1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

In the Wake of Giants [1x1]

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Jannistory19, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Jannistory19

Jannistory19 The Eager Rper

Janine looked to Raban as they walked and wordlessly shrugged her shoulders.
    "Yeah, I suppose," she replied back.

She was so in thought that she didn't even notice that the sun had gone down. She gasped softly as the darkness of night began to cloak all of Amastad; had they really been out all day like that? It didn't even feel like it was that long. How nice to have been out all day and to not keep track of time. She hoped that her mother wasn't worrying about her.

She smiled a little when Raban offered to take her home. With a short nod, the young knight continued on her way home, with Raban next to her the whole way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The next day, it began as a normal day. Back out into the field, Janine had to go out on patrol with Raban. She mostly registered what she had to do, but with what happened the day before, she was on edge all night. The edginess bled into the morning, and the entire time she was constantly scanning the crowds for anything suspicious as she traveled to the Order's grounds.

Even though she was concerned for her and her mother's safety, she had to keep careful of the possibility of paranoia setting in -- with danger like this, there was always a thin line between practicing caution and being outright fearful and distrusting everything around her. If left unchecked, a paranoid Knight can be just as dangerous as any other threat.

And that wasn't counting the fact that said knight was part demon.

Janine turned her head when she faintly registered Raban's voice talking to her. She blinked absentmindedly before shaking her head, snorting as she spoke up.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking," Janine said as she felt her horse move under her. She growled softly and scowled.

"Excpet maybe for this damn new horse that I was given. How do you guys travel with this much bulk between your legs?" Janine said with a huff. She then turned to Chestnut and gave a sheepish chuckle.

"Of course, not to say that you're super big, Chestnut. You're a nice weight," Janine said with a silly grin. With Venus out of the picture for a while, Janine had to use another horse to ride while waiting for her horse to recoup at home. She struggled with the stallion as the equine bobbed his head up and down constantly, snorting at Janine with what she assumed to be irritation. Janine snorted back.

"Damn horse. This one doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Maybe if we start moving around he'll listen," Janine said with a sigh.

2. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Zul'Zae'ju'Jin the Hugger Troll

Raban nodded although he was not entirely convinced. He turned and lifted himself into the saddle, adjusting as Chestnut adjusted her stance to compensate for the weight pulling at her back. She turned her head and appeared to try and bite at him but she was well far from being to achieve such a bite. Raban settled and placed his feet into the stirrups before both horse and rider looked back to Janine and her horse. A horse that was not Venus.

Raban smiled at the talk of bulk and glanced as Chestnut snorted, throwing her head with indignation. "Easy Chestnut," he murmured and the Shire Demon snorted, stamping her hoof before drawing up alongside Janine's stallion. The horse peered towards Janine as she received an apology and snorted loudly through her large nostrils.

"Well, he's a warhorse and a workhorse, he needs the exercise no doubt," Raban nodded and gestured for the way out of the complex, "Come on, let's go stretch their legs." He smiled and with no visible direction, Chestnut walked out of the complex uncaring whether the other stallion kept pace with her.

He didn't know if they'd spot anything of worth either for themselves or to the Order. He supposed they would just have to wait and see what the day brought. In either case, the patrol would give them both a sense of normality. He hoped it would be just another dull day of nothing. He felt they could use the respite but he knew outside forces rarely gave anyone that luxury.

3. Jannistory19

Janine sighed as she followed Raban out of the complex. The stallion continued to snort and huff on occasion -- which wasn't too much, but still annoyed Janine a little. She may have gotten used to Venus' stubbornness, but something about dealing with another horse's stubbornness was something else. However, she'd deal with it if it meant getting away from the city.

The young Knight watched the outskirts of the city as she led her horse outside the gates, keeping the stallion at a fast trot. Part of patrol was to see if there were threats outside the walls of the city as well as inside them.
    On occasion, Janine would glance towards the distant scorched circle that still left its mark on the grass that day. She sniffed the air and barely picked up the scent of burnt grass...... And the blood of that dragon.

Only those with the stronger sense of smell would be able to pick it up, so she didn't expect any normal human to be able to smell it. But still. The scent lingered much too long for her comfort. Not to mention, that it reminded her of that crazy day.
    She snorted softly as they passed the area, and began to travel towards the designated farmlands for Amastad. While some farmers were able to choose where they wanted to farm, there were spaces that others had to use since there was limited space for such a job. Only so much land was to be used for farming before it became unmanageable.

She glanced towards a large red barn and stopped her horse as she stared at the building for a moment. Something about it spoke to her -- perhaps the size? It was definitely big enough to house multiple animals.... Could she go in there during the nighttime hours, whenever she needed to hide somewhere? She had to find out on her own time.

4. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Chestnut snorted and tossed her head before attempting to snap at the other horse a little before she matched the pace without any need for instruction. Raban had nudged her but it was purely for appearance's sake as he sat warm in the saddle. He was happy to get out of the city. It was busy and stressful with full of potential threats and situations. He was good with getting some space in between him and the city again. Just as long as it didn't involve the forest for a while yet. He was sure those trees had seen much they would rather forget.

The scents were heavy in the air. Some new, some old, all telling him a variety of information that for the most part was largely inconsequential. He ignored most of it dismissing it as everyday wastage. Only some he found interesting and committed to memory so that if he scented the same smell again, he would recall the information.

They headed towards farmland and for him, it made him uneasy or in the least, guarded. His family had come from a line of farmers. He had been the first of his line to have risen from the lower classes to reach Knighthood.

"You've got nothing to be unrestful about, Little Wolf"
    "I know... but still,"
    "Silly Wolf"

Chestnut's comment made him smile to himself before he caught Janine gazing at a barn. It was of a decent size and something large could hide easily within. He realised she had stopped and Chestnut had drawn on too far ahead. He made a mental note and she snorted before turning her bulk round and rejoined the Stallion's side.

"Penny for your thoughts?" he asked.

5. Jannistory19

Janine was lost in thought for a good moment longer before she registered Raban's thoughts again. She shook her head and glanced at Raban.

"Huh?" Janine asked with a tilted head. She was quick to clear her throat and shake her head again.

"Oh, sorry.... Nothing really, just thinking about how big it was..... reminds me of the barns that I saw when I was younger," Janine explained with a scratch to her head.
    While it was true for the most part, Janine didn't want Raban to know all that she was thinking. At least not yet. She wanted to keep that and all her behavioral ticks hidden from the world as long as possible. To her, demonic activity was more feared by humans than Werewolf activity. They were more powerful and more unpredictable to deal with.

"Let's keep going. I would like to have some actual fresh air on this patrol," Janine said with a sigh. She took one more glance at the barn before she slapped the reins, making her horse move with a short snort. The stallion kept a wary eye on Chestnut as he rode on, making sure he didn't bump into her as they traveled.

6. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

"Ah-ha! Deer in headlights!"
    "Yes... but a deer with teeth and claws, don't forget,"
    "A good thing too. Deer are fun to chase but very skinny on the bone,"

Raban smiled slightly at Chestnut's humour. It was not unknown for her to enjoy his hunts when in form. There was a part of the wolf that required the need for a chase to be answered and deer were often a way he could do so without harming human life.

"Seems we have something else in common then... Saw a fair few myself when I was but a nipper," he replied, easing back in the saddle, his hand lightly holding the reins. He glanced from her back to the barn with guarded thought before he shrugged.

He smiled, "Would be nice... free air t'boot," he agreed wholeheartedly willing to be away from the city air which hung thick with tension. The pace quickened and Chestnut fell easily into a matching stride with the Stallion even going as far as to show off. Raban glanced down as she began prancing slightly.

"Don't get ahead of yourself,"
    "Spoilsport,"

Chestnut did tone it down for him and yet still made her stride confident, her hooves well placed. The air was quiet, there wasn't much around that oughtn't have been there and he hoped it would just be a boring day of nothing. They could both use a boring day of nothing. Her attacked still concerned him and he peered behind them just to be sure they weren't being followed. Nothing seemed to be doing so and he turned back round a again.

7. Jannistory19

Janine nodded her head as Raban and Chestnut sprung forward. She followed along and gazed out at their surroundings as they traveled. With Amastad being such a large city, they had a bit of ground to cover.

She turned to Raban with a small head tilt. "When I was younger, I often played near the forest edge. I wasn't like the other kids. Doing all that silly girl stuff just didn't appeal to me. I also went to some of the big barns to hide in when I wanted to be alone." Janine said with a sigh.

She recalled hiding behind large bales of hay whenever she was teased; she even had the occasional barnyard animal neighbor to talk to. The solitude that was allowed to her sometimes calmed her down; but not all the time.

"My mom scolded me for trespassing on another person's property, but I kept doing it on occasion. Sometimes I needed a place to be alone, you know?" Janine asked as she glanced up and down the city walls for any anomalies.

8. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Patrols were not always a busy affair. Quite often nothing occurred and it turned into a necessary but mundane task for the Knights of Amastad. He knew it would be a little while yet before they met with the same gate through which they left. It would provide Chestnut's trapped form with sufficient exercise easily enough and perhaps calm Janine's excitable stallion a little.

He smiled and nodded, "As soon as I could walk, I was helping to work my parent's farm. I was more interested in playing than working, and often ran from task to one of the barns we used for hay and livestock. I was very much a typical boy... more interested at swordplay than tending to cattle. Heh, used to ride old Bertha and pretend she was a horse rather than the cow she was. I think she took it rather well, smart but docile thing she was. Only thing I do miss from that place," he replied, he was uneasy talking about his past but they both shared a dark secret and he knew he could trust her with his life.

Raban glanced at her and nodded, "We all need our thinking space." He peered around his surroundings keeping alert for danger. he sniffed the air at intervals, reading the scents that came through.

9. Jannistory19

Janine nodded slowly as she looked to Raban. It was kind of nice to know that he was from humbling surroundings as well. That made him more relatable, which Janine hoped would be comforting in the long run.

"Yes. I know what you mean. We all need some sort of space to be alone," Janine said with a small shrug of her shoulders.

The rest of the scouting was event-free -- besides a flock of birds that startled Janine, and a stray dog that wanted to bounce around Chestnut and Janine's horse, it was rather calm. Raban and Janine would return to their superior and relay the good news. The rest of the day would consist of the more simpler and miscellaneous chores. Occasionally, a youthful Knight would annoy Janine with their senseless banter, but it would keep her mind off of the personal problems she had.

At least.... For the while.

After the first day, Janine began to sense danger at random times of the day. Like.... She was being watched. She shivered occasionally whenever she felt that way, so it often looked as if she was cold on a warm day. Janine kept an intense watch on her surroundings, making sure she wasn't caught doing something that wasn't the norm for a human. The other Knights asked if she was alright with ehat she suspected to be out of courtesy, but she only responded with "I'm fine". She would only hope it was the cases for the next day.

Unfortunately, it would get worse for her.

The next day was the beginning of worse times. She began to get hungry at a more quicker pace than usual. She figured it was her body needing more food since she was being more active, but when the time came to eat and she still didn't feel satisfied, no matter how much of her more favorited food she ate, the true answer was clear.
    Janine grimaced at the realization of her body's needs. It was less of a human one and more of her demonic one. Something akin to a hunger pain. And they weren't going to go away unless she relented and ate what her body craved.

Mice. Or rats. Anything that was something a snake would eat. Thanks to her other half, Janine occasionally went through this period where she would have to eat what her more beastial side ate, to satiate some of the needs that it had. This was one of the few things that she hated about herself and her demon side. Since it was more of a need and less of a desire or preference, the urge to hunt was going to gradually get stronger and stronger until one of two things happened: Janine hunted to calm her urges, or she'd end up giving in to her urges and going off on instinct.

As much as she didn't want to risk anyone she was around, the risk of just being seen was too great. So Janine opted to try and hunt whatever mice might happen upon Venus' stall, and prayed that it would be enough.

But after two more days, it proved to not be so.

For some reason, there were rarely any mice or rodents of any sort to pass through the stall. Pickings were scarce, and it was far from enough to satiate Janine. At one point, she tried to go out of the house to go hunt like she needed to, but the sensations of danger being nearby were too intense. Hisses and rattles echoed in her head, and even a scent wafted into the air. Panic set in, and Janine was quick to keep herself in the house until morning came. The danger was too great.

The hunger pains grew more frequent, and Janine's mood and behaviour began to take a negative turn. She got snappier and more aggressive, wanting to be alone and secluded. This didn't bode well with the other Knights, and they started to grow wary around Janine, even if the task involved being with a partner, lest they evoke her newfound wrath. Even the stallion she rode was growing more and more nervous around her, nickering nervously and eyeing her every once in a while. She even grew snappy at Raban, talking to him as if she would hurt him at any given moment.

Eventaully, Janine's behavior bled into her home, and her mother grew wary and worried about her. Whenever she asked about any problems, Janine would just growl at her and ask for her to leave, and would stare out of the window, as if she was on guard for something. Was she expecting someone?

She seemed to be afraid to go anywhere; Janine's mother was able to sense that much. But the reasons were unclear and troubling. She needed an answer, but who would know?

Then she got an idea. Perhaps that Knight that she met in the forest that one fateful night would help. Surely he could tell her right? They are in the same Knight brigade.

With a nod of determination, Janine's mother dressed herself for the evening walk she was about to embark, and set on her way to find him. Them a problem presented itself; how was she going to find him?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  10. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Raban could not and would not disagree with her words. There were often times he had to get away from people, especially when full moons drew near for fear it would hold its sway. Those times were rare and infrequent but the lupine Knight rarely liked to risk innocent lives. The forest presented the perfect opportunity for those times of need.

The rest of the day was collectively one both Raban and Chestnut found dull. Raban had been feeling the threat of a dagger poised to strike from the shadows. Ever since the attack on Janine, which he did not believe for a moment was all that random at all. The day itself was dull and as normal as it was for any normal human being who was oblivious to the supernatural state of the world in which they lived. A dog, birds... Small points of interest to three hunters that enjoyed a good chase.

The days since that initial patrol only increased his concerns. Even Chestnut was broodier than usual and she did not refrain from letting him know all about her complaints. That and the ever present problem of how to solve her issue of being trapped in mortal form. It was something he thought about every day, trying to honour his word and promise to the demon he rode. Raban had long accepted Chestnut for what and who she was and over time he had learned to not fear her moods or her heat. It was a strange bond between fire demon and wolf that no one could guess at.

He got on with his duties, all of them mostly mundane and nothing that strained him. Raban had to be careful though. He had to play at being a regular human with limitations to his senses and natural strength. In truth, he could do the work of three men in one day at a task. In the least, he had not just his playacting to worry himself over. There was also Chestnut and there was also Janine.

The woman was changing in an almost feral manner. Her expressions were hard and unmoving, ready to lunge rather than observe or to show lenience. It was quite unlike the Janine he had gotten to know and respect. There was also the problem of recent events playing on his mind and of late he was getting a lot more curious looks than was usual for him to receive. The other Knights were cordial enough but there was an edge to them that had not been there before. Raban erred on the reason of Janine being behind their animosity. I t was no secret that he and Janine had become good friends or that they both shared concern to the other. The looks he gained from the times he bumped into the Matron was just open proof of it.

"That Matron is up to something, Little Wolf. I just know it. Those beady little eyes, like a rat after cheese."
    "She's just concerned, is all, Chestnut."
    "I wouldn't be so sure. One thing is for certain though... She has her eye on you. I caught her watching you at work the other day. Wouldn't remove her gaze, a frown, as if trying to work out how to get to the cheese."
    "She's no rat, Chestnut"
    "Might as well be,"

Raban mulled over his thoughts and thought over Janine once again. It was a point of being what he was to know or reason behind what could be the cause but he did not know her demon side well enough to know what her individual needs were. He supposed he could guess since their darker sides were both predatory that it might have something to do with that but he wasn't going to be making bets on such. He could be wrong after all.

He had a few hours to himself and decided to give Janine her space rather than seek her out like he wanted to. He wanted to investigate the attack on her some more but both the demon he was telepathically connected to and himself knew that would press on buttons he might have cause to regret doing. He headed for the gardens and soon found himself a bench upon which to sit himself on. He leaned back into the seat and watched the sway of peony flowers. It was relaxing and helped his mood and thoughts and it cost him nothing but his free time to do so.

He barely noticed as the afternoon moved into the evening hours. His thoughts swayed much like the flowers and it was a long time before his heightened sense of hearing picked up upon the light steps of feet. A woman then and one not encumbered by armour. He didn't move, he saw little need to and stayed to enjoy the scents of the mint and lavender floating in the air.

11. Jannistory19

Janine's mother knew her way around town - she'd walk down the streets plenty of times to know where to go. But when she was looking for someone in which she'd never known where they lived.... Well, that was where things were confusing. Up until now, she never had any reason to find the man, and now, she was out and about in the night, hoping to find some sort of sign.

To her surprise, she got more than a sign. Somehow, as she walked down a random street, the woman saw the knight she was looking for. He was sitting down in the small garden that made up the town square, and he looked like he was deep in thought. She quickly approached the man with a mixture of hesitation and urgency, her mind taking his possible exhaustion into consideration out of courtesy.

"Um... Excuse me. I don't know if you remember me, but we've met a while ago. I'm Janine's mother, but you can call me Tina," Tina said as she extended her hand.

"I'm sorry for interrupting whatever thoughts you might've had, but I'm..." the woman paused herself, trying to find the words to describe her predicament.

"Worried. F-for Janine. You see, Janine has been acting... Strange lately. I don't know if she's said anything to you these past few days, but I have no idea what the problem is. Well, I know what half of the problem is, but she won't do anything about it."

The woman sat down on the bench across from Raban, and crossed her legs and hands over one another as she looked down at her lap. After a short moment, the woman looked up to Raban again.

"She won't go outside, unless it's absolutely necessary, and that's only been when she's out as a Knight. I've tried to help, but I can only do so much. She can do what she needs to do much better, but again that requires her being outside.... I'm at a loss as to why she's behaving this way," the woman said with a worried sigh.

12. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Raban broke his stare from the lavender heads and turned his own towards a woman with a recognisable scent. It was all part and parcel of what he was. Once he knew someone's scent, he never truly forgot it. It could take him a time to remember it but it was always there. He smiled with recognition, standing as she approached. He nodded and accepted her hand, "I remember you. Raban," he nodded despite knowing she already knew his calling. He studied her face and realised something was very wrong. He could smell her anxiety and fear almost as if it were a fresh loaf of bread from the baker's oven.

"No you're not interrupting. Your need clearly outweighs my own."

He didn't entirely know what she would have need of him for but he suspected. He waited, listened patiently and there it was. The sum of both their concerns. Her as a mother and him as friend... at least he liked to think they had become friends. He sighed softly, sitting back down upon the bench and nodded, "She's been snappier, more... aggressive than usual. Chew my head off a few times... I may have overstepped, I don't know..."

The wolf looked at her and frowned as he ran what she was saying through his own mind. A refusal to go outside spoke of fear. One what level he did not fully entirely understand but he knew Janine had been fearful of an attack happening again. However, he could understand a fear of losing one's self in the midst of innocents. Even if it wasn't her fault, the Order and the people were not like to see it that way. It was a fear he shared.

"She'd be right to... one toss of whatever it was in her face and chow time!"

Raban ignored Chestnut even if her words rang true if indelicately put and rubbed his face with thought before looking at Janine's mother with purpose, eyes searching.

"Tina... Has she told you about the attack on her? The one that made her lose her self control?"

13. Jannistory19

Tina looked up to Raban with a shocked expression on her face. An attack? When?

"What?" the mother said as she blinked her eyes. Apparently she was not informed of such an incident. "I was never told about this. Why did the Order never say anything? I have a right to know about these things as her family!" Tina said with increasing frustration. How dare the higher knights not say anything to her about Janine's health? She had just as much of a right to know what happened to her child as any other parent, whether they were a knight or otherwise. The woman got up on her feet with a huff. But then she thought about the words Raban said. Losing self-control? Janine? Did that mean.....? She sat back down and leaned in towards Raban.

"Wait... You said self-control? As in her.... Other half?" Tina whispered the last part.

Worry was now painted on her face, instead of anger. If it was her demonic half being exposed, then the Order wouldn't have any part of this. Perhaps....

"Raban. Does this have anything to do with those burns on Janine's body?"

14. Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

Raban winced and inwardly felt Janine may have preferred him not to have told her about the incident but he knew it was important in more ways than one and that it was something that could not be confined to just him or Janine knowing about it. Her mother knew what they both were and how far their forms could prove to be dangerous. She had seen him at his worst and he had little doubt she had seen her daughter at hers at some stage before. It was a dangerous raod being what they were in such a populated city. If anyone deserved to know of a potential threat it was Janine's mother.

He knew her mother would realise the significance behind such an attack regardless of whether it was a trial run or worse. He glanced up as she stood for the moment letting it sink in for her rather than rise to quick calms from his part. Thankfully, patience won out and she sat back down easing his own anxieties.

"I must pass on my apology... the Order doesn't know and cannot be allowed to know of it. Too many questions would be asked... and they're jumpy enough without this adding to fear and superstition," he began, pausing to rub his face a little as she leaned towards him.

He nodded uneasily to her question, "I had hoped she would have told you herself. Perhaps she does not wish to worry you... but I do not see how that helps her. She's lucky to have you in her life who understands her and loves her regardless. The attack was sudden, I did not see all of it and thankfully no one else saw her but somebody knows what she is now. Or at least suspects. Whatever was used one her... it forced her to lose that from what she told me." He spoke low tones, she would be able to understand every word and he sniffed the air but for the moment it seemed to be just them and the flowers. He spoke again softly nodding a little.

"Whoever was behind this... they must know alchemy. They threw something at her and it forced her hand. I strongly think it does... but I don't know what concoction would work to force another half to show," it was painful talking in such riddled terms but they had to be vague in case people were eavesdropping. Just cause he couldn't smell them, it didn't mean they weren't there.

"I'm worried that whoever did it will try again. Perhaps Janine fears this too and fears it more than she is willing to admit. "

15. Jannistory19

Tina sighed as she rubbed her hands together. She wished that Janine had told her about her incident. But at the same time, she had an idea why Janine never said anything to her.

"Raban. A part of me wants to be disappointed that Janine didn't say anything, but I think I know why. When she was much younger, I often rushed to her defense whenever anybody wanted to confront and accuse her of anything. I was rather aggressive in defending her in my own right. But surely she would know that things have changed. I have enough common sense to know not to make a scene. She is very concerned about unwanted attention; I imagine that you can very well understand how those concerns feel," Tina said with a small tilt of her head.

The woman sighed as she listened to Raban, turning her head to the miniscule amount of people walking down the darkened streets. Concern was a constant emotion as the mother tried to understand what he was saying, and what each word meant. Janine being attacked by someone who had some sort of liquidated weapon against her.... That must mean that they have her weakness... But was it a weakness as a demon, or a specific weakness tailored to what kind of demon she was? The mother didn't know a lot, but thanks to her husband, she was taught a few things. Unfortunately, she never really learned about all of Janine's weaknesses as a demon; before she actually got to discuss about it in detail, her husband mysteriously disappeared. The only ones she knew were holy items and the cold temperatures. Anything else was a mystery to her.

"With the way she is, I'd say she's very fearful. She wouldn't normally let her fears keep her from doing anything, but if she's refusing to even go outside, then this is a serious situation. With the way this is turning out, if something isn't done, I'm afraid she's going to get worse," the woman said with a noticeable hint of nervousness in her voice. She looked over to Raban with a shake of her head.

"It's not your fault, that Janine's snapped at you. As edgy as she's becoming, even I'll become a target to her blind rage sooner or later. I must admit, this problem has never gotten this serious before.... I daresay that.... I...." the woman paused her statement before she gave a small smile.

"... Oh nevermind it... I'll manage, like I always do." Tina looked up at the sky and muttered softly to herself before turning to Raban once more. "It's getting late. The way she is now, Janine might dare come outside to look for me, which wouldn't be good for anybody that's roaming around."

The mother quickly stood up and gave a weak smile to Raban. "Thank you so much for your time. I haven't spoken to anybody for things like this in years. It feels good if I'm honest. I best get home," the mother said, trying her best to hide the concern for her own well-being and child. She walked around the small garden and began her way home, praying that she would be okay when she got home. A tiny part of her wished that Raban would walk with her, but she couldn't dare impose on the man, who was most likely rapped up in his own concerns. No, she'd have to take it like the woman she was; she knew what she was getting into when she gave made the decision to be with her father.