If you could chose from these three powers, which one would you pick?

Teeloffel

Time Stop:
The ability to stop time for a brief amount of time, incredibly draining and exhausting. On first use, the power is weak and sluggish but over time can be evolved to being able to move through stopped time and not just think, although this requires extensive training.

6N6J.gif

Shapeshift:
The ability to take on the form and shape of something as well as their abilities. The only limit would be things that don't live, exist or exist at the moment (dinosaurs are a no-no). This ability can be expanded into cloning and cloning yourself.

Flight:
You can fly. At first, it's only levitation but over time you can develop it into flying faster than sound, although only for a short time. (think chronicle, the movie).
27786d42c876fb138b7c45e8bbd68ab2.gif

This was just a small argument I and my friends had so I wanted to introduce some of you to this question.

Bonus:

Which one would you rather write about?

Feel free to ask questions!

I think I can rule out Flight right away for me. Because Shapeshifting would, I believe, encompass flight if I could turn myself into a bird. Yeah, I think I'd have to pick Shapeshifting as my ability.

Though as for one to write about? There's already a glut of shapeshifting characters on RPG sites... so...:emoji_sleeping:

Time-stopping could prove an interesting writing experiment, particularly in a hard sci-fi setting.

I think I can rule out Flight right away for me. Because Shapeshifting would, I believe, encompass flight if I could turn myself into a bird. Yeah, I think I'd have to pick Shapeshifting as my ability.

Though as for one to write about? There's already a glut of shapeshifting characters on RPG sites... so...:emoji_sleeping:

Time-stopping could prove an interesting writing experiment, particularly in a hard sci-fi setting.

Uuuu that seems really interesting actually. I can either imagine an assassin type character with a time-stop sort of ability or perhaps some sort of warrior on the field.

I agree on the fact that Shapeshifting includes Flight, yes but definitely not at the speed, accuracy and power that the "Flight" ability entails.

I would love to fly and to write about flying as I feel that it would be the most challenging power to, keep secret and to write about, I also think the other powers are a little over powered in role-playing terms but would not bar anyone from role-playing with those powers

Time stop would be the most interesting in my opinion. Flight would definitely be more useful, I could save so much money on gas. However Time Stop allows for so many different uses. One casual use I would employ would be freezing in social situations. I have anxiety and sometimes have have panic attacks, especially when dealing with people I don't know well or in situations where i'm not comfortable. Having the ability to freeze everything around me and gather my thoughts would be a monumental game changer when going out to heavily populated areas or going on dates.

I have to say the temptation to use this power for evil would be pretty tremendous. Why pay for something when you can just freeze time and take it? This could be a pretty interesting basis for a story. Someone morally grey getting this power and their internal conflict regarding how to use the power. I could even be fun not to necessarily write about the powered person, but the detective tasked with solving the crimes that they commit. Or do both stories in tandem Death Note style. Flight and shape shifting are neat powers but neither offers the depth of moral complexity that Time Stop does.

Shapeshifting. I can literally be anyone and anything. I can have a preferred form and no one but friends and family could know or guess my true self. I can become any actress (or actor) I want. Or even make my own alternate self. Plus shapeshifting is so much more versatile than the other two abilities.

Back