New User Im new to roleplaying on websites.

I usually do anything. I've got an alien character already picked out. Something I made up. They're unusual, semi creepy, and they make fantastic bad guys, but I'd try playing this one as a good guy.

Yeah. But some character traits are determined by what the Sci Fi world looks like. For example, some Sci Fi worlds there are psionic powers (the Sci-fi equivalent of magic) but in others there aren't.

I was thinking of a standard- not too special- human.

What kind of format does it have to be in?

I can give you one if you want, but as long as you include the important stuff, I'm not sure it matters.

OK, I'll send you the basics I use for my character. You can use it or not as you see fit.

Name:
Family:
Appearance: (You can use a picture, but if you do so, try to make sure any important markings that are hidden are described)
Orientation: (If applicable)
Romantic Partner: (If applicable, not all characters are with someone)
Skills: (Stuff you learn to do, like ride a bike or shoot a gun.
Abilities: (Things that come naturally. Can your person control fire, or something. Maybe they're naturally strong or agile.)
Personality: (Are they kind, trusting, etc)
Background: (How did your character grow up? What kind of person did they want to be? Why are they the way they are. That kind of thing. You can bring up any time they moved or made a new friend. Or if they were betrayed or whatever.)

Keep in mind that this is my personal thing. It's good for a guide, but you don't need to adhere to it. It's just what I use for my characters.

I'm glad. I like to think it covers most stuff. Though I almost always find stuff it's missing and update.

Like if they have a mom and/or dad, any siblings. If you really want to get crazy, you can put half siblings, step parents, grand parents, cousins that kind of thing. However, unless the extras are important to the character's story, I'd stick to direct family. Parents and siblings.

Name: Clark Tayrn
Family: Two brothers, a sister and mother.
Skills: Hunting, stealth, and accomplished linguist.
Abilities: Disperse into gas cloud and phase through any material with space between particulate large enough to allow gas through.
Personality: Mischievous, suspicious of others, proud, and fun loving.
Background: Clark has grown up primarily in the mountains. He is considered young for his kind and he revels in the power of his race. However, Clark is starting to feel desperate. The Tannas are beginning to die off. A recent eruption from one of the volcanoes in the area caused ash clouds to disperse over the entire planet he lives on. This has in turn disrupted the entire atmosphere. Rather than an atmosphere that suppresses the gas forms it has allowed them to become more loose. With a loss of pressurization the Tannas have begun to lose their form and it is more difficult to exist as a body. Clark is desperate to find the cure. Whether they can inhabit the body of another creature, find a material or other substance to help them maintain form the Tannas will stop at nothing to find the cure.

Name: Holt Maxin

Family: Holt has a rather stable relationship with his mother who has schizophrenia, while his father disappeared when Holt was 14. He has no brother or sister, and he barely has any cousins.

Appearance: Holt stands 6.3 feet tall (1.93 meters) and weighs 200 pounds (100 kg). He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He is white. Holt wears a pair of work boots, black jeans, dark grey sweater, and a hooded brown leather suede jacket. He also wears a turtle neck type scarf which isn't connected to his sweater.

Orientation: Straight

Romantic partner: None

Skills: Excellent driving skills
Expertise on all handguns
Lying
Acting
Knife fighting
Hiding

Abilities: Agile
Excellent hearing
Excellent sense of smell

Personality: Holt is a person who thinks that trust must be earned, and that not everyone is equal. But he doesn't use it as an excuse to mock or belittle others.

Background:
Holt was born in Germany, and lived with his mother and father in Berlin. One day he was out hunting with his father, after a long day they decided to make a camp. Once they set up their tents and started a fire, they talked about their family's tradition to go hunting with revolvers. When they were done discussing different subjects, they went to sleep. Once Holt woke up, he noticed that his fathers and the tent he was sleeping in were gone. He was never found. This motivated Holt throughout the years to find his fathers whereabouts - if he was still alive, that is. Once he turned 18, he decided that joining the German army. It seemed like the logical decision since his bloodline had a fondness for guns. The 6 years that he spent training in the outskirts of Berlin didn't exactly pay off. While he did learn military tactics and terminology - amongst other things - he felt like he could have used the skills he had learned to find his father. But the more Holt thought of this, the more he realized that his father seemed almost like a stranger to him. He knew very little of the man. This motivated him even more and forced him to leave the military in pursuit of the one man he knew least. 2 years were spent searching for his father and even more spent learning who he really was. The things that he had discovered were the very things that would turn his life around entirely. Holt discovered that his father was a somewhat known Contract killer. He soon learned that the only way to find out the fate of his father, was to complete various contracts given to him by his father's old bosses. He completed many contracts in exchange for information an money. While the things that he had learned were helpful, he still had a long road ahead of him. In his selfish hunt for the information, heads, and wealth; he slowly filled the enormous jigsaw puzzle that was his father's fate.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. I think often times that more of the character comes out in the role play and interaction with other characters.

Back