Id(Purpose)

Glitchy Dragon

NightCrawler
"It looks like it hurts a lot..." the small dragon commented.
"You know, there's a ton of things you could be doing right now...being quiet ought to be a fun one" the adult white dragon snapped back. Blood dripped heavily from the nub where the adult dragon's left wing was ripped off his body. ~Damn...I'll probably blackout at this rate...maybe five minutes...maybe less...~ Butio stared into the small fire for several moments before giving a small nod. Reaching forward, he snatches away a piece of smoldering wood with a bit of fire still going off it. "Koji...in my current state, i'll passout and possibly even die," he pauses momentarily allowing the dragonet to take it in.
"W-What?! A-And leave me out here all by myself?! You ca-!!" Koji began.
"I know, I know," Butio interrupted. "I'm going to try to seal the wound with the fire...the pain...;It'll be so excruciating for me. I could pass out, having the wound not fully be closed, and still die. That's how awful it'd be should luck not be on our side."
"I could always use my liquid fire instead. It shouldn't hurt as much right?"
He rolls his eyes, sticking the back the smoldering end of the wood into the fire again. "It's called acid, Koji. And no, i'll take my chances of dying to a bit of pain than having my whole left side eaten up by acid."
Koji let out a tiny snicker, only for Butio to narrow his eyes at his dark humor. "Lucky for us, luck is on our side." His markings pulse a bit brighter, lighting the cave up slightly more alongside the fire.
Both Butio's ears and head perk towards the cave entrance amongst hearing a gentle tap. He reaches to his back with his right arm and pulls off a long one of his long sword-like quills. Meanwhile, Koji jumps behind the injured dragon as practiced. "The slightest mistake is the key to my advantage...show yourself.

"It is not a good idea to wander into every cave we come across."

I don't care, it looks neat. There's something warm and flickery.

"It is most likely a fire, from another dragon. Probably one that does not appreciate trespassing."

Bah, nobody can see me anyway. We're invisible, remember!

"I remember everything, you know that. It is a bad idea regardless."

He poked his head in, noticing the two dragons. One was wounded heavily, red blood all over his white scales. A look of shock came over Cinon as he approached. Suddenly, the acid dragon jumped and hid as the larger, spined one called out.

A wave of black scales shimmered into existence, a very frightened looking, young, small dragon standing in the center of the entrance of the cave mid-step. His glossy black eyes shimmered in the torchlight, arm-wings held tight to his body. He remained still until he suddenly dropped to the ground, grovelling at the two dragons.

"I was just walkin around and explorin and I didn't know you were here and I just wanted to see what the warm was and- I'm sorry!!- Are you hurt?! What happened!? Do you need help?!"

~Another dragonet? Why the hell would another dragon be this far out...unless...~
"Give me a reason to trust you first and i'll consider not filleting your tail-end," Butio growls. Despite the seriousness, he could begin feeling himself becomie light headed as the time of blacking out drew near. His spiked tail sways from side to side before shaking similar to that of a rattlesnake's, attempting to intimidate to the best of his abilities.
Koji pokes his head from behind Butio, cocking his head a bit. ~He looks about my age...maybe older...I can't tell...~

Last edited:
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." Cinon looked into the dirt for a second. "Because I promise? I can just leave if you want I didn't mean to make any trouble for anyone really I'm very very very sorry."

"Get your ass out of here then."
"W-Wait, don't leave yet" Koji called, hopping out from behind Butio. "You can stay if you really mean to help out."
"Koji, that's not how it works. He could be lying in order to get close and kill you." Butio slides his tail around Koji's lower half and begins to pull him back away from the intruder.
"Ack!" he squealed in suprize. "Butio Dakumakura, I order you to drop your quill and let talk to him!"
"I'm under your father's command to keep you safe no matter what. That's exactly what i'm doing" he retaliated calmly. ~Damn dragonet...he doesn't realize just how bad things can get.~ A bit more blood seeps through the paw Butio was keeping over his wound and he winces. "Dammit....dammit dammit." The dragon himself swayed momentarily over, barely catching himself as he stabbed the quill into the ground for support.
"Butio...please..." The dragonet gave him a worried look. "Let him help."

"We have no ability to help them. We should leave."

We can! We can go and find some gold spotted flower, or some water, or some food or green spikey stuff.

"They do not want our help. Leave them."

No! I can help 'em!

"We can help you! I can go find the healing flower or some water or food or that spikey green stuff! I wanna help."

Butio opened his maw to protest but Koji interrupted"Y-Yes, please. The quicker the better."
"Koji..." the dragon mumbled before dropping to the ground. Several times, he'd tried to get back to his feet, only to slump back down to the ground. "So...weak...so...cold..." he groaned.
"Don't move, j-just try to keep still." He turns to the other dragonet and his markings turn to a noticably glow brighter. "Please, hurry."
(Maybe your character decides to take a break from his nightly counting of coins for a night's fly? Then he'd go to the cave hideout we're in that was originally his)

(Yeah sure that works. Thanks Glitch.)

The moon hung in the star lit sky Dedrirth lazed around in his exhibit, counting the coins he had gotten from the humans that day. However this task was sometimes more tedious then it really should be, especially during a busy day. He loved the gold, but he didn't much like sorting the gold into neat little piles. It was a necessary task, but it was one he did not like very much. The night was young and long however, and with the moon out, perhaps it was time for Dedrirth to take a little flight, to clear his mind and maybe to break the boredom. He sets his gold and gems aside and with a powerful beat of his wings, he lifts up into the skies to see what is there to find in the surrounding area. Around an hour of flight later, he was rather disappointed as the landscape was nearly as boring as counting coins. At least it was until the moment after his thought when he spots his old cave. The smell of blood radiated from his old home and he wonders if some injured beast had the cave its new shelter. It might be interesting to find out so he soars downward toward the cave. He wasn't stealthy in his approach as his landing produced a loud thud that can be heard by any nearby creature.

Hearing the thud, Koji gently tugged at the adult dragon's finger as he laid there. "Butio...Butio, theres someone else coming..."
Despite his efforts of calling, Butio lay there within his own world slipping off into unconciousness leaving little Koji all alone with the new two intruders.
"Butio? Butio, please wake up!" the dragonet whisper cried, attempting to awaken his retainer. With no other choice left, the dragonet quickly hopped over his larger body, hiding behind it from the second dragon on the verge of tears.

Lucretio thrummed happily, his white leathery hide vibrating. The back half of the fish slid down his throat and the dragon sighed. Belly full, he closed his eyes and curled his tail around his nose.

Returning with wood for the fire, Mateo opened his mouth to speak before noticing his companion already in a sleeping position. The young boy smiled and placed the wood next to yesterday's embers. He had lived with the old dragon for as long as he could remember, and felt rather as if the leathery beast was his father.

After dropping a few pieces of wood into the charred fire pit and ensuring that the bark lit, Mateo tucked himself beneath Lucretio's wing. The blonde had nearly drifted off when he heard some sort of scuffle followed by a piercing screech. He bolted to an upright position and tugged on the dragon's wing. "Luke, did you hear that?"

Lucretio lifted his head blearily. "What is it, my flightless egg-chick? You are far too old to be needing me to walk you to the pond for a drink at night..." The dragon grinned cheekily at the boy, but his muscles stiffened when a second scream broke the silence of the night. "Mateo, stay here and out of sight. I'm going to go find out what is going on. We don't often have visitors in this area, for good reason."

"Luke, I want to go with you!" Mateo reached for one of Lucretio's neck spines, but the white dragon stood and flapped his wings. "No. Until I know we are safe, you will stay here." The boy pouted, but he didn't have much choice. Lucretio had already spread his wings and disappeared into the darkness, leaving his little charge shivering in the night.

The elder dragon followed the sound of arguing and eventually spotted the soft glow of intermittent firelight from one of the northern caves. He altered his course and landed behind the next ridge.

A young dragonet leapt from the cave, and Lucretio listened carefully. Gold spotted flower? Raelsbane! The white dragon moved in closer and spotted another dragonet wrapped up with a much older dragon who seemed to be in distress. None of the three seemed to pose much of an immediate threat, and so he stepped forward. He paused, however, when yet another dragon landed in the mouth of the cave. This was too much.

"I am Lucretio, elder of this territory. We are not accustomed to so many guests. What might you all be doing here in the dark of the night?"

~Lucretio....Lucretio...why does that name sound so familiar...~ The dragonet pops his head over his unconscious retainer's body. Remembering what Butio taught him, he opened his maw, at first thinking to ask of his alliance only to throw it all away. "I need help...my retainer...my freind is dying. We were attacked by assassins back in my home kingdom when he barely escaped with me. He's wounded...one of his wings is ripped off and he's dying from it I think" he explained. "Please...please help him. I-I'm royalty, I can provide money, shelter, power, a-anything just please" Koji sniffled.

Dedrirth looked at the newcomer dragon with a bit of caution. The dragon was much older and therefore much more experienced. Still Dedrirth played it cool, to see if he can't gather some information about this gathering. "Hello great one. I am merely here to check on my home. You see, I smell the blood of an injured creature and I simply wish to see if the creature is indeed alive or dead. I have no intention of intruding on your territory, I swear on my life."

Cinon had wasted no time when the dragon asked for him to help. Quickly shifting invisible, he sprinted out of the cave in search of the potent gold spotted flower. And the spiky plant, can't foget the spikey plant.

He was in such a hurry that he took no note of the new arrival, dashing past him before he could set down.

"Cinon, that was another dragon. Large. If it attacks, your new friend is dead. It is best if we do not return."

Cedric, no, we're helping 'em.

"Please. At least watch before you enter the cave this time."

Fiiine. Ooh! I see the flower!

Cinon worked quickly, picking flowerd with his thumbless hands and putting them into a bundle as he chomped down with his mouth and set off running again. The spikey plant was around here too... Probably... Maybe?

"Take a right, we passed one nearby on our way here."

Avery flew about aimlessly, out on another one of his adventures on his epic quest to be noticed for something....cool. Really he was just bored and needed to fly about for a bit, that was all. He found flying to be akin to meditating, the ground below him like an endless painting being illustrated as he flew along. Of course he didn't think all that much of this now, having flown about numerous times. It was just when he was about to flap on back home when he heard a commotion. Like, a loud one.

The closer he got to the noise he heard, the more it began to sound like talking. Big talking, like...dragons! He had forgotten that dragon's voices can stretch for literal miles depending on how big and old they are, and while these dragons didn't seem too elderly, they were still big enough to be heard from a ways away, which Avery was glad for. Could this be his grand adventure that he got famous for? Was this the beginning? Was it finally happening?

Amidst his fantasizing about glorious adventure and fame and fortune, Avery noticed something peculiar. Yes, quite strange indeed was that he was plummeting like a rock, much unlike his graceful avian self. It appears he had gotten so distracted that he forgot to flutter his wings to stay aloft and was currently falling at an incredible speed towards a tree a small distance away from the group of dragons. In a hopeless attempt to not look like an idiot, he flapped his wings and tried to turn himself to a proper flying position, but to no avail. With a loud squawk, he crashed into the tree's canopy, causing the leaves to rustle violently and a storm of flustered birds to fly out from their home.

After breaking his fall with several branches, Avery flopped upon the ground at the base of the tree, bruised and battered. It was okay, he thought, his noble adventure oughta have a comedic beginning, right? Slowly, he got up and faced the dragons. He waved at nobody in particular. Maybe they hadn't seen?

Lucretio shook his head and stepped into the cave, fluttering his wings to clear everyone from the unconscious dragon. "Let me have a look at your friend, here. I am a healer, after all." He noted the fear in Koji's eyes and chuckled. "Do not fear, little egg-chick. I don't need your wealth and power."

The elder's creamy tail tip twitched as he thrummed, using his gifts to assess the damage. "Aye. Lost a lot of blood, this one has. But I believe he's not as far gone as we may think. Not yet, at least." Lucretio examined the other dragons in the cave, noting that Cinon was missing.

"The small one. I believe I overheard him yelling about Raelsbane? Well, that's what I call it. A gold spotted flower and 'spiky plant' were his exact words, if I remember correctly. In any case, if those ingredients can be located I believe I might have a good chance of saving your friend."

Lucretio was interrupted by a loud crash and a thud. He turned, but had gotten too deep into the cave to locate the source. "What was that?" he asked, looking to Dedrirth for an answer. "If they're dangerous, I'm sure you all are capable of keeping them at bay while I tend to these wounds?"

"F-Fight you mean? Me?" the dragonet pointed a talon at himself. "I'm not allowed to fight...it's too dangerous, Butio told me." ~Not to mention there is a chance that thing could wake up inside me should I get too hurt...~

Back