New User Im new to roleplaying on websites.

I was thinking the RP would be like a less advanced Mass-effect universe.
What did you guys have in mind?

Um...depends. A GM helps, but whoever controls the rp controls what happens, so if they have a specific story in mind that you didn't that could be a pain. A less advanced Mass Effect...hm...I don't know. I'm not sure I care. I can get most of my characters into it wherever it takes place or create a new character. But I need to know the kind of world if I'm creating a new character. That way I don't break world rules.

Well, I don't typically worry about the GM stuff. Most of the people I role play with are a little more advanced and we end up sharing power. If they do something unexpected it just makes the writing more interesting for me to figure out. As for setting world rules, I feel like there shouldn't be any. Science allows for any rule to be broken as long as there is one to replace it. Try to stay in reason and believeability, but otherwise anything goes. Personally, I favor having a system/universe that can grow depending on exploration. Sometimes I section it off into quadrants. Such as several inhabitable planets in a quadrant, but someone could come from another quadrant and invade the current one that you're operating in.

Sooo The_Duijke invited me to this in the general chat soo areya all ok with me joining? No feelings hurt if you prefer to rp with the three of you

cool so do we start from our world but then in the future. I read something about some OCs growing up in Germany. I might already have a good OC. I would like to RP with again. I would remake the character sheet or you know adjust it a bit.

yeah thank you, i am not sure I can come up with like 3-5 paragraphs for each post though but I am trying writing more maybe I will be able to keep up if the rest is also writing more.

yeah I am aswell although through the week I can get pretty bussy I can't promise that I write everyday. I am now editing my cs I will put it up in a while.

so her comes Anne (I can adjust the backstory a bit if this is nesecary for the setting in the rp)
Name:Annemarie (Ah-ne Mah-rie) Jansen (only her mother really calls her Annemarie)
Age: 20 (maybe a bit older if this doesn’t work in the rp)
Family:
Father (Albert Willem Jansen):
Anne’s father is a harsh man who doesn’t really talk about emotions. He is that old fashion farmer type that still wears wooden shoes.
Mother(Ellen Jansen / De Jong)
Anne’s mother is an very friendly and caring.
Siblings
She has two brothers Willem who is two years older than her and Tom who is three years younger.
Appearance:
1_EdWJP9xygqS-2eD8NtTRsEILkSFOM8eXvirH-Ff7Rz5oJUIe38blWQ_ZEdoFJpZ5jEUCnr-WkUCvMkkWtPh8VCK7mDYk1iBmeq2GKIubbmt2II13IS-5Z09T5wY5_BgmRQCqnH

(yeah this is Ellie of last of us. Anne does looks a bit older than her and her eyes are a slightly different color(light blue) and she doesn’t have the scar on the eyebrow.
description appearance Anne usually wears her shoulder long hair in a sloppy ponytail to have it out of her face but, her thick hair usually escapes from the ponytail so she often has hair in her face. (like the picture.) Most of the time she wears old jeans and sweaters if she is at home but on the farm she wears an overall. She doesn’t really put much attention on how she looks like. She is about 1.70m//5’6 and has a slender body build a bit like Ellie. She has a pair of regular shoes(sturdy one) but on the farm she usually wears rainboots.
Orientation: Bi

Skills:
Languages:
Dutch(native language), Englisch(good) German (a little bit)
She is very talented with technology.
Abilities:
She has a great perseverance.
Personality:
Anne is a bit of an tomboy and used to be really good friends with her oldest brother. She is very stubborn and wouldn’t easily show it if she is scared or hurt. Anne does show interest into the technology. She prefers to be alone and read up on the technology especially space traveling she found on the internet and has some small projects herself as well.

Background:
She grew up on a farm with her parents and two brothers. Her oldest brother and her father got involved in a car crash a couple years ago. Her brother died in this crash. Her father did survive but, damaged his hip. Her father blames himself for the accident and refuses to really talk about it at all. Anne moved to Amsterdam shortly after to study technology at the university.

Back