proxy.php

MORNING MESS

Gilbert felt more at ease once she clasped her hand against his, he took a deep breath to relax himself and then closed his eyes to fall asleep as well. He slept well, way better than in their first night together; he was so tensed up during their wedding night. But now, he felt comfortable and safe.

As the morning arrived, the albino woke up with the sound of the whistle of the train and the loud hiss of the breaks making the engine stop. He slowly sat up and passed a hand through his puffy and messy white locks. He groaned softly as he came to his senses and looked down at his wife who was cocooned into the sheets, he let out a soft chuckle before saying in a low voice to do not disturb her headache "I think you'll need more than just water. I've brought some medicines with me, I believe I have some brain salt somewhere." with that, he uncovered himself and threw his feet off of the bed before walking still in a wobble to the living area of their cabin. Gilbert picked his suitcase and retrieved a metallic box from inside it, he easily found a glass with the label of
Brain Salt he then followed the instructions on the bottle and used the effervescent substance to mix with water and carefully approached her in the bed "Here it is, liebe." he felt comfortable enough around her to use German words, words that he still didn't had the guts to say in English so his father's native language would suffice for now. He handed her the glass of water and brain salt tonic to relieve her headache and once she grabbed the glass, he sat down in front of her on the bed. "Feeling better?" he asked sweetly as she finished drinking the tonic.

proxy.php

"Remind me to refuse more wine from the waiters during supper." Alexandria grumbled as she pulled the comforters away from her face and flinched at the bright sunlight that blinded her at first. "I do apologize for crossing any boundaries while in the glass cart last night." She clearly remembered the night before as she moved herself to an upright position and she felt a bit ashamed of herself. He didn't seem uncomfortable when she got closer to him but she didn't want him to hide it from her. Alexandria wasn't sure how to proceed with the day as she hoped things wouldn't be awkward.

Gilbert broke her out of her thoughts when he handed her the water she had asked for and she murmured a quiet thanks before taking a sip of it. Her face quickly scrunched up in disgust as she tasted something absolutely disgusting in it. "Blimey, are you trying to poison me?" Alexandria arched a brow as she looked towards him curiously. She had heard him talk about having medicine for her headache but she didn't think it'd taste this bad. Her eyes drifted towards the water again and she took another sip, shuddering as the the bitter taste hit her again. "This is awful! Who came up with such a horrifying concoction?!" This medicine must've been new to the market because she had never heard of it before nor had she ever tried something like this.

proxy.php

BREAKFAST

He smiled softly and said "There's nothing you need to apologize for. I loved the evening we spent together and... well, I love spending time with you." he let out a small chuckle when she complained about the medicine and shook his head slightly "That will make you feel better, now, try to finish all of it." as soon as he finished the sentence a knock could be heard on the door "Breakfast." the voice of a man announced. Gilbert picked a robe and threw it on himself, closing it on the front before smiling at Alexandria and closing the curtain so he could go answer the door. He opened the cabin's door and found a middle aged gentleman with a trolley cart full of silver covers and tea pots. "Breakfast for one or two?" the man asked. "Two" Gilbert quickly answered and the man then picked two of the platters with silver covers and settled them inside the cabin, on top of the coffee table. He then went back to the cart and picked a tea pot and two cups and accommodated it near the platters. "Have a nice breakfast, sir. Also, the engine asked us to inform that we'll arrive in our destination in about an hour."

"Thank you." Gilbert said and bowed his head softly as he watched the man leave to knock on the next door, he closed the cabin's door behind him and called out for his wife, he walked towards the curtains and opened them "How about we have breakfast in bed? You better eat something to take the taste of medicine off of your mouth." he then went to pour the tea into the cups and removed the silver covers from the platters, the breakfast was consisted of porridge, a soft boiled egg and slices of bread. He carefully settled a tray before Alexandria and then sat down in bed with his own tray to be able to have breakfast with her "Would you like me to crack your boiled egg open for you?"

proxy.php

Alexandria knew she would have to finish this medicine he had given her or her headache would never go away. She pinched the bridge of her nose and quickly downed the horrifying drink. A shudder went through her as she finished and she set the glass down on the table next to her before reaching to happily accept the tea her husband was offering her. The taste was still in her mouth, even after taking a sip of her tea. Her breakfast tray was placed in front of her and she looked down at it, humming lightly.

"If you do not mind." Alexandria smiled softly at his last question as she sat back against the headboard, peeling apart an orange. "How long do you suppose we'll be on the boat for?" She asked curiously as she plopped a piece of the orange in her mouth and looked towards her husband. "I worry about seasickness which is why I ask." Alexandria had a weak stomach when it came to being on a boat and the last thing she wanted to do was scare Gilbert to death.

proxy.php

ARRIVAL IN DOVER

He nodded softly and then used his knife to crack open her soft boiled egg. He took a sip of his own tea afterwards and pressed his lips together at her question "I honestly don't know but..." he then looked around the room as he tried to remember where he had settled something. He then opened the drawer of the nightstand and picked the two tickets for the ship. Gilbert brought it closer to his face as a habit of his myopic nature and read aloud "Dover to French Riviera, three day trip." he then settled down the tickets on his nightstand and continued to have his breakfast, dipping slices of his toast inside the yolk of his soft boiled egg. "They packed a lot of medicines for me. Since they knew we would be on a train and ship trip I have balms and invigorating medicines to help with seasickness." the albino pointed out and picked some grapes and popped them in his mouth, he looked at her and allowed his red orbs to scan her figure. Even though she woke up not feeling well, Gilbert thought that his wife was a beautiful vision in the morning, his eyes locked on her lips as he envied the orange she was slowly and delicately eating, sucking the juices off of the gums. He swallowed thickly and took a long breath through his nose. He doubted that Alexandria was aware of the effects she caused on him.

proxy.php

Three days? She wasn't looking forward to it. A soft sigh escaped her as she took a bite of the orange and looked towards the window. The sun was starting to come up through the trees and bring light into the room, casting a warm glow over the furniture. Finishing off her orange, she picked up her toast and started to munch on it.

"While I like the scenery when traveling by boat, I do not like the sickness that accompanies it." Alexandria nodded as she picked her napkin up and wiped her mouth off before setting the cloth back down. "So I do not think a heavy meal will do me any good." After setting the tray to the side, Alexandria pushed the covers aside and got up, walking towards her trunk of clothes. "I do hope you that seasickness will not affect you like it does me." She shifted through her clothes and pulled out a few different articles of clothing before disappearing behind the curtain to get dressed.

"I do hope this is a quick journey." Alexandria voiced aloud as she got herself undressed and started to put her underclothes on. "I am quite anxious to see our new destination." She hummed as she straightened out her clothes before starting to slip on her dress. "Do you think the weather will cooperate long enough for us to enjoy the sights?" Reaching back, she tied the ribbon in the back of the dress into a pretty bow and smoothed out the skirt of the dress. Alexandria looked at herself in the mirror and nodded in approval, walking over to the vanity to put on some light makeup. She knew that first impression was everything and she wanted to look nice for their outing.

The bright red dress she wore was low cut, a bold choice for the time. Her sleeves started halfway up the tops of her arms before going down to her wrist and a lace cloth rested over her hands. She coupled it with a gold locket that hung down between her breasts and dark ruby earrings. Once she was satisfied with her appearance, she walked back behind the curtain and put her nightclothes away.

"You should get ready." Alexandria smiled softly at her husband as she faced him, running her brush through her hair. "We'll be arriving soon."

proxy.php

ANXIOUS

He looked down at his own half eaten food and then spoke aloud "But we'll only get on board of the train for lunch. I'll be starving by the time they serve us our meal." he continued to eat while she went past the curtains to get changed. As he took some more sips of his tea, Gilbert sighed softly "I've never traveled by boat or ship so I hope I won't feel any seasickness. I would like to be feeling well so I can take care of you. Both of us feeling sick wouldn't be quite helpful." he pointed out and finished eating his toast before setting both their trays aside once she opened the curtains. He got on his feet and walked past the curtains "Oh, yes, I'll start getting dressed right away. We also need to make sure everything is packed so they can collect our luggage. The albino informed her before closing the curtains and starting to pick his clothes for the day, he had never been inside a ship so he wasn't sure what was appropriate to wear, he wasn't sure if he should be dressed in a more causal manner or in a very dapper way. He sighed softly and tried to think that perhaps the best to do was to match Alexandria's clothing somehow. So he put on his dark gray pants and his black shoes, after that he decided to set for a white dressing shirt and a coat that matched his pants. Gilbert added a lively turquoise tie around his neck and finished adding a bird pin to it that made the tie have a puffy aspect on his chest. He opened the curtains and gestured to himself "Is this proper for a ship trip?"

proxy.php

Alexandria had just finished putting some of her hair back in a long braid when Gilbert stepped back out from behind the curtain. She looked at him with a curious expression and took in his outfit. Her heart started racing in her chest as she kept her eyes on him and she nodded in approval.

"Very handsome." Alexandria said with a smile as she turned back to the mirror in front of her, making sure her hair was in place before putting her brush away in one of her bags. "If you wish to, I'm sure that you can take some fruit to eat until lunch." She busied herself with making sure all of her luggage was together when she felt the train slowly come to a stop. Looking up, her eyes went to the door when she heard a knock and one of the stewards announced that they had arrived. "Well, I suppose that's our que to leave."

Grabbing her carry on bag, she knew that one of the stewards would be by to gather their luggage and follow them to the boat. "Do you have everything you need?" Alexandria looked up at her husband. "Or shall I tell them to give us a few more minutes?"

proxy.php

WELCOME ABOARD

He relaxed his shoulders when she said that he looked handsome but also felt a now very well known warmth irradiate on his cheeks. He turned around and finished putting his things back into his suitcases and took one last look around the cabin as he felt the train come to a stop. "I suppose I could grab an apple and put it in my carry on." he replied to her suggestion as he heard the knock on the door, he looked at her and then quickly picked up an apple and settled inside his bag before locking it. He nodded and went to open the door for the steward. The young man greeted Gilbert and soon asked with luggage had to be carried by him.

"With the exception of mine and my wife's carry on bags you can take care of the rest." the albino informed as he picked his small carry on bag by the handle and stretched a hand for Alexandria to hold. "We're embarking on the ship to French Riviera, if you could help us bring the luggage to the boarding area of the ship I'll give you a generous tip." he informed the young man that started collecting the luggage and nodded excitedly before replying with a short "Yes, sir."

Soon they were at the train platform and started walking through the port since the train station was right in the heart of it. Gilbert pulled his wife slightly closer to him by gently switching his hand from holding her own to enveloping her waist in a protective manner as they walked by a crew of a merchant ship. Soon he saw the cruise ship that was going to be their residence for three full night. The couple and the steward stopped in front of the boarding area of the ship and soon the luggage bags changed hands from the train steward to a crew member of the ship, Gilbert tipped the train young man just as promised before he left. "Tickets please." a well dressed middle aged gentleman that stoop by the ramp that lead to the ship said in a monotone which quickly prompted Gilbert to fish the tickets from his coat and hand both of them to the man who put glasses on to read the names on it "Mister and Mistress Beilschmidt. Welcome aboard! Please, follow the ramp and soon you'll be greeted by our concierge that will indicate your accommodations. Lunch will start being served one hour after we leave the docks and we're schedule to leave three hours from now. So please, enjoy the ships facilities while you wait." the man then put a stamp on both tickets and handed them back to Gilbert.

Gilbert then looked at Alexandria and once again held her hand so they could enter the ship together and just as the middle aged man had said, another crew member were waiting for them. He handed the tickets to that man that looked to be just a couple of years older than him and after the man analyzed the tickets he informed "I'm Jackson Abberforth. If you need anything through our journey to the French Riviera please contact me. Now, follow me this way so I can make you two acquainted to your accommodations." as the man started to walk, Gilbert followed and prompted Alexandria to follow him too since he was still holding her hand. The man named Jackson kept blabbering about details of the ship and giving information about time tables and where they could find this or that inside the ship. They had a small upward journey through the stairs of the ship but soon they reached the last floor, the highest one before the man informed. "This floor have only two accommodations, they are our deluxe suits so I hope you two find it private enough from the more lively floors of the ship." he then unlocked the door with a key and handed the key to Gilbert before bowing softly and taking his leave as the ship steward took the luggage bags inside the cabin. Once everyone has left, Gilbert closed the door and took in their room. It was a large room with a living area that had a couch and a bar stroll, at the back of such room there were french doors that were slightly opened and a huge bed could be seen from where they stood. In the coffee table there was a bottle of champagne and two flutes as well as a newspaper and a small program with the time tables of the activities of the ship for that day.

"Well, now it really started to feel like we're in our honeymoon." Gilbert commented under his breath as his eyes continued to scan the room around him.

proxy.php

His arm around her and his warm hand against her side ignited butterflies in her stomach. She wasn't sure if she could ever get used to this as his hand holding hers always caused these warm and fuzzy feelings inside her. Alexandria could only hope that her heart wouldn't jump out of her chest by the end of the trip. She did want to get back home in one piece so she could give her parents a warm welcome when they arrived at their new house.

"Mistress?" Alexandria muttered under her breath as she looked towards the side of the ship and frowned softly. 'That makes me sound like some old woman...' She thought to herself as she followed her husband aboard, picking up the skirt of her dress as not to trip on it. Making a clumsy fool of herself on something like this wouldn't be a good idea. Her eyes took in the decor as she walked down the hall and she caught wind of something that was only offered to higher class citizens. The French named this process Daguerreotype and eventually was called "photography". Alexandria grinned brightly as she noticed a few of the photographs that lined the walls, noting that it was mainly captains of the ship, both previous and current.

The young woman was pulled out of her thoughts when she noticed they were approaching a set of stairs and quickly followed the two men up. There was something about "private" and "lively" that she heard but she didn't really catch on as her mind was still focused on the pictures she had seen on the wall. She looked up as they arrived at their room and she arched a brow as she looked around. It was definitely fancy enough but it seemed a bit overwhelming. Then again, their parents were expecting something out of this honeymoon, and knowing her father, he spared no expense when it came to her.

"It looks as though mother and father went a bit in over their heads..." Alexandria let out a sigh as she squeezed her husband's hand reassuringly before letting go and walking over to where the champagne was. She picked up the paper with the events and times on it for the ship and grinned brightly. "Darling, we must go and experience this new invention that they say is one of the best things that man has ever made!" Her voice was eager as she hurried over to him and pointed towards where it read: "Experience the World's First Camera and Capture a Moment in the Blink of an Eye!". "Please? It would be something to put on the wall of our new home!"

Alexandria was obviously anxious about this as her hopeful eyes stared at the man in front of her, hoping for a good reaction out of him. She had been waiting for this opportunity for over a year now and since it was right in front of her, she wanted to take a chance at getting her hands on one.

proxy.php

THE WORLD'S FIRST CAMERA

The albino watched as his wife excitedly checked the schedule for the day, he looked at what she was pointing at it and furrowed his eyebrows slightly "Camera?" he wondered quietly as she continued to excitedly ask him if they could experience such contraption. "How they capture a moment?" he looked at her, his question being now loud enough for her to hear as he picked the strip of paper from her hands and read the tiny article that was the propaganda to such amusement inside the ship. "I suppose that it would be nice to have something to remember our trip. It would be nice to have a souvenir from this moment so we could show to our families. I'm certain they will pester us wanting details of our trip so I guess this camera would be useful to keep them entertained." he pointed out and then checked the pocket watch he keeps always with him "I guess we could bring those luggage bags to the bedroom area and then get ourselves freshened up before heading out to check that first camera." he let out a small sigh and then picked as many bags as he could and headed to the half closed doors, he pushed the french door open with his forearms and soon was greeted by an also large room with an extravagant bed with navy blue satin sheets, mahogany nightstands that had golden details and on the back of it a large window with a view for the ocean. To the left wall there was a large wardrobe that matched the nightstands and to the right wall a door that he guessed leaded to their washroom. He set the bags on the floor and asked his wife "Would you like to unpack our clothes? Our you find it silly since it's sort of a short trip to our destination?" he opened the wardrobe and realized that it wasn't as big as it seemed to fit both their clothes "If you wish to use it, I guess it will be enough for one of us but it seems a small wardrobe for both of us. I'll keep my clothes in the cases. Would you like to get yourself freshened up first? After all, we had to walk under the sun from the train to hear... and I guess it would be nice for us to adjust ourselves before that capturing moment thing. I wouldn't want to capture a moment where I'm slightly sweat from our stroll under the sun." he chuckled softly, and rubbed the back of his neck.

proxy.php

"It uses glass and light to capture the portraits." Alexandria explained as she watched his expressions carefully, trying to make sure that she wasn't stepping over any boundaries. She didn't want to anger him or make him uncomfortable within the first few moments of being on the ship. "I read about it in the paper once. It is quite a fascinating thing." She nodded as she turned her eyes back towards the paper he was holding before looking back at him. "Really? You mean it?" Her eyes lit up brightly in both happiness and thankfulness. "Oh, this is wonderful!" She was so full of giddiness that she wrapped her arms around him tightly and squealed. "Thank you, thank you!"

Letting go of him, she hurried over and grabbed the large trunk that was full of her dresses and started to drag it towards the washroom. "I'll get changed so we can go!" To say that this woman was excited was an understatement. She wanted to look her best for this as well so she started to fish through her trunk of clothes once she reached the washroom and closed the door behind her. All of her manners had been completely forgotten in that moment since she felt like a little kid in a candy store. Alexandria started tossing dresses aside that were too dark in color or dull looking and only put aside the ones that she thought were worthy of such an occasion.

Only three dresses remained after she had gotten done with her thorough evaluation and she stared at them, frowning softly. Alexandria thought she had packed more than this but apparently, she was wrong. "Right then... Which would look the best?" She wasn't sure. It was times like this where she wished she had her mother's advice and guidance but she would have to take these matters into her own hands. A hum escaped her as she grabbed one of the dresses and started to put it on, making sure to look at herself in the mirror when she was done with her changing.

This was a more formal gown that she took with her on her travels should a dance or special occasion occur. It was beige colored silk, short-sleeved, and rather plain-looking but it made a statement as it was of the highest quality. Alexandria nodded to herself as she looked at her appearance and changed out of her traveling shoes and into more comfortable ones. She went to work on her hair now, taking the one part out of its braid and working on putting it up into a bun, pinning it there with the diamond pins she had with her. Keeping the locket on, she changed her earrings to the small diamond ones her mother had given her as an early wedding gift and put the others away in her trunk along with the dresses she had scattered about the place.

"I apologize for everything." Alexandria said as she opened the door an hour later after having gone in there, tugging her trunk of clothes with her. "I did not mean to act out in the way that I did." She frowned softly as she glanced at her husband, putting her luggage on the wall near the wardrobe. "It was completely unladylike and unlike me. It will not happen again." Alexandria was ashamed of her behavior as she had never acted that way around anyone but she couldn't contain it at that particular moment.

proxy.php

MOMENTUM

The albino let out a soft chuckle as he watched his wife act so excited, that's the most happy and eager he had seen her since they met each other; which wasn't a long time ago but he thought that it was nice to finally see her so eager to do something. He knew that she was more excited about the picture itself than taking a picture with him but what mattered is that she seemed so happy. He took a breath and started looking through his luggage, trying to figure if he should change his clothes. He felt like it didn't matter what he wore he wasn't going to be appropriate enough for a picture. He knew that he will look his usual dull and boring pale self doesn't matter what he wear. He wondered if the picture was going to capture the color of his eyes and he thought that it would probably look ghastly and scary to have a picture with a red-eyes albino staring at someone from hanging in a wall. He sighed and shook his head as he decided to just get dressed in some more formal clothes that would also fit well to walk around the elegant cruise ship. He dressed black pants and shoes and decided to wear a green velvet coat on top of his white shirt. Around his neck a silk golden scarf with the adornment of an emerald pin. As he was finishing to get dressed his wife emerged from the washroom.

Gilbert turned around and looked at her when he heard her voice and promptly shook his head when she started apologizing "There's no need to apologize, I'm just glad to see you're eager to do something." he set his watch on his pocket and walked closer to her "You look beautiful as always, I'm sure that this contraption will not be able to capture your beauty." he held her hand and softly brushed his thumb against the back of her palm before letting out the air through his nostrils, he was afraid of making her feel uncomfortable about the fact of taking a picture with him. "Well, if you're ready I guess we should get going that way we can take that picture of your before we head to have our meal." he informed her and walked out of their room while holding her hand, he made sure to lock their door with the key provided to him and then kept it safely away on an inside pocket of his coat.

As they walked through the ship to head to the area where that camera was, Gilbert made sure to take in his surroundings so he would have a feel where everything was inside the ship. It didn't took long for them to find where the camera was set and soon they were greeted by a short man that was slightly chubby and had a very well trimmed mustache. "Welcome! Welcome! Here to experience first hand the World's First Camera? Would you like me to explain how it work before you decide to take a picture?"

proxy.php

"Mother always taught me that a lady should keep her wits about her at all times." Alexandria walked over to her husband and helped him with his tie and jacket. She smiled as her cheeks heated up at his compliment and she stepped back from him. "And you look as handsome as always." Gripping onto his hand, she squeezed it lightly and followed him towards the door. "I highly doubt the thing will be able to capture your exotic looks that I enjoy so much." Her other hand reached over and gripped his arm, squeezing it in a reassuring manner. "I look forward to the end result. I will treasure this gift forever."

Her heart sped up in excitement as they walked down to the entertainment room where the camera was set up. She felt like jumping where she stood because she was so giddy. Her grip on her husband tightened as they walked into the room where the camera set up. She glanced up at him and smile in encouragement. "This will be fun, I promise." Nodding, she turned back towards the man in front of her, gesturing with her hand for him to continue.

"Excellent!" The man smiled brightly as he turned and walked towards the large contraption in the room. "What happens is when the camera is activated, a mirror like image is redirected to a single point, making a single image on glass!" He looked at Alexandria. "Would you and your husband like to try?"

"Yes, please!" Alexandria kept her grip on Gilbert's hand and nearly dragged him towards the loveseat that was near the back wall. "How long does it take before we get the final product?"

"A few days at most."

Alexandria sat down and patted the seat next to her, smiling brightly up at husband as she tried to encourage him. "After this, supper will be ready and then we can enjoy the rest of the night." She knew he wasn't sure about this situation but she wanted to make sure that he was comfortable with her.

proxy.php

UNDENIABLE URGES

The albino listened carefully to what the man was explaining to him and his wife. He nodded every so often to let the man know he was understanding and once the explanation was over and all of Alexandria's questions were done, the man gestured to a velvet blue loveseat that was settled in front of a sheet with a beautiful painting of the ship in the ocean. "Please, sit down so we can take the picture. Get yourselves comfortable since it takes a while for it to be captured. And remember not to move or the picture will be ruined." he instructed them. Gilbert then guided his wife to the loveseat and allowed her to sit first before sitting down next to her. He grabbed one of her hands on his own so they could be holding hands in the picture and then he took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment to relax his whole body.

Gilbert once had a man paint him and his family, he was still a child when it happened but he could vividly remember how uncomfortable and bothersome it was to remain in the same position for a long period of time. He leaned closer to Alexandria and whispered to her "I guess it would be an awful idea to smile. Maybe just a half smile? To show we're happy but it wouldn't be tiresome?" he noticed that they were inches apart, his nose slightly brushed against her cheek and when his eyes looked down because of the sudden touch of skin on skin that it proportionate, the albino noticed how close to her lips he was. He remembered their awkward kiss at their wedding and how soft her lips were, he had been for the last days feeling an urge to kiss her again but he always feel it could be considered inappropriate or that it would make her uncomfortable. He moved a bit away from her as he waited her answer to his question about how they should pose for the camera.

proxy.php

As he sat down next to her and took her hand, she interlaced her fingers with his and set her free hand on top of their conjoined hands, squeezing them lightly to help him relax. The cameraman told them to relax and get ready while he disappeared behind another door to get the rest of the supplies he needed for the camera. Alexandria turned to face her husband, heat rushing to her cheeks as she realized how close they were.

"I think a small smile will be perfect." She nodded to him, smiling softly. Her hand that was resting on top of theirs reached up, gently gliding her fingers across his cheek in a soft caress. "Either way, I will be pleased with how it turns out. It does not have to be perfect." Dropping her hand, she looked over as the cameraman walked back into the room and finished setting up the rest of the needed parts to the camera. "We are doing this for ourselves and no one else." Alexandria said as she laid her other hand back down on top of their own once again.

"Remember, be still and this will only take a few minutes before you're off to supper!" The cameraman placed the curtain hanging off the back of the camera over his head and took hold of the button that controlled the device. "In three, two, one." The flash went off as Alexandria kept her eyes to the contraption and she blinked harshly as the light blinded her for a few moments. "Now just relax and in a few, you can go. Your portrait will be delivered to your room right before you leave the boat!"

proxy.php

SIMPLE CARESSES

Gilbert relaxed a bit when she settled her hand on top of their intertwined ones, he looked at her and nodded softly when she told him that a small smile would be perfect. He felt a the blood pumping on his neck which signed an increase in his heartbeat when she touched his cheek so softly. The albino swallowed thickly and let out the air through his nostrils as a way to get back into a relaxed state, he found it easier to do so once she said it didn't had to be perfect. Gilbert smiled down at her and nodded.

He took a look at the man who finished setting the equipment and once the man started counting, he straightened himself up a bit and place a small closed mouth smile on his lips. He blinked hundreds of times when the flash of light hit his eyes, being an albino he was more sensitive to light than others and he was virtually blinded at the moment. He felt slightly panicked but since they had to wait a couple of minutes for the picture to develop he tried to remain as still as possible since he wanted Alexandria to have a nice picture to take home.

Once the time was over, Gilbert still had his vision slightly blurry but got up and thanked the man before wrapping an arm with Alexandria's and guiding her away, when they were - from what he could guess - far away enough from the picture stand, he whispered to Alexandria "I'm still blinded by the flash of light, I can barely see more than two steps ahead of me."

proxy.php

Alexandria herself had spots in her eyes but she could still see for the most part. The dark spots in her eyes were distracting as she helped to lead him out of the room. Her hand kept a tight hold of his as they walked down the hall towards the main dining room.

"Would you like to go to supper or change into something more comfortable?" She stopped about halfway to the dining room and looked up at him curiously. "I do not mind either way." The only thing she worried about was ruining her dress but she felt confident that it wouldn't happen. "Or would you prefer to take our supper in our cabin?"

The young woman wanted to make her husband as comfortable as she could. Alexandria also wanted to enjoy her time on the ship despite her seasickness and she believed that being in the dining room, where there were little windows, might help her to do that.

Back