Illusion Illusion I: The Distraction of the Falling Worlds

Atomic Knight - Apr 7, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Unlike his wife, Richard's favorite holiday was definitely Halloween. Though not a day anyone actually got off work from, the theatricality of it all got Richard's blood boiling. Even as an adult, you had the excuse to dress up and become something outside of your ordinary mundane life. Though the joys of going outside and collecting candy or staying up to watch horror movies had been lost in his shift to adulthood, Richard still got a kick out of dressing up. This year, he'd gotten the urge to dress up as a kind of medieval warrior, for whatever reason.

Getting home from work, he showed the costume off to Ambrosia, who seemed mildly amused at it, like usual. It wasn't until the pair of them began to settle down for the evening that something odd happened; in a fit of apparent nausea, his wife had slapped him. Richard had pushed off the couch slightly, staring down at her like she'd grown a second head. Even as she began to apologize, he could only stare at her. His head hurt all over again, except Richard couldn't quite recall if he'd hit his head today. "Ambrosia--" Richard swallowed a lump in his throat. Apparently she wasn't feeling well, and Richard couldn't imagine why. "Okay!" he suddenly burst out,, standing from the couch with an erratic energy. Still in his costume, he practically bowled over Chandler's friend as attempted to make his way to the bathroom. He was going to grab whatever he could to help Ambrosia, but seeing the girl caused Richard to freeze.

A million things popped into Richard's head and he wanted to ask about all of them, but all he could really ask was, "Where's Chandler?"

Ellya - Apr 7, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Richard said:
Unlike his wife, Richard's favorite holiday was definitely Halloween. Though not a day anyone actually got off work from, the theatricality of it all got Richard's blood boiling. Even as an adult, you had the excuse to dress up and become something outside of your ordinary mundane life. Though the joys of going outside and collecting candy or staying up to watch horror movies had been lost in his shift to adulthood, Richard still got a kick out of dressing up. This year, he'd gotten the urge to dress up as a kind of medieval warrior, for whatever reason.

Getting home from work, he showed the costume off to Ambrosia, who seemed mildly amused at it, like usual. It wasn't until the pair of them began to settle down for the evening that something odd happened; in a fit of apparent nausea, his wife had slapped him. Richard had pushed off the couch slightly, staring down at her like she'd grown a second head. Even as she began to apologize, he could only stare at her. His head hurt all over again, except Richard couldn't quite recall if he'd hit his head today. "Ambrosia--" Richard swallowed a lump in his throat. Apparently she wasn't feeling well, and Richard couldn't imagine why. "Okay!" he suddenly burst out,, standing from the couch with an erratic energy. Still in his costume, he practically bowled over Chandler's friend as attempted to make his way to the bathroom. He was going to grab whatever he could to help Ambrosia, but seeing the girl caused Richard to freeze.

A million things popped into Richard's head and he wanted to ask about all of them, but all he could really ask was, "Where's Chandler?"
Emily froze up when seeing Chandler's father looking at her. She'd been caught. Why now? Why, of all possible moments for her to get caught, did it have to right after she put on her stupid little halloween costume? Her face turned a deep shade of red in a matter of seconds as she stared at the man, her mouth half open, trying to look for words to say. "I-I... I d-don't know, sir... I m-mean... I do know, I just... H-He... He's upstairs sir... In h-his room..." she stuttered, her arms behind her back.

Jeremi - Apr 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM

"Like oh my God Marissa, I'm like trying to find the best costume." Phone in her hand Lola would be talking with Marissa as she looked herself in the mirror. She loved Halloween since it allowed her to dress up in all kinds of awesome outfits. "Ew no Marissa, Slutty Pumpkin was just the worst. Right now I'm thinking about a slutty lawyer, slutty cop or slutty princess. Like...I don't know, after breaking up with Kevin I- Marissa no...Yes Marissa we were totally dating! Like how could you even say that! Ugh, whatever I can't talk to you when you're like this. I'll call you back later when like you've learned to not be such a bitch."

*Beep*

She'd throw her cellphone on her bed and fall down shortly after on it as well. Marissa could be such bitch! Her and Kevin had totally dated! He had even given her the love bracelet after they had had that romantic dinner at that Olive Garden...

Lola let out an audible sigh before getting off the bed and picking up one of the costumes from the bed and looking at it intently. She needed this right now, and with a quick change of clothes she'd look herself in the mirror. "OMG it's amaziiiiing~!" Slutty princess it is then.

51f5b1a235c3832339c855588762fdcb.jpg

Klutzy Ninja Kitty - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:13 PM

After making sure Emily found her way to the bathroom, Chandler went into his room and opened his bottom dresser drawer to take out his halloween costume. He unfolded the costume, shook it once, and finally dressed himself in it. The costume had been rather expensive and cost him a lot of his allowance money from the past few months, but it was worth it to Chandler. It was something he really wanted.
Assassin%20Creed%20Pleuche%20Jazz%20Cloth%20Cosplay%20Halloween%20Costume_4.jpg
After he had finished changing, Chandler exited his room and headed back downstairs to meet up with Emily. "Okay, I'm re--"

The young man cut himself off seeing his step-dad scrambling around in the bathroom and Emily standing there. This was awkward. His parents were usually do busy with their own stuff that they didn't notice if he brought anyone over. This was probably the first time the man had seen Emily.

"Uh, what's going on?"
Chandler asked, stepping back with a puzzled expression on his face.

Midnight Maiden - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:20 PM

As soon as Richard gave her that look, Ambrosia had to turn away; she couldn't look at him, when he was looking at her like that. Even though her gaze had diverted, she continued to apologize profusely, despite the fact she felt as though she were on the verge of throwing up. "I'm so sorry, love.. I really.. Don't know.. What came over me..."

Once again, Ambrosia tried to get up, but failed. It only made the nausea and lightheaded sensation worse. After dropping right back down where she'd been sitting before, the blonde whimpered faintly, placing her head between her knees. That was what they always said to do when you were dizzy or nauseous, right?

She hardly seemed aware of the fact that her husband had gotten up and had a run-in with the kids. She was too disoriented to really recognize this.​

Chris Lang - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM

Hiroshi said:
Hiroshi nods. "<I did get the letter, but it seemed he wasn't referring to just tonight, but over the grand news of the time itself. I still don't know what he means, different memories, personalities, and everything? I can't imagine having chosen to be anything other than a Game Designer.>" He looks around, wondering if anyone else is nearby, scarf tight, jacket pulled closer in, and glasses starting to gradually fog up from the cold against them, while the heat from his face makes the other side of the glass a different temperature. "<Oh nice, My glasses are fogging up. Hmm, I didn't think It was that cold out here.... >"
"<Yeah, it is kind of chilly.>" Megumi said. "<I might not want to dress in some of those outfits Lola gave me after last Christmas. But I don't think a little cold's going to stop Lola. She's kind of daring.>"

"<Anyway, maybe we shouldn't worry too much about that whole 'game' thing until after Halloween's over. But it sounds like everyone's expected to vote. But not everyone's going to be at the party, you know? It's like Christmas. Some people will be just hanging out, or trick or treating. So much to do in one night and not enough time...>"

As she spoke, she noticed others approaching. She quickly switched to speaking English, even though the first person she saw was not someone known for being chatty (unlike Megumi herself).

Bubba said:
Bubba had reached the main part of town on his long walk. The lake was some ways out, but Bubba had enough endurance to walk all the way there (and he cant fit in a car). Bubba was practically a walking halloween costume himself, and some people were already scared of him. But, Bubba wanted to fit in with the rest of the town. Maby find some friends. He wondered what Zhang was up to; most likely preparing something for her neighbors. Orel is either hanging with his own friends, or maby dressing in a blood hood and leaping around, scaring kids. Leff 5 Deed, Bubba thinks (Every now and then, he walks by Chandlers house and see's some of the oddest games, kids these days..).

While Bubba was walking, he spotted Megumi around the park. Bubba moaned and waved his hand to Megumi in a friendly greeting.
"Hi, Bubba!" Megumi called out, waving and smiling. "Nice out here, isn't it? Hope everything's okay in town. Keep up the good work."

Megumi didn't know much about Bubba, or how he got his position. He wasn't all that much for conversation, so he probably wouldn't tell her even if she asked. But one thing Megumi did know was that he did a good job keeping the peace in the town, and that he was definitely one someone wanted on their side in a fight. Aside from that, he seemed nice enough. Megumi had gotten used to him waving at her in that friendly greeting whenever they crossed paths.

"In case I don't see you at the party, Happy Halloween!"

BarrenThin - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM

Lola said:
"Like oh my God Marissa, I'm like trying to find the best costume." Phone in her hand Lola would be talking with Marissa as she looked herself in the mirror. She loved Halloween since it allowed her to dress up in all kinds of awesome outfits. "Ew no Marissa, Slutty Pumpkin was just the worst. Right now I'm thinking about a slutty lawyer, slutty cop or slutty princess. Like...I don't know, after breaking up with Kevin I- Marissa no...Yes Marissa we were totally dating! Like how could you even say that! Ugh, whatever I can't talk to you when you're like this. I'll call you back later when like you've learned to not be such a bitch."

*Beep*

She'd throw her cellphone on her bed and fall down shortly after on it as well. Marissa could be such bitch! Her and Kevin had totally dated! He had even given her the love bracelet after they had had that romantic dinner at that Olive Garden...

Lola let out an audible sigh before getting off the bed and picking up one of the costumes from the bed and looking at it intently. She needed this right now, and with a quick change of clothes she'd look herself in the mirror. "OMG it's amaziiiiing~!" Slutty princess it is then.

51f5b1a235c3832339c855588762fdcb.jpg
Jason was finally getting into the spirit of the Holidays. He was outside and very noticeable, trying to work up the nerve to approach the house and be friendly. He was wearing a long black cloak and had a broadsword at his waist. This, combined with his tall stature and rather impressive build, gave him an almost ominous appearance.

tumblr_mvumt2n6Kw1s03x0vo1_500.jpg

S5705M-a.jpg

CrunchyCHEEZIT - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Bubba would nod slowly, sticking out his hand in a thumbs up. Bubba sometimes saw Megumi and her friends walking around town, usually with shopping bags in their hands. Bubba isn't really "hip" with the times and doesn't know much about what kids wear and do, as he is only tasked with protecting them, but if he had to ask about whats in with the times, any of those girls is his best bet. But, alas, Bubba is just the sheriff and he doesn't need to be wearing the sexiest high heels this side of the town to protect someone. He could find a shinier drill..

Bubba continued on his walk, giving Zhang a motion to follow. She of course had a choice, but Bubba never said no to company.

Jeremi - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Jason would hear the patter of footsteps coming from inside the house before the door was unlocked and Lola stepped out in full costume holding a bowl of candy. "...Like aren't you bit too old for trick or treatin'?"

BarrenThin - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Lola said:
Jason would hear the patter of footsteps coming from inside the house before the door was unlocked and Lola stepped out in full costume holding a bowl of candy. "...Like aren't you bit too old for trick or treatin'?"
Jason was a little surprised when she answered the door. "I wasn't... I wasn't trick or treating. I wanted to meet my neighbors." He muttered. The man's face was pretty heavily scarred. It looked almost as though someone had placed some sort of mask on him that ended up digging into his face.

RevanTOR001.jpg

"I've lived here my whole life. Thought it was high-time to try and get out of the house."​

Jeremi - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Lola looked him up and down curiously before she got another friendly expression on her face and exclaimed. "OOOOH! You're Mister Hobo-man!" Her nickname for the guy she usually saw from time to time from her window...Lola thought he was a vagrant...if she knew what the word vagrant meant. "Well, like, I'm Lola Coulson my parents are on a trip to the Easter Islands cause you know Halloween." She'd shove the candy bowl right in his face.

"You totally look like you need one!"

BarrenThin - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Lola said:
Lola looked him up and down curiously before she got another friendly expression on her face and exclaimed. "OOOOH! You're Mister Hobo-man!" Her nickname for the guy she usually saw from time to time from her window...Lola thought he was a vagrant...if she knew what the word vagrant meant. "Well, like, I'm Lola Coulson my parents are on a trip to the Easter Islands cause you know Halloween." She'd shove the candy bowl right in his face.

"You totally look like you need one!"
He was once again taken about. "I'm not a hobo. I'm a carpenter. The only one in town." He sighed and ran a hand over his face. "I'm Jason... Jason Bjorn." He was still nervous and obviously so. Talking to others wasn't something he was particularly good at or that he enjoyed. Though he did reluctantly take a piece of candy. "The Eastern Islands? That's awfully far."​

Jeremi - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:54 PM

Jason said:
He was once again taken about. "I'm not a hobo. I'm a carpenter. The only one in town." He sighed and ran a hand over his face. "I'm Jason... Jason Bjorn." He was still nervous and obviously so. Talking to others wasn't something he was particularly good at or that he enjoyed. Though he did reluctantly take a piece of candy. "The Eastern Islands? That's awfully far."

If Lola noticed the overall awkwardness of the man she was hiding it pretty well. "Like you make carpets? Isn't that I dunno like kind of old school? Could you check out carpet? I tried to tell mom and dad that like a full floor mat is just super tacky, you know?" She'd grab Jason by the arm and pull him into the fancy house. Well inside she'd motion towards the floor.

"Like really? Were they like born in a barn or something?"

BarrenThin - Apr 7, 2015 at 4:59 PM

Lola said:
If Lola noticed the overall awkwardness of the man she was hiding it pretty well. "Like you make carpets? Isn't that I dunno like kind of old school? Could you check out carpet? I tried to tell mom and dad that like a full floor mat is just super tacky, you know?" She'd grab Jason by the arm and pull him into the fancy house. Well inside she'd motion towards the floor.

"Like really? Were they like born in a barn or something?"
He would have explained that, no, carpenters do not in fact make carpets, but he was pulled into the building suddenly. "Uh... Yeah... super tacky." Jason blinked. He really didn't have much of an opinion on such things. That was mostly left to Alison. "But, no, I don't make carpets. I help build things. Like houses. I... put the building materials into use." He smiled awkwardly.​

Jeremi - Apr 7, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Jason said:
He would have explained that, no, carpenters do not in fact make carpets, but he was pulled into the building suddenly. "Uh... Yeah... super tacky." Jason blinked. He really didn't have much of an opinion on such things. That was mostly left to Alison. "But, no, I don't make carpets. I help build things. Like houses. I... put the building materials into use." He smiled awkwardly.

@Jeremi

"Right?!" She shouted. "Super tacky. Also like houses? Have you...built anything cool?" She cocked her head to the side and looked at him. "Like building houses is cool, I guess?"

BarrenThin - Apr 7, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Lola said:
"Right?!" She shouted. "Super tacky. Also like houses? Have you...built anything cool?" She cocked her head to the side and looked at him. "Like building houses is cool, I guess?"
He just shrugged. "I... guess. I've helped make boats and stuff before, too." He was just glad she didn't think he made carpets anymore.​

Mari - Apr 7, 2015 at 5:38 PM

Zhang smiled as Bubba said the words. She walked by his side as he had said how time flies. "It seems like it was only yesterday that it was Christmas, does it not?" she said, "it is a good thing and a bad one, good because we seem to be enjoying our time here such that time flies, and bad because we may be failing to truly absorb those good times?"

She thought about her words as they walked, as she enjoyed the nice weather, and she always liked seeing the lights in the town at night.

Back