Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiner was caught offguard by the realization, that Ange in fact, didn't own the library.

acBb2sw.png

"I-I'm sorry miss... ... I didn't mean to-..." He trailed off a little as he stumbled with his words.

It seemed he had misread the situation; he hadn't expected Gaap to send them to someone who apparently didn't own the Library. However, despite this, she seemed knowledgable enough to function as a kind of guide around here.

Perhaps he would be better off not jumping to conclusions like that...

Though as they were lead throughout the library, Reiner couldn't help but gaze in wonder at all those books; from his hometown, to within the Walls, he had never seen any place contain this many books. Not to mention, the fact that the library seemed to contain almost anything, even the unimaginable.

Even for him, that was alot to take in.

As he thought about what those books could possibly contain, it seemed Kiyohime had also been wondering something similar, if the question she asked Ange had anything to say about it.

The response she gave only made Reiner more curious, and so... He summoned the courage to clear his throat and inquire a little further.

5FldN3q.png

"These... Stories. Can they be based off of real events? From other... ..." He paused for a moment, trying to remember the term that had been thrown around during the event that had brought him and Kiyo together.

"... Dimensions?" He finished.

Part of him wanted to say 'worlds' instead, but 'dimensions' felt more... Fitting for a situation like this. Though it was still difficult to comprehend the prospect that other worlds existed out there, seperated not just by the heavens, but... Perhaps something else, he seemed to understand there was some kind of difference.

Though regardless of the answer to his question, as they were lead further down the hallway... Something else caught his attention; a barrier that seemed to be blocking off apartof the library, it went seemingly unnoticed to those more native to this world, but it caught at least his attention.

acBb2sw.png

"Wait! What... What is that?" Reiner asked, gesturing to the... Strange, ethereal barrier he saw.

He wasn't sure what to make of it; it was almost like light itself had solidified to become some kind of wall. Something he could associate with glass, except... Sturdier somehow, with properties he had yet to understand.

Needless to say, his curiousity had gotten the better of him once again.​

❝ ... In that case, yes. Whatever is on your mind, there might as well be a book detailing the events. Maybe even something relating to you both, wherever that book may be. Unless searching for one measly book is a time-killer you'd take. ❞ Ange plainly answered, giving the notion that a book that involved Reiner and Kiyo existed in this endless library. Kiyo wasn't sure what to make of it, since she could read a tale of herself that wasn't of the one she was making right now. It begged the question that wanted to be asked, but the Heroic Spirit held that thought to herself.

Aside from that, their tour went smoothly through the library. As much as there was an unbelievable amount of books that were stored away in this library, nothing else of interest could be commented on here. Books and nothing else. Well, aside from the magical barrier that blocked off some bookshelves away.

❝ Uu! It's a protective barrier that wards away anybody from that area of the library. Lady Beatrice says that even she's not allowed access there, so there's highly restricted material beyond that magical wall. Uuu... ❞ Maria spoke in a stern voice, meaning that she was quite serious when asked about what this portion of the library was. If someone like Beatrice isn't allowed to go through that barrier, then it meant that the books in this restricted area were not meant for anyone's eyes.

While Kiyohime was silent as the explanation was given, she briefly glanced over at the magical barrier placed between them and those restricted books before she returned her attention to their tour guides.

@York

tjhSNrs.png

"Whatever is on my mind... Huh..." Reiner mused to himself.

He stared at the endless sea of bookshelves for a bit longer before his attention returned to Kiyo, gently putting a hand on her shoulder. While he couldn't exactly read her mind, he did notice she was a little restless. A reassuring smile on his face as he tried to comfort her.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Hey... If there's anything you need... It's fine to ask about it." He said.

Perhaps if she didn't feel comfortable asking Ange directly, he could give it a shot.

As for the answer regarding that magical barrier, Reiner was curious, but now wary of what lay beyond.

R8iQanV.png

"Security... Right..." He muttered.

Of course, he was tempted to explore the library further later, but for now... Seeing that Ange probably wasn't too fond of acting as an impromptu tour guide, he decided not to be a hindrance to her, if he could help it.

@Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_oii5r6sGKQ1v3qowuo10_100.png

❝ Alright... ❞ Kiyo spoke in a distant voice. Despite that, she didn't exactly say what was on her mind anyways, or at least hint Reiner on what was itching the back of her mind. For now, it didn't seem like the place for her to say it anyways. It was clear that there wasn't much else to see in the endless library by the looks of it, the conversation drifting into an awkward silence as Ange led the way.

Almost like it were oddly timed or that it was known that there wasn't much else to show that was new and unexpected in this library, another spacial gap ripped open from underneath Reiner and Kiyo's feet, sending them down into a completely different place once again.

qdRDpx9.png

From the looks of it, they found themselves in a chapel of some sorts. Despite the abnormal purple haze that signified that it was still the same Metaworld outside, the chapel interior was brightly lit, making the location feel like a place that was completely different from the mystifying Metaworld. For all they knew, Gaap was still in control of their tour and randomly deciding when to drop them off to different locations quite literally.

tumblr_pimwraTdYj1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Hey. Let me guess, you two are taking a tour of the place, right? ❞ A young woman who happened to be busy over at the chapel's altar merely glanced over to see the pair and instantly taking a guess on what they were here for. In a way similar to Ange, this woman was wearing an attire that wasn't like the extravagant (and possibly questionable) dresses that most of the inhabitants wore. The only thing that appeared strange about this woman was the fact that she bore a dark blue cloak that covered her left side almost completely. Despite that, it wasn't enough to exactly hide the fact that this woman was missing the entirety of her left arm. Along with the fact that a particular blue crystal reflected the bright lights in the chapel, a small gemstone embedded into her left cheek.

Looking at the pair, she appeared almost bored, and rather indifferent to their arrival unlike the earlier tour guides so far.

@York

rwJwzB8.png

"..." Reiner chose to keep his silence rather than pry any further.

Something was clearly bothering Kiyo, even though she wouldn't quite say it. Gently giving her shoulder a squeeze, he let go.

He had seen that look, that expression on his comrades numerous times before. However, in those cases, it was pretty clear what was on their mind... ... They just wished not to discuss it.

It was the nature of their duty, his duty.

But now, he no longer had to worry about such things. Though, even if he chose not to pry right now, he had to wonder; was there something Kiyo regretted too?

It was hard to believe someone like her might have done something as terrible as he had, but... It was possible.

In the end, there was no telling why the potential contents of this library might be troubling her, so he ended up maintaining the awkward silence that suddenly permeated the room as they were lead through the rest of the library.

Just then, then that the floor gave out underneath them, causing Reiner to move his hands instincitvely to steady Kiyo with a start.

Naturally, he was caught offguard by the second, rather sudden transport process Gaap seemed to love, disoriented by this briefly before he shook it off, taking note of his surroundings.

They were apparently in a Chapel, but that strange, purple hue outside told him they were still in the Meta world.

But his attention was soon drawn by someone who seemed strangely familiar to him, somehow...

IdLKcCK.png

"It wasn't bad you know... Being a goddess for a while..."

That's right... Her...

Somehow, this young woman's attitude reminded him of that girl that had... ...

He shook his head, deciding not to continue to that train of thought. Instead, he decided to speak up first.

NUh3OcG.png

"Y-Yes... That's right. Um... What might be your name, miss?" He asked, stuttering a little.

It always looked like he had seen a ghost...

@Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_pivp01z1oP1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Lapis Lazuli. ❞
The woman says without hesitation, though there was a distant look in her eyes as she introduced herself in a moment's notice. Glancing at what appeared to be a single blue crystal on the altar, Lapis made a slight gesture with her hand. That alone made that crystal shard glow in a dim light.

❝ Oh, Reiner, you don't look well. ❞ Kiyohime didn't take long to notice that Reiner was acting a little off, and pointed this out from pure concern. She couldn't exactly figure out at first glance on what was making him act up like this, but it deeply concerned her.

❝ Relax or whatever, I don't really mind. Think of this spot being the break area, in all honesty. ❞ Lapis nonchalantly spoke as she eyed the glowing crystal placed on the altar. ❝ I'm aware of the tour and all, but there isn't much to see here. This chapel was created by the Endless Witch Beatrice for some unknown purpose in the Metaworld, but for who knows how long, it's just been here, being unused. A place to be forgotten about by the other inhabitants, but it makes a good training spot or a place to be alone. ❞

A sharp cracking noise echoed throughout the chapel, followed by a burst of wind that sought to escape the chapel premises through some means. The ravenette glanced over at her work on the altar again. The crystal was shattered into bits and pieces, leaving an excess amount of magical energy in the crystal's ruins.

tumblr_pivoyePjJp1v3qowuo1_100.jpg

❝ Damn. That's the 27th time. ❞ She curses to herself. It could be noted that Kiyohime was still waiting for Reiner's answer, wanting to be reassured that he was either fine or that she needed to assist him with his strange behavior. Whatever Lapis said earlier wasn't going to be so important to the Berserker servant until later.

@York

Reiner only realized that his reaction wasn't as low profile as he initially hoped when Kiyo mentioned he didn't look too well.

JyF0h2O.png

"Oh...! I... Don't?" He said, truthfully not having noticed until it was mentioned.

Though, eventually he... Managed to properly shake off his previously frazzled mannerisms, returning to the more collected, calm person he was before.

The person that he had wanted to be anyways, despite all that he had done in the past.

Turning his attention back to Lapis for a moment, now that she had given him her name, he extended a hand out to her.

zStuU3V.png

"Lapis... Was it? I'm Reiner, Braun..." He said, gesturing to himself.

Gesturing to Kiyo briefly, he continued.

"And this is lady Kiyohime, but... You can call her 'Kiyo' for short."

There was another pause as he took in what Lapis said the chapel was supposed to be; a place to rest, created by Beatrice for a reason even she didn't know.

Bowing a little in an attempt to be friendly, he retained that smile on his face for now.

"I thank you for your hospitality... I guess we could use a break." He added.

After the initial formalities were over and done with... Regardless of what happened, he decided to speak to Kiyo personally, realizing that his behavior from earlier had worried her.

He had gotten so used to those he was close with just accepting his sometimes strange behaviors, but here... Things weren't quite the same. Not that he minded; he felt a little touched that Kiyohime was concerned, and decided it was for the best to explain what had happened to him, and more importantly... Not obscure the truth from her.

o16ohos.png

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to alarm you... Kiyo..." He said, shaking his head a little as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Lapis just... Reminded me of someone, that's all. Someone who saved me and my friend. Someone who... Probably isn't with us anymore..." He said, a distant, sad look on his face.

While he knew many things that those within the walls did not... The person he had been referring to was... Different somehow, more knowledgeable than the others.

Maybe that's why she chose to help him, and the other that had been left after their failed attempt to carry out their mission. Instead of condemning him, like the others.

But now was a time to start a new life, after the opportunity was granted to him thanks to a random woman he had expected never to hear from again... And of course... Kiyohime herself. In some ways, she was the reason he hadn't gone crazy the moment all of his horrid memories had come back.

Eventually, after things were settled with Kiyo, his attention turned to the noises coming from Lapis' direction, hearing the sharp cracking noise followed by the wind blowing through the Chapel.

Once he saw the shattered crystal, he began to piece together roughly what happened after Lapis cursed under her breath.

RPQeo7Y.png

"... Do you need any help, Lapis?" He asked suddenly, not sure what else to do.

There was no hiding that look of surprise on his face as he tried to analyze what had happened... Beyond it being some kind of work of magic anyways.

The crystal itself reminded him of an ability his titan form had, the one that he had been trained to utilize for his mission initially, but now... Things were a bit more complicated than that, but nonetheless, better.

@Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
Kiyohime didn't say much once she heard his reasoning why he looked so off moments earlier. It was understandable. It was human nature that people can see similarities between people, seeing a familiar face from a unfamiliar face. Along with the fact that he's been honest with her ever since that incident, she didn't dwell on the matter too much. There was no need as long as it was the truth, and that she was caught up with whatever lingers in his head and causes her to worry like this. Plus, there wouldn't be time to give out an appropriate response as a crystal shattered with a loud noise in the chapel.

❝ It's fine. I just... didn't balance out my magic correctly into that crystal. That's all. ❞ Lapis brushed it off as if it were a mere inconvenience, letting the remaining crystal shards to disappear into thin air. Without much effort, she waved her hand over the altar once more, and a new crystal manifested itself into existence.

❝ They say when you repeat the same thing over and over, it would be only a matter of time until you've learned all that you can and that you've mastered this one action. ❞ She comments on the crystallized handiwork that she's created in a matter of seconds, brushing her fidgety fingers on the gem's virtually perfect surface. ❝ As soon as I got involved in all of this, before becoming a Witch, crystals have been my only forte. It's become second nature to me, so naturally, I should know all that there is about this ability of mine. ❞ Resting her fingers firmly on the crystal, it begins a steady yet faint glow. ❝ Except that's not true... or else I wouldn't be doing any of this. I understand the concept, utilizing a different step into the crystal formation process... but it all falls apart when I proceed from what I usually do. Makes me wonder that I'm just some knockoff Witch with a basic one-trick pony approach... ❞

Lapis immediately stops herself from saying anything else, realizing that she's been rambling about her magic training to people that probably won't get a clue on what she's even talking about.

❝ Ignore what I just said, you're just going to get confused about my own problems. ❞

❝ Are you uncertain about something, Miss Lapis? ❞ Kiyohime's sudden question surprises Lapis, who was set on continuing her training without a word.

❝ Uncertain? ❞

❝ Yes. Our practices of magic are completely different, but it can't be a stretch to say that the magic we use is a clear reflection of ourselves. So if your magic causes your crystals to shatter like that- ❞

❝ Probably, but not sure if that's the case, Kiyohime. I'll... keep that in mind, though. ❞ She interrupts Kiyohime's sentence, but briefly considers her words for now. It wasn't like she was going to ramble more about herself to total strangers at this rate, so this was probably the most they'll get from Lapis as she attempts to do this magic training using that new crystal. Off to the side, there was a pink butterfly lingering around, but going unnoticed by Lapis.

@York

Reiner gently placed a hand on Kiyo's cheek, as if to say 'everything is okay', but... Before either could say anything, the sound of that crystal shattering distracted both of them.

Whatever they had left to talk about, could wait... Perhaps.

"I'm going back to my abandoned homeland... That's all I care about. I'll do it no mater what."

"And you? Why did you choose to enlist?"

"I... I thought that I had to kill them all... That I must exterminate all the titans myself... That's what I believed."

"So your heart never wavered, even after encountering a titan?"

"No. For now I'm just worried about becoming a soldier."

"Start off by readjusting the belts. You'll do fine tomorrow... ... I have faith in you."

"..."

"Eren Jaeger, was it?"

"Yeah, thanks. You're Reiner Braun, right?"

ZB3Feq3.png

Back to the present, Reiner gazed over the scene in front of him... Noticing what Lapis was trying to do; he couldn't quite understand how magic worked just yet, but he did understand the basic concept behind her efforts.

In a way, it reminded him of his younger days, when he had coached a fellow cadet at the time about how to master 3D Maneuver gear. Hearing what both Lapis, and Kiyo were saying... There was a distant look on his face, as he recalled a much earlier time in his life... A time when he was still naive.

Even though he had done many things in the past that he regretted, there was... At least one thing he learned from it. Something that he would stick to even now.

S0Rp9Ih.png

"If Crystals are what you make the best... ... Then... It's not just a matter of repetition." He said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

For the first time in a while, he truly felt like... He could act like someone's 'big brother' again. This would mark the first steps in his commitment, to being the person he had wanted to be, or maybe, just a chance to redeem himself.

In either case, he wasn't planning on wasting it.

TWAZ1ir.png

"I have faith in you, Lapis. Don't be afraid to give it your all." He added, a reassuring smile on his face.

"You're stronger than you think you are."

At that last part, there was this distant look in his eyes as he seemed to remember something from his past... But in the end, that warm smile remained on his face. For one reason or another, he really seemed to be dedicating himself to helping Lapis fullfill her goals.

@Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
Momentary surprise swelled up in the Witch of Miracles, but Lapis forced that aside and merely gazed at the altar. A part of her didn't want to get side-tracked from her own training. Before she could continue on that, however...

❝ Oh c'mon Lapis, I've been telling you that since I brought you to the Metaworld, y'know? ❞ A feminine voice jeered at Lapis's silence, and soon, that nearby pink butterfly was enveloped in a flash that revealed yet another person to the mix at this chapel.

latest

❝ At the very least actually take that into consideration and stop being so idiotic to yourself! ❞ The blonde leaned dangerously close to Lapis's face, as if trying to provoke her. That wasn't the resulting case, as the ravenette simply pushed the other back a bit.

❝ In that case, don't be so irritating in front of the newcomers then, Lambda. ❞ Lapis made a quick jab at the other Witch in the room, making it clear that they weren't the only ones at the chapel.

❝ ... I take it that she's another... Witch? ❞ Kiyohime narrowed her eyes at Lambda, somewhat wary. Surely they were supposed to be relatively safe and unbothered while in the Metaworld, but there was always some form of nuisances with every place to be.

❝ Oh... Oh! I thought these two were loitering around with you or something, but I guess these are the newbies getting the tour, huh? ❞ She realized what was up, her realization being somewhat ignored by Lapis. The other trying to set up for another attempt on her magic training. ❝ In that case, I'm no other than Lambdadelta, the Witch of Certainty! Lapis here is under my wing while she learns the ropes of being the new Witch of Miracles, and not to mention we got work as Voyager Witches too! ❞

@York

Reiner was quickly snapped back to reality at the sound of a foreign voice, but Lapis' quick response told him at the very least that this new arrival was welcome here at the very least. Or well, at least not a threat.

acBb2sw.png

"I-... When did you...?" Reiner sputtered, momentarily caught offguard by Lambdadeta's sudden appearance, before he remembered the nature of this realm. The 'metaworld' as the locals called it.

After that initial moment of surprise, he managed to regain his composure once again.

It seemed the residents here had a tendency to just do things at a moment's notice, often catching him offguard, but if he were to reside here for who knows how long, he would just have to adjust to it, one step at a time.

This time, he only had to take a few moments to recover from being surprised before he spoke, his curiousity finally getting the better of him.

NDqRwJT.png

"Miracles, huh? ... Then, is that thing she does with Crystals something you two have in common?" He asked.

In general, Reiner figured Lapis had some kind of magical ability either shared with her, or passed down to her... But, the connection between those crystals, and the 'miracles' he figured Lambdadelta, and by extension, Lapis created was lost on him.

It was strange to think that crystals could be used for such a purpose, but perhaps it wasn't any stranger than the kind of things he bore witness to from an early age.

After all... Even through the Warriors possessed the power of the titans, not all of them understood, nor thought that much about how, or why the manifested.

To them, it was an honor for that legacy to be passed down to them, and they rarely had any room to question it.

Now that he was no longer bound by the duties he had at home though, he couldn't help but wonder... If the power he inherited was more of a curse, than it was a blessing.

@Gummi Bunnies

❝ Oh, you got the wrong idea. My magic is totally more in-depth than her simple crystals, I have to be the flashy and attention-grabbing Witch out of us two! By what I mean with us being both Voyager Witches, we essentially get a free pass on traveling to different dimensions, which really works out well with the bucket list Lapis has on her hands. ❞ Lambdadelta definitely sounded like she had not that much energy to care in the world. That, in return, signaled a much deserved groan from the other Witch in the chapel hall.

❝ Well... she's both right and wrong. Witches in the Metaworld have their own special magic that is signified by their title, but... crystals have been a special ability of mine before I became a Witch. So when I was still... considered human, I guess. ❞ The Witch of Miracles figured to further elaborate and correct her partner's statement so it wouldn't confuse or put doubt in the minds of the newcomers in the chapel with them.

❝ Alright. I understand. So if Reiner and I also understood Beatrice's offer to us, wouldn't that mean that we would occasionally work together since we would be tasked to go to other dimensions? ❞ Kiyohime asked out of curiosity, or more so trying to figure out if they would be eventually working together.

❝ Maybe. Depends if the all powerful Endless Witch decides that we Voyager Witches need a little backup, but then again, we got nothing much else on our hands aside from Lapis's bucket list of things to clean up. ❞ The Witch of Certainty answered in a casual manner, making herself comfortable and sitting back on one of the chairs available in the chapel hall.

@York

Reiner frowned, taking in the concept of 'flashiness' with powers like these. It was difficult for him, someone who had been raised to hold powers that elevated him above any average human as something special, something to be treasured. Although lately, he viewed such powers as something to be used reponsibly, or perhaps... Used sparingly, considering the sheer destructive capabilities they had.

Then again, those who reside here seem to view such powers as normal. Powers that dwarfed even those of a titan, or any technology he could remember, it was alot to take in to say the least.

However, Lapis, who was apparently Lambda's pupil so to speak explained things in a way that was easier to understand. It seemed that while some abilities are passed down by a 'title' a Witch had, it didn't mean that individuals could not possess innate abilities. Things that made them stand out amongst the rest.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Something 'special', huh...? I must say... I envy you a little. My power... Is not my own. It was inherited. Before that, all I had was my loyalty, my passion..." He said, a wry smile crossing his face as he reflected upon his naive decisions that brought him to this point.

Beneath that smile, there was something else present underneath his face, regret perhaps, or at least... Sadness. Although, that soon faded as he shook his head a little.

"But... Maybe it would have been better if I had nothing. I was foolish, back then. I didn't know what I was doing. I won't make that same mistake again... Now that I have a chance to right my wrongs." He added, eyeing Kiyohime briefly... Seeming to relax as he did so.

After she mentioned working together with Lapis though, his attention shifted from her to Lapis and Lambda a little as he considered the words of the Witch of Miracles.

NDqRwJT.png

"If it's a clean up job... I think that can be done. But what exactly are we getting ourselves into?" He asked, his expression turning to a more serious one all of a sudden.

Although both him and Kiyo had made the conscious choice to do some favors for the locals here in exchange for a place to stay, his mindset when approaching such tasks was still reminiscent of when he was still a Warrior.

Focused on the mission at hand, and intent on knowing what his objective was, so he could carry it out to the best of his abilities. However, this time he wasn't going to make the same foolish mistake he had those 5 years ago, he would make sure he knew exactly what his duties might entail. He couldn't let his own desperation to be recognized as a hero get in the way anymore, he had to understand the true weight of his actions.

@Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
E79j90Z.jpg

❝ Uh... not really. It's just... my own problems. Rather not drag anyone else into it. ❞ Lapis deadpanned a bit when hearing that Reiner wanted to assist with the "cleanup." The other Witch only chuckled at this development, putting her arm over Lapis's shoulder.

latest

❝ Awww... I didn't imagine my pupil to be so humble, willing to take on such a difficult task with only herself and me! ❞ Lambdadelta teased the Witch of Miracles, promptly getting a response by being flicked in the face.

❝ Are you sure? If it's difficult, that means that we can help in some way. ❞ Kiyohime tilted her head, but she saw that Lapis shook her head. No need to push the matter any further, from the looks of it. Moments later, the Witch of Certainty snapped her fingers as if she were just remembering something important.

❝ Oh! That's right, there is something we need help with! Gah, both Lapis and I are dreadfully busy with her cleanup issues, so if you can cover this one super duper important task, that would be really helpful. ❞ Lambdadelta said with a smile on her face, and well, Lapis sighed in the background.

Just what was she asking for?

Without much warning, a notebook materialized in the air, and would fall on Reiner's head in a comedic fashion.

❝ All you have to do is deliver this over to Dlanor A. Knox. That's all~ ❞

@York

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back