Illusion Illusion II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna Collins smiled as she saw the hall monitor Horatio. She waved at him and walked towards. "Good day Horatio," she said, "how are things?" She always asked after others kindly, as long as they were at least decently good people in general. Knowing how high school can be, sometimes it was a rare quality, even among the faculty.​

"Great! Now if you'll excuse, I gotta get ready for class!" LuAnn replied with a smile letting go of his ear and patting him on the head before continuing down the hall to her classroom.​

Tom looked at Vivi run off. So she seemed okay now...

He just gave a silent glare at Meira and Simon, blowing a bubble with his gum and popping it as he walked off. He tried looking around for Anouk, he felt today was the last possible day to find a prom date and he procrastinated long enough.​

Feeling embarrassed about his run-in with Ms. Lewis, Horatio's head was lowered when Anna caught his attention. He didn't know her too well, but for her to actually ask how he was doing... "I, uh..." He awkwardly walked up to her, his fingers twiddling. Horatio was usually ignored, if not thought of with disdain. It was all in the name of the job, but sometimes it did get to him. "I'm doing fine, Anna. Just on patrol this morning." He practically puffed out his chest in pride.​

After abandoning the group at the lockers, Viviette just tried to hightail it to her first class; Home Ec. It wasn't her favorite.. But she survived, at least; if only barely. It seemed that literally anything could send her spiraling down into a state of pure panic and absolute fear, or a nervous breakdown, or even a panic attack so severe that it lead to her passing out.

Which, was something she recalled happening numerous times a year.

It didn't matter right now, though, she supposed.. This wasn't PE- which happened to be her second period class -, where she lived in absolute terror that Mr. Wilson would force her to run extra liked he seemed to do quite a few kids, or of when the swimming part of their education would come around again.. It was a yearly course, and the one that never ceased to terrify Vivi to no end.. It almost had led to her drowning, a couple of times, due to passing out in the water after being shoved in despite her terror, which sent her into a major panic attack.

No... This was just cooking.

Which.. Which could only lead to poisoning someone, burning yourself, catching something- or yourself -on fire, wasting materials by doing something improperly, dropping equipment on yourself... And a large number of other in-kitchen incidents.

Oh God.. Yeah, Vivi's heart was pounding dangerously again.

Cautiously, she slunk into the classroom, dark curly hair draping around her face like a curtain, with the way her head hung. However, she did manage a small greeting to Miss Lewis. "M-morning, Miss L-Lewis.. I-I'm sorry I'm l-late, a-again.." she apologized profusely, taking her seat and looking down with something of shame. It wasn't uncommon that she was late.. With how mornings were when she was most commonly pushed around and generally picked on, and all.

Ironically, it seemed she was actually early; class wasn't starting quite yet. She must not have been in that locker as long as she felt like..​

Meira
"Nice girl. ... Nice ass too."
Mhmmm, bootay. With that, Meira sidled past the two hunks potatoes to get to her locker. With a twirl of its dial, she opened it and threw in her cooler and bag. She took a few brief moments to unzip the backpack and reach in, fumbling for a bit before taking out a few sheets and a pen. With that she closed her locker. Hah? Books? Nonsense! A writing utensil and paper is all you need! Pencil? Ew, no. Erasing was a hassle. Just strike out your mistakes! Ah, there went one of the clods. The nicer one who didn't talk back~

Alright! Schooling time! ... Sleeping time too, that usually meant. Well, it depended on the class. Some teachers were too scared shitless of her to call her out~ Or they just didn't care. Well, could be either. Oooh, maybe they just appreciated that she actually came to class. Yeah. That could be it too. Hmm. Well, time to go.

Meira walked off.​

"Hey sugah, nothin' to worry about I was a little late too, had to have some stern words with the hall sheriff." LuAnn replied to Vivi as she put on her apron over her quite expensive looking flowery dress. "Now what do ya'll suppose we're doin' today in class?"​

In the hallway, outside of the library, a young woman with blonde hair with a pink stripe in it lurked, talking absently to a few other students that soon evaporated.

Upon spotting Meira, she offered a small smile and a wave. "Hey!" she greeted cheerfully, voice oddly alluring. Almost.. Magical. "You here for newspaper, too?"​

Simon didn't have anything to say to Meira's insult, because he honestly couldn't care less. He just silently helped Vivi out of his locker. Pausing his music, he remembered that he had the same class as her. He didn't care to apologise to Tom, if he had offended him. He just found it mildly pathetic that he didn't stand up to the school bully. He decided to follow Viviette to his next class. It was cooking. He was good at it, but didn't really tell anyone. He'd often cook for the others at the orphanage. He was glad that he could at least be useful to some capacity. He casually threw his battered school bag under his desk, and sat next to her. He didn't really know how to comfort someone who was shaking like a leaf, but it was worth a try. "Hey, you okay? How's you get in there anyway?"

Meira
Meira smiled and waved back. "Nah. I've got toilet paper at home." Bad Meira. Bad. ... Also what are you looking at? Her one eye just stared at the other woman's hair... Probably the pink stripe? Her head bobbed up and down, as if trying to look at it from every angle. "Say, did you fall asleep with some cotton candy in your bed, or is that obnoxious skunk stripe part of your hair?" She's just innocently inquiring! A simple curiosity-driven question! Meira wasn't trying to be mean. She was just... mean all the time, pretty much.

It's a gift. And a curse.​

Anna smiled at Horatio's answer. "That's good, of course," she responded as she walked by, "the school, the students, the faculty all count on you. Don't ever think your job isn't important, okay?"

She then realized, looking at her schedule, that she had home economics class next. She was new to the school and didn't get the schedule memorized right, yet. "Gosh!", she said, as she went by in a blur, finding herself an open seat at the class. She tried not to laugh or give away that she just arrived.

Clearly, Viviette was relieved that Ms. Lewis didn't appear to be mad, or even mildly upset. That at least soothed her nerves the slightest little bit.. Even if it wasn't much.

At the question, the ravenette faltered: almost seeming to be waiting for someone to make the smart-alec response of 'cooking'. After all, what else were they supposed to say? Despite, Vivi hesitated, before doing what she usually did when a question was asked: taking a piece of paper and pencil and writing down her answer. She was always too anxious and terrified to answer verbally and pull attention to herself.. So she simply held up the neatly written answer discreetly: 'Studying Molecular Gastronomy?'

However, her gaze turned away from Ms. Lewis momentarily when she found herself being addressed.. By the boy who'd helped get her out of the locker. She made only a split second of eye contact, before she immediately diverted her gaze downwards, avoiding meeting his eyes and shying back slightly.

"I.. I'll be f-fine.. It happens all the time," she assured, quietly. At his other question, she simply cringed, shaking spell threatening to start back up. "W-well..- I-I...-" There was a small sigh, and she only seemed to keep choking on her words when she tried to get them out. "..I-I'd rather not t-talk about it.."

"You seem pretty shy. I just hope you're alright, you know?"
said Simon, nonchalantly. He smiled at her, hoping that she would smile back. He continued to speak, although his voice was quiet, as not to raise the ire of the teacher. "Tell you what, if things are that bad, I could, you know, look out for you. Get people like Meira to lay off of you. I know what it's like to...have people hurt you, but you gotta stand up to them at some point, y'know?"

The other girl rolled her eyes at the reply, though she also grinned slightly. "Ha, ha. Funnier than Toad trying to challenge the Beyonder," she mused, sarcastically.

Though, Meira's stare did seem to make the blonde self-conscious. She ran her hand through it subconsciously, as though trying to feel if there were something stuck in it or it had become knotted. But, the remark brought about a hurt pout. "Hey..! It's a highlight!" she protested, blushing out of embarrassment at the harsh remark.

Anna sat behind the other two, overhearing their conversation. Though she could tell things were okay, and had a feeling things would be, she felt she needed to reassure Vivi, after what she went through in the morning. Just to make sure.

She put her hand on Vivi's shoulder. "Don't worry, it'll all be okay. Just keep your eyes open. And your heart. I know it."​

Meira
"Ah, a highlight? So like... landing strip shave or something?" No Meira, I'm pretty sure she didn't mention pubic hair. "So if ya got a stripe of pink hair... Does the carpet match the drapes? Meira, enough. Meira. Meira. Stawp. "Eh... guess that's rude to ask at school. If you wanted to show me, then you wouldn't be able to." ... Yeah, sure, whatever. "So what's up with the newspaper? Did a Kennedy get shot? I do love me some books. Don't really bother with newspapers though."What's this? Character development instead of hurtful or lewd remarks? "I mean, newspapers are as dry as a nun's panties and just as uncomfortable to look at." ... Yeah, okay. I'll take that.​

LuAnn had to lean in a bit to see what Viviette had written. "My, Ah guess someone's peeked ahead!" With a cheerful skip she'd head to the nearby fridge and pulled out a container with a lid on. "Now...follow up question for the rest of the class. What do you think we're goin' to find in here? Cause you know it's molecular gastronomy, it's going to be somethin' really zany!"​

Hearing the Teacher's question, Simon was tempted to answer 'food', but decided that someone else would probably beat him to it.

Noticing the girl sitting behind him was new to the school. He casually saluted, and said. "Hey, you new here? What kind of music, are you into?"

Anna looked at Simon and smiled. "Yes, I am kind of new. Just transferred, only started here last week." She thought about the question to her. "Music, well, I can appreciate all kinds. But especially classical, and rock. What about you?"​

Intro:

Another day, another class.... Anouk flicked the stand down for her motor bike and lifted her helmet off to free her long brown hair. She looked around the parking lot seeing nobody whom she recognized, which was normal she was always an odd one out. Pulling up her Beats headphones over her ears she began to listen to one of her more motivational songs 'Danger Zone'. Sliding her keys into the pocket of her shorts then adjusting the satchel bag strap on her shoulder she walked into the corridors towards her locker tapping her fingers on her thigh as she walked. Even bobbing her head as she walked. In minutes she turned up at her locker and did the combination on her lock then flicked it open.

"let's think.. metal work then what... sports nice" she said to herself as she took out her notebook with a smirk still with her headphones still on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back