BlabbingGirl

Blabber of Nonsense

proxy.php

PRENUPTIAL

It was a couple of hours before midday on a rainy September morning. The British sky, just as usual, was cloudy and gray while droplets of water already started to pour over the windows of the ancient state; the large Tudorish casements had a view of the pristine garden. Inside the manor house a young man could be seen sitting down, by himself, on a red velvet sofa that was neatly settled in front of the stone fireplace of the sitting room. The light of the flames lit the delicate golden trims that decorated the furniture and shone on the silver buttons of the neat coat the gentleman was wearing, his red eyes were settled on the lively fire while his well polished black shoes stamped on the floor nervously. From the other room, Gilbert could hear his own father talking to his future bride's father.

"...I trust that Parliament has agreed to this arrangement?" Gilbert's father, Gerhard Beilschmidt asked in his usual thunderbolt like voice. The answer the albino couldn't hear since Sir Charles' voice was more suave but he didn't have to hear it to know: all the arrangements were complete, otherwise he wouldn't have been brought here to meet his future wife.

The truth was that Gilbert wasn't the most suitable option for such an arrangement. However since his father was happily married, his younger brother had already been married for three years now and that the Beilschmidt's had no daughters, Gilbert was their best – or rather their only – option. He had never thought he would find himself in such a predicament, because of his unique condition, it was always Ludwig who took care of all family businesses despite being three years younger than the albino. His quite eye catching complexion made him be the more indoor type through his twenty four years of life. Yet, his sheltered life did not hinder his healthy upbringing nor impede his proper instruction.

proxy.php

Last edited:
925a12b16b937f9b8f061b2ffb2aae95--reign-fashion-the-siege.jpg

"Now remember your manners." Alexandria's mother, Eliza, said as she ran a comb through her daughter's long chocolate hair. "You must make a good impression." Eliza put the comb down and started to work Alexandra's hair into a loose braid. "This will be good for you, my love. You will enjoy it far more than you thing. Marriage is a magical thing." At that point, Alexandra tuned out her mother's words as she kept her eyes on her reflection in the mirror. This isn't what she wanted but she knew that it would please her parents. They wanted to grow their business and the way to do that was by merging with another one.

And that's where she came in. She was the thing that was going to help her parents win over this business deal. "Come on, my love. It's time to meet your fiance." Her emerald eyes looked up towards her mother with a soft frown and she was still unhappy with the situation. "Get that look off your face. Get up before we make a bad impression!" 'As if that is not possible already.' Alexandria didn't argue with her mother and stood up, following her out of the room that she had been getting ready in. "Yes, mother."

"Of course." Charles nodded as he sat in the red velvet chair, a cigar balanced between two fingers as he looked up towards Gerhard. "While they changed some of the terms, the agreement is still the same." He brought the cigar up to his lips and took a small hit off of it. "Alexandria is to be married to your son and the deal will be finalized. However, if my son, Damien, gets married first, the deal is done for." Damien was his first born so technically, his company belonged to him until his daughter is married. "I do not worry about such an event occurring though. Damien is too busy with the war and is more concerned with that than marriage and children."

proxy.php

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Gerhard nodded, "I understand that but seeing that our children will be married by tomorrow afternoon I don't suppose that will be a complication for now." He stood up from the red velvet chair and leaned against the mantle of the fireplace, staring to the flame. "I'm glad that we came into agreement on how the wedding ceremony is to be conducted, after all you wished an affordable wedding and I do not wanted my son to be subjected to a media circus so the private wedding kills both birds with one stone." he moved his eyes back at Charles and asked "I heard your son fought on the Baptist War, isn't it over now?" but before Charles had time to reply to the blond male's question, a maid walked in. The lady was middle aged, which showed she had been working for the family for quite a while, her outfit was the traditional black gown with white ruffles on the long sleeves and an white apron tied on her waist. "Pardon me sirs-" her horse voice was low and gentle "-but her ladyship and the bride are ready."

"Son, come forth." Gilbert heard his father call him and promptly stood up, the albino felt more self-conscious than ever, he promptly straightened up his suit that fitted well on his long and slim figure, the arms and shoulders gave away that Gilbert wasn't scrawny but rather muscly. He took in a deep breath and moved his hands to adjust the silk scarf that had a musky green color and only covered half of his long and thick neck. His face was long and his jaw was boney and squarish, giving him a manly look, he ran one hand through his jaw to check if he had properly took care of shaving and finally moved his hands to make sure his always messy and fluffy white hair was presentable enough. The long fingers of his left hand took hold of the cane that was only used for adornment purposes. The round silver metal fitting nicely on his palm as he held it tightly, as if to calm down his nerves. Gilbert then walked into the room Gerhard and Charles were in, he took a deep breath and straightened his shoulders and back as he walked with well trained confidence to meet the two male. The albino gently bowed his head to Charles and said in a well mannered and calm voice that only had one inch of the accent his father's had "Sir, it's a pleasure to finally meet such a renowned man and I'm eager to acquaintance your daughter."

proxy.php

Last edited:
"My daughter refuses to have a big wedding so it was easy to comply with her request." Charles seemed thoughtful as he sat there, listening to the other man. "He did fight, yes." Nodding, he let out a small sigh as he put the cigar up to his lips once more before putting it out in the ashtray near him. He pulled out a holder from his pocket and put the cigar in it before putting it back in his pocket. Before he could finish his answer, a maid came in, explaining that his wife and daughter were ready. His daughter was his pride and joy and he beamed brightly as she entered the room. "My darling." He gripped her upper arms lightly while he greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. Letting go of her, he held his arm out to his wife and gripped her hand when she linked her arm with his.

Charles looked towards Gilbert, giving him a nod. "I've heard many good things about you, son." His eyes drifted towards his daughter as she stood there silently. "I'm sure you two will get along splendidly." There was no doubt in his mind that Alexandria wouldn't get along with the young man in front of him.

The long sleeved red and white gown Alexandria was wearing felt tighter as her nerves started to tense up. She wished her mother hadn't tightened the collar like she did. Her eyes drifted towards her father as he ushered her forward with his free hand and at first, she didn't move. Letting out a long sigh to calm her nerves, she stepped forward and gave a small curtsy to the man in front of her. "It's wonderful to make your acquaintance." Her voice was quiet but loud enough for him to hear her. Despite everything, her mother decked her out for this meeting. Red lipstick decorated her lips making her light skin brighter, diamond earrings hung from her earlobes, and a locket hung between her breasts. If she had it her way, some things would've changed but she knew her mother wanted her to be presentable in the highest manner.

proxy.php

MAKING ACQUAINTANCE

The albino looked at his future wife when introduced to her, gently bowing in her direction. He smiled softly in a cordial way before speaking up "Pleasure to meet you, Lady Alexandria." he could see how pretty she was and that made him nervous because he wasn't sure that she will like the look of a man in his condition, her beauty doesn't even compare to him. Sure his features were handsome, with his thin and long nose and thin but large lips that showed a quite pearly smile, his complexion was fair as porcelain and it gave him an inhuman look, almost as if he was too pretty to be something alive, sort of a marble statue that indimitates and intrigues the minds of everyone. Gilbert had spent most of his life indoors, surrounded by books and knowledge, his father and his brother were often out doing business negotiations so the young male spent most of his time with his mother Angela, she had the same condition of her son so both avoided to be under the sun. But because of such life Gilbert was unaware if he was considered handsome or if the albinism trait makes any other features on him vanish and causes him to be unattractive.

Gerhard rested a hand on his son's shoulder and said in his usual loud and slightly intimidating voice "Son, why don't you take your soon to be bride to the next room to make acquaintance with her while Mr. Charles and I talk about the finishing details of the wedding tomorrow." Gilbert quickly glanced at his father before looking once again at Alexandria, he nodded solemnly and stretched a hand for her to take "With your father's permission I would like to take you to the lounging room." he now quickly looked at Sir Charles, his red orbs staring at the man while he waited for approval and also for Alexandria to accept his stretched hand and follow him to the room he was in previously.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Straightening her back, she flashed him a small smile before his father took over speaking once again. "I would be delighted." Alexandria answered for her father, knowing that regardless, he would agree to it. Her eyes drifted towards Charles to get his approval and he nodded to her.

"Do not let my daughter intimidate you, son." Charles chuckled lightly, glancing towards Gilbert. "She has a quick wit about her and, at times, is rather opinionated." He shooed them off when he caught sight of the glare his daughter gave him.

Shaking her head, Alexandria placed her hand in his and followed him out of the room. "Forgive my father. He thinks he knows everything." There was an awkward air between the two and she wasn't sure how to lighten up the mood. A first meeting was never easy but she knew that once they got to know each other, things would be fine. She followed him into the lounging room and took a seat on a velvet chair near the window. The sun was casting a warm glow into the room, illuminating everything in its path. Twiddling her thumbs, she glanced around the room and took everything in. Paintings decorated the walls, flowers sat in a large vase in the middle of the coffee table, a decorative tea set was on a table nearby, and the fire place was lit, warming the room. Despite it being spring, the air still had a chill to it and no one wanted to risk the bride and groom getting ill before the wedding.

The sound of someone knocking on the door broke the tense silence and Alexandria looked up as a maid came in with a tray full of dishes. "My lady, the tea you requested." A soft smile decorated her lips as she nodded and said her thanks to the woman as she set the tray down, bowing before exiting the room. "Do you like oolong tea?" Her eyes drifted up to her betrothed in a curious manner. "Or have you not tried it before?" She wasn't sure what he liked but she wanted to know more so she could be a proper wife to him. "Would you rather have English tea?" Alexandria was willing to call the maid back if he preferred something different.

proxy.php

UNSOOTHING SILENCE

The room didn't changed much since Gilbert walked out of it to meet Alexandria, perhaps the only small changes that could be noticed was the wooden on the fireplace was more burnt than before and the light coming through the windows were fading due to the sun setting. He took a deep and sharp breath before sitting in a chair near her, between the two chairs a floor lamp decorated while the candles in it melted away. "I believe all parents have that perception that they know all about their children. Even when they lost touch of the child they once knew." he let out a small chuckle in an attempt to sooth the mood but with no avail as a painful silence settled between the two of them.

Gilbert could swear he was hearing the cuckoo's clock ticking from the other side of the wall. He was thankful when the maid walked into the room and settled a tray in the middle of the coffee table before them. Once the lady walked away, he looked back at Alexandria, he felt uncomfortable and as a physical reaction for such emotion he loosened up the scarf around his neck slightly. "Oh yes, I do like tea and would love to taste that oolong tea but pardon me, I've never tried it before. My mother just enjoy to drink Earl Grey or fruit teas such as peach, lime or berries. The fruits usually during summer time, she says a good tea always soothes the soul." he chuckled softly and shook his head, he had an awful habit of blabbering when too comfortable or too nervous and right now he was feeling quite nervous, so much so that he was thankful for the pair of white gloves covering his hands and preventing her to see his sweaty palms. "Anyways, do you enjoy tea, fraulein?" Gilbert was british, just like his mother and brother but due to his father heritage he spent a lot of time speaking German in their house hold so sometimes some words slip from his mouth.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Alexandria picked up the teapot and poured some into her small cup before setting it back down. "I enjoy it on occasions." She nodded as she added a small amount of honey to the liquid and some milk. "Too much of it and it gets dull." Stirring the drink, she placed her spoon back down and brought the china up to her lips, taking a small sip of the warm liquid. She set it back down once she was done with it and glanced towards Gilbert. "What is it you like to do, sir? Do you like to Read? Write? Ride?" The young woman was trying to get to know her fiance before things got too serious between them. She didn't want to be the lady of the house and not know a thing about her husband.

"How about traveling?" She arched a brow as she kept her eyes on the man across from her. "Do you enjoy that? Have you been many places?" Traveling was rather rare for her but when she went, she enjoyed it greatly. However, living in the big city of London, traveling wasn't as common. The places they needed to go were right outside their door, it seemed like.

proxy.php

CONVERSATIONALIST

He poured himself some of the oolong tea as well, smelling it and taking a sip of it without adding anything so he could take in the real taste of such tea. He then added some honey and took a couple more sips while she was asking him questions, he settled the delicate china down and nodded "Oh yes, I do enjoy reading a lot. Not much a writer to be honest… at least not quite the artistic type, although sometimes I keep log of my daily activities. I know how to ride a horse but I prefer to ride it freely, like under the moonlight on the fields. I prefer riding as a leisure activity and not as a transportation method." he took another sip of his drink as he raised an eyebrow as her next question "Not so much, I've spent a lot of time in my family’s house. The one that usually do the business traveling is my younger brother. To be quite fair, the first travel that I'll be taking is the one for our honeymoon. My father settled a train trip for us, but I'm not sure of the itinerary. He hasn't gave me much details." he took in a deep breath and then gave her a smile, wanting to try to avoid the subject that they will soon be married and sort of one item. "Anyways, what about you, lady? Do you enjoy reading? Which are your favorite pastime activities?"

proxy.php

Last edited:
He seemed like a homebody and that surprised her. In her mind, he seemed like the type that would love to travel and be outgoing. However, this was a pleasant idea to her. She wanted to get to know him more and him being a homebody would make that fairly easy. He seemed easy to get along with and that helped her nerves to ease up around him. Alexandria picked up her cup and thought about his question, taking a small sip of the warm liquid.

"I quite enjoy reading." She nodded with a small smile decorating her lips. "Nature walks are my favorite pastime, along with painting." Leaning back into her seat, her eyes back to the man in front of her and eyed him in a curious manner. She wasn't trying to be rude or anything. "Not to be rude but is your hair that color naturally?" Arching a brow, she kept a grip on her teacup and took another sip of her tea before placing the cup in her lap. "It is quite lovely but it seems rather... Unnatural." It was obvious that she had never seen anyone with that hair color but she was fascinated. He was much different than all the other men that have tried to get her attention.

proxy.php

QUEER COMPLEXION

The albino slowly and carefully settled down the cup and moved his left hand to pass his glove covered fingers through his white hair. Not only Gilbert was albino but also left handed, a quite rare match to find. "Oh!" he exclaimed softly as a light shade of pink covered his cheeks, one of the disadvantages of his fair complexion is how easy it showed when he blushed, even the tiniest of the pinks could be visible in his cheeks. "Well, it's natural. I was born in such way. Pale skin, white hair and red eyes. It's the albino package." he chuckled a bit nervously and picked the cup of tea once again to quickly take a sip of the liquid as a way to try to calm down his nerves. He knew she would notice his albinism, everyone does, all he could hope for is that it doesn't disgust her. He knows that the circumstances of their wedding does not involve love and he doesn't expect her to fall in love with him, all he wishes for is that she could have a nice relationship with him. Gilbert want them to have a happy life, he wants her to be happy, at least as much as she can in a loveless marriage. "I take that your father hasn't informed you that you'll be marrying an albino. I'm sorry you had to discover it by yourself… I guess you were expecting a more dashing looking man due to my father's Germanic heritage. I'm sorry to disappoint you with my queer looks.” he took a deep breath and took another sip from his tea. The truth was that due to Gilbert's albinism he was myopic, which means he needed to wear glasses to properly see; but since he already despise his old-man-looking hair, he tried to avoid the glasses. He doesn't want to be a 24 year old that looked to be over his 50's but because of his stubbornness about glasses he couldn't properly see Alexandria's features so he had no way to know if she is surprised, disgusted or simply curious.

proxy.php

Last edited:
"Really?" Alexandria seemed rather fascinated by that as she listened to him speak. "My father did not tell me this but it is a nice surprise." There wasn't a single ounce of dislike in her eyes as she looked at him. "I have never seen such a thing before." All of the men she had met either had blonde or brown hair, never white. However, his next words startled her slightly and she frowned ever so slightly. "You did not disappoint me at all, good sir. In fact, you surprised me with your flawless looks." He was much better looking than most of the males she had come into contact with in the last few years. Her eyes broke away from him as she looked up to the door and noticed her father standing there.

"It is time to go, my darling." With that, Alexandria stood up and held her hand out to Gilbert. "I apologize for this but I am sure it is something important that requires the family's attention." She knew her father wouldn't end such a situation so early unless it was needed.

proxy.php

FLAWLESS?

He raised an eyebrow and looked at her direction, squinting his eyes to try to figure the facial expression she was making. "Flawless..." he repeated softly and under his breath as he was trying to make him believe on what she just said. After a while of examining her face, he couldn't find any signs that she was displeased with his looks and decided to take the compliment "Well, thank you." he gave her a small smile and felt hope fill his heart as it seemed they will be able to get along well in this marriage

Once his father called her, he also got on his feet and took her hand in his, bowing gently and then settling a kiss on the back of her hand. "No need to apologize. It was nice meeting you, my lady. I'm looking forward for tomorrow." he let go of her hand so she could leave and smiled at her, he wasn't just being polite saying he was looking forward for tomorrow, sure the wedding tomorrow was something neither of them actually agreed but he things she is a very nice lady and their conversation was quite pleasant, also, he wasn't blind - a bit myopic but not blind - so he could easily see she is a very beautiful woman.

proxy.php

The next day, the wedding preparations were in full force. Maids were running around, putting decorations up, setting tables, lighting the chandeliers and candles on the tables, and dusting things around the area. Cooks were preparing the feast that would be held after the ceremony and seamstresses were making the last touches on Alexandria's dress as she sat in her room, her mother working on her hair. "Remember, back straight, shoulders down, head held high. You are representing our family on this important day and you need to look it." She flinched every time her mother would pull her hair back to pin it in the braid she was working on. The flowery pins in her hair were keeping it together as her mother continued to pull on her hair. "Do not speak unless spoken to nor do you eat until your husband does, do you understand me? These are things you must practice or else, things will be ruined."

proxy.php

THE WEDDING

The Beilschmidt household was very well awake and working around since the early hours of the day, the tailor was making final adjustments to Gilbert's suit while he was taking a bath. The albino decided to take his time in the bath tub since he was quite sure that the moment he steps out of the bathroom he would not have another time by himself. He was relaxing and trying to think of this as just any other day instead of letting himself feel the pressure of such arranged matrimony, he was remembering the pleasant talk he had with Alexandria the other day and was trying to make it about the two of them instead of something about business. He was interrupted from his daydreams by a loud knock on his door, it was his father trying to drag him back down to reality "Gilbert, quickly now! The tailor is almost done with the final touches and the barber is in here to trim your hair und shave your face!" Gilbert let out a loud sigh and slowly got up from the tub "Ja, ja", he said in his thick German accent in reply to his father "I'm coming, just need to get dried out!" and with that he started to dry his body with the towel. He walked out of the bathroom wearing a silk brown bathrobe.

In his bedroom, there was his brother and his father waiting for him to help with preparations; as well as the barber that was settling his utensils down on the vanity mirror. Gerhard patted his albino son on the back and had a proud smile on his face but his eyes remained stern, the emotion on his lips never reaching the greyish blue eyes. "Just remember everything we rehearsed and that will be a memorable day for our family. Now, let's have your face shaved." It didn't took long for the baber to finish shaving Gilbert's face since he usually keep his face clean of any facial hair; Gilbert didn't allowed the male to trim too much of his hair since he always enjoyed it to have some volume and not a close cut to his scalp. Once that was done, he got up from the stool in front of the vanity mirror and was dragged by his father and brother to the center of the room, his brother Ludwig was styling Gilbert's hair in the same way he styles his own: combed back. Gerhard handed Gilbert his undergarments and announced in his usual loud voice "Time for the final test of the suit."

After a long while were the tailor finished to fit the suit perfectly on Gilbert's body; the pants and the vest were a dark shade of gray, the dressing shirt was white and had a lively green tie adorning around his neck and tucked into the vest. His shoes were black and so was the elegant coat that covered it all. Once he was dressed, all the male left him alone in the room so Gilbert walked close to the mirror and looked at himself, barely recognizing himself. The albino took a deep breath as he started to pick his belongings to set on the inside pockets of his coat, the first item being his pair of glasses since he needed it to see things better even though he displeased wearing it. He was trying to pick a pocket watch to go with the clothes when he heard a knock on the door "Come in." it was his mother, they shared a lot of physical traits since both of them were albinos "Oh mother!" he rushed to Angela and hugged her tightly as he usually would spinning her small frame from the floor. "How are you my dear?" she asked in a sweet voice as she looked at him through round glasses, her long white hair always perfectly styled in a bun. "Nervous." was all that Gilbert let out and her reply was a sweet smile and a gentle caress of his cheek "Don't be. Love always find a way, dear. I'm sure that doesn't matter the circumstances of the matrimony, you'll have a wonderful life with your wife." She then picked one of his hands on hers and turned it so it would be with the palm turned up, she settled a pocket watch in there "A wedding gift. It was my father's, he gave it to me when I married." he looked down at the silver watch that had the design of a bird on it "But Ludwig got married first..." the albino pointed out and his mother simply shook her head to cut him off "But you're the oldest son. It belongs to you." she made his hand close around the item and pecked his cheek "Now I'll let you finish to get ready, we wouldn't want to see your father start to get agitated about being late." she chuckled and left the room. Gilbert decided to wear the new pocket watch and quickly finished getting ready.

Soon enough it was time to leave so they could arrive in time. The four Beilschmidt's were all sitting on a carriage, Gerhard had his wife sitting next to him and Gilbert was sitting in front of her, which meant Ludwig was sitting next to his older brother and in front of his father. The four were silent for a while until Ludwig broke it "Brother, I have wrote you your vows." he said while he stretched an envelope to Gilbert, the albino shook his head and said "Thank you but I wrote them myself last night." he knew it was all arranged but he wanted to make it as personal and nice as he could for Alexandria, so he waited until he met her to be able to write something. Gerhard was obviously nervous with such idea and exchanged glances with Ludwig, it was obvious they took part on the vows inside the envelope together. Angela held her husband's hand and said softly "I'm sure you wrote something wonderful for your wife. She deserves something personal instead of generic vows." Gilbert simply nodded as the carriage continued to move closer to the state of his future wife. Once the carriage stopped in front of the manor, the Beilschmidt family stepped out and was directed to a waiting room linked to the area where the wedding would be held.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Something new, something old. Something borrowed, something blue. She had yet to receive the blue object but she had everything else. Her eyes were on herself in the mirror. She was the perfect vision of a bride. A beautiful floor length dress decorated her with pearls holding it together in the back and a train trailing a few feet behind her. Her hair was pulled back with pins holding the bun together and a small crown sitting atop her head with the veil attached to it. How she looked seemed odd to her. She never thought she would see herself as a bride so early in life and she wasn't sure how to feel about it. Her nerves were tense but she held a calm look about her face and she tugged at the lace sleeves of the dress.

"Do not ruin it, my love." Her mother came into the room with a box in her hands and Alexandria looked back at her. "We do not have time to fix it should you tear it." That made her roll her eyes and she turned to face the woman.

"Would ruining it get me out of this situation?" Eliza glared at her for asking such a question and shook her head. "You need to lose the attitude. It makes you look ugly." She walked over and set the jewelry box down on the table and opened it up, ushering Alexandria over to her. "This has been passed down for generations and it is now yours." It was a pearl necklace that was carefully made to hold together the large blue sapphire that caught the attention of anyone that looked at it. "You are a vision, my darling." Her mother was proud as she walked around to the back of Alexandria and carefully placed the necklace around her daughter's neck.

There was a knock at the door and Charles stepped into the room. He caught eye of his daughter and beamed brightly, strolling over to her. "You are a sight to behold, my child." Carefully taking one of her hands in his, he placed a kiss on the back of it and wrapped her arm around his. "Are you ready for this?" No, she wasn't. She wasn't going to tell him that though and merely nodded as she followed him out into the hall. It was time to start to rest of her life.

proxy.php

BEAUTY OF THE HALL

The albino was already settled in his place, he could see the aisles of people from his and her family filled up and looked at the closed door at the end of it. He knew she was going to walk through there and he knew that it would mean the ceremony has started, he was nervous but he knew no one cared about it and neither could he step out of it. All he had to do is to plaster on his face a fake beaming happy smile and at the right time spit out the 'I do' that everyone is waiting for. Of course some of those people were unaware of the circumstances of the wedding, the parents were the only ones to know the nature of such arrangement. A business contract, that is what it really was but for the rest of the families in that room it was a symbol of union by love which meant he had not only to go through the script flawless but also act like he was in the happiest day of his life.

Gilbert didn't dislike Alexandria, as far as he know her she seemed a very nice lady and he had high hopes that they will be able to have somewhat of a nice marriage together. As far as a forced marriage could be happy, that was, but he decided to worry about their future together later since a lot of worries and doubts could easily cloud his mind right now and bring him close to a panic attack. There were so much uncertainties, to start with they barely knew each other and from this day on they will be living together but one thing that really made him nervous was the honeymoon; after the wedding they will be out on a trip, just the two of them and knowing what people expect of them in such night made him bubble with nervousness. He settled all his worries aside and took in a deep breath that for others might just look like a groom eager to see his bride dressed in wait but he was actually mentally preparing himself for that fact that in some minutes he will have a wife.

Song invaded the room and his eyes - that due to the light in the room made them look more purplish than the usual reddish it was - darted to the door as it swung open by two servants. At the door he could see Sir Charles linking arms with his daughter and that's when Gilbert let out a breath he didn't knew he was holding because seeing Alexandria simply stole his breath, he could say with all certainty in the world that he had never seen such a beautiful woman. He swallowed thick because even though it wasn't a bond by love, he knew that he will call this woman his wife and he thought that he wasn't worthy of having such beautiful lady by his side. Gilbert wasn't ugly, he was quite attractive but he always believed to do not be so due to his albinism, which lowers his self esteem and made him feel so unworthy of Alexandria.

The song continued to play while Alexandria walked through the aisle with her father, they slowly walked through as if to make sure everyone could see her beauty, or so Gilbert felt like it was happening in such manner because for him it was as if time slowed down when he laid eyes on such a pretty bride. When she finally stood in front of him, the song came to an end and he allowed his eyes to scan over her figure to take in every detail "You look stunning." he said as a whisper so only her - and perhaps the priest in front of them - could hear it.

proxy.php

Before she reached the doors, she was given a bouquet of beautiful flowers and she was thankful that they happen to be her favorites. Lily of the Valley and Bluebells. The smell quickly entered her nose and she gave a soft smile, looking down at the flowers in her hand. They were arranged in such a manner that the purple and white colors complimented each other perfectly and added a splash of color to her attire. With a tight grip on her father's arm, she turned her eyes back towards the doors as they began to open and she felt her nerves tense up more than they had been. Despite how her nerves were tense, she was also feeling a bit shy since she was still new to this relationship that was forced upon her.

Taking in a deep breath, she walked with her father down the aisle, a tight grip on his arm as both families stared at her as she walked. Her eyes stopped looking around at the people staring at her and landed on Gilbert, taking in his appearance. A soft blush went across her cheeks and she smiled softly at him. He looked handsome and she couldn't help but admire that. Despite all this, she was thankful that she was placed with a man that was not only good looking but his personality was just as lovely so far.

However, this was becoming all the more real when her father gave her hand one last squeeze and give it to the man in front of her. His compliment caused her blush to deepen ever so slightly and she squeezed Gilbert's hand lightly. "Thank you." Alexandria murmured to him and smiled softly once again. "You look dashing yourself." That was the truth. She admired his choice in colors. It was much better than any normal suit that would be used in a wedding. His hand was soft in hers and this was the first time she really noticed it. He seemed so calm and collected to her as she glanced at him. She, on the other hand, wasn't sure what she looked like at the moment. For all she knew, she could look like a blushing and nervous mess.

proxy.php

I DO

The priest cleaned his throat and started the ceremony "We're gathered here today to join two families together through the love of the holy matrimony." the old priest then went through a speech about pure love and complimented both families on raising the two young people before him, he also let out some extracts from the bible that made sense to the moment and then continued "Now, if the two have vows prepared. I'd like you to read them." With that, Gilbert reached inside his coat and picked up a piece of paper that was folded; the paper was obviously written and rewritten tons of times due to the evident drops of ink all over the place and words and sometimes even sentences scratched here and there. The albino then took a deep breath and started his short speech "Alexandria, you deserve all the happiness in the world and I'm willing to try my best and beyond to accomplish it. You're a vibrant, talented, beautiful and intelligent woman that makes me feel honored and humbled to be your husband. I wish we can have a wonderful life together, despite all the obstacles and turbulences." he finished his short speech and looked at the priest while he folded the paper once again. The old man cleaned his throat once again and looked at Alexandria "Well, let's now hear the bride." and allowed her to speak up. Once she finished her speech, the priest continued asking if they accepted each other as husband and wife - which both did since they were being forced by their families to go through such marriage - and finally let out the sentence that concludes the wedding "You may now kiss the bride."
That simple sentence was the thing that made him tense up the most during the whole ceremony, kiss the bride. He knows she has no feelings for him and have in the back of his mind a message flashing telling him that it may be her first kiss. Gilbert himself hasn't kissed before, living his life mostly indoors and surrounded by his mother, his instructors and the maids and butlers; he had never had the chance to meet someone about his age but he knew that neither families will accept their excuses for not kissing and they know it will be seen as a disrespectful action towards each other family. So he took a deep breath and leaned closer to her, his hands gently cupped her cheeks as if to hide her face from the prying eyes of the audience and softly pressed his lips against hers. It was more of a peck than a kiss but it was enough to 'seal the deal' so he parted from her and was now holding her hand that he had just slid the ring on - a beautiful golden ring with a heart shaped ruby - and looked at the rows of benches staring at them as they applauded in happiness that the marriage was conclude. A blush was visible on Gilbert's cheeks and he walked with her out of the aisle and through the same door he had seen she walk through. They then were lead by a butler to the dining room and were set in a table decorated with flowers that was facing the huge dining table were all the guests were going to sit on. He pulled a chair for her to sit down and then sat next to her, he tried to swallow the lump he was feeling on his throat and then gently whispered to her while the guests walked into the room "I'm deeply sorry for the sudden kiss. As you're aware, we didn't had much of an option since a public display of affection was expected. I... would like you to know that due to the nature of our matrimony I'll never force you to display any sort of affection towards me." He was trying to ease her mind from tonight, he knows that even though no one spoke up about it that everyone expects them to have a nuptial night together but he doesn't expect it from her, he doesn't expect her to feel comfortable with such idea and he will do no advances on her once they will be left alone.

proxy.php

His speech warmed her heart and she smiled up at him. While she knew that this situation wasn't the best for them, she could tell by his eyes that he meant what he was saying. He wanted to give her everything she wanted so she could have a comfortable life. She admired that about him. The priest turned his eyes to look at her and she let out a sigh, trying to relax her nerves. Thankfully she had remembered her speech as she practiced it for days.

"My dear Gilbert," While she wanted to be quiet so only he could hear her, her voice was loud enough that most of the room could take in her words. "I know that this thing we call life took a turn that neither of us expected, I can only hope that I can be the wife you deserve." Her smile was soft as it danced across her lips. "I will love, cherish, and care for you as a wife does. I only hope that I can make you as happy as one possibly can. I wish to grant your every wish you have, no matter what it is." She paused for a moment so she could choose her next words carefully. "I hope that together, we can have a wonderful life." And with that, her speech was over. Her body stiffened up when the priest said "you may now kiss the bride,". She knew it was bound to happen but since they barely knew one another, this was going to be painfully awkward. The kiss was surprisingly sweet and short. Something she wasn't used to.

A soft blush decorated her cheeks when he pulled away from her and gripped her hand, leading her down the aisle. Alexandria was still in shock when she reached the dining room and sat down at the table, thanking him quietly. His words brought her out of her thoughts and she looked towards him. "I understand," She nodded and looked towards him. There was a small, but amused, smile dancing across her lips when she noticed something. Alexandria grabbed her napkin and reached over, gently wiping off his lips where some of her lipstick lie. "I do believe that at some point, we have to show each other affection." She nodded as she dropped her hand, turning her head to look at her parents as they entered the room. "Until then, I would think that holding hands will be enough to satisfy our families."

Back