I'm trying

TheyNamedMeSock

Babe, that's a lot of emo.
Hello, I'm Sock!
So I started role playing years ago but stopped for a very long time.
I recently started again, but I've pretty much forgotten how.
I mean, I know how I guess, but I forgot how to be good at it, haha.

So I'll try.
I'm semi-literate, not one liner bad, but can't always write an actual descriptive paragraph bad.
But I really like supernatural, fantasy and romance.

Hey, Sock! Welcome to the circle, teller!

I'm RJ, and I totally feel you on stopping the RP for a while and trying to get back into it, hahaha. We've got a great staff here and a lot of fun RP, so I'm glad you found us.

Hi Sock, welcome to the site.
Hopefully I don't misplace like I do most socks.

I took about a two year break from RP's when I was 18, so I've been in that boat too. Getting back into it again is always a bit... odd.

Hello, thanks for welcoming me! :0
Hopefully I'll figure out how to use this site soon...

Thankfully I've got a pre-written "Tutorial" of sorts that should have you covered. :p

To find certain character bios you'd have to go the Character Depository within Out-of-Character > Character Depository.

And as for the Posting Process?

If you mean setting up for one, you first find an Interest Check which is where people are looking for people to join their RPs. You can find those in the Bulletin Board within:
Out-of-Character > Bulletin Board

Then when that's done usually the GM (Game Master) of the RP will set up an OOC (Out of character) forum and link to it. Which is where players discuss the RP and plan about it. You can find those within:
Out-of-Character > Out-of-Character Discussion

And then once everything is properly planned? Your GM will set up an In Character thread where the actual RP takes place, and likewise will usually link to it. Which you can find within:
Play-by-post > Select your Genre

If however you mean the workings of an RP itself? Basically it's you and another player writing a book, except instead of just going on and on by yourself you each control different characters, and you take turns respond to one another. So in an RP with just two players you'd make a post, they would make a post replying, and then you'd reply to them etc. If it's a Group RP it differs by group, but usually you either just wait for one other person to post OR wait for every player in the RP to post before replying.

Does that help?

Hey there. Gwazi seems to have everything under control here with helping you get situated :) I'm going to go ahead and approve your account so you can fully access the roleplay areas of the site.

Welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

Back