to his friends with several small dots of blood across his face, however most of the blood has stopped. "Thanks for waiting up for me. Th-the dragon over there...he's one of my older retainers who was imprisoned here amongst a scouting..." he pauses looking back at his old friend. "We aren't allowed to interact with him though. Supposedly, he's have a release soon and after seeing the way Sapphire had just treated me. he's scared that by interacting with me, he'll have his imprisonment extended." the dragonet lays down by Cinon. "I don't blame him though, his son and I were good friends when we were little...he has a family waiting for him..."

"That's nice." Cinon said, sitting up again. "What about us? We can leave to then that means, yea? What if Sapphire just wants ta' bully us a bit then we get to go home? She would let us go home, right? We didn't do anythin'. What if you promise not to do what she wanted n' stuff."

Avery nodded. "She didn't seem too harsh on me or Cinon here, but who knows. She seems pretty unpredictable." He said, still curious about whatever the secret was. "If we can get good with her, I'm pretty sure we can get free.."

"For you two, yes but...me? I'm pretty sure she wants me dead besides, what do I have that she could possibly want?" he lies. Kold eyes his broken mask on the ground from afar.

"I dunno. Maybe she justs wants you to promise to go away or somethin'."

"She is responsible for the death of his father. It is unlikely that she would accept his word."

But then what can we do?

"Escape."

"We might wanna try to escape instead though... I dunno. What'cha think Avy?"

"I've been thinking that since the very beginning!" Avery exclaimed, shaking his head. "But really, the only question is how? Evidently that has not become very clear over the past few hours, and I've been looking around."

The dragon taps a talon on his face. "M-Maybe we could mine in an secret area upwards? Sure, we could break the braces but that'll only give us more attention than we want;Getting out would be almost impossible after that." Kold runs his other talon around the top of Avery's birdlike head. "Has anyone ever told you your really soft Avery?"

Avery blinked, confused at the sudden attention. "I-I guess I am but we should really focus guys!" He protested, holding back a coo of delight and comfort. This was not the time nor place to get cozy!

Koldrem laughs watching the two. ~Huh...its been a while since i've had a good laugh. Maybe I won't die here...maybe...~ The dragon rolls over to the same position he was before, on his back and belly upwards before quietly thinking of numerous ways to escape.

"I dunno. I'm sleepy, and hungry." Cinon stretched out, lying his belly on the cool rocks. "Can't we jus nap for a bit or somethin'?"

Koldrem nods his head. "It is kinda late outside and they haven't called our branded marks yet I don't think. We should go ahead and check in for the night."

"Yeah. I wanna keep the soft bird tho." Cinon nuzzled Avery's blue feathers again, purring gently.

~Mmm, I bet that every single dragon who saw Cinon nuzzling and inhaling Avery in such a way would smack the dragonet upside the maw....Then again, i'm one to talk~ Kold shakes his head before setting it down on his paws. ~I shouldn't think such rude things, he probably isn't even like that~

Avery sighed, giving into the cuddly dragonet, relaxing slightly even though there was plenty to keep him on edge. "You're a friendly fellow, aren't you Cinon?" He said, patting his head and cooing audibly, leaning back as well.

Cinon remained silent, already drifting off into sleep in the embrace of the fluffy bird.

The stars roll by and with the sun to hide
They all come out to play and shout
~~~
The next morning, Cinon and Avery are awakened to the loud blarring of some kind of horn in the working area. Many of the dragons around groggily begin to awaken and or conversate amongst one another before exiting the room down the long hall. The horn continues for several minutes before giving one last blow and silencing itself.
Koldrem groans in anger, shifting away from the entrance and covers his ears in an attempt to resume sleep.

Back