Infinite Ikea, Trapped Forever.

Marshmallow didn't even have time to bark as another employee came up and beat the one girl to death. It may actually be too dangerous to nom here, but...but...she had never tasted such glorious meat juice, and there were only a few of the rolling things left! She went over to one of the last ones, snuffling it to savor the aroma, and then...

She was picked up by Patience mid-bachomp. She whined and pinwheeled her legs helplessly, struggling for a moment as she saw the beautiful meat morsels being left behind. They quickly receded in the distance beneath his long stride. She'd been picked up like this before. It usually meant she was about to be put in the small box, or they were gonna go for a ride in the vroom vroom.

Looking forward, she saw beds and apparent safety, and accepted the elephant man's ferry service with as much aplomb as a good dog could muster. She licked his face and wagged her tail, trusting he'd get the message.

@Moose

"Just don't secretly be agents of the church and I'll be happy. I don't want to have to deal with them, seeing as they're the ones who trapped me in here." He said when the girls said they would repay him. He pet marshmallow as she tried to lick his face and set her down on one of the beds. Bedframes were on their sides for the walls, boxsprings making up the filling of the walls. There were various colored sheets around, covering the inside of the wall. A small bedframe appeared to be a table in the center of the room.

There were plenty of beds around, but other than that there was little furniture, and even among the beds, all of them looked a little used.

"It's been a bit over a week in here... I'm no ranger, my last party had one, he could have probably done better with the time he had here. Sorry I haven't prepared for guests, I had arrogantly assumed this prison was made solely for me." He said with a sigh. He began pulling up the ladders that had made sort of a gangplank for his little home. There was no gates, gates allowed for a weakpoint. The ladders would do.

"The walls are about as high as my trunk could reach, but it looks like you could give me a couple extra feet. Think you could help me make the wall taller before we need it?" He asked Pandora.
@Spiraea

"Please, if God were real, the dead wouldn't be walking." Pandora muttered, letting Seulgi down once they were inside Patience's base.

Seulgi's eyes widened at the sight of so many beds... They slept in tents if they were lucky to have one, she hadn't seen a bed so comfy looking in years! She ran over, a stumble in her step as her injured leg faltered. She hopped onto one of the beds, bouncing on her good leg before flopping onto her back, grinning. She sat up, patting the mattress with excitement to lure Marshmallow over for cuddles.
"Careful!-- Oh, whatever..." Pandora chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Did you know those kids back there?" She asked as she looked up at the walls of bed frames. She looked over her shoulder at Patience as he spoke, smiling a little.
"Alright just don't drop me, I'm running low on medical supplies as it is." She replied.
"What's the food supply like here? We barely have enough to feed the two of us... We certainly can't feed you and a dog." She added, turning to face him fully.

@AkiraDawn

Marshmallow immediately went about snuffling and sniffing the bed, getting a sense of the aromatic quality of the new spot she was in. She'd never been allowed on one before - every time she had tried it had resulted in a loud 'Down!' MM knew that one pretty well by now.

Savoring the experience of actually being allowed 'Up' for once, she got busy exploring. She moved gingerly as her paws sank just a bit into the 'ground' with every step. Truth be told, she realized she hadn't been missing much. The Promised Land wasn't the same without her little human. Licking a corner of the mattress, she sneezed at the chemical flavor and sat down with a huff.

That done, she looked around for where the people may have gotten to while she was performing her all-important survey. After a moment, she realized that the lot of them were in a big crate, just like hers at home only this one had no lid on it. She saw the two large ones were making noises at each other again and figured they were all right for now.

She heard a patpat sound to her left - those keen doggy ears miss nothing! - and perked up as she looked in that direction. A little person was making the Come noises, and the motions too! With a yip of excitement she bound off the mattress she'd been placed on and raced over to Seulgi, hopping up on to the second mattress of her life.

"Are you my person?" she seemed to be asking as she bowled in to the girl, tail a-wag so fast it was helicoptering.

@Moose

Last edited:
"Oh well, what about Myrkul? Orcus? Velsharoon? Shar? Kiaransalee? Of course the dead are rising out there, five gods out there will it."

She asked if he knew the kids and he sighed, "Well... No. I just saw them right before... Well, you saw it too. They came in with you and the dog and I'm just sad I couldn't save them.." He said, thinking about the employees, "I can't imagine that children would make enemies of the followers of Ao."

He cleared his throat when she asked him about food, realizing that he was rambling. He cleared his throat, "Several of those trays appear full just a little down the way, in food carts that keep them hot. I've analyzed them and it's amazing, they work without magic." He said, a smile greeting his lips.

As guilty as he felt for it, he was lonely and he was glad there were others here for him, even if he had to take care of them.
@Spiraea

Pandora raised an eyebrow.
"I haven't heard of those before," She replied, "but I'm not exactly versed on religions." She added, running a hand through her hair. She turned to him as he continued, letting out a soft sigh as he spoke.
"My friend and I came in alone, we only saw them when they were with you." She added. "I'm not sure where they came from but they're too... clean." She added, looking back at Seulgi. The two of them were visibly dirty, their clothes were old and were covered in either soot, mud or blood. Seulgi's dungarees had a large bloodstain over the knee and a hole ripped into them, showing the dirty bandage on her lower thigh.
"I don't know where they were hiding out but it certainly wasn't anywhere out there."
"Seriously?" Pandora inquired, how the hell did food appear every day? "And it's warm? This doesn't sound like punishment to me." She chuckled. "We haven't had warm, fresh food in months."

Seulgi's eyes lit up as Marshmallow bounded over to her, eagerly rubbing her ears and head. She liked doggies but Pandora never let her pet them, if they were out there surviving, they probably weren't the kind of dog she wanted to meet. However, Marshmallow was squeaky clean and had been picked up and touched multiple times without biting anyone. Seulgi deemed she was friendly enough to pet.

@AkiraDawn

MM barked happily at all the pets and lovings. She licked Seulgi's face and hands until they may very well pass for 'clean' as long as the inspection wasn't too close. She put on her best 'wanna play?' moves but realized she was going to have to be content with the girl staying on the bed. Eventually she lay down beside her, rested her chin on her leg and dozed off. It had been a very long day.

She had done many things she had never done before, and had been such a good dog. She had sat. She had stayed. And she had barked at all the right times. Her person would be so happy and proud of her whenever she got back. Until then, though, she'd had first class nom balls, was actually Up on the bed which was as soft as she had known it would be, and she had a new person to pet and love her.

@Moose

Patience shrugged, "Must be blessed. I met Orcus once, I was working with a necromancer who was becoming a lich himself. I would not recommend such actions and I would not repeat them if given the choice." He said, shaking his head.

He walked over to his backpack and grabbed out a first aid kit, "Here, fix yourselves up, I can always get more disposable supplies later and as you can see, we have no shortage of cotton cloth." He said, handing it over before picking up his staff and vaulting over the wall to get more food for them.
@Spiraea (Sorry it took me a week)

(Don't worry about it c: I'm sorry this sucks lol)

"Blessed food, huh?" Pandora muttered, pondering it. "That doesn't sound too bad." She smiled as he passed her a first aid kit.
"Thank you." She grinned, heading over to Seulgi.

"Alright, bandage change time." She told Seulgi, gently sitting down on the edge of the bed, careful not to wake Marshmallow.
"But the doggie is sleeping." Seulgi signed, pouting, making Pandora chuckle.
"I'll be careful." She assured, unwrapping Seulgi's wounded leg and leaving the old bandage on the floor to find a bin later. This was ikea, right? There'd be hundreds of bins. She began to clean it out.
"Is it sore?" She asked, to which Seulgi shrugged. Pandora raised an eyebrow, Seulgi was quiet in more ways than one, she didn't talk about pain often. She finished packing and wrapping the wound before moving onto smaller wounds.
"Patience is getting is some food." She told her, to which Seulgi grinned and pet Marshmallow's head. That meant more meatballs for them all, if Marshmallow had space for any more, that is. She could feel her stomach rumbling just thinking about hot food!

(this is going so slow I'm totally out of it by the time I'm called to get back in to it! I know myself, and life is getting busy. I'm gonna go ahead and drop out now rather than hold you all up for the rest of forever. Thanks for letting me play! Feel free to NPC-a-fy Marshmallow if you like! She's a good dog :) )

@Moose
@Spiraea

Patience returned with the food, a couple trays under each arm with various cakes and sides stacked on top of them. He walked over to the table he had set up in the camp and set down the trays, "Here, I feel it would be best to eat something good." He said, taking two of the cakes and shoving one into Pandora's face, and one into Seulgi's, "It sounds like you were living poor lives wherever you were before you were here. Somewhere infested with the undead." He rolled his trunk up, "I have a cousin who would be very interested in risking life and limb to rid you of your problem if we were to get out of here."

He grinned at the both of them, "Both of your problems, he is one for enriching the community, and against the undead." He set the cakes down and opened one of the trays for marshmallow, revealing a mix of vegetables and meatballs, and set it on the ground for her to have at.

Seulgi's eyes lit up at the sight of cake. They hadn't had cake since... since forever! She reached for it as Patience handed it to her but Pandora stopped her.
"Ah! Dinner first," She told her with a grin. Seulgi pouted before digging into her meatballs.
"A cousin?" Pandora smiled, "There's quite a few, it sounds like a difficult task to get rid of them all." She added before taking a bite of her meal.
"The food is good!" Seulgi signed eagerly, to which Pandora chuckled.
"She likes it." She translated, smiling at Patience.

"We used to have a community," Pandora began, pushing her foot around. Seulgi glanced up at her, looking a little glum. "We're not sure where they are now."

Patience laughed boistrously, "Well, we are long lived, he would take the time to do so. A paladin of Kelemvor would not rest until all the dead are put back where they belong... Resting."

"He is also a worshipper of Sune and would be happy to make sure your people are fed. Though I don't know if I could get you that high on his priority list... There's a lot of undead and injustice elsewhere as well." He picked up one cake plate and lifted it above his open mouth with his trunk, letting the whole slice of cake go in at once.

He set the plate down and frowned thoughtfully as they spoke of their community, "Well a community can be a good thing for stability... I guess we will just have to make one here while we are trapped, eh?" He said, hoping to ellicit a positive response.

Pandora raised an eyebrow before chuckling. It suddenly came to her that, since almost all contact had been cut off, if anyone had figured out why people were turning into zombies, they couldn't spread the information. She had no way of knowing why this was happening, she just had to take it at face value.

"I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest. Where--" She began, before sighing. She didn't even know how to ask.
"Where are you from?" She asked. "I haven't seen anything like you before."

Seulgi's eyes lit up at the thought of a new friend group. She missed having lots of people around, it felt almost normal. She nodded eagerly, to which Pandora chuckled.

She asked where he was from and he furrowed his brow, unsure of how to answer, "well, my people hail from another realm, however I was born in the forest on chult. I spent much time in waterdeep until I gained enough money to move into the capital of the eberron empire, New netheril. So... Any of those four would suffice to say where I am from." he said, beginning to eat his noodles and meatballs thoughtfully.

"how about you too? I can't imagine I've heard of where you are from since the undead are allowed to run rampant." he said, concerned.

Pandora raised an eyebrow as he spoke.
"There are different... realms?" She asked, frowning. "We're from Earth. England, specifically." She explained.
Seulgi gasped, grabbing onto Pandora's arm before frantically signing: "Time traveller! Like Doctor Who!"
Pandora chuckled.
"I don't think he's a time traveller... Unless you are a time traveller." She turned to Patience. She couldn't exact question anything at this point.

Patience furrowed his brow when they said they were from Earth. "Never heard of Earth. And Who is a strange name for a doctor, though I suppose I've heard stranger. I can tell you I'm certainly no time traveller." He said with a chuckle.

He stroked his chin as he tried to figure out how best to explain himself, "I may have to write a paper on a new layout of the planes of existence when I get back home..." He cleared his throat, "I am a planeswalker. I travel through the elemental planes, heaven, hell and so on. I have made many churches angry which is why I thought they trapped me in here. But the more I speak to you the more I think this was an accident." He frowned, seemingly disappointed.

Back