Interest Check Infinity (Warring Factions)

Norwaven

Deific Reality
For now I'm just going to start with a High Level Summary of what Infinity details. This would be an Epic RP as it would require each faction to have their own sub section as well as a sub section for battles.

Infinity is set in space.

A Rift converges multiple universes into a new one. Each is use to having dominant control so it starts a war between them. And there are very different from each other. Some use technology and varied kinds, others use magic. Not to mention political differences and possible outright the inability to communicate with each other.

It will allow for a variety of creativity, strategies and tactics to be employed.

I want to discuss the mechanics of it before it's started though.

I'd restrict players to one faction only, headquarters would be private but the GM which at this point would be me would need to be included. I've been told there are a few options that can be used to employ this. Strictly speaking this doesn't mean metagaming is allowed, it is not and more important to enforce in this setting.

GMs won't be allowed to play any major characters or contribute to resource gathering. They'd play as minor characters, this ensures they still get to be involved with the fun and can moderate as needed. At the moment I'd be the only GM.

Players could choose to retire a character, so they can join another faction but they'd only be allowed to be part of one faction at a time.

Factions to get started would need at least two players involved. There would be no limit on how many characters a player could play though.

Now to get to Advantages. Advantages would allow a faction to use something that will tilt a battle into their favor. Advantages would be purchased through the use of Resources. In the interest of keeping it simple they will just be called Resources. Resources would represent gold, military might, magic might, technology might, rare metals, materials, etc. for a faction. Resources would be a pool for the entire faction. How resources are spent will be discussed in headquarters threads. As for preplanning battles most Advantages would need to be acquired prior to a battle engagement. A small amount will be allowed to be used for adapting to the battle. How much resources will be used will be up to the factions. Who makes the final decision in a faction will be left up to how a particular faction wants to set it up.

Resources will be gain in a couple of ways. Quantity of posts and quality of posts. How you gain resources according to quality will be laid out so you'll know what is needed to gain them. The last way to gain resources will be a passive way. The passive way has to do with why battles will be important. Battles won will net a certain amount of resources gained to a faction, so the more you win the more passive resources you gain over time. How that time will be judged depends, however.

This could prove problematic for new factions. However, new factions as Infinity progresses will start out with more passive resources and starting resources but never as much as the already established factions. So longer playing factions will always have the advantage here. But starting factions that come in later will need to start out with extra to make them a possible challenge for the old ones and of course give them enough resources that they can put up a fight and possibly become the new dominant faction or part of them.

Last edited:
Back