New User I'm New Here...

Joshua Raxter

Hello!

My name is Josh Raxter, though most people call me BigGuy. I am a published Author, sort of. I have my Fantasy Novel up on Amazon, I am working on a magazine that my community college publishes every year, and I write for TheOdysseyOnline.com.

I am almost done with a business degree so I may start my pwn publishing company. So I am here to write, have fun, and maybe even meet a few writers that I will take with me when I get my company off the ground.

Hey there, pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the Storyteller's Circle! I'm actually a writer myself, I've only written short stories here and there but I'm pretty decent at it. I've never published yet, but I think it's something I might do down the road if I write a substantial story. That's cool that you want to start your own publishing company, perhaps we can exchange stories sometime. I'm always happy to read other people's writings and critique it and all that. Anyways, good luck on your future endeavors, and I hope to see you around the site! Take care.

Hello,

I like to write too...but I've never gotten very far into any books I've worked on but hopefully someday I'll finish one.
what's the name of the book, I may have to check it out

Hello,

I like to write too...but I've never gotten very far into any books I've worked on but hopefully someday I'll finish one.
what's the name of the book, I may have to check it out

It's called
Fantasy Fantastic: From The Inner Darkness

You can find it by the title or by my name. Don't worry it took me almost 10 years to write my first one. Up until recently my shortest story was almost 500 pages. So I need to work on that...

Hey there, pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the Storyteller's Circle! I'm actually a writer myself, I've only written short stories here and there but I'm pretty decent at it. I've never published yet, but I think it's something I might do down the road if I write a substantial story. That's cool that you want to start your own publishing company, perhaps we can exchange stories sometime. I'm always happy to read other people's writings and critique it and all that. Anyways, good luck on your future endeavors, and I hope to see you around the site! Take care.

One of the reasons I'm on here is to find writers I can take with me once I get that company going....what better place to look?

Man that must take forever to load. My story took about 40-ish seconds, which is long for online, but a story over 500? Whew

That's intense. I look forward to the day when I accomplish something of that magnitude. I feel I don't have a plot line strong enough to support it though, so I have begun writing short stories to help increase my writing skills, you know?

I hear ya! I prefer to slide my happy butt off the pier into the deep end.

That and I am tackling all of history so I had plenty of plot, I just needed to fill in the holes and create a few theories and conspiracies.

Right, right that's pretty cool. What genre are you most comfortable writing?

uhhh Fantasy/Sci-fi/ can do horror some what/ I like to combine Fantasy-Historical-Sci-fi.... that makes an interesting one

But mainly Fantasy I guess

Yourself?

Fantasy all the way. I grew up playing D&D with my dad and reading his Dragonlance books, so that was my main delving point into literature. I want to learn how to write in the other styles, and I feel I could do OK with them, but I'm most comfortable with Fantasy

Sci-fi can take a lot of random knowledge of how electronics or advanced systems works....or at least what sounds techie anyway.
Historical is easy for me, I was a history major once upon a time.
Horror you really just need to....in the nicest way possible...listen to your inner scary person, or scared person. What scares the crap out of you will more than likely do the same for others.

One of my fears when I was little was Lawn Gnomes! I have since embraced them, but they used to scare the crap out of me...

It's called
Fantasy Fantastic: From The Inner Darkness

You can find it by the title or by my name. Don't worry it took me almost 10 years to write my first one. Up until recently my shortest story was almost 500 pages. So I need to work on that...
I'll have to go check that out then... my problem is I keep running into situations I don't know how to deal with.

Lawn Gnomes is an interesting fear. My current story is a sort of horror, it's about a man who is slowly going insane. It gets kinda creepy when you put down the scary stuff you can think of. Very interesting feeling to write horror.

Draco, if I can be of assistance with anything I'll be more than happy to help.

my story i'm currently working on is about a man who's dying on a battlefield in medievalish times that gets saved by a vampire and some how has to stop a war between the vampires and human from happening...one of the problems I'm having is transitioning from scene to scene

Back