Inked [1x1]

He let his shirt drop with a sigh. He sat down on the other chair, looking to Laila. He shook his head, reaching a hand across the table. "Don't be stupid. I wouldn't have it any other way," he said softly.

Her heart skipped a beat and she squeezed his hand lightly. "I'm so glad you're here," She whispered. The confession was hard for her to think, let alone say, but it was true.

She finally found someone that she felt like she could rely on. Most importantly, she had shared with him her darkest secrets and he hadn't gone running for the hills. "The last two weeks without you were pretty miserable," She laughed a little, feeling her eyes start to water again. She quickly wiped at them with her free hand.

Otto smiled sadly. He squeezed her hand back, shuffling the chair around so that they were closer. It felt like his own horrors had been taken off his shoulders, and been replaced with part of Laila's. He didn't mind though. He was fine with carrying that weight.

He chuckled. "It's sucked a bit for me too," he said, putting his other hand over Laila's. "I'm...I'm glad you told me. About everything."

"And... thank you, for sharing as well and not making me feel like a criminal." She chuckled, "And for driving me home." Otto was a sweet man and not one that she deserved.

He managed a laugh. "If you're a criminal, I'm a criminal," he pointed out. "I have an illegal mark, I do illegal marks, and I didn't immediately call the police when you told me about your marks." He paused. "I would've just been a dick if I didn't drive you back."

Something caught her attention and she looked at Otto surprised, "You give illegal marks? How?" That was a very loaded how.

How did he do it?
How did he not get caught?
How did he let other's know he did illegal marks?

"Do you get a lot of people wanting... illegal marks?" She smiled, curious. They were criminals, but they could be criminals together.

Otto smirked and gave a roll of his eyes. "I do them once we're officially shut," he explained. "I take charge of locking up, but I leave the back door unlocked. People come in, and then it's like a normal inking from there. Consultation, come back in a couple weeks, do the mark." He shrugged. "It was difficult for years, but now it's easy."
He chuckled. "Not tons of people, but enough that I have to keep doing it. I've done entire bodies for 'ex-blanks' before."

Last edited:
"Who knew you were such a rebel," she teased. It felt a little like things before, but a little easier as the guilt wasn't eating away at her. "Do you want something to eat?" She checked the time, it was close to dinner time and she hadn't gone grocery shopping... but she was pretty sure she had some chicken in the fridge and she could probably come up with a side. "Or... I don't know if you've got plans or something." Again, she had taken up a lot of his time.

Otto laughed. "I promise, that is the extent of my criminal activity." At least, it had been before. Now he had a new crime: failure to report a blank. At this rate, if he ever ended up in prison his sentence would be immense.

He checked his watch. "I've not got plans," he said with a smile. "I'll help out," he offered, slipping off of his chair. "I'm not the best, though."

Technically if he inked "ex-blanks" then he's already committed failure to report a blank before.

The smile brightened and she stood leading the way into the kitchen. It did not take long to dig through the fridge as she didn't have much to begin with. She had some asparagus, chicken leg quarters, and in the pantry she found a box of mac and cheese. "Nothing special," She admitted as she got out the seasoning and the pans necessary.

But they don't count if they're changing their ways.

He followed after her and leant on the counter, analysing the food as it came out the fridge. "I can do asparagus," he offered, washing his hands quickly. "Or chicken. But we might get salmonella if it's left up to me."

She laughed, "I'll do the chicken. You can season the asparagus and toss in that pan there." She pointed before going to the sink and washing her own hands.

Otto nodded, and started to prepare the asparagus.

Not too long later, and the meal was finished. The asparagus looked a little overcooked, but it was still edible. Otto smiled as he portioned out the food. "I didn't do too bad," he said with a snicker, placing the two plates out on the table. "You wanting a drink?"

"You're learning," chuckled the woman as she put the plates on the table. "Mm, I only have water at the moment, sorry."

He shrugged. "That's fine for me. You wanting a glass?" He asked, making his way to the kitchen and picking two glasses from the cupboard.

She hummed an affirmative and went to dig out her napkins that she hardly ever used. When everything was done she went ahead and took her earlier seat at the table, waiting for Otto to return with drinks. "How did you get your first 'illegal' client?" She wandered out loud when he finally sat.

He filled the cups from the tap and then returned to the table, setting the drink down in front of Laila. He dumped himself down on the chair with a satisfied sigh. "Bon appétit," he said with a chuckle. He was just about to start eating, fork in the air, when Laila asked. He laughed a little. "One of my old friends was trying to start a political movement, or something," he said. "So I did a mark for him. It was just a plain circle over his chest. People kept on coming to me for the tattoo, so I kept doing them. The movement fizzled out, but people already knew I was doing marks, so..." He shrugged.

"One thing led to another," She finished, taking a small bite of her chicken and then asparagus. Chewing carefully, and after swallowing, she said, "Asparagus is good." She doesn't mind it a little overcooked.

Otto nodded. "Yeah. I guess you could say that," he said with a slight chuckle. He raised an eyebrow, putting some of the vegetable in his mouth. He snorted a little. "It's...limp," he snickered.

"But it's got a good taste," grinned Paola taking another bite. The macaroni was her favorite part so she hardly bit into that until the end.

When they finished eating, she stared at her plate, fingering her napkin. "I know I didn't handle things that well..." She started.

Back