If you were a villain, what kind of a villain would you be?

LORDKHAOS

KHAOS KOMES!
I'm a villain maniac and prefer villains over "good" guys.

What i want to ask you is that if you were a villain, what kind of a villain would you want to be?
For myself, i want to be a deceptive villain, who doesn't waste his minions but rather use them unlike many villains who just send everyone he owns to their deaths. I also am the type of villain who prefers stronger and less minions than weaker and numerous minions to do my bidding. That way the "good" guys are not able to dispatch many of my minions very easily but as most movies go, villains always lose no matter what happen and i am not a fan of it. My role model villain would be Yuri or Kane, both from C&C. They are both deceptive and use their brains(For Yuri... more literally)!

How about you? What's your favorite?

Well, I'm not sure, but definitely I'm getting tired of the typical generic villains who always lose. And like LORDKHAOS said, I'm not exactly a fan of bland villains who send all their minions to die a vain death, all their sacrifices for naught and they lost at the end.

For me, I think it's far more interesting to show the good and evil sides of characters, be they heroes, villains, anti-heroes, anti-villains or even just a normal passer-by.

If I were a villain, I think I would be one with some sort of intelligence, a twisted sense of justice and some basic moral codes which I abide by. Sort of like a Templar Knight or a Noble Demon, but not exactly a fanatic and blind fighter. I would always deal with internal conflicts and also some soft spots. I'd be a villain who prefers to do most things behind the scenes, pulling the strings and enjoying the show as disaster ensues. >: D

But if a little kid getting harassed and bullied by others, I would stand up and fight the bullies in a variety of ways, either directly or indirectly.

I would also fight fire with fire, fight venom with venom too; so I'll make sure people who mess with me will taste their own medicine >: D

The kuestion is fallacius in it-self, nobody who is a villain wuld consider themselvs one. In there own minds, they are justified in what they do, no matter how fucked up.

One of many reasons why I dont vatch movies, movie villains are so removed from vhat a real "villain" wuld be like, its not even funny.

Probably a Stepford Smiler, I've already had experience being one in real life due to depression, only now I hide an ax-crazy side. 8D I imagine if that pushed and hurt far enough, and if I go off the cliff, I'd probably fuck around with other people mentally just for the evulz. And because cynicism. Truth be told, I don't see myself a physical fighter - I fight with words, bringing other people down, dragging them by the heart instead of the body. Manipulation is the keystone.

Narcissistic, melodramatic megalomaniac with a Messiah-God complex. Absolutely insane with very little grasp on reality. Driven mad with power, and the pursuit of it, with very little regard for anything but the current Hell raising thrill. Graceful, flamboyant, unpredictable, terrifying. No minions- All chaos must be savored personally and none shall share the glory. Actual power is irrelevant. Turn the minds of all who would stand in opposition against themselves with doubt and propaganda.

I want to say the villain of consequence. As in, the one who tries to do good and help people, but ultimately does more harm because of how they approach it. But, I feel that's a bit of a cop out, since the majority of interesting villains view themselves as the good guy.

I'd probably be the zealot. Not in a religion manner, just something in me would snap. Causing me to fixate on one problem, and crush it with impunity.

I fight with words, bringing other people down, dragging them by the heart instead of the body. Manipulation is the keystone.

... Damn, that'd be scary way to do things. o_o

Last edited:
A fun one is Villains who are considered villains by virtue of being alien to the point where they have no interest in understanding why what they are doing is bad. Everything about them is so vastly alien that you cannot possibly reason with them and they are killing everyone they meet. Slowly.

I also like villains of ideology: the ones you can relate to.
All it takes is a dash of willful ignorance and a cup of painful loss to demonize something enough to become a villain.

Hmm.

A twisted ideology wherein I control humanity in its entirety to save it.

All governments will be forced into total subjugation to me, all wars will end because I will destroy every army by any means. Millions will die in a purge of the key players who sow destruction, political corruption and the contamination of the planet.

Once a thorough cleansimg of all 'true' evil has been made..from the ashes a new world will emerge. Histories and culture will be preserved but things like countries will cease to exist. Global citizens; global regulation..a paradise in my image..

..or something like that xD

Your typical megalomaniac with a savior complex and the inability to compromise.

Hmm.

A twisted ideology wherein I control humanity in its entirety to save it.

All governments will be forced into total subjugation to me, all wars will end because I will destroy every army by any means. Millions will die in a purge of the key players who sow destruction, political corruption and the contamination of the planet.

Once a thorough cleansimg of all 'true' evil has been made..from the ashes a new world will emerge. Histories and culture will be preserved but things like countries will cease to exist. Global citizens; global regulation..a paradise in my image..

..or something like that xD

Your typical megalomaniac with a savior complex and the inability to compromise.

I think i like this one....

I'd be more of the Dragon, the right hand of a charming villainess, and we would end up influencing each other into thinking we are good guys!

I would most likely be a mix of a plotting and in-your-face kind of villain. I would form alliances rather than having minions. Those allies don't need to share my goals, hell, they don't even need to know them. I would have a plan to reach my goal, and that plan would be broken up into smaller parts and for each of those I would figure out exactly what I need to achieve it without jeopardizing my plan as a whole and I would form alliances accordingly. I would never trust anyone else with my plan. Its clearly a liability, so I would always be surrounded by people, full of allies, but alone in my pursuit of whatever I deem neccessary. In short, my final goal would be extremely hard to figure out, making my moves quiet literally unpredictable.

I agree, with what a lot of you are saying. I would probably try to "save the world" As long as the ends justify my means, then you bet I will be doing whatever needs to be done, no matter what.
I want to be that "plot-twist villain" One where you really want to believe that they are good but in reality, they are probably using you as just another ends to a mean.
Then again, with me being totally aware of this being the type of villain I would be, I won't really be good but more manipulative.
You know how villains like that in the movies wait until they are about to achieve their goal or wait until someone is dying to reveal their evilness? Yeah, well not me. I'd let them die thinking I was a saint, I'll achieve my goal quietly and continue alongside with my opponent to "to changes things back" but in reality "innocently" lead them in the wrong direction until my goal is cemented for the remainder of my life.

i would want to be a villain who wouldn't regret their actions to the very end. that sort of mental strength is needed for anyone who turns their back on others. i would want to have a mind of iron and a hard of stone. intelligence and power doesn't matter as much to me as being comfortable with taking a darker path. i wouldn't hesitate for a second before going in for the kill. i wouldn't imagine taking in companions either. i know for sure that i'm not a team-player in real life anyway. even without that piece of personal bias, wouldn't having people surrounding me just make me more vulnerable? i did not specify that i wanted to be intelligent or powerful, so keeping people by my side could be difficult. assuming that these traits aren't present, it'd be easier to just kill them. i'm not sure what sort of word i'd use to describe this sort of villain. but i reckon that it's the safest sort of villain to be. one who resists the temptation of company and remains steadfast. i feel like those personality traits are so important for criminals, especially as their crimes get them into more and more danger.

Doesn't hesitate to exploit others.

Sets people up for failure, especially if they're likely to be future adversaries.

Ruins others' lives for fun; loves seeing everyone in despair.

Furtive, but if he's ever found responsible for others' suffering, laughs his ass off in their faces until they can't think straight.

Aware of the advantages of being unfettered and self-serving.

Plans to acquire more power until he becomes the winning side; likes giving off the message that, whether he succeeds or not, his cause (evil) is what wins in the end.

Brutal; a true heart-garrote devil.

I may or may not have an inclination to romanticize villains. That being said, I really like well-rounded antagonists with a reason for doing what they do. Be it revenge, love or a twisted ideology--I really like villains who have depth, even if that means a backstory (as long as it's a good one).

But if I were a villain? I'd love to be a whimsical little devil who's fate is eventual damnation. Why? Well, it's because I want to be the enemy who just does "evil" for the sake of it, taunting the protagonist on how they define their versions of what's "good" when they're reproached. I want to be someone who's powerful, and uses this blessing as a way to mess around with others for the sake of petty entertainment. I want to stir up trouble, bring chaos to peace and remind everyone that not everything stays the way it is. My crimes will be a variation of small pranks to terrible atrocities. It'll probably lead me to a future where I'll get punished for my crimes, but I'll just laugh it all off and regret nothing, because all in all, it's been a fun ride.

I always feel like the vast majority of people who act like villains wouldn’t have the mental capacity to be genuinely evil, themselves. We just run into people, all the time, all over the world, who’s interests clash with our own. You see someone who’s better than you, who always seems cocky, maybe even is a bit of an asshole, but they don’t do it because they have a warped sense of right and wrong, they just have different values. And you’re probably the villain in someone else’s story.

So back to the question at hand, sorry for the tangent, I’d be the villain of conflicting interests. I’d want something you had, or I’d be interested in your crush, or something like that, and I wouldn’t consider my actions evil. If I was fighting in a war, I’d be the faceless goon pointing a gun at you and your friends, because I believe in my country’s cause, the same way you believe in fighting against us.

And at the end of the day, if you conquered my forces and captured or killed me, the villain, my friends would raise a glass in my memory, my mom would cry for me, and my girlfriend would miss me. Doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do your upmost to fight me, but I just like the image. Almost no one is truly isolated.

i--i would be the kind of villain who apologizes after bumping into someone

i hate being mean i apologize way too much LMAO

but im petty af so i'd probably just. make people i dislike suffer through as many inconveniences as possible without them finding out.

I think I'd be a pretty self-interested villain. Sure, megalomania is cool and fun but personally my favourite villains are the ones who just do stuff for the kicks. If I look at all the Buffy villains other than Season Six (which IMO is very much a biopic on depression and has a pretty special place for me), my favourites are Season Two, whose villain I won't name so that I don't spoil this 20-year-old series for anyone, and Glory in Season Five. I like it when a villain is close to unkillable for reasons that are emotional to the protagonist but also because they're just plain powerful. For all intents and purposes, Glory was stupid, shallow and frivolous. In a normal 20-something, this would just make them annoying, but Glory was a God. God powers and being stupid, shallow and frivolous? You've got a good thing going, and watching it is like licking the chocolate that melted in your hand off your fingers.

So, uh, yeah. The short answer is that I'd want to be Glory because I, too, am stupid, shallow and frivolous, but I don't have any God powers.

I don't know about being a villain myself, but my ideal villain would be someone who is usually very manipulative, trying to get what they want just by coaxing others into helping them. I also picture many of the villains I write to act somewhat formal, keeping a certain composure, almost a regal air about them. Unless things go terribly wrong and they start to blow up at other people, most commonly the protagonists. Sometimes their motive is unclear, there could be a few hints or suggestions for what their motive might be but it'd likely never be truly revealed.

Back